Welcome to Windows XP Service Pack 4

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
Mirza

Post by Mirza » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 am

Ok...give links to guide.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:02 am

Mirza wrote:Ok...give links to guide.
*** I may come back and edit/add more ***

nLite Reference Guide There are many options in nLite, only use the slipstreaming and ISO part.

nLite FAQ

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 am

@ GH0st

The problem I'm having is when the chipset drivers (Intel inf) installs, it updates what I think is called "usb2.0 host controller something or other" - a couple of them in fact.
If I don't touch the usb ports everything seems fine, but as soon as I connect an external flash/drive it causes the whole machine to freese.
I would therefor like to install everything else included inside the chipset drivers but omit the usb stuff as the ports works fine without it.

No matter when these usb drivers are installed (intergrated, during install, post install) they don't want to operate with the RAM patch.

without the RAMpatch the drivers work fine (no freesing)
... and without the drivers the patch works great.
.... it's almost like the 2 are not compatible
..... but it weird that I'm the only one on Intel chip with this problem :(

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 pm

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:The problem I'm having is when the chipset drivers (Intel inf) installs, it updates what I think is called "usb2.0 host controller something or other" - a couple of them in fact ....

No matter when these usb drivers are installed (intergrated, during install, post install) they don't want to operate with the RAM patch ...
Lets try this first DriveCleanUp its a neat little tool, to wipe away every device that is USB ... reboot, try again.

If that doesn't fix it then, why not go into the device manager and try to install the STANDARD UNIVERSAL driver?

This means you need to select each and every USB item listed (use DriveCleanUp first), mine says Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller 2934 (and other numbers at end), right click, properties, Drivers tab, Update Driver button, Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Don't search, I will choose the driver to install ... doing this will let you choose the STANDARD UNIVERSAL version of drivers in the Drivers.cab ... this may be what you want!!!!!

This will give you the latest Intel Inf drivers on all other devices but the Standard Universal drivers on the USB's, giving you the better compatibility that these drivers are designed for. Performance might not be as good/fast, but compatibility should be high.

Also, keep the DriveCleanUp tool around, its best to wipe the list from time to time. Its a nice tool in the arsenal!

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:28 pm

XP Clean install takes less space on the HDD.
The SP4 installer copies files to the ServicePackFiles directory to enable proper SFC/OC Manager operation without the need to insert XP SP4 slipstramed media.

The CD-ROM installer does not install .NET Framework 1.1 by default, saving even more space.

PROBLEMCHYLD

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:42 pm

I have found a small but. I use Windows Picture and Fax viewer for slideshows. When ever I click always open with and check the box, it does not remember my preference.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:47 pm

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:I have found a small but. I use Windows Picture and Fax viewer for slideshows. When ever I click always open with and check the box, it does not remember my preference.
I use the same program, same reasons. But I do not have this issue, suspect it may be related to some CLEANING tool used, which cleans the preferences

PROBLEMCHYLD

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:25 pm

I just had to right click the file, click properties and change open with. It was already set to Windows Pic and Fax, but was not remembering my preference. All is fine now. Thanks for a great package. I don't know what caused it but everything is working as normal.

Stormit

Post by Stormit » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:11 pm

PS: These files are only available through the link on this site.:wink:

Anthony21

Post by Anthony21 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:23 am

finnaly testing out 3.1a update, not sure if I mention this sometime last year or not, but i do get this error through fusion vmware

Altho this could be an error being a Dell disk of media center, I will be testing with a dell pc next

Default music plays fine.

No other error came up. Using an iso, disk is still enabled of this iso in vmfusion.

edit:
What was that manual slipstream cmd? been away to far long, lol

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:53 am

For anyone interested in some original Retail ISOs with SP4 integrated, just search my Google+ profile.

No more information will be given to you here and don't send me PMs/mails. You will be ignored.
Last edited by harkaz on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 am

@Anthony21 /integrate switch

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:58 am

harkaz wrote:For anyone interested in some original Retail ISOs with SP4 integrated, just search my Google+ profile.

No more information will be given to you here and don't send me PMs/mails. You will be ignored.
Noted

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:00 am

@ GH0st

Thanks will look into DriveCleanUp and try the options mentioned ... just have to make some time first ;)

JMThomas

DVD Bruner broke after clean install with slip-streamed SP4

Post by JMThomas » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:25 pm

I had an XP SP3+ system working for many months, but I got to a point where some explorer shell extension problem made me decide to reinstall.

I took a XP volume license CD at the SP2 level, slip-streamed in SP4, created an ISO file, burned it to a DVD, booted up, and reinstalled XP Pro 32.

Key point: my DVD burner was working fine before the install.

I then installed the Intel drivers for my chip set and graphics. All was well, including reading CDs and DVDs. I used the system for a couple of days, and then decided to burn another copy of the DVD image, and surprise, my DVD would not burn any DVDs.

I'm an ImgBurn user, so I open a post in the ImgBurn form asking for people to look at my configuration. The conclusion of the ImgBurn developer was that a command to the drive is being rejected by the operation system.

Elaborate Bytes and Nero V9 also encounter the same problem.

I have two drives (NEC & Lite-ON).
  • Each can read CDs and DVDs.
  • Neither can write DVDs.
  • They can write CDs.
There's a lot of technical info in the referenced ImgBurn forum.

Has anyone encountered something similar?

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:39 pm

I just tested ImgBurn in VMWare.

No problem burning CD/DVDs

May I recommend trying the clean ISO I offer in my Google+ account (Search my email har.kaz94@gmail.com). Although it won't accept your product key, it will help you exclude the ISO you've created from being the culprit.

mockingbird

Post by mockingbird » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:24 pm

harkaz wrote:First, integrate the main EXE file (WindowsXP-USP4-v3.1a-x86-ENU.exe) using the /integrate switch (or nLite) to a folder (e.g C:\XPPRO) containing the original CD-ROM directory structure.

Then MOVE the CMPNENTS dir, WIN51CD2 file to a different folder. Burn these 2 items to a not bootable CD-ROM using your favorite software. Label the disk as "Windows XP SP4 CD2".

Use nLite to burn the remnants of the working directory to a bootable 650 MB CD-ROM. This is the first disk.

You will prompted to insert Windows XP SP4 CD2 during Component installation at GUI-mode setup.
Thank you. This clears things up.

GH0st

Re: DVD Bruner broke after clean install with slip-streamed SP4

Post by GH0st » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:39 pm

JMThomas wrote: .... Has anyone encountered something similar?
No problems at all! I use Anyburn, free, like it alot!

You may want to look at your SERVICES, sounds to me like a service may be turned off/disabled. What does your EVENT VIEWER say?

Clear event viewer, all panels in there, then reboot, then try again, lets see what error messages show

EDIT to add: I just read alittle of your posts elsewhere, you say "I CAN create CDs. Just not DVDs."

This tells me that its not "IMAPI CD-Burning service", though continue to do what I said at top of this post, lets see what happens

Stormit

About ImgBurn

Post by Stormit » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:01 pm

PS: These files are only available through the link on this site.:)
Last edited by Stormit on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anthony21

Post by Anthony21 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Thx , Harkaz, no issues here using nlight, intregrating drivers now, this is such an awesome project.

And ya, the error is only from using VMware. Then I'll try it on a spare ssd on my pc using 16gb of ram. I probably in a bit to use your spare Windows xp than my dell cd to test the 4gb patch in receiving no error, how you integrate that patch? Or is that after Windows have been loaded on a pc?

tipoole

Post by tipoole » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:55 am

From what I've seen so far from trying harkaz integrated ram patch and dybias chinese localized after-os-install patch, more than 4 Gb ram without an x64 architecture will always result in errors here or there.In my case it was the sound card or driver.my xfi titanium pcie driver install would freeze with harkaz patch ,while with dibyas patch sound would break down after using more than 3.5 gb ram.programs are written for 32bit xp and when they are assigned in memory beyond the 4 GB boundary,expect them to go crazy.others might have more luck and not get any errors so it's worth to try it out and feel free to share if it works for you ;)
@anthony 21:after you have done all the integration and all tweaks in nlite,but right before you create the iso or burn to usb drive,copy all the files from the ram patch zip file to the "i386" folder .

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:53 am

@Everybody
most of mordern harware support 36 bit adressing also most mordern driver also follow same policy.

cuzinbob02

Post by cuzinbob02 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

I probably am not getting this again with some comments like I have 8 gigs or 16 gigs of ram so I do not want to install xp on this pc without the ram patch ...ect ect. Now I have 6 gigs of RAM in this pc and I do not have a problem at all with putting XP on here without any ram patch. It runs fine. No problem. When I try the ram patch I have problems. No good running with the ram patch applied.

JMThomas

Post by JMThomas » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:17 pm

harkaz wrote:I just tested ImgBurn in VMWare.

No problem burning CD/DVDs

May I recommend trying the clean ISO I offer in my Google+ account (Search my email har.kaz94@gmail.com). Although it won't accept your product key, it will help you exclude the ISO you've created from being the culprit.
I can't say which exactly, but there were some files missing from the DVD I built. They were on harkez's, and in the SP4 extracted folder, but slipstream missed putting them onto my DVD.

(When GUI setup asked for them, I aimed it at the SP4 expanded folder, where it found what it needed. Anyway, since setup seemed to find what it needed from the alternate location, I assumed the install went OK. Obviously, it didn't. The first file seemed to be a Windows Media player file, by it's name. Maybe there is something burner related buried inside MP instead of being carried with XP proper. Or maybe there was some configuration problem in the bowels of device enumeration.)

I took harkez's, used nlite to add my chipset drivers, etc. and then installed. Now imgburn works fine.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

JMThomas wrote: ... Or maybe there was some configuration problem in the bowels of device enumeration.)

I took harkez's, used nlite to add my chipset drivers, etc. and then installed. Now imgburn works fine.
Glad you got things working!

I noticed one time I had a IE issue, but since I had never run IE, it had not gone thru its normal set up procedure yet, once I did this, things were fine. Guessing my user account did not have IE associated with it till them, or something. This caused me to think you hit on something when you said, what is quoted above.

@Harkaz: I did find a problem yesterday, not reporting it yet, as I'm trying to work thru it ... but will report soon!

abel1

Post by abel1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello,
maybe someone can tell me what's the problem or point me in the right direction:

When applying (with administrator privileges, of course) "WindowsXP-USP4-v3.1a-x86-ENU.exe" as a Live Installation on a running system of Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, during or after the step "Updating the registry keys" I get the Service Pack 4 Setup Error "Access is denied." followed by "Service Pack 4 installation did not complete. Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly."

The Event Viewer shows for System: Event-ID 64004 / Windows Files Protection: "The protected system file wuaueng1.dll could not be restored to its original valid version. The file version of the bad file is 5.4.3790.5512 ..." (same Event-ID and message for wuauclt1.exe)

The log Files setupapi.log, updspapi.log and svcpack.log terminate with errors as given below:

[SetupAPI Log]
#I060 Set selected driver.
#I058 Selected best compatible driver.
#-124 Doing copy-only install of "ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_2\_1".
#E358 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\windows\inf\cpu.inf" for driver "Intel Processor" blocked (server install). Error 1168: Element not found.
#W187 Install failed, attempting to restore original files.
===============================================
[UpdSpAPI Log]
#E008 Setting registry value HKCR\Interface\{34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D}
#E033 Error 5: Access is denied.
#E065 Parsing AddReg section [IE.AdditionalSettings.AddReg] in "c:\7e35ba7cdc9f0a730b37f7cad65292\i386\update\update.inf" failed. Error 5: Access is denied.
#E064 Parsing install section [Conditional.Operation.IE.AdditionalSettings] in "c:\7e35ba7cdc9f0a730b37f7cad65292\i386\update\update.inf" failed. Error 5: Access is denied.
[svcpack.log]
579.734: AddExConditionalRegOperations: Error 0x5 loading section Conditional.Operation.IE.AdditionalSettings
579.734: DoRegistryUpdates: ExConditionalProcessRegOperations failed with error 0x5.
579.734: DoInstallation:DoRegistryUpdates failed
579.922: CleanupTrustedInfFile: GetFileAttributes for C:\windows\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\oem159.cat failed: 0x2
579.984: UnRegisterSpuninstForRecovery, failed to delete SpRecoverCmdLine value, error 0x2
579.984: DoInstallation: Failed to unregistering spuninst.exe for recovery.
579.984: Access is denied.
587.766: Message displayed to the user: Access is denied.
587.766: User Input: OK
587.766: Service Pack 4 installation did not complete.

Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly.
595.984: Message displayed to the user: Service Pack 4 installation did not complete.

Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly.
595.984: User Input: OK
595.984: Update.exe extended error code = 0x5
595.984: Update.exe return code was masked to 0x643 for MSI custom action compliance.

All administrator privileges for Windows File Protection seem ok. Any ideas?

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Check permissions for HKCR\Interface\{34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D} in regedit.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:53 am

GH0st wrote:Lets try this first DriveCleanUp its a neat little tool, to wipe away every device that is USB ... reboot, try again.

If that doesn't fix it then, why not go into the device manager and try to install the STANDARD UNIVERSAL driver?

This means you need to select each and every USB item listed (use DriveCleanUp first), mine says Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller 2934 (and other numbers at end), right click, properties, Drivers tab, Update Driver button, Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Don't search, I will choose the driver to install ... doing this will let you choose the STANDARD UNIVERSAL version of drivers in the Drivers.cab ... this may be what you want!!!!!

This will give you the latest Intel Inf drivers on all other devices but the Standard Universal drivers on the USB's, giving you the better compatibility that these drivers are designed for. Performance might not be as good/fast, but compatibility should be high.

Also, keep the DriveCleanUp tool around, its best to wipe the list from time to time. Its a nice tool in the arsenal!
Hi GH0st,
At last I had some time to do some testing ...
All the above did not help ... even after going back to the standard drivers, the flashdrive would freeze whole PC.

[edit] I must also say, that when the PC freezes, the light on the flashdrive keeps flashing non-stop, almost like windows is scanning the drive the whole time.?

Here's something else I pickep up ....
All USB connected keyboard & mouse works perfect, it's only when a USB flash/hdd gets connected that installs a "USB Mass Storage Device" that points to a driver obtained from Windows\system32\drivers\usbstor.sys that the problem starts.

Event Viewer gives this red error:

Code: Select all

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	LDMS
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	3023
Date:		2016/03/04
Time:		09:40:47
User:		N/A
Computer:	*****
Description:
The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device \\?\STORAGE#RemovableMedia#7&ac2848c&1&RM#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}. Win32 Error: 2.

:(

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 am

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:Here's something else I picked up ... All USB connected keyboard & mouse works perfect, it's only when a USB flash gets connected ...

Event Viewer gives this red error:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	LDMS
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	3023
Date:		2016/03/04
Time:		09:40:47
User:		N/A
Computer:	*****
Description:
The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device \\?\STORAGE#RemovableMedia#7&ac2848c&1&RM#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}. Win32 Error: 2.

:(
Do you have the SERVICE named "Logical Disk Manager" set to manuel or Auto? Mine is set to manual and works fine, though yours may need auto. If this is DISABLED, for some odd reason, this could cause your error!

Edit 1: That you also need your "Plug and Play" service set to AUTO, and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" set to AUTO as well. Check them, reset them, reboot

Edit 2: BlackVipers XP Service Guide is your friend, he can help you set your services so you run the least needed and safe. My system runs with 17 services which includes ESET NOD32. With no issues!

abel1

Post by abel1 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:35 am

harkaz wrote:Check permissions for HKCR\Interface\{34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D} in regedit.
Thanks, harkaz!
Curiously, permissions for "Administrators", which is owner, (and also for "Jeder" [= everybody]) were restricted to read only; "System" has full control. Eliminated "Jeder" and gave "Administrators" full permissions.

USP4 installation finished successfully after these changes.
Thanks again, harkaz, for this awesome work!
Last edited by abel1 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Row Row Row your boat ...

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:23 pm

SP4 users must delete this registry key to receive the latest WU updates:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded

Run WU check after doing so. Otherwise March 2016 updates won't show up.

A new 3.1b version will be released just to fix this.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 am

Thanks, hold off release of 3.1b, so I can post something ... potential problem, that might need a fix that could be included

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:32 am

NameBench 1.3.1

Running "NameBench" in other installs has always worked, latest install, it does not run, has errors ... which may be because of uSP4-3.1a

Namebench Error Gif

When I try to run this it says there is an error from IE. Screen shot above

I did turn off Eset NOD32 and also uninstalled Cryptoprevent, in case they were causing issues here, but no changes. Not sure if this is a issue worth working on or not. Just something that popped up.

Edit: To add, that it appears cleaning the Browsing History in IE, causes this error ... so not a real issue at all!
Last edited by GH0st on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 am

Thanks for the WU fix, harkaz. :-)

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 am

@GH0st Make sure that IE8 saves history. I had history disabled (latest cumulative update installed) and the same issue occurred. When I enable it, the message does not appear. Also tried after uninstalling all the latest cumulative updates.

3.1b coming soon.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 am

harkaz wrote:@GH0st Make sure that IE8 saves history. I had history disabled (latest cumulative update installed) and the same issue occurred. When I enable it, the message does not appear. Also tried after uninstalling all the latest cumulative updates.

3.1b coming soon.
Bingo!!!!!! OK, so not an issue at all, as I clean cache, delete it all, use Chromium (SRWare Iron) for my daily use!

Edit: I stopped sharing the torrent, waiting for the next update and guessing you will have to make a new Magnetic Link for this new torrent, then I will share again. When you made the last mag-link, someone noticed there was differences in dates of files and such. Making me think that the latest of stuff was not in the torrent ... might we update to the latest/newest!
Last edited by GH0st on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 am

COMPONENTS_REFERENCE.PDF in the torrent is older than on Google Drive. The differences are minimal.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:18 pm

New version torrent:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8E6110BEA5612725BB4567A7EA14819C3A526DFC&dn=Windows%20XP%20Unofficial%20SP4%20Final&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.kicks-ass.net%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.mg64.net%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.mg64.net%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce
GDrive will be updated soon.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Changes in v3.1b:

This extra release is intended for new live/CD-ROM installations only. It removes the Windows XP Embedded SP3 registry information, so that users can continue receiving updates from Windows Update.

If you're using v3.1a or earlier, just follow the steps described in the first post to remove the specific registry key and you will continue receiving updates from Windows Update.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:07 pm

TY, got the torrent magnetic link loaded, but nothing showing yet, will check on it soon!

Thanks for your hard work Harkaz!!

Edit 1: Torrent is coming fine now, just slow!

Edit 2: I got it all on torrent now, uploading if needed ... uTorrent 2.2.1 forever baby!!!

Anthony21

Post by Anthony21 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:21 am

Still can't get ram patch to work, I put in folder of my MCE windows file then running night to make iso, even without running the process of drivers.
C/MCE/I386
my vmware still shows 3GB when i put in for 6GB.

not sure how but i guess i did a straight sp2 with ram patch through my vvmware that I didn't get a disk windows error that I usually get when using a Dell disk, weird. when using nlite with drivers. continue to test that weird glitch of mine for now. other than my Total paging file size telling me recommended at 4606 MB. Altho it seem to process really fast. 2nd test seemed to be a tad slow thou.

using 3.1a while 3.1b is still downloading.

I used "PATCHES-V3.1a.zip"
any different from
"Windowsxp_remove_4gb_Ram_limit_addon.zip"

Do I copy the stuff thats inside "PATCHES-V3.1a.zip" the 2 folders with that folder name or extract the files in those 2 folders into i386?

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:01 am

Anthony21 wrote:Still can't get ram patch to work, I put in folder of my MCE windows file then running night to make iso, even without running the process of drivers.
C/MCE/I386
my vmware still shows 3GB when i put in for 6GB.

not sure how but i guess i did a straight sp2 with ram patch through my vvmware that I didn't get a disk windows error that I usually get when using a Dell disk, weird. when using nlite with drivers. continue to test that weird glitch of mine for now. other than my Total paging file size telling me recommended at 4606 MB. Altho it seem to process really fast. 2nd test seemed to be a tad slow thou.

using 3.1a while 3.1b is still downloading.

I used "PATCHES-V3.1a.zip"
any different from
"Windowsxp_remove_4gb_Ram_limit_addon.zip"

Do I copy the stuff thats inside "PATCHES-V3.1a.zip" the 2 folders with that folder name or extract the files in those 2 folders into i386?
this hapening because vmware is using ntoskrnl but patch needs ntkrlapa.exe or ntkrlpamp to be used.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:36 pm

12 peers, 1 seed

Edit: 1 seed (me), 5 peers - 12Mar16 1:30pm est
Last edited by GH0st on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Yeah, I went offline for a bit. Back up now at full speed.

Edit: 12Mar16 2:45pm est - Your client is not reporting all the seeds, GH0st. I haven't left since reconnecting yesterday. ;)
Last edited by 5eraph on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stormit

Post by Stormit » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:50 pm

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:02 pm

5eraph wrote:Yeah, I went offline for a bit. Back up now at full speed.

Edit: 12Mar16 2:45pm est - Your client is not reporting all the seeds, GH0st. I haven't left since reconnecting yesterday. ;)
THis is odd, but a second seed show up and disappears as well as the peer count sometimes goes waaay high. When I got to the Advanced--> clear peer list, goes back to normal.

udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
This is the tracker I am using, as the others don't report anything for me, for some reason. What trackers you got loaded?

udp://9.rarbg.com:2710
udp://glotorrents.pw:6969
udp://tracker.blackunicorn.xyz:6969
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969
When I add these, it only shows 1 seed and 0 peers

Stormit

About Sp4

Post by Stormit » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 pm

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:42 pm

I have wondered, if we should split the torrent into two. It looks like people are downloading the entire thing, including the MUI iso, which 99.99% don't need.

Should we split it into two different

1 - COMPONENTS_REFERENCE, WindowsXP-USP4-v3.1b-x86-ENU

2 - everything else

Peeps can download the main uSP4, then prompt them to select the individual stuff from the 2nd torrent, if needed. Most wont need them at all.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm

That might benefit noobies, but anyone who is familiar at all with torrents would know that they could deselect what they don't need from the torrent as it is.

Cheers and Regards