- What I do know, PNF files:
- are precompiled INF files
- generally temporary
- get compiled by windows upon use of the INF
- are compiled to speed up processing
- located in the \windows\inf folder
What I want to know:
- Can they be decompiled/decrypted? How?
- What program compiles INFs into PNFs?
Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Anyone have any information about PNF files?
Inf files are compiled to pnf files by calling pSetupInfCacheBuild in setupapi.dll ( only works on Xp / W2003 - not W2K or Vista ). This also produces an INFCACHE.1 file from the compiled pnf files. You should investigate the infcachebuild tool by Sherpya which was designed to be used when building PE / BartPE images.