removing HIGHMAT CD Wizard with nLite

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.

Should Ryan conversate with nuhi?

Yes
50%
No
No votes
I don't care
50%

Total votes: 8

Acheron

removing HIGHMAT CD Wizard with nLite

Post by Acheron » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:18 pm

Hi Ryan,

Now I configured out how to include the HIGHMAT CD Wizard into my XP CD using your update pack I did noticed the following:

Removing the imapi service (CD burning support) with nLite has no effect on the added HIGHMAT Support. It is still getting installed during Windows Setup.
I do know how to modify the inf's a bit, but I would like to see some changes made to nLite so automaticly HIGHMAT Support is removed with the imapi service.

While it's not that difficult it's getting problematic when adjusting your update pack for future releases. Meaby you don't want to cooperate with nuhi. It's your choice to inform nuhi about this or not.

Please let me know.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:37 pm

Well of course removing the IMAPI service wouldn't keep highmat from installing. It's installed from RVMUpPck.inf by extracting the flies from RVMUpPck.cab and registering the DLLs along with a few other registry entries.

:rolleyes:

SibTiger

Post by SibTiger » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:16 am

I highly doubt Nuhi will want to spend time tying nLite selections to Ryan's UpdatePack. But perhaps there's a better solution. Check out this idea: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167#167

Acheron

Post by Acheron » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:49 am

Good point, sibtiger.

Since RyanVM decided to only integrate stuff he likes we now have a full pack which adds way to much.

For example, I doubt Microsoft would like the idea their shutdown.exe would be replaced by an other application. So I remove psshutdown from the Dutch update package.

Also I will remove the HIGHMAT CD Wizard update from the Dutch package, since the benefits of this addition are none compared with the added size to the installation source (500 KB).

Who the highmat wizard really want can use the msi installer during unattended setup anyway.

I also remove cmdow.exe and modifype.exe from the package.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:15 am

Highmat's not going anywhere.

I'm creating a poll for shutdown.exe right now. I'll remove it if all of you feel as strongly about it as hp38guse :rolleyes:

evilvoice

Post by evilvoice » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:46 am

hp38guser, you are a bitch...im sorry, if your stupid ass is going to whine about something that RyanVM CREATED FOR HIMSELF and was GRACIOUS enough to let others grab it, you will always be a bitch in my book...he even went as far as to create a LITE pack for you people...everyone should quit bitching about "oh i dont want this in there because I dont like this or that." YA KNOW WHAT...DONT DOWNLOAD IT! Anyways, youre a bitch and Im done.
Last edited by evilvoice on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:54 am

While I appreciate the kind words, let's keep the flaming to a minimum please ;)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

DeTard

Post by DeTard » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:40 pm

AkumaDevil wrote:hp38guser, you are a bitch...im sorry, if your stupid ass is going to whine about something that RyanVM CREATED FOR HIMSELF and was GRACIOUS enough to let others grab it, you will always be a bitch in my book...he even went as far as to create a LITE pack for you people...everyone should quit bitching about "oh i dont want this in there because I dont like this or that." YA KNOW WHAT...DONT DOWNLOAD IT! Anyways, youre a bitch and Im done.
Go back to your gamer forum... I half expected you to say "All your base are belong to us!!" If you can't contribute to a half decent discussion, we don't need your input.

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:34 pm

AkumaDevil if you feel that Ryanvm is such a horrible person you can take your pompous behind and go back to win 95.