[Release] Kels' UberPacK v16.6 & Notepad2-Mod

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Once again, I would like to say that I appreciate the work you do Kelsenellenelvian.

Because I like the way Mrs. Peel kept the inf files, as a request, could you modify your inf slightly to have an actual "Install_dir" string so that the file destination can be changed easily? (Similar to the way the 7zSplit files are put.)

If not, I can still do this myself. I just think it would be rather easier to maintain (and change for perfectionists like myself) if you have an install directory/subdirectory specifically mentioned once in the inf.

I can send you the changes that I made to your inf file (most recent update) which I use for my own purposes. Essentially what I did was take and add a specific install directory string for most of the icons, and then I also reused all of the program specific strings to keep the inf consistent (where variables could have been used but were not).

Please Note: This is just a request, and it is not meant to make anyone work any harder than they should. Due to your time being important, I will understand if you deny this request.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:54 am

Sure send me the inf. There is sooo many damned directories in this I am having a hard time getting the gumption up to change all of the rest on the install dirs for all of the seperate progs, features...

Maybe you're effort will help me to finish that off.

I am sure Mrs. Peel would like your compliment too. :P

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:40 pm

I sent you a PM Kelsenellenelvian, however I do not know how to add attachments to PMs. If you get a headache going through all of that mess I sent you, I can try an alternate way of getting the modified inf file to you.

Thank you for looking in to this.
--Anonymous

pckiller00

Post by pckiller00 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 am

Kel,

I'm having a problem, i previously slipstreamed an older revision of the UberPack and extracted the contents of the updated cab file and just ran the inf file to update all the components. Now Notepad/Notepad2 seems to be corrupted or something, I get nothing but characters, when I say run Notepad from Start, Run or just running Notepad from the Start Menu shortcuts, any ideas.

Here's what I get when I launch Notepad, if I go thru the Start Menu and select Notepad2 it loads fine, but selecting Notepad which will run Notepad2 I get mess in the window, see below

Here's my system info

Windows XP Professional SP3 Build 5508

Here's what I've tried to fix the problem, I've tried extracting notepad.ex_ to notepad.exe from the extracted SP3 files and replacing all instances of notepad.exe on my machine but I receive an error or it doesn't work. Any ideas Kel.

Thanks, you can PM if you want.

Jondar

Post by Jondar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:05 am

The scrambled characters you see in that image are due to the fact that the new Notepad2 (2.1.19) does not support the hacks that code65536 did to his 2.0.18.3 version, which allows the registry-hack method of replacing notepad.exe with notepad2.exe.

What is happening is that Notepad2 is trying to load notepad.exe as a text file, hence the craziness.

I'm guessing that the proper maintainer decided not to include the patches that code65536 sent to him (which included the fix for the registry-hack replacment, and code-folding).

I believe (and Kel would be able to confirm this) that the XP notepad is replaced by Notepad2 2.1.19 in a different way than was in previous UberPacks.

Hope this helps,

-- Jondar

pckiller00

Post by pckiller00 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Was thinking that, but just figured that I'd put it out there for anyone else having the same problem, but what I've done is just installed the previous UberPack on top of the current version 11.9.8 and everything works. I'll wait to see if there is an update to the UberPack to fix this, no worries for me if I have to use an older UberPack :)

creative4rce

Post by creative4rce » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:33 am

two things i need to bring up

First is now i know why i was having trouble downloading certain addons

i had activex filter clicked in my router firewall .. which makes me think why do i need actice x enabled to download?

second and most important .. while downloading the ubber pack i got this message
http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Ke ... ab\Mmm.exe
Malware name : Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]
Malware type : Rootkit
VPS version 080417-0, 04/17/2008
from avast and had to abort connection

can you tell me why is this please

cheers

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 am

I have no clue why you can't download my packages. No clue at all.

Mmm.exe is compressed by its company for security of code. You are getting a fals virus report. Over a thousand people download my addon a month and this is the first virus report I have gotten on mmm.exe.

Where do you live?

Are you using a download manager or something like fasterfox? Anything that might hammer my server and make it say "Hell NO"?
Last edited by Kelsenellenelvian on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

creative4rce

Post by creative4rce » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 am

thanks for the quick reply Kels

well now with the activeX filter removed from router firewall i can download so there's something that others experiencing download problems can look at

and as for that virus .. yes i found that strange myself .. i wonder why it does so .. as for virus detectors as you well know they are always behind the 8th ball with their virus list .. so could very well be a problem ... or not! lol

cheers

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:57 am

Updated :D

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:40 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Updated :D
that's hilarious... 'cause I just modded you 11.9.8 to use code's notepad2... just two days ago...
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:28 pm

YESSSSS! You are the man once again Kelsenellenelvian. I cannot wait until I get home to use this updated pack. I will let you know how the installation goes. :)
--Anonymous

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks Kel

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:23 am

crashfly wrote:
YESSSSS! You are the man once again Kelsenellenelvian.
dkrus wrote:Thanks Kel
ditto both those comments!

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:15 am

You know, I have been meaning to ask this, but I keep forgetting. So while I am remembering, I need to ask a question about this "Uber pack".

I notice that UPX Gui is included with this addon. Does that also mean that the "Universal Extractor" program is also included with it, or is it a separate pack?
If it is a separate pack, which version should I be installing (or where is the addon for it)?
--Anonymous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:22 am

UPXGui and Universal extractor or 2 VERY different things m8.

UPX is to compress or decompress .exe and .dll files to conserve space.

Universal extractor is designed to take installer packages and simply rip them apart. Thus giving you their innards.

Here is a link for it: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... +extractor

As you can see it is nearly the same size as the UberPacK hence the decision not to include it.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:08 pm

And here somehow I thought those were related. Thanks for setting me straight. Definitely thanks for the latest universal extractor link.

As for your uber pack, it is only a few steps away from being the *ultimate* uber pack. A few of the directory settings were missed in the inf. To speed this process, I have listed below what was missed:

Code: Select all

Under the [Task.addreg] section:

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","TaskSwitchXP",,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\TaskSwitchXP.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ConfigTsXP.exe",,,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\ConfigTsXP.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ConfigTsXP.exe","Path",,"%16422%\%TaskMain%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\TaskSwitchXP.exe",,,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\TaskSwitchXP.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\TaskSwitchXP.exe","Path",,"%16422%\%TaskMain%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","UninstallString",0x00020000,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\uninst.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","InstallLocation",0x00020000,"%16422%\%TaskMain%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","DisplayName",,"TaskSwitchXP"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","DisplayIcon",,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\TaskSwitchXP.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","DisplayVersion",,"2.0.11"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TaskSwitchXP","Readme",,"%16422%\%TaskMain%\ReadMe.txt"

Under the [Unlocker.addreg] section:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\%CLSID1%\InProcServer32",,,"%16422%\%Unlocker%\UnlockerCOM.dll"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\%CLSID1%\InProcServer32","ThreadingModel",,"Apartment"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\%CLSID1%\InProcServer32",,,"%16422%\%Unlocker%\UnlockerCOM.dll"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\%CLSID1%\InProcServer32","ThreadingModel",,"Apartment"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\UnlockerShellExtension",,,"%CLSID1%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\UnlockerShellExtension",,,"%CLSID1%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Unlocker.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","UnlockerAssistant",,"""%16422%\%Unlocker%\UnlockerAssistant.exe"" -H"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved","%CLSID1%",,"UnlockerShellExtension"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","DisplayName",,"Unlocker 1.8.6"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","UninstallString",,"%16422%\%Unlocker%\uninst.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","DisplayIcon",,"%16422%\%Unlocker%\Unlocker.exe"

Under the [mmm.DelShortcut] section
Name       = mmm,0x00000003
SubDir     = %Progs%

Under the [mmm.DelShortcut2] section
Name       = mmm,0x00000002
SubDir     = %Progs%
After those changes, the Uber pack will become the *Ultimate* Uber pack.
--Anonymous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:06 pm

I left those ones like I did because those progs uninstaller programs are pretty well coded in the uninstaller. Plus it is the def directory for those progs so an upgrade install is very easy.

as for the mmm yeah oops I forgot those.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:I left those ones like I did because those progs uninstaller programs are pretty well coded in the uninstaller. Plus it is the def directory for those progs so an upgrade install is very easy.

as for the mmm yeah oops I forgot those.
As an alternative, you might be able to "program" your own uninstaller (similar to what Mrs Peel does for hers). However, programing the inf for such a function might take more time than you have. Just an idea anyway. :)
--Anonymous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:57 pm

yaeh i know I just got lazy lately :P....

pckiller00

Post by pckiller00 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:24 pm

thanks for the update Kel, keep up the great work :)

zeeter

Post by zeeter » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Kel, maybe I missed something, but why did you revert back to older version of notepad2?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:48 pm

because the older version was a special version made by an ex member of the forums here that supports things like code-folding and is more powerfull.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 am

Hey kel, as posted by another member in another topic, unlocker v1.7 is out.
V1.7 is out now.
Change Log:
Unlocker 1.8.7 - 01/05/2008
- Fixed bug: Unlocker should not create event logs anymore.
- Fixed bug: Unlocker should not take minutes to close on certain configurations anymore.
- Fixed bug: Unlocker should not lock DLLs not used by Unlocker anymore.
- Fixed bug: Fixed potential driver bug.
- Fixed bug: Miscellaneous handle leaks.
- Improved behavior: Improved deleting/renaming/moving files such as C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx for example.
- Improved behavior: When right-clicking files or folders and selecting Unlocker, those are automatically deselected. It helps with movie files and removable drives.
- Improved UI: Icon looks correct now on Windows Vista
Since you do such a wonderful job, maybe an update is in order?
--Anonymous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri May 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Sweet!!

Will do immediatly

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri May 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Updated now

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Updated now
You *are* da man. Thank you so very much for keeping everything updated.

Hell, I wish my computer and life were updated that much. ;)
--Anonymous

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm

will the silent instsller .exe be updated as well?

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Fri May 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks Kel

iuli_kyle

Post by iuli_kyle » Sat May 03, 2008 2:44 am

Thanks for the update,Kel. However, can i integrate this over an already integrated UberPack (i just build a complex Windows disc and i don't want to start again from scratch) ? Thank you again !
Image SFXMaker - The most complete switchless installer creator software

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat May 03, 2008 4:36 am

yup :D

Will update the silent installer tomight. (ran outta time earlier)

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sun May 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I've noticed one problem with this and it is with notepad2...
It does not create a notepad2.ini in %APPDATA%\Notepad2 so when you change settings and "save" it doesn't save them for future sessions... so you have to change your settings every time...

saper

Post by saper » Sun May 04, 2008 12:15 pm

not working autostart in mmm+ :(

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sun May 04, 2008 12:25 pm

saper wrote:not working autostart in mmm+ :(
I'm not having this problem...

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sun May 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks Kel, I'll look forward to it.....

iuli_kyle

Post by iuli_kyle » Mon May 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:yup :D

Will update the silent installer tomight. (ran outta time earlier)
Ok, thanks for the fast answer and for the addon !
Image SFXMaker - The most complete switchless installer creator software

WolverineFan

Extract Notepad2/++ from the UberPack?

Post by WolverineFan » Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 am

I love your uberpacks, but I'm a Notepad++ fan and I noticed that the Notepad2 uberpack gets more love than the Notepad++ version.

I was wondering how hard it would be to make the uberpack independent of the Notepad2/++ choice. So have 3 packages:
uberpack
notepad2 pack
notepad++ pack

Saves you time when making updates, and we crazy Notepad++ people don't have to wait on changes.

Of course if the notepad2/++ choice greatly impacts the rest of the uberpack just ignore me :)

Thanks for all your great tools!!

benjamminzIS

Re: Extract Notepad2/++ from the UberPack?

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 pm

WolverineFan wrote:I love your uberpacks, but I'm a Notepad++ fan and I noticed that the Notepad2 uberpack gets more love than the Notepad++ version.

I was wondering how hard it would be to make the uberpack independent of the Notepad2/++ choice. So have 3 packages:
uberpack
notepad2 pack
notepad++ pack

Saves you time when making updates, and we crazy Notepad++ people don't have to wait on changes.

Of course if the notepad2/++ choice greatly impacts the rest of the uberpack just ignore me :)

Thanks for all your great tools!!
I think this would be a good idea... maybe we'll be lucky and kel will concur.

pckiller00

Post by pckiller00 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Kel,

The download link is down :/

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:51 pm

think he didnt have time to update topic and link...

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Ke ... _v12.3.CAB
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

zeniitti

Post by zeniitti » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 am

If I change in this file "UberPack.inf" inside "Kels_Uber_Addon_v12.3.CAB" -archive will I get different folder names inside Start-menu? This addon is practically in English and my installation will be in Finnish, so I would like to translate Utilities to Finnish in Start-menu and so on.

[Strings]
7z           = "Utilities\7zSplit"
AC	         = "Attribute Changer"
CLSID1       = "{DDE4BEEB-DDE6-48fd-8EB5-035C09923F83}"
CLSID2       = "{8C98C830-429E-11d3-8EBE-00A0249EABF4}"
CLSID3   	   = "{D3F9A525-8824-497A-BE36-B23E22F141FC}"
CLSID4       = "{afc638f0-e8a4-11ce-9ade-00aa00a42d2e}"
Post         = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\PostInstall"
Progs        = "Utilities"
Ptweak       = """Open Command Prompt"",&Back,""&Select All"",""&Hidden Files Toggle"",""&File Extension Toggle"",""Change Attributes..."",""Run with ar&guments ..."",Capitalise,""Convert to &upper case"",""Convert to &lower case"",""ModifyPE It"",&Unlocker,""Copy To..."",""Move To..."",""Process with eXPander"",Clipname,""Advance &Uninstall"",&FGCBA...,""Advance I&nstall"",""CMD Prompt"",""&Make Data ISO"",""&Make Bootable ISO"",""Change &Attributes..."",&UnRegister,&Register,""Open &With Notepad2"",""Ed&it Date"""
RegShot      = "Utilities\RegShot"
Reshack      = "Utilities\Resource Hacker"
RemoveMe     = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"

;Remember to change all 3 TaskSwitchXP dirs to match!!!
TaskLang     = "TaskSwitchXP\lang"
TaskMain     = "TaskSwitchXP"
TaskScripts  = "TaskSwitchXP\scripts"

[Strings]
7z           = "MyOwnFolder\7zSplit"
AC	         = "Attribute Changer"
CLSID1       = "{DDE4BEEB-DDE6-48fd-8EB5-035C09923F83}"
CLSID2       = "{8C98C830-429E-11d3-8EBE-00A0249EABF4}"
CLSID3   	   = "{D3F9A525-8824-497A-BE36-B23E22F141FC}"
CLSID4       = "{afc638f0-e8a4-11ce-9ade-00aa00a42d2e}"
Post         = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\PostInstall"
Progs        = "MyOwnFolder"
Ptweak       = """Open Command Prompt"",&Back,""&Select All"",""&Hidden Files Toggle"",""&File Extension Toggle"",""Change Attributes..."",""Run with ar&guments ..."",Capitalise,""Convert to &upper case"",""Convert to &lower case"",""ModifyPE It"",&Unlocker,""Copy To..."",""Move To..."",""Process with eXPander"",Clipname,""Advance &Uninstall"",&FGCBA...,""Advance I&nstall"",""CMD Prompt"",""&Make Data ISO"",""&Make Bootable ISO"",""Change &Attributes..."",&UnRegister,&Register,""Open &With Notepad2"",""Ed&it Date"""
RegShot      = "MyOwnFolder\RegShot"
Reshack      = "MyOwnFolder\Resource Hacker"
RemoveMe     = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"

;Remember to change all 3 TaskSwitchXP dirs to match!!!
TaskLang     = "TaskSwitchXP\lang"
TaskMain     = "TaskSwitchXP"
TaskScripts  = "TaskSwitchXP\scripts"

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Wed May 14, 2008 1:20 pm

zeniitti wrote:If I change in this file "UberPack.inf" inside "Kels_Uber_Addon_v12.3.CAB" -archive will I get different folder names inside Start-menu? This addon is practically in English and my installation will be in Finnish, so I would like to translate Utilities to Finnish in Start-menu and so on.

[Strings]
The option you want to change for shortcut locations is the above listed 'Progs' string. It controls where the shortcuts are placed *in the Start Menu*. So any language should support the 'Programs' option in the profile string to put the shortcuts in the "appropriate" Start Menu folder (or subfolder as the case may be).
--Anonymous

zeniitti

Post by zeniitti » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am

crashfly wrote:
zeniitti wrote:If I change in this file "UberPack.inf" inside "Kels_Uber_Addon_v12.3.CAB" -archive will I get different folder names inside Start-menu? This addon is practically in English and my installation will be in Finnish, so I would like to translate Utilities to Finnish in Start-menu and so on.

[Strings]
The option you want to change for shortcut locations is the above listed 'Progs' string. It controls where the shortcuts are placed *in the Start Menu*. So any language should support the 'Programs' option in the profile string to put the shortcuts in the "appropriate" Start Menu folder (or subfolder as the case may be).
Just to be sure, which is the best way to manage .cab-files. WinRAR sure can open those, but for example "Kels_Uber_Addon_v12.3.CAB" was some kind of protected file that I couldn't update it with several programs that I tried. makecab.exe was also one of them and just couldn't get it work. Tried to search but with string makecab it gives like million answers...

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu May 15, 2008 1:05 am

Ummm choose extract to folder..

then inside that folder you will find the internal inf file.

update that and select all of the contents then choose add to archive.

All this using winrar of course.

none of my files or addons are encrypted or protected.

zeniitti

Post by zeniitti » Thu May 15, 2008 1:20 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:All this using winrar of course.
How do I make cab-archive with winrar :oops:
Now I have packed .rar-archive.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu May 15, 2008 1:23 am

and that will work fine. nLite and the integrator works fine with rar files. :D

zeniitti

Post by zeniitti » Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 am

Me, dum-dum...

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 pm

IZArc will make CAB archives correctly, won't it Kel?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri May 16, 2008 12:27 am

Yes IZArc makes cab files. So does TugZip...

ontelo

Post by ontelo » Fri May 23, 2008 11:45 am

Link won't work. :(