[Release] IE Developer Toolbar Addon v1.00.2188-070924

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] IE Developer Toolbar Addon v1.00.2188-070924

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:12 pm

YIKES! I never thought I would see the day that I should make an addon for ANY MS app, let alone my most hated IE. But since my web dev work demands that I keep a copy of IE on hand for testing purposes and I can't live without Firebug plugin for Firefox, this IE DOM inspector plugin is at least better than nothing.

Only tested on Win2k3 with IE6, so can I please have some volunteers to help me test this on other platforms/versions. Cheers!!!

IE Developer Toolbar v1.00.2188
LINK: MrsP_IE_Dev_Toolbar_Addon_v1.00.2188-070924
MD5: E47768E8D7157AE4954F34CC83D22429
SIZE: 283 KB
Description: Internet Explorer plugin for exploring web pages
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/03/01
Language: English
Title: IE Developer Toolbar
Version: 1.00.2188
License: Freeware
Website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS"
Uninstaller: Removes plugin files, reg entries and settings
Overview
The Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar provides several features for exploring and understanding Web pages. These features enable you to:

* Explore and modify the document object model (DOM) of a Web page.
* Locate and select specific elements on a Web page through a variety of techniques.
* Selectively disable Internet Explorer settings.
* View HTML object class names, ID's, and details such as link paths, tab index values, and access keys.
* Outline tables, table cells, images, or selected tags.
* Validate HTML, CSS, WAI, and RSS web feed links.
* Display image dimensions, file sizes, path information, and alternate (ALT) text.
* Immediately resize the browser window to a new resolution.
* Selectively clear the browser cache and saved cookies. Choose from all objects or those associated with a given domain.
* Display a fully featured design ruler to help accurately align and measure objects on your pages.
* Find the style rules used to set specific style values on an element.
* View the formatted and syntax colored source of HTML and CSS.

The Developer Toolbar can be pinned to the Internet Explorer browser window or floated separately.

Enjoy (or not)

:D

Mitsuko Aninikkou
Location: The Netherlands (But running US WinXP, in case it comes up)

Post by Mitsuko Aninikkou » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Hmm, sounds like an interesting program, thanks. I tested it in IE7 and although the button appears on the toolbar, clicking on it has no effect. Then I rebooted :P ..and it works fine. Cheers, luv.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Yeh, it's strange that the MS developers never put any effort into publicising the existence of this indispensable IE addon and I only heard about it from rumours that started spreading last year on various web developer blogs I frequent. :?

Hehehe, maybe they do not really WANT to encourage peeps using tools like this cos it only highlights even further for the end user how absolutely sucky IE is with its standard CSS support :D

Anyhoo thanks for the field tests and feedback hunny child. Muchly appreciated :wink: