Entries to be added to Registry using integrator?

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
dgelwin

Entries to be added to Registry using integrator?

Post by dgelwin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:30 pm

I dont know if this is possible but i have been told that the only stupid questions are the ones that arent ask, and... are you sure its mine?

so here goes my question

is it possible with the integrator to add entries that will be added to the registry during install or do i have to use a file with these entries, plz if anyone know how i can do this i would greatly appreciate the help,
thnx in advance, and keep up the good work on the addon packs.

siginet i guess your best qualified to answer this seeing as how you made the integrator, plz help me.

ps. btw does anyone here play lineage 2 and on hobbits server?
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:27 am

Well if you use the extrafileedits section in your entries file you can possibly do this. You would have to madify one of the hive files. Like hivesft.inf (Which is the Software section of the registry. ;)

Also It is possible to do things with the registry using an inf file... but I do not know how that is done.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:42 am

Perhaps someone can come up with an addon pack that is able to integrate a user-supplied .reg file.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:50 am

How about just doing it dirty and adding it to svcpack.ini like regedit /s blah.reg? under setup hotfixes to run.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 am

yay! siginet im glad to report that modifying the hivest.inf file works perfectly for adding entries to the registry, but......
it doesnt do what i wanted so i have found that using the extra edits to edit svcpack.ini and doing something similar to what kelsene mentioned (thnx man :D) so know what im doing is combo of both methods, for simple registry entries that do not require paths to exe or files to be entered i use siginets suggestion, and for other entries that require the paths i use a .cmd file with reg add %systemdrive%\path desired\file.ext

if anyone else is interested ill post my addon as soon as im finished but im sure you guys will have it mastered b4 i am even near to finishing :(

thnx very uch siginet and kelsene.

Cybercream

Post by Cybercream » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:17 pm

This would be cool. I know nlite adds tweaks somehow, so you think it could be possible. But I'm not so sure how nlite even adds tweaks.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:04 pm

yeah i checked out nlite like cybercream suggested and nlites tweaks to registry seem to follow siginets idea of editing the hivest.inf file, this is really cool and it would be the main way im heading but there are certaing registry entries that i just cant add until during install such as adding entries to the registry that include paths to files that i place in the %systemdrive% in custom folders

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:39 pm

I would definatly like to see some of the registry tweak addons you make. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:22 pm

i will upload some and send you a pm on friday, because thats when i will get back home, but be warned siginet i still dont quite know what im getting myself into, but give it a try and report back plz