Windows File Protection errors

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
JackVance

Windows File Protection errors

Post by JackVance » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:53 pm

I have a Windows XP build created using nLite to integrate XP Service Pack 0 + SP2 + the RyanVM UpdatePack. Nothing was removed.

I am getting Windows File Protection errors trying to install drivers for a Plextor video capture device, and (on a different machine) drivers for C-Media onboard sound.

In both cases, the drivers are one of the first things being installed after a clean Windows install.

The Plextor drivers do not give this error if I use a build without the Update Pack. I have not yet tried this on the other machine.

Metaphis

Post by Metaphis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:36 pm

I've had the exact same problem. Everytime I install a new driver it tells me that a file have been replaced with an unrecognied file and ask me to insteard the Windows XP SP2 CD. Now even if I click cancel (do not restore) it still ask me everytime I install a new driver.

maska

Post by maska » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:57 pm

C-Media? Well, that's happening also without nLite or RVM's pack. :D

The problem in my side is with ksuser.dll, this file is required when trying to install those drivers.

Metaphis

Post by Metaphis » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Its not C-Media. It happen with every driver I try to install Sound card, IDE, Graphic card et.c

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:47 pm

I've got a strong feeling this is related to the CAT file issues I've run into in other situations. I don't really have a workaround/solution to the problem yet, other than installing fewer CAT files.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

maska

Post by maska » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:22 am

A little offtopic but... :rolleyes:

Every time I use nLite with/without RVM or manually slipstream SP2, I'm getting asked for ksuser.dll from Windows CD when I try to install my C-Media drivers. Does anybody have any idea why is this happening? :?

Metaphis

Post by Metaphis » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:37 am

Maybe to help me pinpoint the problem... Is there anyway to know wich file Windows is complaining about?

ontelo

Post by ontelo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:31 pm

It's nlite problem. Should be fixed to the next version (or Nuhi said so).