[Release] Total Copy (Luki Edition) Addon v1.2-070925

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Total Copy (Luki Edition) Addon v1.2-070925

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 am

I'd been meaning to make an addon for this for ages, and quest221 just jogged my memory hehehe.

Total Copy (Luki Edition) v1.2
LINK: MrsP_Total_Copy_LE_Addon_v1.2-070925
MD5: 7451F620844D307E36B6C3FF44C51692
SIZE: 68 KB
Description: Improved version of the Windows copy function
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2002/04/19
Language: English
Title: Total Copy
Version: 1.2
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%windir%"
Uninstaller: Removes system files, shell menu and reg entries
Total Copy
Total Copy is a improved version of Windows' copy-function. When you normally copy something in Windows, you drag the files from one folder to another using your left mousebutton. If you drag the files using the right mousebutton, you will get a menu like the one to the right. Now, select "Total Copy here" instead of Window's "Copy here".

Features:
* Pause / Resuming : At any time you may pause the copy-prosess, and continue later.
* Auto-pause on any error : If you run out of diskspace, the network goes down or some other error occur, copying is automaticly paused, and you may resume when the error is sorted out.
* Resuming on powerfailure : If the computer is turned off during the copyprosess (ex. power-loss or system-crash), Total Copy let's you resume when you restart.
* Speedlimit : Slows down the copyprosess, and frees resources to other tasks.
* Faster than Windows : Copies slightly faster than Windows (approx. 10% localy, and 1% on network)
* Small improvements : Shows copy-speed, a percent-bar and KBytes remaining.
* Does not modify Windows' own copy-function : This program will not alter the existing windows-copy-function.

Enjoy (or not)

:D

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Small enough to add to any CD and the speed limit function could be useful for background copy jobs that don't need to take over my PC!! Thanks Mrs. P

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 pm

hmm i wonder if this will allow me to fix access denied copy problems without killing the total copy job..

time for testing!

thanks!

RickMckc

Post by RickMckc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 am

Looks interesting (and simpler than Copy Handler) - I'll give it a try. Thanks.
RickMcKC

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:25 am

This is the coolest thing I've never seen :o

I would venture to say I'm about to start using this program all the freakin' time. Thanks MrsP......

Mitsuko Aninikkou
Location: The Netherlands (But running US WinXP, in case it comes up)

Post by Mitsuko Aninikkou » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:11 am

Looks cool, thanks for the addon :)

pyr8

Post by pyr8 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:00 pm

thanks a lot
in the same way
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1590
take a look at supercopier please

roweezy

Post by roweezy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:23 pm

great alternative to teracopy...nice find...thanks for the addon :)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:56 pm

WOW! LOL if I knew this would be so popular I would have asked you to all send me toblerone chocolate instead of thank-yous.

Actually this shell utility has been around for a very long time and I used to use it back in the win2000 days, but the original Ranvik version seemed to me a bit buggy when I migrated to win2003, and I only recently discovered that Luki had released a special modded version for XP.

For those of you who are excited to use this as a replacement for Copy Handler, I just wanted to add my 2cents.... which is that I will personally always have the need for Copy Handler because I often use it for batch copying, especially in the case where I might be compiling a backup and want to copy many different files or folders from different places on my hard drive/partitions.

But for single transfer of very large files from one partition to another this is much easier (and does not demand that annoying behaviour of Copy Handler where you have to open 1st the program and 2nd the copy parameters - I wish he would make it open directly to copy parameters tab) and I had completely forgotten about that file speed option which I must remember to make use of more often when I am multi-tasking during a video rip :D

Glad to see such a happy bunch of addon end users for a change :P

RickMckc

Post by RickMckc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Mrs Peel wrote: For those of you who are excited to use this as a replacement for Copy Handler, I just wanted to add my 2cents....
I was wondering what the advantages of copy handler were ... thanks for explaining. I hadn't thought of using it as a backup utility.
Mrs Peel wrote:Glad to see such a happy bunch of addon end users for a change :P
Maybe the message is getting across. :D
RickMcKC

dolivas

uninstall size question

Post by dolivas » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:31 am

Hi Mrs Peel

I would first like to say THANK YOU very much for all your wonderful addons you do some excellent work.

I have a question about this addon when I go to the Add and Remove programs tab and I look at this removal it shows the size as 1,884.00 MB is this correct? On the first install I noticed it was 2,100.00 MB so I did another fresh install and the second time it showed the 1,884.00 MB.

Thanks again,
dolivas

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Re: uninstall size question

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:46 am

dolivas wrote:I have a question about this addon when I go to the Add and Remove programs tab and I look at this removal it shows the size as 1,884.00 MB is this correct? On the first install I noticed it was 2,100.00 MB so I did another fresh install and the second time it showed the 1,884.00 MB.
Yes I have noticed this buggy behaviour on several addon packs I have made where the Uninstall section "InstallLocation" reg key entry points to any path OTHER than the windoze program files directory - that the Add/Remove programs applet often seems to report a false files size for it.

In the case of this addon it's install path is "X:\WINDOWS" and you will notice the same fickle behaviour on some of my shell and system addons too, which install to either "X:\system32" or "X:\system32\shellex"

I've tried to track down the cause of this file size misreporting, but been unsuccessful so far, because sometimes (as you correctly point out) when you reinstall the app or refresh the ARP list later it is mysteriously reporting it's correct file size again.

I suspect it may be a bug in windoze itself, so if anybody has anything to add here which might address the issue I will be more than happy to recode the uninstallers of the system and shellex addons in my collection to remedy it.

It's been on my list of "must investigate" things-to-do, but there's never any spare time for me lately, so thanks for mentioning this here now cos it gives the opportunity for others to jump onboard to help.

Cheers!

dolivas

Bug in program?

Post by dolivas » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:54 am

Mrs Peel

I just noticed another bug in this program could you please check this with your install. I noticed this when doing a total copy here of a file I had just changed. I was sending it to a folder that had an older copy of the file the Confirm File Replace popped up and the files are switched it ask if you want to replace the newer file with the old one? Well at least the dates on the file are wrong.

Thanks,
Dolivas

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Re: Bug in program?

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:15 am

dolivas wrote:Mrs Peel

I just noticed another bug in this program could you please check this with your install. I noticed this when doing a total copy here of a file I had just changed. I was sending it to a folder that had an older copy of the file the Confirm File Replace popped up and the files are switched it ask if you want to replace the newer file with the old one? Well at least the dates on the file are wrong.

Thanks,
Dolivas
Dolvias, please read this.

The error you describe would be a problem with the software, which obviously I cannot be responsible for. Please uninstall my addon and confirm this by doing a local (live) install of the program which you can download from the authors page listed in my release notes above.

Problems with software must be directed to the software author, not me.

Cheers

keegan

Post by keegan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Wow, I just had a pretty serious bug with this one. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen? I tried to do a Total Move... and it simply deleted the file without actually copying the file first. I was moving a large file (400mb) across the network when this happened. Just looking for someone else who had this problem and maybe an answer. I know this isn't the right place for a formal bug report.

I still like this program but I think I'm going to stray away from moving with it. For important files I would recommend the copy function only. Come to think of it, that may have been the first move I tried.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:43 am

yes, this is "crap ware" though the "idea was cheer"

i know this app from very long ago before it crash landed in here ,and not that good in spoiling the fun regardless of the occasion :lol:

mitsukai89

Post by mitsukai89 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:00 am

i like teracopy better

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:33 am

I personally happen to like this app. Show me something that runs on any computer under any OS absolutely problem free. Oh, wait, you cannot.

Seriously, it's nice that other people have opinions, but unless there is a constructive reason behind sharing them, do us a favor and don't, especially when it is not relevant.

mitsukai89: You like teracopy better? Make an addon. Then you can have people tell you they like something else better inspite of all of your work.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:37 am

Bugs
As of now, the software has several known bugs. I'm working on this now, and will post a new version as soon as they are fixed, if you have bugs send them to: buglist at ranvik dotnet
it may be some revision i'm not aware of, but im sure i had my experience of using this a long time ago and tried this recent addon from here but it still did not prevail
and for being more constructive ,i cant seem to find any dates on the home page as to how this piece is maintained...
so hopefully it may get better, when i really mean when..? ,as it seems to be floating around unfinished for a long time thats "how" my opinion established itself btw ,so i hope this explains some

mitsukai89

Post by mitsukai89 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:06 am

Zacam wrote:mitsukai89: You like teracopy better? Make an addon. Then you can have people tell you they like something else better inspite of all of your work.
what the hell are you whining? if i make an addon, and poeple tell me that there is something better out there, i would be happy to switch after i try it.

also if u would have investigated teracopy, then even one screenshot can tell you why teracopy is 10x better than this

here is teracopy addon: http://www.msfn.org/board/Release-TeraC ... 05736.html

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Wasn't whining, just stating that problems with an app not caused by being an addon don't belong in the addon's thread is all.

I should probably apologize for my reaction to your one liner though, mitsukai89. If it had been a statement of more than one line, or even a suggestion to "upgrade" Total Copy addon into a TeraCopy addon, I probably would not have mis-reacted.

If people could PM me with issues this application has or that they have noticed, I'll compile them together and see if they can be addressed.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:01 pm

ah, I get it, the prettiness of a screenshot determines the usefulness of software.....

mitsukai89

Post by mitsukai89 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:53 pm

no and yes.

also i find mroe features in teracopy than in this software

Oron123
Location: In the tavern in the village of Fleur de lis near Calypso - StS

Post by Oron123 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:39 am

Thank you, Mrs Peel.
An advice for life: Do not argue with people who have no knowledge.
They aren't aware of what they say/write and will drag you down to their level.
www.TecHappens.com