Asim_Omer's .net issues

Windows 7 Update Pack discussion.
Post Reply
Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:55 am

When I try to integrate any true addon this error message appear:

Image

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:24 am

nonno fabio wrote:
Asim_Omer wrote:When I try to integrate any true addon this error message appear:
You can get further info from %temp%\WinNT6TI.log or from DISM's log C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\.

You can test any file without WNT6TI directly using DISM.exe by command line to integrate it and see what happens. So you can verify if every file is compatible with W7 offline mode.

If you are integrating an addon, you can also select GetState option when you add it in WNT6TI. This option adds more information about the specific addon in WinNT6TI.log
I get an error too:

Image

Here is the log file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?75xics8czd4cp93

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks OnePiece and adric for hint.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 pm

After I integrated .NET 4.0 true addon into Windows 7 SP1 and checked Windows Update I had this failed update:

Image

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 am

Asim_Omer wrote:After I integrated .NET 4.0 true addon into Windows 7 SP1 and checked Windows Update I had this failed update:

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Just integrated DotNet 4 addon on a Win 7 x86 ultimate and tested, but WindowsUpdate doesn't ask for that hotfix: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/5AGU ... .txt_links

Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu is already included inside OP's Dotnet addon and we have verified after hundred of test that it's correctly installed. However it seems that something else had issues with KB958488 (not with this addon ;) :
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 896a020f0a
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 56e2b028c3
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 02935b82be

You could try to fix HF from true addon by doing this:
extract Dotnet4 true addon
uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf to c:\ root using Cabtool
open Notepad and copy following lines:

Code: Select all

%systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\netfx40.inf,netfx40.6.1
(remember: netfx40.inf file must be in c:\ or you must change the destination in the above lines)
same as .cmd file
be sure to have admin rights over the following registry lines:
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CE39D6F3-DAB7-41b3-9F7D-BD1CC4E92399}\InprocServer32"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Networking\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for Oracle\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for SqlServer\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Data\Linkage"
then run your cmd file as Administrator. When Windows will ask for, type the path of netfx4.cab file and let it do its work.

after this, you can retry MU/WU. If you get the same message, this means that something has damaged the addon. In this case there's another fix to try. But one thing at a time ;)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm

nonno fabio wrote:
Asim_Omer wrote:After I integrated .NET 4.0 true addon into Windows 7 SP1 and checked Windows Update I had this failed update:

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Just integrated DotNet 4 addon on a Win 7 x86 ultimate and tested, but WindowsUpdate doesn't ask for that hotfix: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/5AGU ... .txt_links

Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu is already included inside OP's Dotnet addon and we have verified after hundred of test that it's correctly installed. However it seems that something else had issues with KB958488 (not with this addon ;) :
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 896a020f0a
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 56e2b028c3
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 02935b82be

You could try to fix HF from true addon by doing this:
extract Dotnet4 true addon
uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf to c:\ root using Cabtool
open Notepad and copy following lines:

Code: Select all

%systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\netfx40.inf,netfx40.6.1
(remember: netfx40.inf file must be in c:\ or you must change the destination in the above lines)
same as .cmd file
be sure to have admin rights over the following registry lines:
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CE39D6F3-DAB7-41b3-9F7D-BD1CC4E92399}\InprocServer32"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Networking\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for Oracle\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for SqlServer\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Data\Linkage"
then run your cmd file as Administrator. When Windows will ask for, type the path of netfx4.cab file and let it do its work.

after this, you can retry MU/WU. If you get the same message, this means that something has damaged the addon. In this case there's another fix to try. But one thing at a time ;)
This failed update was there before I checked for updates and when I checked for updates this hotfix didn't appear.

Here is the error code:

Image

And by the way I didn't integrate any thing other than SoLoR's update pack,drivers and some registry tweaks.
Last edited by Asim_Omer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 am

Asim_Omer wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:
Asim_Omer wrote:After I integrated .NET 4.0 true addon into Windows 7 SP1 and checked Windows Update I had this failed update:

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Just integrated DotNet 4 addon on a Win 7 x86 ultimate and tested, but WindowsUpdate doesn't ask for that hotfix: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/5AGU ... .txt_links

Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu is already included inside OP's Dotnet addon and we have verified after hundred of test that it's correctly installed. However it seems that something else had issues with KB958488 (not with this addon ;) :
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 896a020f0a
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 56e2b028c3
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 02935b82be

You could try to fix HF from true addon by doing this:
extract Dotnet4 true addon
uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf to c:\ root using Cabtool
open Notepad and copy following lines:

Code: Select all

%systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\netfx40.inf,netfx40.6.1
(remember: netfx40.inf file must be in c:\ or you must change the destination in the above lines)
same as .cmd file
be sure to have admin rights over the following registry lines:
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CE39D6F3-DAB7-41b3-9F7D-BD1CC4E92399}\InprocServer32"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Networking\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for Oracle\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET Data Provider for SqlServer\Linkage"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.NET CLR Data\Linkage"
then run your cmd file as Administrator. When Windows will ask for, type the path of netfx4.cab file and let it do its work.

after this, you can retry MU/WU. If you get the same message, this means that something has damaged the addon. In this case there's another fix to try. But one thing at a time ;)
This failed update was there before I checked for updates and when I checked for updates this hotfix didn't appear.

Here is the error code:

Image

And by the way I didn't integrate any thing other than SoLoR's update pack,drivers and some registry tweaks.
Any help?

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:11 am

If KB958488 can't be fixed, you could reinstall .net 4.

Uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf and copy it in c:\ like before
Open Notepad and copy and paste these lines:

Code: Select all

%systemroot%\system32\TASKKILL.exe /F /IM msiexec.exe
%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe "/X{3C3901C5-3455-3E0A-A214-0B093A5070A6}" /qb!
%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe "/X{0A0CADCF-78DA-33C4-A350-CD51849B9702}" /qb!
%systemroot%\system32\wusa.exe /KB:958488 /uninstall /quiet /norestart
%systemroot%\system32\wusa.exe /KB:956250 /uninstall /quiet /norestart
%systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\netfx40.inf,NETFX40.CleanUp
Save it as remove.cmd and run it with admin rights.

Wait till cmd window closes then restart Windows.

Download http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=17718 and install it
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:50 am

nonno fabio wrote:If KB958488 can't be fixed, you could reinstall .net 4.

Uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf and copy it in c:\ like before
Open Notepad and copy and paste these lines:

Code: Select all

%systemroot%\system32\TASKKILL.exe /F /IM msiexec.exe
%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe "/X{3C3901C5-3455-3E0A-A214-0B093A5070A6}" /qb!
%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe "/X{0A0CADCF-78DA-33C4-A350-CD51849B9702}" /qb!
%systemroot%\system32\wusa.exe /KB:958488 /uninstall /quiet /norestart
%systemroot%\system32\wusa.exe /KB:956250 /uninstall /quiet /norestart
%systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\netfx40.inf,NETFX40.CleanUp
Save it as remove.cmd and run it with admin rights.

Wait till cmd window closes then restart Windows.

Download http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=17718 and install it
The problem is not that the KB958488 is needed in Windows Update but the problem is that it appears in the update history as failed update although it is installed successfully.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 am

Here is the log file of KB958488 error:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8vgfebzl4m26rj

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 am

Please fix this KB958488 error.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 pm

As we can see there's nothing to be fixed. We cannot reproduce that WU message in any configuration.

You could try to take out Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu file from netfx40.cab (you can find inside .net4 addon) and integrate it in offline mode.

or simply hide WU message: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... dates.html
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 am

How can I verify that KB958488 has been successfully installed?

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 am

/get-packages

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:11 am

Thanks Ricardo but I didn't find KB958488 in the list of my installed updates.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 am

nonno fabio wrote:As we can see there's nothing to be fixed. We cannot reproduce that WU message in any configuration.

You could try to take out Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu file from netfx40.cab (you can find inside .net4 addon) and integrate it in offline mode.

or simply hide WU message: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... dates.html
The problem is not that the KB958488 is needed by WU but the problem is not being installed at the first user login. I mean it is not listed in the WU updates.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm confused. If I understand correctly, you are saying that KB958488 does not show up as needed by WU, and it is not being installed at the first user login, (why would it be installed?), it does not show up in your list of installed updates, but it appears in the update history as a failed update. Did I summarize that correctly? So all your trying to do is get rid of the error message? You're asking for help, but I'm not really sure what you are wanting to do.

Cheers and Regards
Last edited by bphlpt on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Yes you summarized that correctly but I don't want him to get rid of this message, I want him to fix his true addon so that it installs this update correctly.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Why does it need to be installed if WU is not showing it as needed? Might it already be installed through another means? Could the error message be caused from tying to install it "twice"? Sometimes when an true update is installed, it leaves no trace in the Add/Remove programs even though it is really there, hence WU knowing it's not needed. If it really didn't get installed correctly, and WU doesn't think it is needed, then why are you trying to install it anyway? Admittedly, I am just guessing since I'm running Win7 these days and am not using any of these addons/update packs, so if my questions don't make any sense then please just ignore me. But the conversation caught my eye and I'm still rather confused by it all, especially since no one else has seemed to have had your issue. nonno fabio stated that they cannot reproduce that WU message in any configuration, and no one else has mentioned it either. Again, forgive me if I'm totally off base.

Cheers and Regards

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Asim_Omer wrote:Yes you summarized that correctly but I don't want him to get rid of this message, I want him to fix his true addon so that it installs this update correctly.
Please also remember you get what you pay for....

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am

bphlpt wrote:Why does it need to be installed if WU is not showing it as needed? Might it already be installed through another means? Could the error message be caused from tying to install it "twice"? Sometimes when an true update is installed, it leaves no trace in the Add/Remove programs even though it is really there, hence WU knowing it's not needed. If it really didn't get installed correctly, and WU doesn't think it is needed, then why are you trying to install it anyway? Admittedly, I am just guessing since I'm running Win7 these days and am not using any of these addons/update packs, so if my questions don't make any sense then please just ignore me. But the conversation caught my eye and I'm still rather confused by it all, especially since no one else has seemed to have had your issue. nonno fabio stated that they cannot reproduce that WU message in any configuration, and no one else has mentioned it either. Again, forgive me if I'm totally off base.

Cheers and Regards
Thanks for your words bphlpt but I really want this message to disappear.
Kelsenellenelvian wrote:
Asim_Omer wrote:Yes you summarized that correctly but I don't want him to get rid of this message, I want him to fix his true addon so that it installs this update correctly.
Please also remember you get what you pay for....
I didn't understand you.

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:04 pm

@ Asim_Omer:

I mean just this = You are being very demanding for someone who is using a free app\addon!

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 am

bphlpt wrote:Why does it need to be installed if WU is not showing it as needed? Might it already be installed through another means?

Cheers and Regards
But when I try to install it, it doesn't say that it is already installed.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

I've seen elsewhere that updated versions of all the files included in KB958488 might already be a part of Windows 7 SP1. If true, that could explain why it won't install yet does not say that it is already installed. To truly tell, since appropriate documentation seems to be hard to find from Microsoft, I would guess you would need to take the KB958488 update apart, find out the version number of every file inside it, search your system for those same files, and compare version numbers.

Which brings me back to one of my original questions. Since you have said that WU does not ask for it, why are you trying to install this?

Google Kb958488 and you will find many people having trouble installing this update. What makes you think you need it?

If you are able to install it manually, direct from Microsoft, on your system, then you might have a point that you should be able to install it successfully without error using the DX WinNT6.x True Integrator. Otherwise, again since no one else has reported having this issue, you might have to accept that you could be wrong and don't worry about it.

I'll give you credit for being persistent. If you truly believe you are right, then continue your quest. But explore other options, do research on your own, and help us help you - don't just say "It gives an error, fix it!"

Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:00 pm

bphlpt wrote:I've seen elsewhere that updated versions of all the files included in KB958488 might already be a part of Windows 7 SP1. If true, that could explain why it won't install yet does not say that it is already installed. To truly tell, since appropriate documentation seems to be hard to find from Microsoft, I would guess you would need to take the KB958488 update apart, find out the version number of every file inside it, search your system for those same files, and compare version numbers.

Which brings me back to one of my original questions. Since you have said that WU does not ask for it, why are you trying to install this?

Google Kb958488 and you will find many people having trouble installing this update. What makes you think you need it?

If you are able to install it manually, direct from Microsoft, on your system, then you might have a point that you should be able to install it successfully without error using the DX WinNT6.x True Integrator. Otherwise, again since no one else has reported having this issue, you might have to accept that you could be wrong and don't worry about it.

I'll give you credit for being persistent. If you truly believe you are right, then continue your quest. But explore other options, do research on your own, and help us help you - don't just say "It gives an error, fix it!"

Cheers and Regards
I compared the version numbers and I found that the files on my system is newer than the files in the update. Your theory is true, Windows 7 SP1 has newer files than the update.
Thanks bphlpt.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm glad you were able to finally verify that. But I am still curious. (If nothing else it might help other folks not make the same mistake you did)
Since you said that WU did not ask for it, why were you trying to install this? What made you think you needed it?
Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm

bphlpt wrote:I'm glad you were able to finally verify that. But I am still curious. (If nothing else it might help other folks not make the same mistake you did)
Since you said that WU did not ask for it, why were you trying to install this? What made you think you needed it?
Cheers and Regards
I was trying to install it because when I tried to install it, it doesn't say that it is already installed. So I thought that it could be an important update.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:56 am

nonno fabio wrote:As we can see there's nothing to be fixed. We cannot reproduce that WU message in any configuration.

You could try to take out Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu file from netfx40.cab (you can find inside .net4 addon) and integrate it in offline mode.

or simply hide WU message: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... dates.html
How can I remove KB958488 from this addon?

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 am

We're OT here but you can do as follows:
- extract addon
- uncab netfx40.in_ in netfx40.inf file
- change

Code: Select all

[ActionInstall6.1]
%11%\wusa.exe %10%\%MigrationFmwk%\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
in

Code: Select all

[ActionInstall6.1]
;%11%\wusa.exe %10%\%MigrationFmwk%\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
- delete original netfx40.in_
- recab netfx40.inf in netfx40.in_ using Cabtool
- recompress addon

I remember that noone else needs to do this if you're using a clean Windows 7 SP1 image (or a Windows 7 RTM image with integrated SP1 without using third party tool or antything else different than MS instructions. I suggest also to apply System Update Readiness Tool
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

nonno fabio wrote:I remember that noone else needs to do this if you're using a clean Windows 7 SP1 image (or a Windows 7 RTM image with integrated SP1 without using third party tool or antything else different than MS instructions. I suggest also to apply System Update Readiness Tool
I integrated this addon before (without removing the update) on a clean Windows 7 SP1 image and the same problem appeared again.

Edit: I did another test today on a clean Windows 7 SP1 image in VirtualBox and the same problem existed.

Did you test it on the latest Windows 7 SP1 images published in May 2011?

This is the error log:

Code: Select all

Windows update "Update for Windows (KB958488)" could not be installed because of error 2147945417 "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made." (Command line: "C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe C:\Windows\WinSxS\microsoft.net.framework.migration_3643236f_fc70_11d3_a536_0090278a1bb8\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu /quiet /norestart")

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am

So would you mind testing it on Windows 7 SP1 images that published on May 2011?

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm

@Asim_Omer, I think that nonno fabio is correct that "We are OT here" and that you are asking for this in the wrong place. From our previous conversations, and your testing of your system, comparing version numbers etc, I thought we had determined that the problem seems to be that files included in KB958488 were already included in Windows 7 SP1. So your problem lies in the fact that whatever addon you are trying to apply to your build that includes KB958488 (.NET 4.0 true addon?) is causing your issue, NOT the [Tool] DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Vista/Seven, ie this thread. The tool is not at fault if you put the "wrong" thing into it.

Therefore, if the .NET 4.0 true addon, or whatever the addon is that is causing the problem, says it is intended to be used in Windows 7, then THAT addon's thread is where you should address your concerns and ask for further tests. If that addon is intended for use with XP, therefore probably needing KB958488 to be included, then you should try a different addon - one that is intended for use with Windows 7. Or you could try modifying the addon yourself as nonno fabio has been suggesting and explaining for you.

Bottom line, it does not appear that the tool is at fault, and as nonno fabio has repeatedly stated, "As we can see there's nothing to be fixed." So either move your questions to the appropriate thread or try a different addon. And continue to ask yourself "Why is no one else having this problem?"

[If I have misunderstood the situation, I apologize. Please point out the error in my interpretation of the above posts.)

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. I'm sure your solution, whatever it turns out to be, will help others in the long run.

Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am

bphlpt wrote:And continue to ask yourself "Why is no one else having this problem?"
No one else having this problem is because they don't use the latest Windows 7 SP1 images published in May 2011.

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 am

Edited: you dont need KB958488 on Windows 7 sp1...why can you not understand that?

Even if it installs no files are updated, the ones in sp1 are newer
Last edited by ricktendo64 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 am

ricktendo64 wrote:FOR F*%$ SAKE! you dont need KB958488 on Windows 7 sp1...why can you not understand that?

Even if it installs no files are updated, the ones in sp1 are newer
So why did he say that no one else have this problem in Windows 7 sp1?

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 am

No one is having the problem because they are not trying to install KB958488, and we can't understand why you are still trying to install it. Why are you fixated on installing it when your own tests have verified that it is not necessary?

Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

bphlpt wrote:No one is having the problem because they are not trying to install KB958488, and we can't understand why you are still trying to install it. Why are you fixated on installing it when your own tests have verified that it is not necessary?

Cheers and Regards
I am still fixated because no one else have this problem.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 am

Use a different addon and you won't have the problem either.

Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 pm

bphlpt wrote:Use a different addon and you won't have the problem either.

Cheers and Regards
There are no other .net 4 addons that is compatible with Windows 7.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Asim_Omer wrote:There are no other .net 4 addons that is compatible with Windows 7.
THAT's the problem? A lack of search/Google skills? LOL

Read here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013, then here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9345, following referred to links as appropriate. (Yes I realize it's not as organized as would be desired.) But read it all. At least the three pages that make up those two links.

Depending on whether you need x86 or x64, extended or client, there are .NET 4 installers, and even makers, made by n0ak, troubada, ricktendo64, pegasus, and Escorpiom, off the top of my head. All made specifically with Windows 7 in mind, if not exclusively. There are also tutorials if you want to make your own .NET 4 installer.

I guess next time when you ask a question about an addon, you should frame your questions in such a matter that you provide the following information [as appropriate]: (we could have directed you better a month ago if you had)

1: OS type and version
2: Extra Hardware and drivers involved
3: Update packs & addons you are trying to use
4: Tools you are using, nlite, RVMi, etc and the steps you used them in
5: addon you think is the problem
6: symptoms WHY you think it is the problem
7: What YOU have done to try and fix it and the results
8: What you would like us to do - NOT just the generic "Fix it, it's broken"
9: Ask if there is another option to the addon you are trying to use


Keep in mind that there are several possibilities causing the problem:

1) something is wrong with your system, OS, bad download of the addon
2) There really is a problem with the addon
3) It's incompatible or inappropriate or conflicts with something else you're using, hardware or software
4) You're using the wrong addon, or there is a better option
5) OS and other software is fine, addon is fine, but you're doing it wrong

Be willing to accept that we might not be able to make it work the way you think you want it to work for one of those reasons so you might have to have an alternative.

Best of luck, and let us know when you get an option that works for you.

Cheers and Regards

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Asim_Omer wrote:
bphlpt wrote:And continue to ask yourself "Why is no one else having this problem?"
No one else having this problem is because they don't use the latest Windows 7 SP1 images published in May 2011.
Here is the thing:

If you install a BARE 7sp1-u and look in the updates section you will see that it is already installed!

Listen you are getting very rude and being quite ignorant here.

This is a free tool and the work onepiece has done is awesome.

Stop being so demanding and quit clogging up his thread!

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:45 am

As per request (And netequitte) I have split all of your thread\problem to a new thread.

KEEP your discussion here!

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:15 am

bphlpt wrote:
Asim_Omer wrote:There are no other .net 4 addons that is compatible with Windows 7.
THAT's the problem? A lack of search/Google skills? LOL

Read here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013, then here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9345, following referred to links as appropriate. (Yes I realize it's not as organized as would be desired.) But read it all. At least the three pages that make up those two links.

Depending on whether you need x86 or x64, extended or client, there are .NET 4 installers, and even makers, made by n0ak, troubada, ricktendo64, pegasus, and Escorpiom, off the top of my head. All made specifically with Windows 7 in mind, if not exclusively. There are also tutorials if you want to make your own .NET 4 installer.

I guess next time when you ask a question about an addon, you should frame your questions in such a matter that you provide the following information [as appropriate]: (we could have directed you better a month ago if you had)

1: OS type and version
2: Extra Hardware and drivers involved
3: Update packs & addons you are trying to use
4: Tools you are using, nlite, RVMi, etc and the steps you used them in
5: addon you think is the problem
6: symptoms WHY you think it is the problem
7: What YOU have done to try and fix it and the results
8: What you would like us to do - NOT just the generic "Fix it, it's broken"
9: Ask if there is another option to the addon you are trying to use


Keep in mind that there are several possibilities causing the problem:

1) something is wrong with your system, OS, bad download of the addon
2) There really is a problem with the addon
3) It's incompatible or inappropriate or conflicts with something else you're using, hardware or software
4) You're using the wrong addon, or there is a better option
5) OS and other software is fine, addon is fine, but you're doing it wrong

Be willing to accept that we might not be able to make it work the way you think you want it to work for one of those reasons so you might have to have an alternative.

Best of luck, and let us know when you get an option that works for you.

Cheers and Regards
As I said before I did an integration on a clean Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 image without any other thing integrated.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:47 am

Yes, and as we have said before - use a different addon. Try ricktendo64's referenced at the end of the second link above.

Cheers and Regards

Asim_Omer
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Asim_Omer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 am

I want to end this conversation. I will remove KB958488 from the addon and integrate the addon.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 am

Thank you

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:53 am

Err, I can confirm this problem. :( See my post here.

1. start with W7SP1
2. integrate true addon into the wim
3. format and do installation
4. on reboot after install, check update history and you will see a single entry about KB958488 failing.
It's the only entry there.

Al

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 pm

This is a cosmetic issue only, if you don't want it, use Rick's installer instead.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 916#120916

Cheers and Regards

Post Reply