[Release] DriverGrabber 2.0 - One Click Driver Backup (Also

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

[Release] DriverGrabber 2.0 - One Click Driver Backup (Also

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 am

OK... you asked for it.... so here it is!!!

DriverGrabber 2.0 Beta

This is a One Click Driver Backup Solution.

Very simple to use...
Run the "DriverGrabber 2.0.exe" and watch it Grab all of the drivers from your system and place them into a "Drivers" folder!

It now even grabs drivers that are no longer in use... For instance... a Printer Driver that is no longer physically connected to your system while you perform a backup.

Also... you can now use DriverGrabber on a Windows PE disk like LiveXP! It auto detects if it is being executed in a PE environment... it will attempt to auto detect the Windows Drive you wish to backup as well.

Download:
http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/i ... ons&id=242

Beta 5:
Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.
Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.

Please test this version of DriverGrabber out and report back any issues. When reporting issues please try to post your DriverGrabber.log file to help narrow down a problem. If you get a "Not Found!" error on a specific file that can not be grabbed... please run a search on your entire system to verify the file even exists anywhere on your computer.
Last edited by Siginet on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 am

Many thanks for this updated tool.

Great to see you active again :)

This version works VERY fast compared to the older ones.

Found a bug maybe....didn't backup my "Net" drivers.
The older versions used to back it up. So don't know which
is correct the old or the new?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm assuming it is a Microsoft LAN driver? If so it is more then likley built into the microsoft installation disk. If it is not an OEM*.inf file... it is a builtin driver. Which is not needed for backup.

I suppose... I could add a feature to ignore skipping Microsoft LAN drivers if it is an OEM*.inf file... just incase it is a Driver from Microsoft Update... and was not built into the system. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Siginet wrote:I'm assuming it is a Microsoft LAN driver? If so it is more then likley built into the microsoft installation disk. If it is not an OEM*.inf file... it is a builtin driver. Which is not needed for backup.

I suppose... I could add a feature to ignore skipping Microsoft LAN drivers if it is an OEM*.inf file... just incase it is a Driver from Microsoft Update... and was not built into the system. ;)
nope it is: Realtek RTL8139810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm

That is very odd. Is it shown in your DriverGrabber.log ? Can you attach your DriverGrabber.log for me?

If you know where the driver inf file is for your Realtek RTL8139810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC is as well it will help. It should be an oem*.inf file in Windows\inf.

If it is not an oem*.inf file it should be a built in os driver. Which you should not need to backup.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:30 am

yup in Windows/Inf the driver for the NIC is OEM11.inf

the log attached for 2.0b1 shows that it as first entry in [Grabbed Drivers] section however the program does not "grab" or process the files.

i am attaching in the archive the log from 0.51b and 2.0b1.
2.0b1 is bugged not only not grabbing the NIC it is not finding
all files required by the other driver inf.

the logs will show you what i am talking about.

drivegrabberLog.7z

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:39 am

Very odd. Can you upload your oem11.inf?

Actually if you can upload all of the oem*.inf files that show "Not Found!" in them it would help out a lot.

Thanks!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 am

here are the OEM.inf files that are not being processed properly

OEMinf.7z

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 am

Updated! Beta 2 is online. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:44 am

so beta 2 obviously takes longer to process drivers with the new options turned ON
and a 43% CPU useage on my system.

the new search function does find the files that were previously marked "Not Found".

my problem still persists that the Realtek NIC is not grabbed !
as well now my Zebra printer is skipped because "No Cat File Found" ?

let me know what you require from my end to try and tackle the issue.

so I am still using version 0.51b as it is rock solid.

do you have the source of 0.51b to see what has changed in the grabbing?
i may have a crude dissassembly of it somewhere if you need me to find it.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Unfortunatly looking at the code from the old version won't help much since the new version is used from completely new code and no longer uses Devcon.

But I know what is causing the bug right now. :)

It is because your driver's name is: "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC"

DriverGrabber attempts to create a directory using the driver name. But in this case it cannot successfully create the directory because the driver name has a forward slash in it. ;)
So I need to modify the code to replace the forward slash with a dash. Then it should work fine.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Beta 3 is online!!

Beta 3:

Fixed - Issue creating folder for DriverNames with characters that are not usable in a directory name. Like /\* and so on. Now invalid characters are deleted.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 pm

redistribution req's?

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:14 pm

ok Beta3 is grabbing the Realtek Nic driver now :)

but still not grabbing my Zebra POS printer.
Printer\Zebra LP2844,C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem10.inf=Zebra Technologies,No Cat File Found

any chance on getting a toggle ON/OFF in the ini for CAT files not found still process driver?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:redistribution req's?
I'll create a license file in an upcomming release. But basically I don't mind if you are wanting to use it in any of your programs as long as I am made aware of it. ;) And of course credit is given where credit is due.

As for posting DriverGrabber on your website for redistribution... I would request that you link to:
http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/i ... ons&id=242
At least for the time being.
I would like to watch how many downloads it receives.

I welcome anyone to post it in places like softpedia, betanews or simular websites (but if possible have the link point to the link I posted above for redistribution).
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 am

user_hidden wrote:ok Beta3 is grabbing the Realtek Nic driver now :)

but still not grabbing my Zebra POS printer.
Printer\Zebra LP2844,C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem10.inf=Zebra Technologies,No Cat File Found

any chance on getting a toggle ON/OFF in the ini for CAT files not found still process driver?
The next version will have a new option in the DriverGrabber.ini:
GrabNoCats=On

Which will allow drivers to be backed up even when no cat file is found.

I'm suprised the Zebra driver does not have a cat file. Since most of my tests of drivers without cat files are built-in drivers.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 am

Siginet wrote:
Kelsenellenelvian wrote:redistribution req's?
I'll create a license file in an upcomming release. But basically I don't mind if you are wanting to use it in any of your programs as long as I am made aware of it. ;) And of course credit is given where credit is due.
The problem with a GPL license is it requires the release of the source code which you might not want.
More info: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html
Might I suggest using the Creative Commons "license selector"?
http://creativecommons.org/choose/
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 am

Beta 4 online!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:16 am

I just want to say that the program runs fine in Windows 2000.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable grabbing unused drivers? It's the third mainboard I use with this system and DriverGrabber grabs drivers belonging to all of them while I need only the ones for the current mainboard.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

tomasz86 wrote:I just want to say that the program runs fine in Windows 2000.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable grabbing unused drivers? It's the third mainboard I use with this system and DriverGrabber grabs drivers belonging to all of them while I need only the ones for the current mainboard.
That's a good question. I'm not quite sure how to tell which drivers are in use and which aren't. I know most driver backup utilities only backup the drivers in use... which I personally dislike. Because then it will not backup Printer Drivers and so on if they are not currently connected and running on the system.

Obviously there must be a way to search each driver area in the registry to tell which are active and non-active drivers. So if I figure out how I can implement an option in the DriverGrabber.ini to skip non-active drivers.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:09 pm

so i used beta 4.

it is now grabbing my Zebra driver but I have to have the "GrabBuiltIn=On".
with that toggled on it grabs ALL of the system drivers and takes forever.
if I have it OFF it won't grab the Zebra driver......remember it is an OEM driver
so it should be grabbed with "GrabBuiltIn=Off" and just having "GrabNoCats=On".

let me know .....

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:17 am

Can you post your DriverGrabber.log again? I need to find out why it would think it's built in. This is very weird.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 am

Siginet wrote:Can you post your DriverGrabber.log again? I need to find out why it would think it's built in. This is very weird.
ok i got it working.
the ini was corrupted for some reason.

so now beta4 is grabbing all of the drivers properly with :

Code: Select all

[Options]
Destination=Drivers\@ComputerName
DriveSearch=On
GrabBuiltIn=Off
GrabNoCats=On
CleanUp=Off
however with the file search it takes 43 minutes to complete
as compared to the way the original .5 series scanned using
devcon in 1-2 minutes.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 pm

It only uses DriveSearch if it cannot find certain Driver Files with the normal code. Did it ever find the files it searched for? If so... look for codes in the DriverGrabber.ini ending in 0ds. If it used 0ds and was able to find the files... then it may be possible your driver uses a path I am unaware of and need to add it to my code. In the drivers inf file it points DriverGrabber to the correct path for each file with a specific ID... but I'm sure there may be ID paths that I don't know about... which would cause DriverGrabber to begin to search the drive. If it finds it... it uses that same path for the next file by default... but if it doesn't find the file... then it means the file does not exist on the drive. So it would be impossible to get the file. In a perfect world... DriverGrabber would never need DriveSearch... but I notice some drivers never install all of the files listed in their inf file.

I haven't had a computer take 43 minutes to grab files yet. But if yours is taking that long it's got to be using an odd ID path. I'd really like to see your DriverGrabber.log and any inf files related to the drivers that are forcing a DriveSearch to see if I can add this ID into my code. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm

@Siginet

i deleted the logs so lemme run the proggy again and post them for you.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:45 am

sorry for the delay.

here is the log: DG.log

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:58 pm

user_hidden wrote:sorry for the delay.

here is the log: DG.log
Thanks. I have fixed a few minor code errors in DriverGrabber beta 5. It may help a bit with your setup... but your system seems to be missing a lot of driver files. Thats why it is taking so long.

I havent come across this many missing files on any of the computers I have scanned. I guess some of the drivers you have installed list a bunch of files that aren't used in the inf file. Odd that they would list so many. I am going to have to see if there is a way to detect if a file is used without searching the drive.

I'm curious... if your drivers would be backed up properly if you turn off DriveSearch? Because no matter how I code it... your files that are not found will not be backed up because they do not exist on the drive.

Is there any way you may have time to do a DriverGrabber run with DriveSearch turned off... then attempt to use the backup to install the driver? I really want to know if the files that are grabbed are enough.

Thanks!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Updated!
Beta 5:
Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.
Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks ;)

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am

Siginet wrote:Thanks. I have fixed a few minor code errors in DriverGrabber beta 5. It may help a bit with your setup... but your system seems to be missing a lot of driver files. Thats why it is taking so long.

I havent come across this many missing files on any of the computers I have scanned. I guess some of the drivers you have installed list a bunch of files that aren't used in the inf file. Odd that they would list so many. I am going to have to see if there is a way to detect if a file is used without searching the drive.

I'm curious... if your drivers would be backed up properly if you turn off DriveSearch? Because no matter how I code it... your files that are not found will not be backed up because they do not exist on the drive.

Is there any way you may have time to do a DriverGrabber run with DriveSearch turned off... then attempt to use the backup to install the driver? I really want to know if the files that are grabbed are enough.

Thanks!
nope drivers don't install properly without the files.
it seems that as you have noticed some INFs have extra data for
multiple drivers inside the package so it is normal that some will
not be found as they don't apply to the system. but the ones not
picked up if DriveSearch is off won't work for the Zebra. without that driver or rather printer DriveGrabber is fine.

I don't see a reason to change anything as there are enough
options in the INI for an advanced user to have the tool work
properly.

there will always be exception drivers :(

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 am

user_hidden wrote:
Siginet wrote:Thanks. I have fixed a few minor code errors in DriverGrabber beta 5. It may help a bit with your setup... but your system seems to be missing a lot of driver files. Thats why it is taking so long.

Thanks!
nope drivers don't install properly without the files.
it seems that as you have noticed some INFs have extra data for
multiple drivers inside the package so it is normal that some will
not be found as they don't apply to the system. but the ones not
picked up if DriveSearch is off won't work for the Zebra. without that driver or rather printer DriveGrabber is fine.

I don't see a reason to change anything as there are enough
options in the INI for an advanced user to have the tool work
properly.

there will always be exception drivers :(
Actually DriverGrabber should be able to backup all of the files that are backed up with/or without DriveSearch. If DriverGrabber is not backing up those files with DriveSearch off... then something is not working right.

Is it not backing up all of the same files? In Beta 5 I had added new code that should have allowed DriverGrabber to find all of the needed Driver files for your Zebra Printer without the need for DriveSearch.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Getting printer drivers seem to be the bug-a-boo. Just tried Beta 5. My wife's laptop has two printers installed, both are network connected, and neither of them were found, at least not that I could tell. HP Photosmart 8450 and Brother MFC-5440CN. I first tried DriverGrabber as-delivered, then tried with both GrabBuiltIn and GrabNoCats both On, the latter log is attached.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?57nl15d2tld129w

Cheers and Regards

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Does DriverGrabber query the system arch before grabbing? The only reason I ask is that may be a factor in it not grabbing certain files. If an .inf has sections for both x86 and amd64 and there are files named blah32.dll or blah64.dll for each section respectively, and the drivers are installed on a x86 system, then blah64.dll won't exist even though it's "referenced" in the .inf.

Maybe a comparison is needed between [SourceDisksFiles] and [CopyFiles**] sections?

Just a thought...

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:01 pm

bphlpt wrote:Getting printer drivers seem to be the bug-a-boo. Just tried Beta 5. My wife's laptop has two printers installed, both are network connected, and neither of them were found, at least not that I could tell. HP Photosmart 8450 and Brother MFC-5440CN. I first tried DriverGrabber as-delivered, then tried with both GrabBuiltIn and GrabNoCats both On, the latter log is attached.

Cheers and Regards
Not sure on this. I'm assuming it has to do with them being network connected. Are they installed by IP or a share from another computer?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:Does DriverGrabber query the system arch before grabbing? The only reason I ask is that may be a factor in it not grabbing certain files. If an .inf has sections for both x86 and amd64 and there are files named blah32.dll or blah64.dll for each section respectively, and the drivers are installed on a x86 system, then blah64.dll won't exist even though it's "referenced" in the .inf.

Maybe a comparison is needed between [SourceDisksFiles] and [CopyFiles**] sections?

Just a thought...
I'm sure this has something to do with it. Allthough... not all x64 files are marked with 64. So it may be difficult to figure out which is used.
DriverGrabber does check the system arch before grabbing... and it does know wether or not to grab [SourceDisksFiles.x86] or [SourceDisksFiles.x64]. But some drivers seem to place a mix of the files in [SourceDisksFiles]. This is nothing to worry about when DriveSearch is Off. Because the un-needed files are not backed up. But when DriveSearch is On it will cause backups to be very slow when files do not exist on the system. So for the most part with DriveSearch being Off everything is fine anyways. But for troubleshooting purposes DriveSearch being On is reccommended.

As long as people keep posting their logs to help... DriverGrabber will become much faster. It's pretty fast and very accurate as it is... but some drivers can be very tricky. It's those drivers which slow things down... and unfortunatly I don't know about those drivers until I see a log on a pc trying to back them up.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

vmanda

Post by vmanda » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Just a little error: "Wireless Intermediate Driver" wsimd.sys file not grabbed.
All files are here.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Siginet wrote:Actually DriverGrabber should be able to backup all of the files that are backed up with/or without DriveSearch. If DriverGrabber is not backing up those files with DriveSearch off... then something is not working right.

Is it not backing up all of the same files? In Beta 5 I had added new code that should have allowed DriverGrabber to find all of the needed Driver files for your Zebra Printer without the need for DriveSearch.
let me run it again with DriveSearch ON and OFF.
I'll post the logs so you can see the difference.

can we get a the tray icon :D

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:44 pm

here are the latest logs.

DriveGrabber 0.51 Devcon
DriveGrabber 2.0b5 DriveSearch_OFF
DriveGrabber 2.0b5 DriveSearch_ON

File: DG_Logs_20120619.7z
MD5: df0a2e81201fb1722912643c4e26ffce
SHA-1: 27ab8fedec5694fe9150b87b35f14432108fba78

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Siginet wrote:
bphlpt wrote:Getting printer drivers seem to be the bug-a-boo. Just tried Beta 5. My wife's laptop has two printers installed, both are network connected, and neither of them were found, at least not that I could tell. HP Photosmart 8450 and Brother MFC-5440CN. I first tried DriverGrabber as-delivered, then tried with both GrabBuiltIn and GrabNoCats both On, the latter log is attached.

Cheers and Regards
Not sure on this. I'm assuming it has to do with them being network connected. Are they installed by IP or a share from another computer?
They are both installed locally by IP. Neither printer is shared through another computer.

Cheers and Regards

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks for all of the logs. I'll look into the issues and see if I can fix em.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 am

One thing to remember is that just because a file is listed in the [SourceDisksFiles] section does NOT mean that file gets installed, it means it's available to the system at the time of install if it needs it.
The [CopyFiles*.blah] sections are where the files are actually copied to the system.
Just take a look at any Intel graphics driver .inf to see what I'm talking about. There are about a hundred language files listed in their [SourceDisksFiles] section but they are obviously not all installed.

Also, I know that not all files required by the drivers are listed by the .inf. These undocumented files are referenced by the .dll and I don't know how you'd detect/grab those.

Scanning for [SourceDisksFiles] referenced files will get you 100% of the drivers for roughly 90% of the makers, but not all.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Driver Grabber Parses the [DestinationDirs] section which points to the paths and files that are needed. It does this before checking the sorcedisksfiles sections.

This is the first I've heard of the dll's possibly holding info about files. I'm interested in finding out how this would be done. If anyone has some tips I'd really like to figure this one out.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 pm

In the meantime, if anyone can suggest an alternate driver grabber I can try that works in Win7 that can grab the drivers for my IP installed printers, that would be great. If I can verify that any work correctly, then perhaps Siginet can adapt whatever method or tricks that they use in his own program. I'd be happy to do any testing that might be useful. The older version that works for user_hidden will not run on Win7, unless he's using a version that I'm not aware of.

Cheers and Regards

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

bphlpt wrote: The older version that works for user_hidden will not run on Win7, unless he's using a version that I'm not aware of.

Cheers and Regards
here is where you can get v0.5.1 - and YES it work under Win7 just 'right click file' and "run as administrator"

http://majorgeeks.com/DriverGrabber_d5596.html

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm

That is the version, and from the source, I tried, and I did "run as administrator". Let me clarify. The exact error I got was:
cmd.exe - Machine Type Mismatch <-- This was the error window heading

The Image file
C:\Users\MARYAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DGBR\dev.exe is valid but it is for a machine type other than the current machine.
Maybe it's a x64 issue? (This is being run on Win7 x64)

Anyone have any other suggestions of what I might try?

Cheers and Regards

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm

bphlpt wrote:That is the version, and from the source, I tried, and I did "run as administrator". Let me clarify. The exact error I got was:
cmd.exe - Machine Type Mismatch <-- This was the error window heading

The Image file
C:\Users\MARYAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DGBR\dev.exe is valid but it is for a machine type other than the current machine.
Maybe it's a x64 issue? (This is being run on Win7 x64)

Anyone have any other suggestions of what I might try?

Cheers and Regards
Siginet would have to answer that.

however i do know that Devcon for x86 and x64 are packed in DriveGrabber and when the OSarch is checked the proper one
is renamed to Dev.exe and executed.

my test run for DriveGrabber 0.5 was Win7 x86 32bit

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm

This is the latest one that works on x64 and uses devcon x86/x64:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Dr ... 70699160/1
DriverGrabber v1.0 RC4
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks Siginet. That ran correctly, but if didn't pick up the printer drivers either. Any other suggestions of a driver grabber of any kind that I might could try?

Cheers and Regards

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 am

I didn't think it would work. Since Devcon seems to only Grab drivers that are currently in use. It being a networked driver it's not actually attached to the computer.

I'm not sure how exactly your printer is installed that would make it so drivergrabber 2.0 can not get it. I know I have a network installed Canon printer that DriverGrabber seems to backup fine.

If you can search through your Windows\inf directory... you may be able to find the inf file to the printer. Then we could maybe troubleshoot from there.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 am

any news ?