[Addon] Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20131008

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Post Reply
User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 am

maddog wrote:The version 0621 gets incredible increase of size at Windows\Assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32. There are 100+ MB in last version, but 180+ MB now.
Why?
sorry but i do not see that in the installer nor on my system ?

the installer grew approx 300kb from v1.10 to 20100621.
i do not see any increase of 80MB.

maddog
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by maddog » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 pm

user_hidden wrote:
maddog wrote:The version 0621 gets incredible increase of size at Windows\Assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32. There are 100+ MB in last version, but 180+ MB now.
Why?
sorry but i do not see that in the installer nor on my system ?

the installer grew approx 300kb from v1.10 to 20100621.
i do not see any increase of 80MB.
I do NOT mean the installer, but the size of system file after installation.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 am

maddog wrote:I do NOT mean the installer, but the size of system file after installation.
i do not have "Windows\Assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32" on my live systems !

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 am

That's interesting because I have the same directory (about 250MB) after integration with the following:

XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.3.2_20100619.7z

Addon_DirectX32_9.0c_Runtimes_201006.7z
Kels_Runtimes_addon_v6.8.rar
MassStorageAddons_IaStor_8.9.2.1002.7z
RogueSpearAddonsM2-XPSP3-NoKtD_8.09.7z
YumeYao_IE8_Addon_Nosetuperr_ENU_1_3_9.7z
YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_V3_3_3.7z

dotNet35SP1_1.10.exe
Flash_AiO_slim10_1_53_64.exe
java6u20.exe
Silv4u50524.exe

Al

maddog
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by maddog » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:28 am

user_hidden wrote:
maddog wrote:I do NOT mean the installer, but the size of system file after installation.
i do not have "Windows\Assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32" on my live systems !
That directory is hidden by default. You can find it with Command-Prompt or turn on the switch in folder option

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 am

updated links in first post to Aaron Stebner's tools.

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 am

user_hidden wrote:
i do not have "Windows\Assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32" on my live systems !
So what's the deal with this directory? Are the native images needed or not?

I read something about ngen uninstall, but what's the impact?

Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

updated 20100810 ....

20SP2 -> added KB983583

lynloz_83
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm
Location: Philippines

Post by lynloz_83 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:40 am

Thank you...

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Updated 20100830 ....

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:15 am

If I recall correctly, the last .Net release for this was named:

dotNet35SP1_20100810.exe and I thought you were going to stick with that convention. Now you are back to dotNet35SP1.exe

I liked the first naming convention better because it is easier to keep the versions apart. Yes, I can rename it myself. :) Just curious why you went back to the old naming convention.

Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:02 am

adric wrote:If I recall correctly, the last .Net release for this was named:

dotNet35SP1_20100810.exe and I thought you were going to stick with that convention. Now you are back to dotNet35SP1.exe

I liked the first naming convention better because it is easier to keep the versions apart. Yes, I can rename it myself. :) Just curious why you went back to the old naming convention.

Al
lack of sleep on my part :P

i'll go back next release

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20100830

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:40 pm

user_hidden wrote:Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 SP1 FULL - 20100830

Other Updates
KB951847 = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Service Pack 1
I just did a test install with this and I'm getting prompted to install kb951847.
I used the 20100830 build at ROE with the -ai1 switch.
File: dotNet35SP1.exe
CRC-32: eac8eefa
MD4: 9c54c057ac44efa6d86199b6e7b78809
MD5: 75c38aa7b12b2931318ae676864454e3
SHA-1: 37a0ce598825533b2f9dc3db6b717ed614032c35
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20100830

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:40 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:I just did a test install with this and I'm getting prompted to install kb951847.
I used the 20100830 build at ROE with the -ai1 switch.
File: dotNet35SP1.exe
CRC-32: eac8eefa
MD4: 9c54c057ac44efa6d86199b6e7b78809
MD5: 75c38aa7b12b2931318ae676864454e3
SHA-1: 37a0ce598825533b2f9dc3db6b717ed614032c35
i just did a test on a VM (see below for what was included) where both Automatic Update and Microsoft Update both are clean with no prompt of dotNet updates being pushed.

MU will prompt for OPTIONAL software:
Internet Explorer 8
.Net 4 Client Profile
.Net 4 Extended
Powershell 2.0 / WinRM 2.0
Windows Serach 4
WMP11
Windows Live Essentials

perhaps during your setup the muregfix.reg was not applied in the sfx.

my test integration was as follows:

Source File: GRTMPOEM_EN.iso (XP-SP3 OEM)
CRC-32: ffffffff
MD4: b25a825238884f13b297474d7767c52c
MD5: 9bb3cb003e2c6005fccc28c305be05ff
SHA-1: dda4ac450b2174cac6c15295711330160c237418

UpdatePack=C:\RVM\XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.3.9_20100825.7z

Addon_7zip_9.15.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_CmdOpen_2.0.3.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_DirectX32_9.0c_Redxii_For_Managed_Code_1.1.0.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_DirectX32_9.0c_Runtimes_201006.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_Kels_Runtimes_v6.8.2.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_Microsoft.Net_11SP1_20100830.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_20100830.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_Microsoft_Silverlight_4.0.50524.0.7z=C:\RVM
Addon_RegTweaks_Utilities_1.65.7z=C:\RVM

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 am

I use the exact same source, but with my oemscan addon, on real hardware. Different addon loadout though. The last test I got the MU popup in the bottom right corner tray notification area for the download. It was the only one listed.
I'll do another test.
BTW, I like the .inf method. I still prefer to use cmdlines.txt to add a .cmd file which doesn't muck about with sysoc, dosnet or txtsetup files.
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 am

You were right. It must have been something I did different. Now the update isn't listed anymore.
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am

mr_smartepants wrote:You were right. It must have been something I did different. Now the update isn't listed anymore.
:wink:

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I noticed that AutoPatcher is showing KB976569 - "Description of the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 forward compatibility update for Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003" as not installed with the latest switchless release.

Was this KB replaced by another or is it not included in the Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20100830?

Thanks, Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:34 pm

adric wrote:I noticed that AutoPatcher is showing KB976569 - "Description of the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 forward compatibility update for Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003" as not installed with the latest switchless release.

Was this KB replaced by another or is it not included in the Microsoft .NET Framework Family 3.5 SP1 - 20100830?

Thanks, Al
it does NOT show up nagging from MU after a clean install.
KB976569 was replaced by KB983583 which is in the installer.
perhaps a conflict with another addon?

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:18 am

Not a problem with MU. I ran a cross check with Autopatcher which in a sense is an offline repository for XP fixes among other things and the KB i mentioned was being flagged as not installed. It looks like the AP group missed that this KB was replaced by another. I should have researched further, but I always have a hard time determining KB replacements and figured you would come to the rescue :D

Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 am

adric wrote:Not a problem with MU. I ran a cross check with Autopatcher which in a sense is an offline repository for XP fixes among other things and the KB i mentioned was being flagged as not installed. It looks like the AP group missed that this KB was replaced by another. I should have researched further, but I always have a hard time determining KB replacements and figured you would come to the rescue :D

Al
keep up the good work i need users like you to keep me on my toes 8)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:49 pm

update is comming just having an issue with MU prompting for KB2416473 still after integration.
don't know if it is me or MS .... ??

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 am

updated 20101001 ....

20SP2 -> added KB2418241
35SP1 -> added KB2416473

pegasus
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:48 am

Post by pegasus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Can anybody provide a mirror? thanks

blackbird
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: IRAN

Post by blackbird » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:08 am


pegasus
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:48 am

Post by pegasus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks blackbird for the mirror!

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

There is a new update out KB2446704 hop you still update your addon. :)

newsposter
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:31 am

Post by newsposter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Outbreaker wrote:There is a new update out KB2446704 hop you still update your addon. :)
Is there anyone you're not going to hassle about this?

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 am

I wanted only to make sure if there are still people doing Windows .NET addons don't mean to rush people.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 am

updated 20110412 ....

User avatar
=[FEAR]=JIGSAW
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Will there be updates of your .net framework "true-addons" as well ?

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:32 am

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:Will there be updates of your .net framework "true-addons" as well ?
i don't make dotNet "true addons".
Onepiece releases those type and have been updated April 15, 2011.

User avatar
=[FEAR]=JIGSAW
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:06 am

user_hidden wrote:
=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:Will there be updates of your .net framework "true-addons" as well ?
i don't make dotNet "true addons".
Onepiece releases those type and have been updated April 15, 2011.
Sry u_h ... that Q was actually for Onepiece .... suppose I should have used a different topic to ask the question. ;)

But Thx, I now notice the updates. :)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am

updated 20110614 ....

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 am

user_hidden wrote:updated 20110614 ....
Do KB2518864 and KB2478658 replace any previous KBs ?

I assume only KB2446704 was replaced, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:48 am

adric wrote:
user_hidden wrote:updated 20110614 ....
Do KB2518864 and KB2478658 replace any previous KBs ?

I assume only KB2446704 was replaced, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Al
KB2518864 replaced KB2446704 from dotNet 2.0SP2

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 am

Anyone know why WU does not show any June updates for .NET?

I usually wait for WU telling me what updates are available before using an updated switchless installer or an Addon to cross-check with WU later after rebuilding my system with all the new updates from Patch Tuesday.

On Win7, WU doesn't list any June updates for .NET nor VC++ which are installed there.

Al

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 am

The dotNET fixes are finally being offered by WU on my XP system after allowing the other June XP fixes to install.
Took a few days though to appear. Haven't checked Win7 yet. Time for an XP rebuild.

Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 pm

adric wrote:The dotNET fixes are finally being offered by WU on my XP system after allowing the other June XP fixes to install.
Took a few days though to appear. Haven't checked Win7 yet. Time for an XP rebuild.

Al
maybe they are playing with you :lol:

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 pm

testing latest build .....

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 pm

updated 20110809 ....

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm

updated 20111011 ....

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Microsoft has relesed new .NET Framwork updates but if i install this then on every computer restart i get promoted to install the KB951847 update.
Last edited by Outbreaker on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 am

Outbreaker,

nothing wrong with the installer, rather it is Microsoft once again not producing a quality release for XP.
seems after the new updates are installed the registry entries of the old are removed!

what you can do is unpack the installer or just right click on it with 7zip and OPEN the exe.
extract the MUREGFIX.reg and apply it to the system. reboot and everything will be fine.

same goes for anyone with the issue.

i will release a new installer for all the dotNet's over the weekend.

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 am

There's some out-of-band stuff that was released yesterday for .NET
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu ... n/ms11-100

KB2656352 .NET-S 2.0 SP2 MS11-100 replaced KB2418241, KB982167
KB2657424 .NET-S 3.5 SP1 MS11-100 replaced KB2416473
KB2656351 .NET-S 4.0 MS11-100 replaced KB2416472

Al

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:21 pm

adric wrote:There's some out-of-band stuff that was released yesterday for .NET
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu ... n/ms11-100

KB2656352 .NET-S 2.0 SP2 MS11-100 replaced KB2418241, KB982167
KB2657424 .NET-S 3.5 SP1 MS11-100 replaced KB2416473
KB2656351 .NET-S 4.0 MS11-100 replaced KB2416472

Al
i'll release over the weekend.
too much happenning....

Kurt_Aust
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by Kurt_Aust » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:46 pm

user_hidden wrote:Outbreaker,

nothing wrong with the installer, rather it is Microsoft once again not producing a quality release for XP.
seems after the new updates are installed the registry entries of the old are removed!

what you can do is unpack the installer or just right click on it with 7zip and OPEN the exe.
extract the MUREGFIX.reg and apply it to the system. reboot and everything will be fine.

same goes for anyone with the issue.

i will release a new installer for all the dotNet's over the weekend.
Interestingly there is no such problem with the 64-bit version, usually if there's going to be a problem it's XP x64 that gets the short end of the stick.

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 pm

@user_hidden
THX for the reg fix saves a lot of time but is there any way to fix this in the update pack from happening again in the future?
I have around 15 computer where i installed .NET Framwork manulay about 5 months ago and i did not have this problem.

@Kurt_Aust
I use the 32-bit version.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 pm

@Outbreaker,

Are you saying that on the computers where you installed .NET manually, when you updated them with the latest updates that you did NOT get prompted to install the KB951847 update? But on the computers that you had installed .NET using user_hidden's .NET update pack, when you updated them with the latest updates that you DID get prompted to install the KB951847 update? Everything else you can conceivably think of about the computers were the same? If that is true, I wonder what's different that causes the registry entries of the old updates to be removed on the update pack PC's but not on the manual PC's? Curious.

Cheers and Regards
Last edited by bphlpt on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Yep that's what i try to say. :-) The computer without the .NET update pack where updated with out a problem but the computer with the .NET update pack are repeatedly installing the KB951847 at every computer restart.
Last edited by Outbreaker on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply