I actually prefer this wee thing to Camtasia Studio which, although it has more bells and whistles, is a terrible resource hog and doesn't work as smoothly for me. I have bundled the CamStudio lossless codec [CSCD] into this pack, which is GPL alternative to the commercial Techsmith TSCC video codec.
Please note that uninstalling this addon will remove both the program AND the codec.
RenderSoft CamStudio v2.0
SIZE: 1.06 MB
Description: Free streaming video software
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Multimedia\CamStudio"
Installer: Removes files, folders, shortcuts, reg entries, codec and personal settings
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs). Here are just a few ways you can use this software:
* You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
* Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
* You can create video tutorials for school or college class
* You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
* You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
* You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them
[Edit 2007/07/02] Minor tweak to inf file to standardise my uninstallation code. Change of addon naming convention
[Edit 2007/07/05] Rewrote uninstaller to add a removal prompt
[Edit 2007/07/06] Minor bug fix to hide taskkill CMD window during removal. Big thanks to Kel for the tweak.
[Edit 2007/08/05] Updated uninstaller to work with XP Home