[REQUEST] Intel S-ATA AHCI / Raid TXTMODE Drivers Addon

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
ahmerkhan

[REQUEST] Intel S-ATA AHCI / Raid TXTMODE Drivers Addon

Post by ahmerkhan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Have a look at this thread.
http://www.msfn.org/board/integration-i ... 07504.html

This method requires to Run Nlite to integrate Intel S-ATA ACHI/RAID drivers. If someone can create an addon for it please.
So the Integration process will be finished via integrator only.

Please don't comment to Use Drivers Pack for this purpose. There are plenty of ways to perform certain things, As we are on RYANVM's Forum so we only knows how to do things with RYANVM'S Integrator. :wink:

Thanks in Advance

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:09 pm

I had asked that question at Driver Packs, see: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=4029 and they never did post a solution.

I am now running with AHCI in the BIOS selected but it was after running the nLIte procedure to get there.

I am also one that would like to see a RyanVM solution.

adric

Post by adric » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Download the following:

RogueSpearAddonsM2-XPSP3-NoKtD_8.09.7z
MassStorageAddons_IaStor_8.5.0.1032.7z

from
http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/foru ... .php?t=339

Use RVMi to integrate and you should be good to go.

Al

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

adric is right, RogueSpear created those addons specifically to do what DriverPacks do, but differently.
If you don't want to use DriverPacks, his addons are the best alternative.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 am

It won't do RAID however...

vmanda

Post by vmanda » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:31 pm

@RogueSpear - tested both yours mass storage addons using nLite
and i have encountered the following error:
After integration, Txtsetup.sif, [SCSI.LOAD] section entries are missing.
Then just looking into Txtsetup.sif, i have seen that nlite use a little bit different
section name: [SCSI.Load]
All the rest dosnet.inf and Txtsetup.sif entries are correctly added.
Seem that nLite is something "case sensitive", not known shure, just presuming.
Replacing SCSI.LOAD with SCSI.Load in entries_xxxx.ini file from both yours addons solved the issue.

I have posted just to warn another nLite users about issue.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm

adric wrote:Download the following:

RogueSpearAddonsM2-XPSP3-NoKtD_8.09.7z
MassStorageAddons_IaStor_8.5.0.1032.7z

from
http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/foru ... .php?t=339

Use RVMi to integrate and you should be good to go.

Al
Adric,

Thanks for the info - addons downloaded from Rogue Spear's forum and comments made to myself on procedures also posted there - will use these addons next time I use RyanVMi to make a new/updated XP Pro CD.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Intel Matrix Storage Manager (Intel_MSM) has been replaced by Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel_RST) - information I just happened to run across yesterday 30Jan10.

Go here for instruction on integrating Intel's SATA AHCI: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=107504 which led me to check things out;

and here: http://www.station-drivers.com/ for the drivers - listed under Intel.

I asked at Rogue Spear if this new information requires an update to RogueSpear's IaStor MassStorage Addon V8.5.0.1032 - which was last updated on 20081011.

Question: if the AHCI drivers are incorporated into the XP CD does this mean the user could boot from it and the drivers installed by XP would be either IDE or AHCI - depending on the BIOS selection? Anyone know?

So, things have changed a bit and I'll post any more info on this subjetc I may find.

Hope this helps. :D

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:50 am

Bear in mind that RogueSpear's IaStor and VIA VRAID addons cannot be used simultaneously unless you build a custom MassStorage DriverPack. The reason is because IaStor cannot be used in conjunction with MassStorage DriverPacks, whereas VIA VRAID must be used in conjuction with it.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 pm

dumpydooby wrote:Bear in mind that RogueSpear's IaStor and VIA VRAID addons cannot be used simultaneously unless you build a custom MassStorage DriverPack. The reason is because IaStor cannot be used in conjunction with MassStorage DriverPacks, whereas VIA VRAID must be used in conjuction with it.
RogueSpear has answered and said his IAStor addon is not going to be updated. Also, I was aware of not using DriverPacks MassStorgae with it.

The folks at DriverPacks have not resolved the issue as no drivers are available directly from Intel and there may be issues with a Mass Storage driver pack and AHCI/IDE in one driver pack as the HWIDS is different depending on what is selected in the BIOS.

sonicwaves

Post by sonicwaves » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:
dumpydooby wrote:Bear in mind that RogueSpear's IaStor and VIA VRAID addons cannot be used simultaneously unless you build a custom MassStorage DriverPack. The reason is because IaStor cannot be used in conjunction with MassStorage DriverPacks, whereas VIA VRAID must be used in conjuction with it.
RogueSpear has answered and said his IAStor addon is not going to be updated. Also, I was aware of not using DriverPacks MassStorgae with it.

The folks at DriverPacks have not resolved the issue as no drivers are available directly from Intel and there may be issues with a Mass Storage driver pack and AHCI/IDE in one driver pack as the HWIDS is different depending on what is selected in the BIOS.
I have two questions. Pardon my rusty brain and clueless questions.

1. Do regular laptops need a RAID mode to detect the newer harddrives?

2. Currently, is there no way to integrate the latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (RST) packages with the RVM integrator? I know that using nLite is not really supported in the RyanVM method of integration.

It would be awesome if someone could post a clarification. Thanks!

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:11 pm

sonicwaves wrote: I have two questions. Pardon my rusty brain and clueless questions.

1. Do regular laptops need a RAID mode to detect the newer harddrives?

2. Currently, is there no way to integrate the latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (RST) packages with the RVM integrator? I know that using nLite is not really supported in the RyanVM method of integration.

It would be awesome if someone could post a clarification. Thanks!
1. Have no idea - I don't have a laptop.

2. Rogue Spear's answer to my post was that he was not going to update his add-on but I could create my own using his as a template. I did not do that; instead I'll just run Ryan VMi using his addon then update the drivers to RST later. :?

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Last week I checked back at the DriverPacks forum and they commented that their latest Mass Storage Driver Packs had the AHCI drivers included.

I downloaded that DriverPack but have not yet tested it on my XP Pro system that is presently booting using AHCI.

I did use Virtual PC 2007 to verify the XP Pro w/SP3 .ISO I created using RyanVMi, updates/addons and various DriverPacks and that was successful but as it was virtual it did not install as AHCI; it installed as ATAPI and IDE and seemed to be ok.

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:35 am

RogueSpears Addons Collection site [ http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/foru ... .php?t=339 ], have some newer "IaStor MassStorage Addons" added in June 2010, after the older "IaStor MassStorage Addon V8.5.0.1032" dated 2008.

Does the new one "IaStor MassStorage Addon V8.9.0.1023", can be used instead of V8.5.0.1032, along with the older "RogueSpear's Method 2 (No KtD) for XP SP3 Helper Addon V8.09" ?

Are they compatible?

Also another addition "V9.5.0.1037" seems to be of older datewise to V8.9.0.1023!
Can some expert comment on this, please.

ahmerkhan

Post by ahmerkhan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Version 8.9 supersede both 8.5 and 9.5 versions.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:58 pm

...and version 10.1 should replace them all.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... %AE+RST%29
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:12 pm

mindcurd wrote:Version 8.9 supersede both 8.5 and 9.5 versions.
Thanks mindcurd for the response. But to answer my original query:
Does this mean that the new 8.9 version of Roguespear's "IaStor MassStorage Addon"
can be used along with his own "NoKtD_8.09" addon for Method2 integration, without need for any customization?
mr_smartepants wrote:...and version 10.1 should replace them all.
Thanks, but as I understand this (v10.1) has to be customized into a Roguespear type addon, before it can be used with "KtD_8.09" addon for XP-SP3 integration. Am I right ?