For Windows XP/MCE/2k3, Last Updated 2011/6/29
- This addon will replace your Windows Media Player Component in your windows installation CD with its contents.
This version is named V3.
V1 is based on Ryan's work, i translated it into Chinese that time.
V2 is somehow similar to Onepiece's WMP11 Addon. We did the same thing that is modifying the default wmp.inf and associated files rather than Ryan & boooggy's "Install WMP9 then Install WMP10/11" method.(although we achieve file copying via different ways)
Both V1 and V2 are only in Chinese/Japanese. Now since some people need a up-to-date WMP 10 Addon, so I decide to also release V3 in English.
Here is V3. It has several points over V2:
- Compatibility with XP/MCE/2k3 in one Addon. MCE Updates included. for 2k3, M$ does not install skins but this addon does.
- Windows Media Formats, DRM Management, WUDF and other runtimes are Version 11(ripped from WMP11).
- Obsolete files are removed. They are either utility to migrate DRM stuffs or a file with several KiloBytes which is used to overwrite the old file.
- Addon structure: File Copy handling and Registry improvements
- Windows Media Player 10(Player Only) 10.0.0.3802
- Windows Media Player 11(Runtimes Only) 11.0.5721.5262
- Windows Media Connect 2
- 3 visualizations: Energy bliss, Rhythm Waves, Pic Viz II
- Hotfixes and Updates:
- KB954155 - wmspdmod.dll/11.0.5721.5263
- KB973442 - wmvdecod.dll/11.0.5721.5268
- KB974905 - wmnetmgr.dll/11.0.5721.5269
- KB975558 - mp4sdecd.dll/11.0.5721.5274
- KB978695 - wmvcore.dll/11.0.5721.5275
- KB913800 - wmplayer.exe wmploc.dll/10.0.0.3931
- KB926251 - setup_wm.exe/10.0.0.3931
- KB973540 - wmpdxm.dll/10.0.0.4074
- KB2378111 - wmp.dll/10.0.0.4081
- KB943604 - Npdsplay.dll/126.96.36.1999 Dxmasf.dll/188.8.131.523 Npdrmv2.dll Npwmsdrm.dll/184.108.40.20604
- KB970159 - Windows User-Mode Driver Framework 1.9
- nonno fabio and OnePiece Alb, without their wmp/ie7 addon i wouldn't have realized it's possible to handle file copying like this.
(although i managed to achieve it when i released V2, but my method is kinda "cheating"...)
- Ryan and boooggy, for their first-hand wmp addons. although they are old yet still good.
- Integrate this addon on a source without any other people's WMP addon.
- Known Issues:
- On Windows 2003, MTP driver is not signed, so that you should follow the wizard and click on "next" to install driver for your MTP devices.
- Version 3.4.5 - 2011/06/29
- Version 3.4.4 - 2010/10/12
- Version 3.4.3 -2010/09/14
- Version 3.4.2 -2010/09/02
Fixed an issue created in V3.4.1 that MP3 files could't get played.
- Version 3.4.1 -2010/08/12
Preserved l3codecx.ax, for it is needed in some very rare situations.
- Version 3.4.0 - 2010/07/15
Updated WMP11 Runtimes to 11.0.5721.5262, replaces KB928788, KB929399, KB929773, KB932390, KB933547, KB935551, KB935552, KB939209, KB941569, KB944882, KB952069, KB954069.
Re-worked WUDF component(which installs MTP drivers).
Minor other fixes, including an removing entry for Windows 2003, and several dummy file fixing for smaller final size.
If you also use my IE8 addon, please update it to latest too.
- Version 3.3.2 - 2010/06/09
Added KB978695, replaces KB968816.
Minor fix on shipped MP3 encoder/decoder.(l3codecp.acm)
- Version 3.3.1 -2010/01/16
- Version 3.3.0 - 2009/10/17
Fixed an issue when a non-admin user initializes first logon, error message "INF error" pops.
Excluded strmdll.dll from this addon because it causes digital signature issue.
Fixed winnt(32).exe based install issue on windows server 2003.
- Version 3.2.1 - 2009/09/10
- Version 3.2.0 - 2009/08/21
Added KB973442, replaces KB954067.
Added KB973540, replaces KB945381.
Fixed the issue of integration by nlite. Now this addon can work as expected no matter it is integrated on XP or 2003, by nlite or RVMi.
setuperr.log issue fixed by adding dll files with empty DllRegister Function.
Fixed MTP related WUDF service's installation again, to avoid conflicts.
Adding some files to [FileFlags] of txtsetup.sif to avoid failure of copying file on winnt.exe(or winnt32.exe) based install.
Removed an useless registry entry which is intended to overwrite old WMP 10 service(wudf01000).
- Version 3.1.1 - 2009/03/25
Added KB943604, which contains updated files of KB911564, KB925398 and KB954600.
Fixed an error I created during maintenance that 2k3 complains about missing files, leading to installation failure.
- Version 3.1.0 - 2009/03/15
MTP issue fixed.
Fixes an issue if integrated upon my wmp11 addon, catalogs for wmp11 not removed as expected.
- Version 3.0.2 - 2009/02/08
Changes are made to give it ability to be integrated upon my wmp11 addon.
Tweak.DelReg(removes unnecessary context menu items) not worked as expected.
Other minor fixes.
- Version 3.0.1 - 2009/02/08
Fix a typo(resulting in DRM components registration failing).
To fix this error on a live system with previous version integrated, choose "start menu" -> "run", then type "regsvr32 /s msscp.dll" and press enter. then again "start menu" -> "run", type "regsvr32 /s msnetobj.dll" then press enter.
- Version 3.0 - 2009/02/06