Searched over and over, but where is Ryan's WMP 10?

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Amiga

Searched over and over, but where is Ryan's WMP 10?

Post by Amiga » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Okay, before anyone states to do a search, I have.

:shock: Where did Ryan's WMP 10 addon go? I know the eventual goal was to have boooggy maintain a WMP addon, but I can't find any post stating Ryan abandoned his WMP 10 addon. I know Ryan doesn't have a ton of time, so I'm not bashing him in any way. I haven't been in the loop because I have been waiting for 2.2.1 to be released.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:57 pm

he isnt updating or supporting it anymore. gotta switch to wmp 11 addon on if you like wmp

he talks about it here http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=50

towards the bottom

Amiga

Maybe the download page should reflect abandoned addons?

Post by Amiga » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Let me stress this again, I realize Ryan has limited time and has helped many of us.

:idea: After reading that link, it looks like I am not the only one looking for Ryan's addons that have been abandoned/removed. Maybe Ryan should post their titles back on the download page and place in bold, perhaps in red, that certain addons are no longer available. I think a lot of us got out of the loop waiting for the next update pack to be released.

Mitsuko Aninikkou
Location: The Netherlands (But running US WinXP, in case it comes up)

Post by Mitsuko Aninikkou » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:34 pm

If you do still want WMP10 despite it being outdated and forcing you to reinstall some hotfixes, but simply can't find it anywhere, I still have 3.1a lying around (a friend of mine absolutely loathes WMP11. I agree with him, but then I don't really use any version of WMP)

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Ryan does mention that his addon will no longer be updated in the WMP10 addon thread. It's still available on the tracker.

Amiga

Post by Amiga » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 am

Not to start a pissing contest, but trying to find that thread is next to impossible through the search function. In addition, the first message has not been updated in that thread.

The bottom line is that many people haven't visited the forums in several months because of the length of time between the update packs. People got used to downloading Ryan's addons from the download page and puff they are gone. It isn't a big deal, but I have been reading others looking for Ryan's old stuff. We know Ryan can't maintain everything, but a message (maybe the word DISCONTINUED) on that page on what happened to his old stuff wouldn't hurt either.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:38 am

Fair enough. I didn't find the thread through search; I keep shortcuts to the release threads of the addons I've used, including that one.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:29 am

Amiga wrote:Not to start a pissing contest, but trying to find that thread is next to impossible through the search function. In addition, the first message has not been updated in that thread.

The bottom line is that many people haven't visited the forums in several months because of the length of time between the update packs. People got used to downloading Ryan's addons from the download page and puff they are gone. It isn't a big deal, but I have been reading others looking for Ryan's old stuff. We know Ryan can't maintain everything, but a message (maybe the word DISCONTINUED) on that page on what happened to his old stuff wouldn't hurt either.

thats probably a good idea actually

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:52 pm

WMP10 addon is still listed as a torrent: http://tracker.ryanvm.net/