[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 pm

ummm, any one suffer weird changes with installing Xpize
I can't see the good looking changes of Xpize different windows
any one can confirm?
I've integrated the first link wit both Nlite and Ryan's Integrator, failed to get Xpize working 100%,
Last edited by Wesmosis on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 am

Hi NR,
Thanks for this IE7 addons...
Can you make addons for IE7Pro?

What is IE7Pro

IE7Pro is a must have add-on for Internet Explorer, which includes a lot of features and tweaks to make your IE friendlier, more useful, secure and customizable. IE7Pro includes Tabbed Browsing Management, Spell Check, Inline Search, Super Drag Drop, Crash Recovery, Proxy Switcher, Mouse Gesture, Tab History Browser, Web Accelerator, User Agent Switcher, Webpage Capturer, AD Blocker, Flash Block, Greasemonkey like User Scripts platform, User Plug-ins and many more power packed features. You can customize not just Internet Explorer, but even your favorite website according to your need and taste using IE7Pro.

I think it will be great addons alongside your IE7 addons

Thanks in advance

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:44 am

after integrating only RVMUP 2.1.11 + IE7 normal addon 1.0.6 on a XP Home SP2 cd and installing, WU complains for KB 933566.

Anyone else?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:08 pm

nonno fabio wrote:after integrating only RVMUP 2.1.11 + IE7 normal addon 1.0.6 on a XP Home SP2 cd and installing, WU complains for KB 933566.
The alternate addon does not do this. I haven't yet experimented with the normal addon however.

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:02 pm

RogueSpear wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:after integrating only RVMUP 2.1.11 + IE7 normal addon 1.0.6 on a XP Home SP2 cd and installing, WU complains for KB 933566.
The alternate addon does not do this. I haven't yet experimented with the normal addon however.
The normal addon does not do it either. (For me)

store88

Post by store88 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm

banditnich wrote:Hi NR,

What is IE7Pro

IE7Pro is a must have add-on for Internet Explorer, which includes a lot of features and tweaks to make your IE friendlier, more useful, secure and customizable. IE7Pro includes Tabbed Browsing Management, Spell Check, Inline Search, Super Drag Drop, Crash Recovery, Proxy Switcher, Mouse Gesture, Tab History Browser, Web Accelerator, User Agent Switcher, Webpage Capturer, AD Blocker, Flash Block, Greasemonkey like User Scripts platform, User Plug-ins and many more power packed features. You can customize not just Internet Explorer, but even your favorite website according to your need and taste using IE7Pro.

Thanks in advance

http://www.divshare.com/download/1094062-db2

I have made one, best wishes

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 am

store88 wrote:
banditnich wrote:Hi NR,

What is IE7Pro

Thanks in advance

http://www.divshare.com/download/1094062-db2

Wow cool... Thanks a lot store88... will try it tonight

Cheers for you :wink:

MrNxDmX

New version: 106a

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:49 pm

v106a: Added registry tweaks described here. Thanks code65536 for reporting. I will add more entries in case they are needed.
just_laze wrote:When I click "Change user picture" in "User Accounts" the process mshta.exe uses 100% CPU and my system hangs for roughly 12 seconds before the next screen appears.

Can anyone else duplicate this? It happens on machines with varying configurations.
I couldnt reproduce this issue with 106_normal and 106a_Alternate. Mshta.exe process runs after selecting user accounts. When i choose change user picture it consumes some cpu, but thats only for a few seconds. That doesnt lock my computer, or give an other error.
I have an idea. If you have lots of account pictures, it may slow down your computer. Cos, windows collects them all to show you. just an idea.
Wesmosis wrote:any one suffer weird changes with installing Xpize
I can't see the good looking changes of Xpize different windows
any one can confirm?
I've integrated the first link wit both Nlite and Ryan's Integrator, failed to get Xpize working 100%,
Can you give more info about xpizing process. As i understand from your post, you used the normal addon. But when did you make the xpizing process. Some files are in the cab file, and they cannot be xpized. You can try alternate addon, that overwrites all files in disc. That way all files will be xpized.

Anyone else?
MU/WU, QfeCheck and MBSA 2.1 reports everything as OK. Havent tried with home edition of xp, though.

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:06 am

banditnich wrote:
store88 wrote: http://www.divshare.com/download/1094062-db2

Wow cool... Thanks a lot store88... will try it tonight

Cheers for you :wink:
store88,

After integrating ie7pro, I can see the ie7pro in IE7. But when opening IE7Pro Preferences the character of settings is messed up, just showing square character.

store88

Post by store88 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 am

banditnich wrote: store88,

After integrating ie7pro, I can see the ie7pro in IE7. But when opening IE7Pro Preferences the character of settings is messed up, just showing square character.
Sorry for that I did not see I use simplified-chinese
Now
http://www.divshare.com/download/1113844-970

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:45 am

Thanks for your quick prompt store88....
Will try again tonight. :wink:

grief

Post by grief » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:49 pm

received "current file is newer than" overwrite prompts for these files while using nlite for addon integration. i used ryanvm integrator for the update pack before.

Code: Select all

browseui.dl_
shdocvw.dl_
shlwapi.dl_

i imagine its no big deal, just some fyi :)

edit: was the alternate addon that i was using.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:03 pm

grief wrote:received "current file is newer than" overwrite prompts for these files while using nlite for addon integration. i used ryanvm integrator for the update pack before.

browseui.dl_
shdocvw.dl_
shlwapi.dl_

Thanks for reminding grief. I will add needed value in next release of both addons.

rickytheanuj
Banned

Post by rickytheanuj » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:13 am

i used ur previous version IE7 1.0.5 to integrate in my windows xp sp2 using nlite.

when i install that windows i found that ie7 works fine but help, about section are absent in that pack.

that version of addon is full or not?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:26 pm

@rickytheanuj: yep, all addons i created of ie7 are/were full ie7 addons. All files are/were in the addons.
IMO, you used nlite to tweak your disc or you used some registry settings that hid them. I can see all menus in ie7 here.

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:38 am

store88 wrote:Sorry for that I did not see I use simplified-chinese
Now
http://www.divshare.com/download/1113844-970
It works now... thanks store88 :D

And thanks to MrNxDmX for IE7 v1.0.6a update :wink:

just_laze

Re: New version: 106a

Post by just_laze » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:52 am

MrNxDmX wrote:
just_laze wrote:When I click "Change user picture" in "User Accounts" the process mshta.exe uses 100% CPU and my system hangs for roughly 12 seconds before the next screen appears.

Can anyone else duplicate this? It happens on machines with varying configurations.
I couldnt reproduce this issue with 106_normal and 106a_Alternate. Mshta.exe process runs after selecting user accounts. When i choose change user picture it consumes some cpu, but thats only for a few seconds. That doesnt lock my computer, or give an other error.
I have an idea. If you have lots of account pictures, it may slow down your computer. Cos, windows collects them all to show you. just an idea.
Hi,

When I click "Change user picture" on my girlfriend's Core 2 Duo machine the delay is, as you suggest, only a couple of seconds (I suspect you too, have a powerful machine). But on a less powerful machine, for example, my Athlon XP 1700+ the delay is 10 seconds+.

I only have the standard Windows XP user icon set, no additional icons are included in my unattended installation.

I only suggest your add-on is the root cause because there have been other associated problems relating to the 'User Accounts' area of the control panel in the past.

It's minor, I can put up with it, but a solution would be welcome. If you need any further information regarding my unattended installation please private message me.

The problem does not occur when using a vanilla build.

Thanks.

laze.

MrNxDmX

Re: New version: 106a

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:37 pm

You are welcome banditnich :)
just_laze wrote:When I click "Change user picture" on my girlfriend's Core 2 Duo machine the delay is, as you suggest, only a couple of seconds (I suspect you too, have a powerful machine). But on a less powerful machine, for example, my Athlon XP 1700+ the delay is 10 seconds+.

I only have the standard Windows XP user icon set, no additional icons are included in my unattended installation.

I only suggest your add-on is the root cause because there have been other associated problems relating to the 'User Accounts' area of the control panel in the past.

It's minor, I can put up with it, but a solution would be welcome.
Ok, as you and i want a solution, i will request you to install windows xp with only my ie7 addon. No update pack, no addons. Then check if same thing happens again.

Also, can you confirm this issue with normal addon? I guess you're using the alternate addon.
Does this delay happen when you use nlite to slipstream ie7?

And last question, is there anybody who can confirm this delay issue?

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:32 am

I try on my P4 2.4Ghz (not HT proc), 256Mb, Asus Mobo...
My XP is compiled with RyanVM Update Pack 2.1.11, Addons : IE7 1.0.6a normal, WMP11, some themes, XnView 1.91.1, DX9 1.4, Runtimes 2.9, UAP Replace... I confirm there's no delay issue.

Never tried using alternate addon though :wink:

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 am

Hi,

The issue is with the alternative add-on integrated using nLite.

To confirm, you'd like me to integrate your add-on into a vanilla build of Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'll even do both the normal and alternative (two separate builds).

There will be a delay of 2 weeks until I report my findings, the reason being I currently have no internet at home.

laze.

Broly10000

Post by Broly10000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:18 am

I have in my integration:

Update pack 2.1.11
WGA 1.7.18.5a
DirectX 9.0c Addon 1.4
RVMAddons_1.8.2
WMP11 With Booogy's integrator .73
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6_alt

I don have any delays.

My Rig:
Athlon 64 3500+
1GB 3200 Dual Channel XMS
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

BikinDutchman

User tweaks not being applied, continued

Post by BikinDutchman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:42 pm

MrNxDmx thank you for version 1.06a

This is a follow up for my topic http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4775

I integrated the new pack with nLite and found the following:

After initial installation and logon as Administrator my UserTweaks are applied :P. The same if I create other users and logon as one of them.

However after one full restart of the computer UserTweaks are no longer applied :?. I fixed that in the package by adding my UserTweaks also to xIE7en.inf and removing a ";" before the AddReg=UserTweaks.AddReg line under [AfterUserStart].

I see that direct after installation Windows\Inf\NRIE7en.inf is identical to NRIE7en.inf in the package. After one restart Windows\Inf\NRIE7en.inf becomes identical to xIE7en.inf in the package. That explains the above behavior.

MrNxDmx can you please look into this?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Thanks for your feedbacks banditnich and Broly10000. Appreciated. Its everytime great to know that the addon works ok for others too. not only for me, lol.

And BikinDutchman; the issue your talkin is normal. Windows replaces the normal inf file (NR_IE7en.inf) with a modified one (xie7.inf). But this occurs at first boot after first logon. So, if you logon to another account before first restart, user tweaks will be applied to that user too. I suggest you to restart the computer after the first desktop fully loads. Without making anymore installs or tweaks.
Cheers

BikinDutchman

Post by BikinDutchman » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 am

MxNrDmx

Thanks for reply.

Having the UserTweaks for all users was what I wanted. You might pay attention to this in the guide.

No big deal.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:32 am

Ok BikinDutchman. Here's how you can add your tweaks for all users:
  • Add your tweaks normally in NR_IE7en.inf file. (This is for first user.)
  • Open xIE7en.inf file. Add your tweaks in that file too. At bottom of the file, under
    ;Copy & Paste your IE7 tweaks here below.
    [UserTweaks.AddReg]
  • Then search for
    ;AddReg=UserTweaks.AddReg
    and change it to
    AddReg=UserTweaks.AddReg
  • Save and close xIE7en.inf file.
After re-building and using that addon, you will have your tweaks aplied to all users created in your new system.

aliumalik

Post by aliumalik » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:57 am

MrNxDmX wrote:
grief wrote:received "current file is newer than" overwrite prompts for these files while using nlite for addon integration. i used ryanvm integrator for the update pack before.

browseui.dl_
shdocvw.dl_
shlwapi.dl_

Thanks for reminding grief. I will add needed value in next release of both addons.
I am getting the same thing with normal addon...guess i will have to wait to integrate till the next version :D

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Umm no, just overwrite those files with ie7 ones :wink:

tamilcheetas

Post by tamilcheetas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 am

I'm getting this error ICFGNT.dll, with your alternative pack

I used your addon at last, in nlite & RVM Integrator,

But the problem persists..

Also had a error of xmllite.ddl missing during setup

used RVM 2.1.11 & your update pack for it too..

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 am

Try putting DriverSigningPolicy = ignore and NonDriverSigningPolicy = ignore in your winnt.sif and see if it that fixes that. I use them in all my installs and have no issues whatsoever with the alternative addon.

Otherwise try a fresh new untouched Windows XP Service Pack 2 source slipstreamed with only 1 update pack.

tamilcheetas

Post by tamilcheetas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:56 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:Try putting DriverSigningPolicy = ignore and NonDriverSigningPolicy = ignore in your winnt.sif and see if it that fixes that. I use them in all my installs and have no issues whatsoever with the alternative addon.

Otherwise try a fresh new untouched Windows XP Service Pack 2 source slipstreamed with only 1 update pack.
Its already ther bro !
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
& this is my order of Integration
RVMAddons_1.8.2.7z
RVMAddonsDX9_1.4.7z
RVMUpdatePack2.1.11.7z
NR_UpdateAddon_v1.1.7z
WMP11_TweakedAddon.cab
NR_UAPReplace_Addon.cab
NR_CursorsAIO_Addon_1.8.rar
5er_MSSignedThemes_v2.2_Addon.7z
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6a_alt.7z
I think, i have to try, with a new Source, thanks n7epsilon

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:31 am

any body having issues with Xpize?
and one more thing
does this installer save time in the matter of the installation in contrast to the silently switchless installers (since it doesn't save space coz it adds 12 mbs to the i386 source even when it replaces the original IE files)
TIA

rickytheanuj
Banned

sorry for posting problem , faced on previus version ie7 (1.0.5a)

Post by rickytheanuj » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi!
I used previously lunched IE7 1.0.5a with update pack 2.1.11 but i faced these errors (shown below) after installing that edited windows. But when i again re-install IE7 manually or made new windows without IE7 addon, both of problems were disappear.

So my conclusion is -IE7 1.0.5a addon has error.......!!!!!!

Is my thought is right or i m doing any thing wrong. I use nlite & integrator both one by one.
now i m downloading this addon (IE71.0.6a), will this remove my problem.

1> First problem.
When i try to open any .msc file, Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
error dialog box appeared. :?

2> Second is,
When i tried to view about of IE7 or Internet option, i receive this error.:cry:

Please reply...
Waiting for suggestion from u people...

aliumalik

Post by aliumalik » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:54 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:Umm no, just overwrite those files with ie7 ones :wink:
setuperr.log complains about the integrity of files etc...I think related to cat files...how do i replace them?

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 am

@ rickytheanuj
The second pics looks familiar.... I think you get yourself a virus. Try scanning your computer.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:16 am

I think ricky's problem was that he was using some random two-bit pirated copy from somewhere that had god only knows what done to it.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

BikinDutchman

xpsp3res.dll trouble

Post by BikinDutchman » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:03 pm

MxNxDmX

I use your pack in combination with Xable's light update pack v3.0.1: http://udp.xable.net/slipstream.php

Xable's pack has xpsp3res.dll v5.1.2600.3121 GDR and that is causing trouble with IE7 and MS Update KB896344, 914440. This problem is solved by replacing xpsp3res.dll with the QFE version v5.1.2600.3100 or 3121.

I see that KB933566 keeps v5.1.2600.3100 for IE7.

I do not know what to do about this but I think it is good to let you know.

I will e-mail Xable.

MrNxDmX

v106b

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Wesmosis wrote:does this installer save time in the matter of the installation in contrast to the silently switchless installers (since it doesn't save space coz it adds 12 mbs to the i386 source even when it replaces the original IE files)
Yep, it's installed faster than the switchless installer versions. Files are copied by windows setup at first and also it doesnt create backup copies.

rickytheanuj: Errors you get have nothing to do with ie7 addon. Check your source first, please. Second picture occurs when sb adds registry entries fort that. My addon doesnt restrict anything.
aliumalik wrote:setuperr.log complains about the integrity of files etc...I think related to cat files...how do i replace them?
how did you prepare your cd? Did you overwrited them or not? (I guess not)

Thanks for informing BikinDutchman. But my addon doesnt have xpsp3res.dll file in it. So, that issue is not a problem for this addon (hope so for now :wink:)

Addons are updated to 106b.
Added "flags=IgnoreFileVersions" for nLite users also added FileFlags for better winnt32.exe installs.

Broly10000

Post by Broly10000 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:40 pm

Are this changes only for nlite users?

aliumalik

Re: v106b

Post by aliumalik » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:
aliumalik wrote:setuperr.log complains about the integrity of files etc...I think related to cat files...how do i replace them?
how did you prepare your cd? Did you overwrited them or not? (I guess not)
I replaced the files in the 7z archive. Are the files in 1.06b updated? Thanks a lot :)

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 pm

Yep, it's installed faster than the switchless installer versions. Files are copied by windows setup at first and also it doesnt create backup copies.
oh that's geat

plz can you be mooooooooore clear about the difference from the Standard & the Alternative in the matter of the Safety, Speed of Installation, Space...other differences
and btw you rock and I started using your IE7 ;)

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:47 pm

hey wesmosis. although this isnt my addon, maybe i can help the difference between the regular and alternative addon.

the regular one is just a well-put together IE7 addon. no problems are known with integrating this to your xp source. if you have space to spare and really dont feel like dealing with a potential problem with IE7, go with the original addon.

the alternative addon overwrites the IE6 files, saving (dont quote me on this) a few MB of space on your WinXP source and making for a faster installation. there is also no restart prompt for this addon after it is installed during the windows setup, thanks to a hacked syssetup.dll. it creates several negligible entries in setuperr.log. gathering from the first post, windows file protection (SFC) *might* conflict with the alternative.

to sum that all up...if, like me, you disable SFC with nLite or a patched SFC_OS.dll from this site, you shouldnt see any problems using the alternative IE7 addon. even if you dont disable SFC, you probably wont see any problems either. but the only way to guarantee no problems is to use the normal version.

i hope that helps, and that everything i said is correct :)

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:52 pm

why this happening to me?
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6b_alt.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

does my ip was banned?

disconnected and connect to other ip from my isp i can download it now... crap malaysia boleh... dc some isp

thanks for perfect ie7 addon
Last edited by cyberloner on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:27 pm

Broly10000: No, for all users :wink:

aliumalik, no, no file changed. Only entries.ini file.

Wesmosis, runningfool87 cleared it all. Thanks runningfool87 :)

cyberloner, try now please.

Xable

Post by Xable » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:47 pm

LSpann601 contacted me about this addon and my pack so thought I`d give it a try and see what happens.

I used the IE7 Addon not the alternative and here are the results:
qfecheck - Clean
IE7 - Working as it should
MU - Clean

Good job MrNxDmX :)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Umm, I'm very pleased to see the results. Especially from you, Xable :wink:
Thanks for testing.

begundal

Post by begundal » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:32 am

i got
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6b.7z on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

both from

http://mrnxdmx.doitrightconsulting.net/NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6b.7z http://mrnxdmx.ryanvm.net/NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6b.7z

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:01 am

They work for me.

Broly10000

Post by Broly10000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Lets keep this post alive, so the author knows we keep using his addon. Changing the subject a little bit, i think this thread needs a little cleanup...

wohc

Post by wohc » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Can anybody help to post the IE7 alt addon to any public server like sendspace or megaupload? I can't seems to download these addon at all...
Thanks in advance.

:D

waleed_wwn

Post by waleed_wwn » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:39 pm

@wohc

Do not use Download mangers parogram

use only windows to download - IE7 alt addon-