Welcome to Windows XP Service Pack 4

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:11 pm

bphlpt wrote:With the speeds and sizes of today's CPU's, drives, and memory, you just don't get the benefit of gutting an OS as you used to. I agree with GH0st that installing the complete updated OS, then disabling the components and services you don't need, results in the most stable and compatible OS with the fewest problems. I sincerely doubt you will notice any speed difference compared to a gutted OS.

Cheers and Regards
This is true and I fully agree! Fact is, with my computer hardware, I am CONSIDERABLY FASTER using the uSP4, with no removal, no tweaks, ect. Then doing things the old way, gutting and such. CONSIDERABLY! Then to have no issues with errors and glitches caused by the gutting. I'm happier in the end. XP is also happier, as my event viewer is clean! It took me a long time to learn this and get used to it though, as I used to think as they still do.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:04 pm

^ so I just copy the contents from the "4GB_PATCH" folder to the i386 folder before creating the final ISO ??

What's the 'sp3' & 'drivers' rar files for ?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:55 pm

I don't know, I do use the 4GB patch, the OC folder I do, like it alot

prabocor rajasa

Post by prabocor rajasa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 pm

it's me that requested pae patch :) so glad that harkaz keep it up. With it you wont worry using dozen tabs in all modern browser (1 tab per process). Unlike 64bit Windows You wont worry getting out of memory because most normal 32bit app will died around allocating around 3GB (in case they are misbehaving) before bring down he entire system. Imagine if it was 64bit app on 64bit OS wih only 8GB ram? YOUR WINDOWS WILL FREEZE TO DEATH! haha

If you use FBWF/EWF with this patch, your XP will turned to REALTIME OS / Superfast LIVE OS lol

_4js_

Post by _4js_ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:41 am

i want to try FBWF with the PAE patch in usp4 v3.1, but no working links for XPeSP2FeaturePack2007.iso found
tried to find dl links for XPEFP2007.exe, also not successful
could anybody share a DL link to these files (at least fbwf.sys-fbwfdll.dll-fbwflib.dll-fbwfmgr.exe)

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:57 am

_4js_ wrote:i want to try FBWF with the PAE patch in usp4 v3.1, but no working links for XPeSP2FeaturePack2007.iso found
tried to find dl links for XPEFP2007.exe, also not successful
could anybody share a DL link to these files (at least fbwf.sys-fbwfdll.dll-fbwflib.dll-fbwfmgr.exe)
okay pleasewait i will upload it when i will go to my village house may be in 24 february . One cd of mine contain featurepack 2007

_4js_

Post by _4js_ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:04 am

that sounds great Dibya, thx
will wait patiently, also for uSP4 v 3.1
i agree with harkaz that it should be perfect cause its the final release
and good luck for the exams harkaz

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:51 am

GH0st wrote:I don't know, I do use the 4GB patch, the OC folder I do, like it alot
Can you maybe explain what each folder under OC does & why it may be needed .... or alternatively if it has already been discussed point me to a link ??

Thanks in advance :wink:

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:32 am

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:
GH0st wrote:I don't know, I do use the 4GB patch, the OC folder I do, like it alot
Can you maybe explain what each folder under OC does & why it may be needed .... or alternatively if it has already been discussed point me to a link ??
It has not been discussed yet. I too wondered what each thing was and had to google each. The abbreviated names are hard to figure out, until you google them. They just give you the ability to change certain things from being installed/active. For instant ...

by default .NET 3.5 is installed ... by cut/pasting the "NETFX35-OFF" it wont be. You should also use the "XPSSVCS-OFF" option same time, they go together.

You can easily google each one, to figure out whats getting turned on/off.

For my next install, Im going to have .NET 2.0 + 4.0 installed and most the other options turned OFF, cause I deselect them upon first boot anyway, as I don't normally use BitLocker so by deploying "BLTG-OFF", turns it off.

Code: Select all

BLTG-OFF ........... Turns BitLocker to Go reader, off

IEACCESS-OFF ....... Access to IE, with in your user account, off

MSXML40-OFF ........ Turns MSXML 4.0, off

NETFX11-ON ......... .NET 1.1 set to be installed

NETFX35-OFF ........ .NET 3.5 default is on, this sets it to be NOT installed

NETFX40-ON ......... .NET 4.0 set to be installed

PWRSHELL-ON ........ PowerShell 2.0 set to be installed

WDSEARCH-ON ........ Windows Search 4.0 set to be installed

WINRMC-OFF ......... Windows Rights Management Client, off

WMPOCM-OFF ......... Windows Media Player, off

XPSSVCS-OFF ........ XPS Services, off, goes with .NET 3.5
Edit: To add list, for easier understanding of the abbreviations used in OC-PATCHES folder
Last edited by GH0st on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:12 pm

FINAL RELEASE: Windows XP Unofficial SP4 Version 3.1a is now ready!

Version 3.1a fixes a small glitch with an empty 'Documents' folder created in C:\ drive during CD-ROM install.

What's changed in this release:

- DxDiag registry errors have been fixed.
- Live installation: Fixed problematic inf files when installed on top of N, KN SP3 builds of Windows XP.
- Fixed the "Show desktop" icon not showing up glitch. (It was not fixed by the method mentioned by Kurt_aust, but I found another way)
- Proper integration of the latest time zone update
- Some system files checked by WGA-related tools like Productkey update tool are now digitally signed by 'Windows Component Publisher'
- 4GB patches PE checksum have been fixed. New OC-PATCHES files for v3.1
- Some other minor fixes.

The final bit of XP SP4 will be the MUI package for v3.1a. Expect this rather soon.

From now on, other users may continue supporting and improving this project. I want to thank everyone for their support and assistance all these years. I feel I have done my part.
Last edited by harkaz on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Thank you so much Harkaz! We really do appreciate the work you do and the chance to help, as best we can!

Been a lot of fun!!
Last edited by GH0st on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:21 pm

No /pae switch is required for the 4GB patch. Just copy-paste. The cab files contain the modified kernel files and drivers.

The OC-patches subfolder changes the default install state of each component it points to. GH0st explained it very well.

You can of continue keeping this thread alive for anything SP4-related, including customizations/update packs, etc. I may be around here sometimes, but don't expect me to be constantly available.

The product key tool may not work that well, but you may find some information in the readme I included.

The SP4v3 files will finish uplaoding in a while

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks for your Herculean efforts, harkaz. :)

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 pm

5eraph wrote:Thanks for your Herculean efforts, harkaz. :)
HERCULEAN is a good word here. The brain power it took and dedication, to work through each problem one by one. While also going to Medical School, is just an amazing ability!

What ever you specialize in as a Doctor, you will be World Class, just cause your dedication and ability to figure it out!!!!

Thank you again!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Herculean is also a reference to Greek mythology (Heracles), where harkaz is located. ;)

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:03 am

Thank you harkaz

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:44 am

Thanks a Mil ;)

EDIT: @ harkaz

Could you maybe elaborate on the 'drivers' & 'sp3' files as asked in THIS post ?

Mirza

Post by Mirza » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 am

Thanks harkaz for keeping Win XP alive . You can teach me some coding right ? :D

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 am

Ok, so my first attempt with v3.1 was not successful ... see image ... it's stuck on this screen just before actually showing the desktop ?
Even forcing a restart get me back to the same. :(
I will redo everything & start again.

tipoole

Post by tipoole » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 am

running 3 different nlited versions in virtual box and ran several before.no issues yet

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Thank you all, once again. :) Without your support and the brilliant update packs already available in this forum, I wouldn't be able to complete this project.

@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW The sp3.cab, drivers.cab contain the ntkr*.exe files and the usb*.sys files.

I'm sorry about your issue, I cannot reproduce it. Start the integration again and be careful of the customizations you apply to the ISO. Some apps, when run at T13 may break IE installation, because they remove a registry key responsible for IE8 file update at first reboot after GUI setup (The GUI setup uses IE6 files for maximum compatibility with all installation scenarios, including Win9x/NT/2000 Upgrade installs).

@Mirza I could have written a book based on my experience, but unfortunately there is no time for that.
I cannot teach you like an IT pro could, but you need to be careful with the following:

-Carefully examine the structure of the INF file and understand its role in the setup process.
-Understand what each section means and its proper syntax (copy-paste is helpful here). Also watch my comments in the source code and the INF files to understand it a bit more.
-Delve deeper in how Windows Setup works. Google is your friend.
-Try to reverse-engineer existing patched files by comparing a patched file with an unpatched file of the same version. Apply the patch logic to a similar file of a different language or version.
-Try to imagine how a modification in INF files will work in different installation scenarios. To do this, you have to become familiar with them first and understand what could be different in each situation (i.e. live install, sysprep/WIM-based install, CD-ROM-based install, etc).
- Digitally signing files: Understand how catalog files work and which files must be signed by Microsoft Windows Component Publisher i.e RDP, WMP11, WMI, ntoskrnl.exe, etc.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:41 pm

XP SP4 MUI ISO is being uploaded right now.
It will be available in a few hours.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:53 pm

ok, as always, I started with WinXP Pro (sp0), slipstreamed uSP4-v3.1 using nLite. Also added my Intel Inf driver pack, then made a ISO. Just prior to making ISO, I selected options from the "OC-Patches 3.1".

- BLTG-OFF, MSXML40-OFF, NETFX35-OFF, XPSSVCS-OFF, WINRMC-OFF, WMPOCM-OFF and lastly NETFX40-ON

I chose these options cause most I don't need. I do need .Net 2.0 and 4.0 because my video card wants .Net 4.0 installed for the control panel GUI.

During OS install, I saw .Net 4.0 get installed and optimize itself properly! It was a quick install! There was no errors (red marks) in Event Viewer, 7 warnings (yellow marks) regarding .Net. This is an improvement over past versions. Super smooth.

When going to MS Update, it did offer me A LOT of updates for .Net 3.0 and .NET 3.5. Remember I did not chose to install the .Net 3.5 during OS install, but these were just security updates from MS. So I selected them to be updated. I did download them and MS update tried to install them and they ALL FAILED. I did not count how many there were, but was a lot of them. This may not be an issue, cause I don't have .Net 3.5 installed but thought it should be pointed out!

The DirectX issues have all been fixed, no errors noted, all seems to run just fine. I do see that DX for Managed Codes was not installed this time, so I'm assuming this was the problem with last install. No worries, as 99% of peeps have no need for that!

There was a weird FOLDER added to the C:\ drive. Normally when viewing "C" your eyes will see "Documents and Settings", "Program Files" and "Windows" ... this install there was an additional folder named "Documents". Nothing in it, so I deleted it, has not come back so far.

My review of security settings, firewall and other wise, shows perfection!

Last install (v3.0) I did get the "Shell Light-weight Utility" from MS Update, with no problems. This time I am choosing to not install it, with no problems. Must note, I have NEVER had a problem with the Light Weight Shell API.

The Show Desktop was present in Quick Launch, though I have NEVER had a problem with it not being there. Then I deleted it, as I always do!

My desktop resolution was CRAZY low setting upon first boot, was 640x480, or possibly even lower. Was really Extreme, never had this problem before. Normally on first boot, windows will have a pop-up offering to adjust the resolution to like 800x600 but this did NOT occur on this install! Normally the trash can can be manipulated, but the resolution at first boot was so low, that the trash can was off screen. I manually adjust resolution, no problems since!

I still have my ISO, should Harkaz want me to upload it to him some how, so he can try it locally to him. Should any of these issues be hard to find.

I am half way done with my install, its really light, small foot print (Ram/PF), really fast, tight, tight, tight. I like it a lot and am thinking that I will KEEP this install for some time now. Feels great!!

Office 2003 installed, updated, no problems!

Thank You Harkaz for all your hard work!

Ok, I'm done editing this post now! ~GH0st
Last edited by GH0st on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stormit

Hi harkaz Thanks for XP-SP4

Post by Stormit » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi harkaz I would just like to Thank You for all of your hard work and time. Thanks Again :D

Hi harkaz: I did a live install.

1. My IE8 icons were removed from menu, also from quick launch my System, IE8, control panel icons were removed. The IE8 icons on the top menu were with the wrong path, the old style icon.

2. Also it changed the Flash version to an older one.

3. Why was Power Shell 2.0 and .Net 4.0 not auto installed, these boxes were not checked in the system add remove options.

4. Allot of Windows Firewall settings were added. But I don't use it.

5. Good news when I checked windows update there was not any needed. After a reboot this update came up KB2926765 thats it.

This is all that I see so far. :wink:

Edit: Small things I know, Thanks for all of your hard work and best luck to you. :D
Last edited by Stormit on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Data

Post by Data » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:45 am

Hi harkaz, thanks of all the hard work you’ve put into this. XP SP4 feels very fast. I did notice a software compatibility issue though.

I was trying to do a full install of Visual C# 2010 Express but it gives an error during the install that:
Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express has been installed.
However, some optional components could not be installed.

Setup could not install the following component:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Service Pack 1 (x86)
The error message seems accurate since the Visual C# 2010 Express IDE itself works, but checking the file size of the Microsoft SQL Server folder in C:\Program Files\ shows it's only 452 MB on disk instead of the proper 516 MB in a Windows XP SP3 setup so Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 didn’t fully install. This probably doesn't affect enough people to be worth a lot of time investigating unless there's an easy fix or you think it's a symptom of a broader issue. I just wanted to document it here.

This was a fresh install of XP SP4 v3.1 slipstreamed into a XP Pro SP3 image using nLite with NETFX11-ON, NETFX40-ON, and PWRSHELL-ON and no other changes. After OS install, I then mounted the Visual Studio 2010 Express image provided by Microsoft below, and selected to install Visual C# 2010 Express with the Silverlight and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 options checked which is the default.

https://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9709969

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:26 am

Update: Created a new ISO ...

1. Integrated SP4 via nLite
2. Extracted 4GB Patches to i384 folder (omitted OC-Patches)
3. Imported Drivers with DriverPacks Base (Chipset/Lan/WLan/Mass Storage)
4. Created ISO with nLite (Didn't tweak or delete anything) ± 1081MB

The install went perfect. - Only drivers needed is Video + Audio.
Event Viewer was clear of any red errors.
Also found an empty folder call "Documents" under local disk(C)
Quick Launch is perfect - Thanks
First boot resolution was 800x600 as I did get the pop-up that GH0st didn't ??

Will Keep on Testing.
Once again Thanks!

;)

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 am

@Data This is a known issue with .NET Framework 4.0 being installed during Windows Setup. I will edit the OC-PATCHES so that NETFX40-ON is no longer available.

To avoid problems I recommend using the default .NET configuration. I won't help you with any other configs: you're at your own risk.
The C:\Documents glitch must by a side-effect of the redundant mkdir command that is run during T13.
Although it's trivial I will release 3.1a to fix just this glitch.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 am

I have not faced single problem with vs2010 with normal confing.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:38 pm

harkaz wrote:@Data This is a known issue with .NET Framework 4.0 being installed during Windows Setup. I will edit the OC-PATCHES so that NETFX40-ON is no longer available.

To avoid problems I recommend using the default .NET configuration. I won't help you with any other configs: you're at your own risk.
The C:\Documents glitch must by a side-effect of the redundant mkdir command that is run during T13.
Although it's trivial I will release 3.1a to fix just this glitch.
Agreed! I have decided to do another install, this time keeping net 2,3 then install 4. Its not that big a deal to install after OS install, and keeps a clean install of everything.

So, I will stop installing stuff, wait to do another install with v3.1a

Edit: To add, guess I don't need to wait for "a" patch version, just one glitch ... fix it myself with a Delete. Just do another install with out modifing .net stuff, let it install itself the way Harkaz has it set, its worked for the best ... but, might be wise to test the "a" version too. ?wait?

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:39 pm

v3.1a is being uploaded right now, along with a fixed MUI ISO and the new patches zip. They will all be available by tomorrow.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:02 pm

I will check back, and do a fresh install with the new stuff is available, Thanks again!

Acheron

Post by Acheron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm

I have not tested latest XP SP4 service pack, as currently this Service Pack only supports the English language, but I do know how to install .NET Framework 4.0 properly during Windows Setup (T13) by setting

SystemSetupInProgress to zero.

This is needed to enable SxS DLL redirection to load the proper dlls to install .NET 4.0

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... 91694.aspx

i have added the following command to cmdlines.txt which is loaded at T13:

[COMMANDS]
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\shell.inf,EnableSXSRedirection,1"
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\shell.inf,FixQuickLaunch,1"
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\runonceex1.inf,RunOnceEx1,1"
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\runonceex2.inf,RunOnceEx2,1"
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\shell.inf,,1"
shell.inf

[EnableSXSRedirection]
AddReg               = EnableSXSRedirection.AddReg

[EnableSXSRedirection.AddReg]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\Setup","SystemSetupInProgress",0x10001,0
As you see I disable the SystemSetupInProgress for all software at T13. Other software that depends on .NET or VC++ runtimes also need the SXS DLL redirection to work during setup.
You don't have to change it back to 1 as mentioned in the blog article.

To install .NET 3.0 during setup I also encountered the following issue:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/131332- ... try1060216

Deleting the too soon created LocalService profile is indeed the correct solution.

Applying these two workarounds is all that is needed for a successful .NET installation. The Windows Event log does not contain any errors and only the exact same warnings as when installed the .NET Framework after setup.

Here is my .NET installation script.

runonceex1.inf

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"

[RunOnceEx1]
AddReg               = RunOnceEx1.AddReg
RunPostSetupCommands = RunOnceEx1.Install:1

[RunOnceEx1.AddReg]
;System components
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%","title",0x0,"%RUNONCEEX_TITLE%"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\001",,0x0,"Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\001","1",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Microsoft .NET Framework\install.inf,NETFX20,1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\002",,0x0,"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\002","1",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Microsoft .NET Framework\install.inf,NETFX30,1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\003",,0x0,"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\003","1",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Microsoft .NET Framework\install.inf,NETFX35,1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\004",,0x0,"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\004","1",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Microsoft .NET Framework\install.inf,NETFX40,1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\004","2",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Microsoft .NET Framework\install.inf,NGEN,1"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\004","3",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 %53%\..\LocalService"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\005",,0x0,"Oracle Java 8.0 update 72"
HKLM,"%RUNONCEEX_KEY%\005","1",0x0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %01%\Install\Oracle Java\install.inf,,1"

[RunOnceEx1.Install]
;Launch RunOnceEx installer
"rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess"

[Strings]
RUNONCEEX_TITLE="Installatie van software"
RUNONCEEX_KEY="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx"
install.inf

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"

[DefaultInstall]
RunPreSetupCommands = NetFX20.Install:1,NETFX30.Install:1,NETFX35.Install:1,NETFX40.Install:1

[NETFX20]
RunPreSetupCommands = NETFX20.Install:1

[NETFX30]
RunPreSetupCommands = NETFX30.Install:1

[NETFX35]
RunPreSetupCommands = NETFX35.Install:1

[NETFX40]
RunPreSetupCommands = NETFX40.Install:1

[NGEN]
RunPreSetupCommands = NGEN.ExecuteQueuedItems:1

[NETFX20.Install]
;Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX20SP2_x86.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 dutch language pack
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX20SP2_x86_nld.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"

[NETFX30.Install]
;Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX30SP2_x86.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 dutch language pack
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX30SP2_x86_nld.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"

[NETFX35.Install]
;Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX35SP1_x86.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 dutch language pack
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX35SP1_x86_nld.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"

[NETFX40.Install]
;Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Core
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX40_core_x86.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1 NONGEN=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Core dutch language pack
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX40_core_x86_nld.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Extended
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX40_extended_x86.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1 NONGEN=1"
;Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Extended dutch language pack
"msiexec /i ""%01%\NetFX40_extended_x86_nld.msi"" /qn ALLUSERS=1"
;KB2468871 Windows Update fix
"msiexec /p ""%01%\KB2468871-v2-x86.msp"" /qn"

[NGEN.ExecuteQueuedItems]
"""%10%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe"" executeQueuedItems"

Data

Post by Data » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:34 am

harkaz wrote:@Data This is a known issue with .NET Framework 4.0 being installed during Windows Setup. I will edit the OC-PATCHES so that NETFX40-ON is no longer available.

I reinstalled XP SP4 v3.1 without OC-PATCHES and enabled .NET 4.0 after install and that indeed solved the problem. Visual C# 2010 Express and SQL Server 2008 Express installed perfectly. Thank you.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:38 am

Data wrote:I reinstalled XP SP4 v3.1 without OC-PATCHES and enabled .NET 4.0 after install and that indeed solved the problem. Visual C# 2010 Express and SQL Server 2008 Express installed perfectly. Thank you.
Congrats!

My next install, as soon as v3.1a uploads, I will do just a default install too. It works to perfection, just going to forget the OC-Patches. Default install is best!

Kurt_Aust

Post by Kurt_Aust » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:07 am

If you remove the option to install .Net 4.0 at setup rather than going with Acheron's fix, is there a way to install/activate .Net 4.0 from the command line?

I don't really care when it installs, but I would like to be able to automatically activate it.

prabocor rajasa

Post by prabocor rajasa » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 am

@harkaz do you have suggestion regarding NeverShowExt flag in HKCR that often exploited by malware maker? maybe remove them all? Of course this should imply that explorer always show file extension too.

BTW it's unbelievable that XP would supported until less than a year before windows 7 EOL. :))

prabocor rajasa

Post by prabocor rajasa » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:37 am

^Ahh i guess it's too late... I also want to suggest bundling MS LUA Principle white paper and put it on desktop/startmenu

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 am

Update2:

Once again I'm reloading, as I found I couldn't access any external connected USB flash or HDD.
As soon as you hover the pointer over any of the files on said drive, the hour-glass would pop-up and would spin for hours on end. The whole machine gets extremely slow even with 8GB ram and the only way to regain control is to "hard-boot"
This is on actual hardware (live) and not a VM. If it happens again whit the new install, I'll go back and re-create a new ISO. ;)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:36 am

@harkaz, I really hope you will implement Acheron's fix to install .NET "correctly" @ T13. Though many folks want a slimmed XP with only the minimum .NET installed, I think there are probably more that want all versions installed and up to date, either because of other software they will be installing, or whatever, and that approach does seem to be in keeping with the spirit of an Xp SP4 with POSReady, 4GB patched, etc. And you do want it perfect after all. I for one am willing to wait just a little bit longer if necessary.

Cheers and Regards

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 am

@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW Please retry with a new ISO but use the original XP (not Server 2003) USB drivers and use only the Server 2003 usbport.sys. Replace all respective compressed files in I386 and rebuild driver.cab with cabarc.

@bphlpt You can safely disable .NET FW 3.5 during setup, if you want. For the other .NET items, including powershell you should run a sysocmgr.exe command at runonce with an answer file and auto-reboot before user logon.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/222444

EDIT: Fixed link.

There are some other issues with multiple .NET installation during Windows setup, even if .NET 4.0 is not installed. I have noticed a changed behavior with the "Owner" account login in Windows XP Home edition. You will not be able to login to the built-in Owner account if you install multiple .NETs during Windows Setup.
Last edited by harkaz on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:09 am

harkaz wrote:@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW Please retry with a new ISO but use the original XP (not Server 2003) USB drivers and use only the Server 2003 usbport.sys. Replace all respective compressed files in I386 and rebuild driver.cab with cabarc.
I don't understand 100%
What original XP USB drivers ... Like I said in THIS POST I import drivers from driverspack.net .... would the USB drivers be part of the chipset package ?
I've used the exact same drivers with SP4v3 & didn't have usb problems ... why would v3.1 now have issues with the drivers pack ??
Sorry, I'm confused :?

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 am

If you've used the patch in the past without problems, then please retry rebuilding the ISO. Forget what I told you in the last post. There are no changes in 3.1 in the patches themselves.
Last edited by harkaz on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

prabocor rajasa

Post by prabocor rajasa » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:33 am

@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW USB (2.0) is part of Windows and 4GB patch is known to have compatibility issue with some drivers (which originally only XPSP1 driver and 2003 driver that might comply this 36bit extended memory addressing)

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:59 am

Kurt_Aust wrote:If you remove the option to install .Net 4.0 at setup rather than going with Acheron's fix, is there a way to install/activate .Net 4.0 from the command line?

I don't really care when it installs, but I would like to be able to automatically activate it.
Best to do a default install. Once you have booted for first time, than go to "Add or Remove Programs" --> "Add/Remove Windows Components", in here you can place a CHECK MARK in .NET Framework 4.0, which will properly install 4.0. There is also options for 1.1 and 3.5 present. By default 2.0 and 3.5 are already installed.

There is something to be said about putting them all in, allowing them to OPTIMIZE them selves (Harkas's installation does it fully), so you got them all, installed, updated, optimized ... this leads to perfection

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 am

@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW
Try this driver packs :: latest ones
Mastorage:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6622
CHIPSET:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6623&p=3
*scroll little bit down for required latest version
LAN:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6663
WLAN:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6744
USB(for 3rdparty folder):: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6664&p=2
Those usb**.sys driver are universal usb driver from ms , althought chipset pack contain only 3.0 usb drivers they should not cause any problem .

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:42 pm

I still don't see uSP4-v3.1a ... so guessing Harkaz had a new ideas to try out

Kurt_Aust

Post by Kurt_Aust » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Seeing as the online documentation for sysocmgr could generously be described as poor, here is how to automatically install .Net 4.0 on first system boot.

I added the following commands to nLite's RunOnce

%SystemRoot%\System32\sysocmgr.exe /i:%SystemRoot%\inf\sysoc.inf /u:%Source%RunOnce\dotNET40.txt
Ping -n 11 127.0.0.1 > nul
%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe executequeueditems
where %Source%RunOnce\dotNET40.txt cotains

[Components]
Netfx40=On
These are the component options available (=On or =Off, no change if not included)

ZoneGames = Accessories and Utilities \ Games\ Internet Games
BLTG = Bitlocker to Go Reader
Fax = Fax Services
IndexSrv_System = Indexing Service
IEAccess = Internet Explorer 8
fp_extensions = IIS \ FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
Netfx11 = Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Netfx35 = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Netfx40 = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
MSXML40 = Microsoft MSXML 4.0 SP3
msnexplr = MSN Explorer
OEAccess = Outlook Express
RootAutoUpdate = Update Root Certificates
WGANotify = Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications
WMPOCM = Windows Media Player 11
pwrshell = Windows PowerShell 2.0
wrmc = Windows Rights Management Client
WDSearch = Windows Search 4.0
xpssvcs = XPS Services
Unfortunately not everything is available, in particular the network related items are missing

Management and Monitoring Tools
Networking Services
Other Network File and Print Services

Stormit

Post by Stormit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi harkaz I would just like to Thank You for all of your hard work and time. Thanks Again :D

If you did not know already SP4-3.1a is out. :wink:

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:24 am

GH0st wrote:
Mirza wrote:The v3.1 will be a self patching file or a new installer? Already download both patch and v3 installer.
My understanding is, it will be a whole new installer, called uSP4_v3.1
This is just a test as I could not get page33 to display :?

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:40 am

Dibya wrote:@=[FEAR]=JIGSAW
Try this driver packs :: latest ones
Mastorage:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6622
CHIPSET:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6623&p=3
*scroll little bit down for required latest version
LAN:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6663
WLAN:: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6744
USB(for 3rdparty folder):: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6664&p=2
Those usb**.sys driver are universal usb driver from ms , althought chipset pack contain only 3.0 usb drivers they should not cause any problem .
How does those differ from these > http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/windows/xp/x86 ??

It's difficult to find exactly what the latest is in those links :(

EDIT: Ok, looks like i got them all ;)