[Addon] Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20131008

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Post Reply
User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Im trying to figure it out myself...first I thought that u_h had KB974065 same as me and thats why the update would fail.

But looks like the update will fail anyway...so I integrated the MU update into the msi then ran the MU update normally and it seems to install fine again even with KB974065 integrated (this is how I was able to finally get my regfix)

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

wow thats really odd... I will give it a shot... THANKS

User avatar
laddanator
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: virginia

Error

Post by laddanator » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey I used the 1.0.3 version on my last complete disc and now when I try to install KB974417 from microsoft it says None of the products that this update addresses is not installed on this pc but in add or remove I can see 2.0 sp2 is installed
"I'LL BE BACK"

slyman2k4
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Error

Post by slyman2k4 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm

laddanator wrote:Hey I used the 1.0.3 version on my last complete disc and now when I try to install KB974417 from microsoft it says None of the products that this update addresses is not installed on this pc but in add or remove I can see 2.0 sp2 is installed
Getting the same now too following the update on wednesday.

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm not having any luck at all but I will try the Beta and report back... thanks :!:

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm

compstuff wrote:I'm not having any luck at all but I will try the Beta and report back... thanks :!:

some weirdness deffinately.

1.05 is fine but it seems MU still nags for KB974417.
although it is integrated into the main msi installer.
probably the same issue when we had to supress KB951847.

i am installing dotnet fully via MU and will check and see where the diff is.
i had to do the test on an old PIII800 so 3 hours later dotnet is still installing....holy cow !

issue will be found and solved.

User avatar
jamesbebby
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 am

Post by jamesbebby » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 am

hi, does it work with Win7?
cheers james

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 am

Ummm NO!

Win7 has .net in it.

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:02 pm

HI :)

Is the Update KB971276 also v3 ?

Mann41
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Mann41 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 am

Please can any kind soul provide an alternative download link,Thanks :)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am

Outbreaker wrote:HI :)

Is the Update KB971276 also v3 ?

yes

Requi3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Requi3m » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 pm

When I use your addon with driverpacks.net base I get some unexpected behavior. After windows installs and boots up for the first time I usually get the driverpacks.net finisher. Instead I see your installer. I never saw the finisher run. While your installer is running it says "Windows is now setting up the following items: Driverpacks.net finisher." This goes away when your installer finishes. I used method 2 for the finisher which uses runonceex. I'm sure I could fix this by using method 1 but then I won't get progress indicators and I like those.

Any suggestions?

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

That's because this addon is conflicting with the DriverPacks ROE entry in cmdlines.txt.
Open your %source%\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt and %source%\I386\svcpack\add-NET-runonce.bat and compare the entries.
cmdlines.txt
"ROE.exe 100"

add-NET-runonce.bat
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE /D "Installing .NET All-In-One" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "%PP%\dotNet35SP1_1.03.exe -ai1" /f

Change the duplicate number (I used 100 as an example) in cmdlines.txt to a higher number (less than 999) than the .NET addon.
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

Requi3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Requi3m » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:That's because this addon is conflicting with the DriverPacks ROE entry in cmdlines.txt.
Open your %source%\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt and %source%\I386\svcpack\add-NET-runonce.bat and compare the entries.
cmdlines.txt
"ROE.exe 100"

add-NET-runonce.bat
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE /D "Installing .NET All-In-One" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "%PP%\dotNet35SP1_1.03.exe -ai1" /f

Change the duplicate number (I used 100 as an example) in cmdlines.txt to a higher number (less than 999) than the .NET addon.
Thanks I'll do that!

One more thing I noticed: You can't uninstall the framework. Is this intentional? Can updates still be applied without the installation source?

Requi3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Requi3m » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 pm

I didn't see that batch file in the svcpack folder. I think I'm just going to switch driverpacks back to GUIRunOnce and call it good.

User avatar
DaRk MaDnEsS
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Port Said,Egypt

Post by DaRk MaDnEsS » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Requi3m wrote:I didn't see that batch file in the svcpack folder. I think I'm just going to switch driverpacks back to GUIRunOnce and call it good.
well if you extract the 7zip config

you should be seeing that

but i think it's not recommended so the safe change the driver pack installer from 100 to something like 101 or 235 it would be hard to conflict then

Requi3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Requi3m » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm

DaRk MaDnEsS wrote:
Requi3m wrote:I didn't see that batch file in the svcpack folder. I think I'm just going to switch driverpacks back to GUIRunOnce and call it good.
well if you extract the 7zip config

you should be seeing that

but i think it's not recommended so the safe change the driver pack installer from 100 to something like 101 or 235 it would be hard to conflict then
the driverpacks one was set to 937. I doubt there was a conflict.

I think I'm just going to use somebody else's .NET installer until user_hidden responds about the uninstallation thing. I already got owned by the last round of updates and I don't need it happening again. I couldn't apply the update, and I couldn't uninstall the framework to fix it either.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Requi3m wrote:I think I'm just going to use somebody else's .NET installer until user_hidden responds about the uninstallation thing. I already got owned by the last round of updates and I don't need it happening again. I couldn't apply the update, and I couldn't uninstall the framework to fix it either.

if you look at the first post of this thread at the end there are links i posted to some utilities by Aaron Stebner.

the first link is a .Net Cleanup Tool. to uinstall the .Net package use the tool
by uninstalling in this order: dotNet2.0SP2 > dotNet30SP2 > dotNet35SP1

i have tested the above MANY times.

User avatar
dumpydooby
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:09 am

Post by dumpydooby » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 pm

u_h, RS uses ROE 010 to install the frameworks. I don't know if you care about following his lead or not, but that's what the ScriptPack looks for.

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:02 am

My example of "100" was just an example. I run my .NET installer early in the ROE stages (like dumpydooby suggests) and DriverPacks are almost last "987" with my cleanup script dead-last at "999".
My point was that you need to be aware of how your addons are getting installed and in what order.
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

User avatar
galileo
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Post by galileo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:54 pm

user_hidden wrote:some weirdness deffinately.

1.05 is fine but it seems MU still nags for KB974417.
although it is integrated into the main msi installer.
probably the same issue when we had to supress KB951847.

i am installing dotnet fully via MU and will check and see where the diff is.
i had to do the test on an old PIII800 so 3 hours later dotnet is still installing....holy cow !

issue will be found and solved.
@user_hidden:

Have you had any time to follow up on the KB974417 issue - I have seen this arise as well - (LOL...like any of us have any time at all... :shock:...)

Thanks!

galileo

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 pm

galileo wrote:
@user_hidden:

Have you had any time to follow up on the KB974417 issue - I have seen this arise as well - (LOL...like any of us have any time at all... :shock:...)

Thanks!

galileo
yup v1.06 in 1st post fixes KB974417 nag

if you used 1.05 and want the nag to go away just import the reg below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3\Patches\9E0DE89293FE9BB33898F24ED18CCF08]
"MSI3"=dword:00000001
"State"=dword:00000001
"LUAEnabled"=dword:00000000
"PatchType"=dword:00000000
"DisplayName"="KB974417"
"MoreInfoURL"="http://www.microsoft.com/"

User avatar
galileo
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Post by galileo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 pm

user_hidden wrote:yup v1.06 in 1st post fixes KB974417 nag

if you used 1.05 and want the nag to go away just import the reg below:
Will do....Thanks!

galileo

Requi3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Requi3m » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

user_hidden wrote:
Requi3m wrote:I think I'm just going to use somebody else's .NET installer until user_hidden responds about the uninstallation thing. I already got owned by the last round of updates and I don't need it happening again. I couldn't apply the update, and I couldn't uninstall the framework to fix it either.

if you look at the first post of this thread at the end there are links i posted to some utilities by Aaron Stebner.

the first link is a .Net Cleanup Tool. to uinstall the .Net package use the tool
by uninstalling in this order: dotNet2.0SP2 > dotNet30SP2 > dotNet35SP1

i have tested the above MANY times.
I saw that I was just wondering if it was supposed to have the installer files or not. Why didn't the updates apply correctly and will they in the future?

User avatar
laddanator
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: virginia

Later updates

Post by laddanator » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:33 am

I really like this pack but my question is will this 1.0.6 effect future releases of the updated what I mean is every time a new framework update comes out I try to install it through WU and says the update does not apply because framewrok is not installed and I dont want to reload PC every time a new netframe work update comes out. Thanks for the addon just wondering.
"I'LL BE BACK"

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

@ Requi3m & laddanator

version 1.07 will address your concerns.

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Thats really great news user_hidden... your previous pack has been a basic requirement in all my CD's... thanks for all your work :!:

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 pm

compstuff wrote:Thats really great news user_hidden... your previous pack has been a basic requirement in all my CD's... thanks for all your work :!:
i'll post the new version in the morning.

i will also post a link in the 1st post to an EXE i made that will try and fix
versions pre 1.07 to enable the Uninstall via Add/Remove Programs.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:33 pm

updated 1.07 20091020 ....

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:51 pm

I will try both as soon as I can and report back.. THANKS

User avatar
laddanator
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: virginia

Future Updates

Post by laddanator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Will 1.0.7 allow future updates to install through MU and for kicks I am going to load this to virtual machine to see if KB974417 will reconize 2.0 SP2 being installed. Thanks for the release
"I'LL BE BACK"

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I just tried both in a VPC where I uninstalled all DOTNET and then installed 1.07 then checked MU... all seemed to work great. I will try a real system shortly

User avatar
laddanator
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: virginia

Good

Post by laddanator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:20 pm

I just tried both in a VPC where I uninstalled all DOTNET and then installed 1.07 then checked MU... all seemed to work great. I will try a real system shortly
Good deal glad to hear it I really like this pack
"I'LL BE BACK"

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Re: Future Updates

Post by user_hidden » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:33 pm

laddanator wrote:Will 1.0.7 allow future updates to install through MU and for kicks I am going to load this to virtual machine to see if KB974417 will reconize 2.0 SP2 being installed. Thanks for the release
YES even though KB974417 is integrated you can always install it again over itself. i tested after installing the full .net, i then downloaded KB974417 and ran the exe and it did the install and did recognize dotnet2 was there.

as for MU it works now but one can never forcast what snafus MS may serve up.

interested as well to know if the util i posted gave you access to uninstall the dotnet that you were locked out of before.

User avatar
Stefhan
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Groningen (NL)

Post by Stefhan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 am

Just made an NL version of your 1.07, and everything seems to works alright.

Almost 8 MB smaller then the 1.03, very nice work! :D

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 am

if you get nagged by MU/WU for KB961118 and/or KB971314 use my Post-SP3 update pack
or one that does include them. XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 (user_hidden)
Tested the pack again on real hardware and it ran just great... one question:
I install KB971314 via runonceex at the end of my install but when I do a MU it shows KB961118 is needed. Is there any other way around this besides changing over to a different update pack OR using a 2nd step of nLite to slipstream it? THANKS

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

compstuff wrote:
if you get nagged by MU/WU for KB961118 and/or KB971314 use my Post-SP3 update pack
or one that does include them. XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 (user_hidden)
Tested the pack again on real hardware and it ran just great... one question:
I install KB971314 via runonceex at the end of my install but when I do a MU it shows KB961118 is needed. Is there any other way around this besides changing over to a different update pack OR using a 2nd step of nLite to slipstream it? THANKS
you need both updates to supress MU.
my postSP3 update pack has both updates included.
if you don't want to use my update pack than nlite to run both at ROE would be your choice.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

Stefhan wrote:Just made an NL version of your 1.07, and everything seems to works alright.

Almost 8 MB smaller then the 1.03, very nice work! :D

it took some time to track down why some issues were happening but persistance paid off.

glad that you have chosen this release for your NL version.

yumeyao
Moderator
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:24 pm
Location: Taiyuan, Shanxi, PR China

Post by yumeyao » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:36 am

user_hidden wrote:
compstuff wrote:
if you get nagged by MU/WU for KB961118 and/or KB971314 use my Post-SP3 update pack
or one that does include them. XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 (user_hidden)
Tested the pack again on real hardware and it ran just great... one question:
I install KB971314 via runonceex at the end of my install but when I do a MU it shows KB961118 is needed. Is there any other way around this besides changing over to a different update pack OR using a 2nd step of nLite to slipstream it? THANKS
you need both updates to supress MU.
my postSP3 update pack has both updates included.
if you don't want to use my update pack than nlite to run both at ROE would be your choice.
at least my update pack only includes KB971314 and it works well. don't know why you still need kb961118.
Image
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

imer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by imer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 am

I've got this error messages while integrating with nlite/RVMI

any suggestions???

Image

Image

User avatar
Stefhan
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Groningen (NL)

Post by Stefhan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 am

@imer

You probably integrated the 'switchless' installer (dotNet35SP1_1.07.exe) as a svcpack addon.

You should download/use the Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.07

imer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by imer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 am

@Stefhan

here's my RVMI log..

Code: Select all

2009-11-02_19.12.01
Log Startup @ 19:12:01 local time, on November 02, 2009.

Running OS: WIN_VISTA  X86
RVMIntegrator v1.6

"D:\RVMI\RVM_Integrator_1.6.exe" 

19:12:14  - English - Windows XP Professional x86 - Corporate SP3 Found
19:13:21  - 
19:13:21  - Source Drive         = D:\GRTMPVOL_EN
19:13:21  - Destination Drive    = D:\GRTMPVOL_EN
19:13:21  - Destination Size     = 43.71 GB
19:13:21  - Working Directory    = D:\GRTMPVOL_EN\I386
19:13:21  - Temp Directory       = D:\GRTMPVOL_EN\I386\rvmtemp
19:13:21  - 
19:13:21  - Starting Integration
19:13:21  - 
19:13:21  - Checking Destination For OS Type.
19:13:21  - English - Windows XP Professional x86 - Corporate SP3 Found
19:13:21  - 
19:13:21  - Extracting Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.07.7z
19:13:27  -     MD5 Hash = fae4093a26b45d29c33ae18a49027d3d
19:13:27  - Clearing any Read Only Attributes.
19:13:27  - 
19:13:27  - Gathering temp files
19:13:27  - Shifting Stuff Around
19:13:27  - 3  Files Moved in 0 Seconds
19:13:27  - Analyzing 1 Entry Files
19:13:27  - Processing Microsoft dotNet Family Framework 3.5 SP1 v3.5.30729.1-1.07 (-ai1 -> passive)   Build Date: 10/20/2009
19:13:27  -     Gathering Sysoc Entries
19:13:27  -     Gathering Dosnet.inf [Files] Entries
19:13:27  -     Gathering txtsetup.sif [SourceDisksFiles] and [WinntDirectories] Entries
19:13:28  - 
19:13:28  - Preparing System Files...
19:13:28  -   sysoc.inf
19:13:28  -   svcpack.inf
19:13:28  -   dosnet.inf
19:13:28  -   txtsetup.sif
19:13:29  - 
19:13:29  - Processing Sysoc.inf
19:13:29  -     Adding Components
19:13:29  - Processing svcpack.inf
19:13:29  - Processing dosnet.inf
19:13:29  -     Editing [Files]
19:13:30  - Processing txtsetup.sif
19:13:30  -     Editing [SourceDisksFiles]
19:13:33  - 
19:13:34  -       Compressing Files ASMS...
19:13:41  - 
19:13:41  - 
19:13:41  - Entire .ini Processing Completed in 13 Seconds
19:13:41  - 
19:13:41  - Compressing and Moving Edited Files
19:13:41  - 
19:13:41  - Optimizing System Files.
19:13:42  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [Files]
19:13:44  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [Files]
19:13:45  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.0]
19:13:46  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.0]
19:13:47  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.1]
19:13:48  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.1]
19:13:49  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.2]
19:13:49  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.2]
19:13:50  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.3]
19:13:51  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.3]
19:13:52  -   Combining dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.x]
19:13:53  -   Optimizing dosnet.inf - [FloppyFiles.x]
19:13:54  -   Combining txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles]
19:13:55  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles]
19:13:57  -   Combining txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.ia64]
19:13:57  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.ia64]
19:13:58  -   Combining txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
19:13:58  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
19:13:59  -   Combining txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.x86]
19:14:00  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [SourceDisksFiles.x86]
19:14:01  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [WinntDirectories]
19:14:01  -   Optimizing txtsetup.sif - [FileFlags]
19:14:02  - 
19:14:02  -   Scanning I386 for other files to compress...
19:14:32  -       Compressing Files I386...
19:14:57  - Optimizing System Files Finished In: 75 Seconds.
19:14:57  - 
19:14:57  - Cleaning Up.
19:14:58  - Integration Completed.
19:14:58  - Total Integration Time = 96 Seconds
19:14:58  - ==================================================================================
19:14:58  - 

Log Shutdown @ 2009-11-02 19:15:55 local time.

cosy
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by cosy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am

@imer
I have used this Addon 10 times + and I never got any problems with it
It is quite surprising you get all these errors
Que:- are you doing this on a fresh CD-integration?

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:02 pm

imer wrote:I've got this error messages while integrating with nlite/RVMI

any suggestions???
make sure your source is untouched original and not a preintegrated one.

imer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by imer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

this is my steps when integrating... please CMIIW :

- fresh image untouched winxp sp3 corporate
- using nlite, integrating xable updatepack, onepiece IE8 + WM11
- using RVMI integrating NET framework 3.5
- integrating driverpacks
- using RVMI to create ISO

tried to integrating driverpacks first then NET framework getting same error

BUT, it seems NET framework installation is OK...

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 pm

imer wrote:this is my steps when integrating... please CMIIW :

- fresh image untouched winxp sp3 corporate
- using nlite, integrating xable updatepack, onepiece IE8 + WM11
- using RVMI integrating NET framework 3.5
- integrating driverpacks
- using RVMI to create ISO

tried to integrating driverpacks first then NET framework getting same error

BUT, it seems NET framework installation is OK...
driver pack MUST be installed LAST this may be part of your issue
as it maybe conflicting with the ROE of the .net

mr. smatepants is the man for driver packs so if he sees this he can
explain more.

User avatar
dareckibmw
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Post by dareckibmw » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I used Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.07 with your XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.1.1_20091014 , no errors, nothing on MU site.

I wish it could be a silence install same as Stimpy's :rolleyes:

Thanks again ;)
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 am

imer wrote:this is my steps when integrating... please CMIIW :

- fresh image untouched winxp sp3 corporate
- using nlite, integrating xable updatepack, onepiece IE8 + WM11
- using RVMI integrating NET framework 3.5
- integrating driverpacks
- using RVMI to create ISO
I'm confused by your post, are you saying that by using the above steps, in that order, works? Or not?
It's possible that Xable's updatepack is missing/modifying something that .NET is relying on. Try User_Hidden's updatepack.

Driverpacks should always be integrated last and here's why:
- Driverpacks BASE will backup core source files before modification (dosnet.inf, txtsetup.sif, winnt.sif, setup.exe, etc.)
- Driverpacks BASE will then modify those files to support the extraction/installation during XP setup (extraction before T-39, installation between T-37 & T-33.)
- If you decide to remove Driverpacks from your source, simply re-run BASE and uncheck all Driverpacks at the selection page. BASE will then clean up after itself and restore the backed-up core files to their original state.
If you integrate an addon AFTER Driverpacks, you run the risk of corrupting your source if you later remove Driverpacks.
That's why Driverpacks are last.
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

User avatar
Pasha_ZZZ
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 am
Location: Russia, Slobodskoy

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:21 am

mr_smartepants wrote:Driverpacks should always be integrated last
But there is my situation (I dont need driver pack removal):
1) all the integrations & removals
2) DP_BASE
3) clean up source from *.org files
4) integrate dummy (empty) addon or something harmless (for me its ENU_User BVProSvcDesc) via RVMi & Optimize system files = On
5) integrate ENU_User SpeedUp post DPMS with Optimize system files = Off

imer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by imer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 am

ok thanks.... I'll try using other updatepacks... :)

Post Reply