[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 am

Microsoft windows-media-player-(firefox-plugin)

last time a tried this installer maker I had only selected the needed desired version with a bunch of plugins but then it needed paths and such ..browsing to paths ... before "Create Addon" was available ..

I'll try this again sometime later ...

thanks & cheers

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 am

ENU_user wrote:Microsoft windows-media-player-(firefox-plugin)

last time a tried this installer maker I had only selected the needed desired version with a bunch of plugins but then it needed paths and such ..browsing to paths ... before "Create Addon" was available ..

I'll try this again sometime later ...

thanks & cheers
Sorry. But, I am not understanding your post. What is the error? Could you send me the log?

User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 pm

what I meant was @ having the addon maker allow a default path for a installation path in the addon. as in program files\mozilla\... ( if none was specifically selected!...)

so Its even easy to create an addon in three clicks selecting:
1; a FF version
2; plugin selections
3; Create Addon
Done!
----------------------------------

to be sure, Ill soon check this out with the latest realease to see if there's a chance I'm not just blubbering for nothing and this inst even a real case ;)

thanks for listening

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 pm

ENU_user wrote:what I meant was @ having the addon maker allow a default path for a installation path in the addon. as in program files\mozilla\... ( if none was specifically selected!...)

so Its even easy to create an addon in three clicks selecting:
1; a FF version
2; plugin selections
3; Create Addon
Done!
----------------------------------

to be sure, Ill soon check this out with the latest realease to see if there's a chance I'm not just blubbering for nothing and this inst a real case :?

thanks for listening ;)
It does insert defaults paths, if you select "Use Jonnyboy's Defaults" (you can select, de-select and the default paths will remain).
I Don't remember which version I added it in.

User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:52 pm

thanks to those comprehensive special options added in selections I now got a new shining firefox with out loosing any settings at all.. (thats for the buggy one I was recently using :P)

so this is Great news! ^-^

thanks for all the Good work and updates ..etc

Great Tool.

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:39 am

i have a question about this
"Installs the current version plugins: Foxit Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Media Player, Office 2007, QuickTime Player, Abobe Reader, RealPlayer, Adobe Shockwave, Macromedia Authorware, WGA and OGA"

in the case of quicktime and real player, does it just install the plugin or the entire codec? and if its just the plugin then won't we still have to install the entire codec as well?

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 am

ccl0 wrote:i have a question about this
"Installs the current version plugins: Foxit Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Media Player, Office 2007, QuickTime Player, Abobe Reader, RealPlayer, Adobe Shockwave, Macromedia Authorware, WGA and OGA"

in the case of quicktime and real player, does it just install the plugin or the entire codec? and if its just the plugin then won't we still have to install the entire codec as well?
Just the plugin. I a codec is required, then the codec needs to be installed, also.
Flash, shockwwave, authorware, wga/oga do not require any additional software to be installed.

Raoul90
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Raoul90 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:06 am

ENU_user wrote:Microsoft windows-media-player-(firefox-plugin)

last time a tried this installer maker I had only selected the needed desired version with a bunch of plugins but then it needed paths and such ..browsing to paths ... before "Create Addon" was available ..

I'll try this again sometime later ...

thanks & cheers
My WMP dont work in Firefox, I used this maker also, havent found a workaround yet, im using Win7.

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:17 am

Raoul90 wrote:
ENU_user wrote:Microsoft windows-media-player-(firefox-plugin)

last time a tried this installer maker I had only selected the needed desired version with a bunch of plugins but then it needed paths and such ..browsing to paths ... before "Create Addon" was available ..

I'll try this again sometime later ...

thanks & cheers
My WMP dont work in Firefox, I used this maker also, havent found a workaround yet, im using Win7.
I don't have a working Win7 vm, yet. I will set up today and test.
Thanks

**EDIT**
Just tested in Win7 x64 and the wmp11 plugin is working. If you could send me the log file, I can look into your particular installer.

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Jonnyboy wrote:
Just the plugin. I a codec is required, then the codec needs to be installed, also.
i'm wondering whats the point to that then? because if you install something like quicktime alternative then it also automatically installs the plugins for the browsers

User avatar
Knowone
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Knowone » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

Unless the browser is installed _after_ the codec?
Important is more than knowledge imagination
--Einal Bertstein

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

ccl0 wrote:
Jonnyboy wrote:
Just the plugin. I a codec is required, then the codec needs to be installed, also.
i'm wondering whats the point to that then? because if you install something like quicktime alternative then it also automatically installs the plugins for the browsers
First, the plugins are there, because they were requested. And, they are optional. You do not have to include those plugins.
Second, if I am correct, for the plugins to work, they need to be in the firefox\plugins folder or the codec must be installed after firefox so that the plugin is registered to firefox.

But, by adding the plugins to the firefox installer, you need not worry about the correct order of installation. They are automatically registered to firefox.

I have just tested on a clean install.
First, installed quicktime, then firefox - plugin not working. Then, copied plugins to firefox\plugins folder - plugin working.
Second, installed firefox, then quicktime - plugin working.


**EDIT**
Foxit Reader - requires an additional download and install just for the plugin. Firefox must be installed and installed in the default location or else the plugin installer will fail, stating that firefox is not installed.
Flash has separate installer for IE or Firefox.
Office 2007 and WMP do not include a plugin, they are third party plugins.
WGA\OGA require several clicks to download and install (after you have found the correct web page)
Authorware is only a plugin.

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 am

thats true. if quicktime is installed before then obviously wont install the plugin. but in using this to make an addon though, i would think firefox would have a good chance of being installed first

User avatar
Knowone
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Knowone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 am

Just noticed something with a firefox built with the present version. Adblock plus didn't work properly. I did'nt seem to connect to either installed filters or preset options. A little reinstall of the adblocksomething.xpi fixed it, though.

I will make another version now with a firefox built up anew instead of carrying lots of old stuff with it, hopefully also adblock plus works properly this time.
Important is more than knowledge imagination
--Einal Bertstein

User avatar
Knowone
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Knowone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:49 am

That is, if I can get a hold of the addon maker. Link provided at Wincert seems to be dead. :-/
Important is more than knowledge imagination
--Einal Bertstein

User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:21 pm

I should think program files\mozilla\ as typically Defaults unless the regular installer really uses program files\firefox.

&\or it can then be added in options as
* Use "mozilla" install paths ? (...)

goodness for keeping the previous versions also available as I'm having 2 of a few problems with the latest firefox ...

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm

ENU_user wrote:I should think program files\mozilla\ as typically Defaults unless the regular installer really uses program files\firefox.

&\or it can then be added in options as
* Use "mozilla" install paths ? (...)

goodness for keeping the previous versions also available as I'm having 2 of a few problems with the latest firefox ...
I have a couple of hours today, to work on this. If you around and can post the problems, I will try to fix them.
Since Firefox 3.5, I haven't done anything with the script except fix url issues as the file providers change the file naming or linking scheme. Firefox 3.5 has surely made some changes to and additions of new files. To sort this out is not difficult, just need the time, to go through each new file. I will, of course, try to get this done today.
As to the "default's" used in my script, they are 'Jonnyboy's Defaults', not Firefox's defaults. It is referenced that way in the script. To change the path is easy enough and then save your settings. The next time you run the script, just load your settings and run. **I will make changes to this, today.
Also, I just, today learned that the ftp server where my files have been hosted is gone. I will remedy this, today.
Thanks

Mann41
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Mann41 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 pm

appreciate your hard work bro.pls keep it up

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 am

Knowone wrote:Just noticed something with a firefox built with the present version. Adblock plus didn't work properly. I did'nt seem to connect to either installed filters or preset options. A little reinstall of the adblocksomething.xpi fixed it, though.

I will make another version now with a firefox built up anew instead of carrying lots of old stuff with it, hopefully also adblock plus works properly this time.
I have tried many things and can not find the reason why adblock doesn't work when using this script. I'll keep trying.

***EDIT***
After several hours, I have found the reason. The file "nsAdblockPlus.js" was removed from the latest build of Adblocks 1.1.1. During the copying of the extensions, the 'Global' extensions are being merged into the 'Non-Global' extensions, copying the outdated file into the new version. I thought that I had set it not to copy extensions that had been updated, but I had not. This will take me awhile to fix and script properly.
I hope to post an update tonight.

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:35 am

I have nearly completed the update. I need some information from anyone that does not have english as their Windows language. When you right click on a exe or file, on the context menu, there is a choice to pin to taskbar. I need to what what the exact string is to pin to the taskbar. On english systems it is "Pin to Taskbar". Note, the string must be exact or it will not work.
The sooner that you can get this to me, the sooner I can incorporate it into the script.

Windows 7 has given me trouble in copying files, reading reg strings, creating shortcuts. I finally have it all worked out. The new version works in all versions of windows (xp and up) and the installer package will install in any version of windows (xp and up) 32-bit or 64-bit, silently. The script will only need to be run as admin if you have your folders\files hidden as the script needs to see hidden folders to copy from the profile and the script can change the reg setting to view hidden files.
The install package does not need UAC to be disabled or to be run as admin. You will, of have to respond to the nag screen.

I still have a few things to cleanup, but I should have it ready in a few days. Sorry, I only have a couple of hours a day to work on this.

***EDIT***
Does this path remain the same?
"Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar"
Last edited by Jonnyboy on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raoul90
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Raoul90 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:39 am

For Dutch it is:
"Dit programma vastmaken aan de taakbalk".

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:09 am

Raoul90 wrote:For Dutch it is:
"Dit programma vastmaken aan de taakbalk".
Thanks

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Update Posted
Lots of changes. It is still a work in progress.

v0.702 - 11-14-09
-changed widow postitioning script
-fixed error in shortcut creation when not using an installed firefox path
-removed typo in shortcuts
-added Kazakh language option
-added Malayalam language option
-added Oriya language option
-added Romansh language option
-added Spanish(Chile) language option
-added Spanish(Mexico) language option
-added Tamil language option
-added Tamil(Sri Lanka) language option

v0.701 - 11-14-09
-added Assamese language option
-added Croatian language option
-added Persian language option
-added Vietnamese language option
-added option for W7T addon - needs testing
-added script to create registry key when not present - "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden"
-removed popup during installation
-added option to change installer's compression level
-fixed profile creation
-fixed broken homepage links for all Firefox Versions

v0.70 - 11-12-09
-removed all translated localized files, because of significant changes
-removed Install extensions as Global, Gecko will remove this feature as of v1.9.2.0
-no longer using override.ini to disable the Migration Wizard, editing the application.ini directly
-upgraded tbind.exe to v2009.1.2.618
-removed tete's 3.0.0.x as it is no longer available
-removed "True" Addon option - I created the inf installer before I knew the possibilities of 7zsfx and vbscript
-changed silent installer from a modified inf installer to a 7-zip sfx silent installer to accomodate the use of original installer and a configuration file
-upgraded 7-zip to v4.65
-added multithreading to 7-zip operations
-updated KnownFolderID's to reflect changes made for Vista and Win7
-added the creation of compatibility.ini for disabling the compatibility wizard - does not work when going from x86 to x64 or vice versa
-added timestamping
-no longer using gsar, now using regular expressions in vbscript
-fixed pigfoot's links to get the current version, not the next to current version
-added files that are language specific
-added userChrome.js(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences
-added userChrome.css(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences
-added userContent.css(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences
-added user.js(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences
-added urlclassifier.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences
-added urlclassifier2.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences
-added urlclassifier3.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences
-added urlclassifierkey.txt(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences
-added pluginreg.dat to files watched - included with plugins
-added permissions.sqlite(Permission database for cookies) to files watched - included with cookies
-added persdict.dat(personal disctionary) to files watched - included with preferences
-added cert_override.txt(certificate exceptions) to files watched - included in passwords
-added signons.txt to files watched
-added Proper Italian translation provided by nonno fabio
-fixed overwriting newer modules with older versions
-fixed overwriting newer componentes with older versions
-fixed overwriting the new defaults plugin with an older version
-fixed removing the extensions folder from the vanilla firefox installer
-fixed copies bookmarks.html if places.sqlite exists and deletes bookmarks.html from installer
-fixed copies compreg.dat(automatically regenerated as needed)
-fixed copies search.json(automatically regenerated as needed)
-fixed copies files that create -number files
-only copies the newest version of signons(signons.sqlite, signons3.txt, signons2.txt, signons.txt) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of keys(key3.db, kf.txt) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of cookies(cookies.sqlite, cookies.txt) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of permissions(permissions.sqlite, hostperm.1) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of forms history(formhistory.sqlite, formhistory.dat) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of downloads history(downloads.sqlite, downloads.rdf) available in the profile
-only copies the newest version of search history(search.sqlite, search.rdf) available in the profile
-only copies the history.dat if places.sqlite does not exist in the current profile and has been copied

Mann41
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Mann41 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:52 pm

downloaded this new version however unable to use it cos "create installer" is grayout. :(

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:01 am

Thanks for this tool. I going to give it a go on the Thai version of FF355.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:48 am

Mann41 wrote:downloaded this new version however unable to use it cos "create installer" is grayout. :(
"Create Installer" will remain disabled until all of the requirements are met.
As stated in post above, it is not complete. I will be adding popups to let you know what else is needed.

km7mk
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 am

Post by km7mk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Great work as always Jonnyboy, but please consider updating the plugins, i.e. Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5.2.602 , QuickTime Alternative 3.0.1 and Real Alternative 2.0.1.

Thanks

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:14 pm

km7mk wrote:Great work as always Jonnyboy, but please consider updating the plugins, i.e. Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5.2.602 , QuickTime Alternative 3.0.1 and Real Alternative 2.0.1.

Thanks
I will just as soon as finish fixing the bugs that I am aware of.
Thanks

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 am

Update Posted
bugs fix(i hope)

v0.703 - 11-16-09
-added several locale id's used to determine language type
-renamed shortcuts
-added more errorchecking and validation
-added Tete's SSE2 Optimized Firefox Version
-added Pigfoot's P3 Beta Firefox Version
-added links and filenames to saved filed and can now run without downloading new links
-fixed bug with language selection that occurs only when changing language choice after updating links
-fixed links for plugins
-updated Adobe Shockwave to 11.5.2.602
-fixed bug where user selected language not being used
-fixed bug where extensions not being used
-updated OGA to 2.0.48.0
-updated QuickTime Alternative to 3.0.1
-updated Real Alternative to 2.0.1
-updated Foxit Reader to 2009.11.11
-added option for silent installer addon

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Update Posted

v0.704 - 11-16-09
-fixed bug in W7T addon not being created
-added script to properly reshack the beta Firefox versions
-disabled 'Set Proxy' until completed
-fixed bug that is evident when loading saved settings and you have unchecked 'Use Defaults'

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:31 am

Requirements
[*] Ayakawa's SSE2 and tete's 3.0.x SSE versions requires M$ Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
[*] vbscript requires M$ Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP
[*] hta requires M$ Windows Internet Explorer 6 or higher
[*] Internet Connection required when working in On-Line Mode
I believe my system(XPSP3) meets these requirements, but I must have something set up incorrectly because I cannot use the online mode.
I have a dialup connection.
I connect to the internet.
I start FirefoxAddonMaker704.
It does its thing for a while and when finished everything is grayed out except the option to use the local installation.

How does it connect to the internet?
I have given it(mshta.exe) permission through my firewall.
Does it use IE to retrieve files from the net?
Do I need to give IE access to the net also? (normally blocked on my machine, I only use FF)
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:16 am

shiner wrote:
Requirements
[*] Ayakawa's SSE2 and tete's 3.0.x SSE versions requires M$ Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
[*] vbscript requires M$ Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP
[*] hta requires M$ Windows Internet Explorer 6 or higher
[*] Internet Connection required when working in On-Line Mode
I believe my system(XPSP3) meets these requirements, but I must have something set up incorrectly because I cannot use the online mode.
I have a dialup connection.
I connect to the internet.
I start FirefoxAddonMaker704.
It does its thing for a while and when finished everything is grayed out except the option to use the local installation.

How does it connect to the internet?
I have given it(mshta.exe) permission through my firewall.
Does it use IE to retrieve files from the net?
Do I need to give IE access to the net also? (normally blocked on my machine, I only use FF)
When you first open the script, the only options available are "Use Local System" which is off-line and "Update Links" which is online. If you want to use the online, click "Update Links" and the script will download the links for all of the available versions of firefox.
Once, the script has completed downloading the links then all of the options will be available. From there, choose what you like and click on "Create Installer" and it will download the appropriate files and build your installer.

Thanks

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:54 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow morning.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm

OK, that was much easier than I expected.
I have integrated the created installer into my XP CD image and will check it out in VBox this afternoon.

Thanks Jonnyboy for creating and maintaining this wonderful tool.

I do have a small suggestion, if you don't mind.

The mouse-over text for the "Update Links" button is currently:
"Click to go online and download the current links."

A possible improvement could be:
"Click to use online mode and prepare to download the current file versions."

Just a suggestion.
Thanks again.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:51 pm

shiner wrote:
I do have a small suggestion, if you don't mind.

The mouse-over text for the "Update Links" button is currently:
"Click to go online and download the current links."

A possible improvement could be:
"Click to use online mode and prepare to download the current file versions."

Just a suggestion.
Thanks again.
Feel free to go over the rest of the tips and offer suggestions. I have intended to go through and add better and more descriptive help tips. I just haven't had the time, yet.

Thanks

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 am

I must be goofing up somehow.
I created the addon using the online mode for FF355 thai version.
I integrated it into the WinXPSP3 cd using RVMi v.1.6.1b2.1
The addon was recognized by RVMi.
This is from the integrator.ini :

[AddonPacks]
ELiTE_AddOn_PhotoScape34.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
Firefox_{Mozilla}_3.5.5_Addon.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Defraggler 1.14.159.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Revo Uninstaller 1.83.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons XnView 1.96.5.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
zzDotNetFX20SP2_20091019_Addon_ENU_xp2k3only.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2

But, FF did not get integrated into the install cd???
I checked in i386/svcpack and it's not there.

The reason I checked is because I installed the image in VBox and FF was not there. All the other addons I integrated were installed.

The entries_firefox.ini in the addon seems correct.
What I am doing wrong?
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
DaRk MaDnEsS
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Port Said,Egypt

Post by DaRk MaDnEsS » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 am

shiner wrote:I must be goofing up somehow.
I created the addon using the online mode for FF355 thai version.
I integrated it into the WinXPSP3 cd using RVMi v.1.6.1b2.1
The addon was recognized by RVMi.
This is from the integrator.ini :

[AddonPacks]
ELiTE_AddOn_PhotoScape34.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
Firefox_{Mozilla}_3.5.5_Addon.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Defraggler 1.14.159.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Revo Uninstaller 1.83.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons XnView 1.96.5.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
zzDotNetFX20SP2_20091019_Addon_ENU_xp2k3only.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2

But, FF did not get integrated into the install cd???
I checked in i386/svcpack and it's not there.

The reason I checked is because I installed the image in VBox and FF was not there. All the other addons I integrated were installed.

The entries_firefox.ini in the addon seems correct.
What I am doing wrong?
well if i wasn't mistaken the tool makes the Exe file and it would be named Setup.exe

go and check for it if not exist move it manually from the addon archive to svcpack

and Jonney don't you think that Setup.exe is a bit lame i mean you need something to give a description about the Firefox

i mean you should try something like FFX3.5 so what do you think ?

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 am

DaRk MaDnEsS wrote:
shiner wrote:I must be goofing up somehow.
I created the addon using the online mode for FF355 thai version.
I integrated it into the WinXPSP3 cd using RVMi v.1.6.1b2.1
The addon was recognized by RVMi.
This is from the integrator.ini :

[AddonPacks]
ELiTE_AddOn_PhotoScape34.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
Firefox_{Mozilla}_3.5.5_Addon.7z=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Defraggler 1.14.159.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons Revo Uninstaller 1.83.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
ProgramAddons XnView 1.96.5.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2
zzDotNetFX20SP2_20091019_Addon_ENU_xp2k3only.cab=G:\Windows CD Tools\BaseAddons_Step2

But, FF did not get integrated into the install cd???
I checked in i386/svcpack and it's not there.

The reason I checked is because I installed the image in VBox and FF was not there. All the other addons I integrated were installed.

The entries_firefox.ini in the addon seems correct.
What I am doing wrong?
well if i wasn't mistaken the tool makes the Exe file and it would be named Setup.exe

go and check for it if not exist move it manually from the addon archive to svcpack

and Jonney don't you think that Setup.exe is a bit lame i mean you need something to give a description about the Firefox

i mean you should try something like FFX3.5 so what do you think ?
Sorry, I didn't give it much thought. I'll change in next version.
Thanks

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:53 pm

DaRk MaDnEsS wrote:
well if i wasn't mistaken the tool makes the Exe file and it would be named Setup.exe

go and check for it if not exist move it manually from the addon archive to svcpack
That is correct and interesting because I didn't check for setup.exe.
I looked in svcpack again and sure enough setup.exe is there and it appears the right size but there is no info in file properties.

So why didn't it get installed? (just out of curiosity)
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
DaRk MaDnEsS
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Port Said,Egypt

Post by DaRk MaDnEsS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:45 am

shiner wrote:DaRk MaDnEsS wrote:
well if i wasn't mistaken the tool makes the Exe file and it would be named Setup.exe

go and check for it if not exist move it manually from the addon archive to svcpack
That is correct and interesting because I didn't check for setup.exe.
I looked in svcpack again and sure enough setup.exe is there and it appears the right size but there is no info in file properties.

So why didn't it get installed? (just out of curiosity)
can you install Setup.exe manually in the virtual

and see what it does and also can you extract the svcpack.in_ and see if setup.exe listed or not ?

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:23 am

can you install Setup.exe manually in the virtual

and see what it does and also can you extract the svcpack.in_ and see if setup.exe listed or not ?
Will do and post back on the results, later.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:00 am

can you install Setup.exe manually in the virtual

and see what it does and also can you extract the svcpack.in_ and see if setup.exe listed or not ?
Results in VBox as follows:

Copied setup.exe from svcpack on the mounted image to the desktop and attempted to install from there--it would NOT install, (run as Adminstrator.)

Extracted svcpack.in_ and setup.exe IS listed there, (without any arguments.)

Hope that helps Jonnyboy.
I sure would like to have this tool working.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:33 am

shiner wrote:
can you install Setup.exe manually in the virtual

and see what it does and also can you extract the svcpack.in_ and see if setup.exe listed or not ?
Results in VBox as follows:

Copied setup.exe from svcpack on the mounted image to the desktop and attempted to install from there--it would NOT install, (run as Adminstrator.)

Extracted svcpack.in_ and setup.exe IS listed there, (without any arguments.)

Hope that helps Jonnyboy.
I sure would like to have this tool working.
I just realized that 1 step was left out when creating the addon. I will fix and will be corrected in the next update. But, until then use the silent installer and if you need an addon I'll tell you how if you need it.
Thanks

***Edit***
I'll be posting the update sometime today. Just a few more things to check.

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks, I'm not in any kind of a rush.
Just trying to help.
Take your time and get it right.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Update Posted
I have added proxy settings, but I was not able to test a proxy server that requires a password. So, please test if you use proxies and let me know. I will try to fix.


v0.705 - 11-20-09
-added text highlighting
-added use proxy if necessary(needs testing)
-removed option to "view Hidden" files\foldes since it is necessary
-fixed pigfoot's beta weblink
-moved the remaining text to localized files - except drop down menus
-fixed bug that would install to the incorrect path when the current and addon paths are different
-added option to "Check for Updates"
-checking for updates is automatic when you click "Update Links" - this will add notification in the title bar
-added --referer and --user-agent to wget command to make wget not appear to be a script or robot
-added script to check the registry for installed firefox location
-added look for firefox path in the registry, to assist in populating the path
-added read profiles.ini for installed profiles and if more than 1 installed profile then a dropdown list will be created for profile selection.
-If your profile is not in the dropdown list selection, you can still choose a profile from any another location
-fixed a bug when loading saved files when some of the strings are empty
-renamed Silent Addon output file
-fixed bug where silent addon was being created incorrectly
-fixed bug with positioning the screen
-added check for update
-added script to remove Mozilla Firefox Beta shortcuts

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks Jonnyboy,

I updated to v705 and repeated my steps with the Thai version of FF355.
Tested in VBox, it is now installed and working.

Thanks again.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 am

update Jonnyboy,

I fiddled around with making a variant of my previous result. I was finally successful after a few tries.

I found the "Create Installer" button was greyed out until I checked 'Jonnyboys Defaults". Once I had checked that, I could then uncheck it and make my own choices and the "Create Installer" button would remain enabled, otherwise it was no go.

Is that right?

Also, with successive builds which should be clicked first: "Load Settings" or "Update Links"? or does it matter?

Thanks again.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

User avatar
Jonnyboy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 am

shiner wrote:update Jonnyboy,

I fiddled around with making a variant of my previous result. I was finally successful after a few tries.

I found the "Create Installer" button was greyed out until I checked 'Jonnyboys Defaults". Once I had checked that, I could then uncheck it and make my own choices and the "Create Installer" button would remain enabled, otherwise it was no go.

Is that right?

Also, with successive builds which should be clicked first: "Load Settings" or "Update Links"? or does it matter?

Thanks again.
The reason clicking "Use Defaults" enabled the "Create Installer" is because it sets all of the required settings. If you manually set the required settings, which are - installation path, installation profile, addon installation path, compression level, installer type and Firefox type(I think that is all) - then you do not need to use "Use Defaults".
I added the ability to save the links mostly for me. But, if you run the script several times a day, then "Update Links" is not necessary. The only problem with that is when one of the sites updates their files and removes the links you have saved.

User avatar
shiner
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am
Location: SE Asia

Post by shiner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks for that explanation. I think I understand now.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

km7mk
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 am

Post by km7mk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 am

I couldn't do a silent installer yet, first when I tick any box I got this message,

Image

when I manged to tick all the boxes that I need, and create an installer, it stops in the middle and show this message.

Image


by the way I'm using XP SP3 for that.


there are new versions of Quicktime 7.6.5 and Quicktime alternative 3.1.0.


Thanks and keep up the good work :)

Post Reply