Ok. Here's what I've got:

RyanVM Integrator v1.0.4
RyanVM UpdatePack v2.0.1
RyanVM TCPIP.SYS Add-On Pack v1.0
RyanVM UXTHEME.DLL Add-On Pack v1.0
RyanVM Windows Media Player 10 v1.4 Add-On Pack
Kel's Uber Add-On Pack v2.9
Kel's CPL All-In-One v1.4

Keep in mind, each time I integrate the update pack and add-ons, I'm using a clean copy of XP Home SP2. I integrate all of the above and attempt to install the resulting XP install. The system says something about "Unable to Verify Drive C:" and that either the hard drive has problems or the XP installation is corrupt.

So, I try downloading the update pack and all add-ons again and try integrating everything. Attempted installation. I got the same error as before. So, I try again twice, each time omitting each Kel's Add-On Pack from the integration. Attempted installation each time with same results. The only problem on the last installation attempt was that I got was that I had to locate SP2.CAT for the installation to proceed.

Upon successful integration, I integrated Kel's Uber Add-On pack into the sucessfully installed XP source. I then attempted installation. This time, failed with the "unable to verify" message.

I looked inside each of the add-ons (as well as the update pack) and noticed that all filenames are short 8.3 DOS-style filenames. Kel's pack has long filenames. Could this be the problem? If not, any ideas what could be causing this?
Last edited by dougiefresh on Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:27 pm

Why don't you try adding one addon at a time to narrow down which is causing the problems?
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Daemonforce

Post by Daemonforce » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:17 pm

RyanVM wrote:Why don't you try adding one addon at a time to narrow down which is causing the problems?
Agreed.
I manufacture my ISOs and mark them at 0.1...0.2...0.3 until I can build a completely functional candidate and mark it as 1.0 and send it into a build archive ready to be used with my manufacturing tools.

If one of these addons are a serious problem, you could try rebuilding the entry and other code yourself, but I do that and find it to be incredibly time consuming.

I don't think you should be having a problem because of XP Home, but it's easy to rule out anything if every addon is giving you problems.

From what you've described, you should probably keep the CAT files on disc.

One MORE thing! o_O

You shouldn't be having any issues with filenames unless you're getting a weird problem in TXTSETUP where the filenames are longer than the 8.3 style. Windows NT supports long filenames but God only knows that it can't see anything past 8.3 upon booting and in text setup. After you boot to the Windows GUI it shouldn't be an issue.

*waits on response like a mantis resting between incredibly vicious acts of violence*
Do you have stairs in your house?

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:57 pm

RyanVM wrote:Why don't you try adding one addon at a time to narrow down which is causing the problems?
Components used in each integration up to 2nd to last attempt:
=========================================
RyanVM Integrator v1.0.4
RyanVM UpdatePack v2.0.1
Kel's CPL All-In-One v1.4

RESULT: Unable to verify C:. Corrupt installation or hard drive partition. :evil:

2nd to last integration attempt:
RyanVM Integrator v1.0.4
RyanVM UpdatePack v2.0.1

RESULT: Unable to verify C:. Corrupt installation or hard drive partition. :evil:

Last integration attempt:
RyanVM Integrator v1.0.4
RyanVM UpdatePack v2.0.1

RESULT: Successful installation of Windows XP. :shock:

I am guessing that since omitting Kel's Add-ons resulted in successful installation, that the problem may reside in those add-on pack(s). I'm not really concerned about the SP2.CAT problem (although I will attempt to locate the problem there) and should have expressed that in my first post. (Sorry, RyanVM!!!) :oops:
Daemonforce wrote:From what you've described, you should probably keep the CAT files on disc.
I haven't removed them. I swear, I haven't!!!
Daemonforce wrote:You shouldn't be having any issues with filenames unless you're getting a weird problem in TXTSETUP where the filenames are longer than the 8.3 style. Windows NT supports long filenames but God only knows that it can't see anything past 8.3 upon booting and in text setup. After you boot to the Windows GUI it shouldn't be an issue.
I thought that might be the case. Kel's Add-Ons adds long filenames to the TXTSETUP.SIF file. Let me re-integrate Kel's Add-Ons and then edit the TXTSETUP.SIF and rename some files to see if this makes any difference. If I can get them to work, me be happy boy! :D
Last edited by dougiefresh on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:01 pm

jum, have you tried updating kels uber pack, with v3.1 i have installed every addon you have there and more and had no errors, plus kel is soon going to release an update to his uber pack, so if u prefer just be patient and wait till later tonight or early tommorow.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:16 pm

Here's another question, related to the first:
I was running Update Pack v1.2.1 with all Windows Updates installation. Was attempting to update to v2.0.1 today. Ran the WINNT32 prog in Windows to start the installation process. Computer rebooted once the files were copied. Computer showed boot screen, then showed setup graphics for a few seconds. Blue text screen displayed error message.

Question: Could any of this be important?
dgelwin wrote:jum, have you tried updating kels uber pack, with v3.1 i have installed every addon you have there and more and had no errors, plus kel is soon going to release an update to his uber pack, so if u prefer just be patient and wait till later tonight or early tommorow.
I just downloaded v3.2 of Kel's Uber Addon Pack. Found long filenames in it as well. Will try integration anyway...... Wish me luck!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:30 pm

the long file names make no difference, if you download any of my addons you will notice most of them include several files that have long file names as well.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:18 am

Sorry, I've just worked a 12-hour shift at my job Thursday and 10-hour shift on Friday. Finally, a weekend without work! Yeah! Will work on this today......
dgelwin wrote:the long file names make no difference, if you download any of my addons you will notice most of them include several files that have long file names as well.
Oh-kay! Let me do some more testing........... (not trying to be sarcastic, just, I don't know!)

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:43 am

Suggest adding the sfc addon, it will allow disabling of sfc. Sfc is not a highly usefull feature imo.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:45 am

This may be an issue that's fixed by the next integrator as well.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:38 am

Any word as to when 1.0.5 will be posted?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:19 am

When we're certain that it's not going to cause any nasty bugs (like 1.0.3 did). It'll be ready when it's ready.

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:46 pm

Ok, I've rebuilt my XP CD, omitting Kel's Add-Ons and adding Rogue Spear's add-on pack. Used v1.0.5 of the Integrator. My SP2.CAT problem went away and XP setup didn't complain about a corrupt setup. I'm thinking it was the integrator, not Kel's add-ons. I'll try rebuilding the installation with Kel's add-ons again (probably tomorrow, but it's as time permits me)!

A real big "I'M SORRY" goes out to Kel. I did not realize other add-ons were also using long filenames without problems. Please accept my apology!
Last edited by dougiefresh on Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:55 pm

My next release has been modified to fit the 8.3 file naming scheme so issues that have arised will not happen anymore.