[Solved] Problem with unidentified addon

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Us2002

[Solved] Problem with unidentified addon

Post by Us2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm

2 boooggy
can u help me? during setup from DVD i saw mistake: %win_comp%inf not found.
in dosnet.inf and dosnet.org present :
d1,%win_comp%.inf
d1,%win_comp%.cab
what is it?

during first logon agane window whith question:
do u want open or save this file?
name: msobshel.htm
type: html document, 169k
than was power button, because system was frozen, than first logon whith programs installations from .bat file... MP11 not work agane, control panel and desktop agane corrupted, problems whith framedyn.dll and srclient.dll

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:21 pm

For future reference, Us2002, please test addons individually. ;)

That specific error can only be from one of Mrs Peel's more recently rebuilt addons...

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:31 pm

5eraph
can please move this to a new thread....?
it doesnt have anyhting to do with wmp 11.
thx

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Done, boooggy. :)

Us2002

Post by Us2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:04 pm

tnx, for answer, i`ll find that addon, but i realy dont know how to test each addon individually if that quantity is above 20 :) . I`m tested 5-10 at same time.
boooggy, excuse me for my decision that this error was from MP11, i was wrong

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Well, you could narrow the search down by testing only Mrs Peel's addons or listing them here. As long as you have the most recent releases I could probably tell you which one may be at fault just by looking through them.

Us2002

Post by Us2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:31 pm

MrsP_XnView_LCE_Addon_v1.91.1-070727.cab
MrsP_Universal_Extractor_Addon_v1.5-070705.cab
MrsP_Nandub_Addon_v1.0rc2.cab
MrsP_Agent_Ransack_Addon_v1.7.3.332-070729.cab
MrsP_LAN_Pump_QL_Addon_v2.32-070729.cab
MrsP_HTTP_File_Server_Addon_v2.1a.cab
may be VirtualDub, VLC and other, i`see that tomorrow

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:09 pm

The only two that you currently list that are causing the %win_comp% string errors are Agent_Ransack and LAN_Pump.

My own testing indicates that there are two faults in the entries*.ini files causing problems with the Integrator:
  • The [Strings] section should be named [filenames].
  • The Integrator translates quotation marks ( " ) literally: they become part of the string to be inserted instead of being ignored as intended.
Original code:

Code: Select all

[Strings]
win_comp = "Ransack"
Corrected code:

Code: Select all

[filenames]
win_comp = Ransack
I don't know what could be causing your other problems. I'll leave those for you and others to figure out. :P

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Us2002 wrote:MrsP_XnView_LCE_Addon_v1.91.1-070727.cab
MrsP_Universal_Extractor_Addon_v1.5-070705.cab
MrsP_Nandub_Addon_v1.0rc2.cab
MrsP_Agent_Ransack_Addon_v1.7.3.332-070729.cab
MrsP_LAN_Pump_QL_Addon_v2.32-070729.cab
MrsP_HTTP_File_Server_Addon_v2.1a.cab
may be VirtualDub, VLC and other, i`see that tomorrow
Your problem was with the Agent Ransack addon dated 070729

I realised I had made an error with 4 of my addon packs on that day just a few moments after I had posted them and so I disabled the links until such time as I could get Ryan to upload the fixes for me.

Those links were only actually live for about 20 minutes, so what this tells me about you Us2002 is that you are what I unkindly refer to as a "Lurking Leech" - one of those members who lurks on the board and jumps on new release posts 2 minutes after they are posted and greedily grabs everything in site....

So why do I have no sympathy for you now? I'll tell you why. Because I have no effing sympathy for members who come here to complain, listing a very long collection of addons they have been using made by the hard-working members here, and then when you go check those release threads....

Oh SURPRISE.... this Lurking Leech has never ever bothered to say thank you to ANYBODY here EVER for all the stuff they download and use for free! Is there any good reason why I should feel any sympathy to help such people?

:rolleyes:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:29 pm

PS: Oh, and also, when I disabled the links to the bad releases I also changed the MD5 hashes to the checksums of the NEW fixes (which were waiting to be uploaded by Ryan) so this also tells me that you probably did not check back with the posts to see if the files you downloaded corresponded to the MD5 sums that were listed here for them.

That simple thing alone (and the fact that the links had since been suspended) would have alerted you to the fact that there was a problem and that the file you had so promptly leeched did not match with the MD5 listed here. I don't think we should have to stress how important it is that members MD5 check everything they downloaded from here before they come forward to report a problem.

Also I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that complainers make the best effort to isolate any conflicts or errors they might find to narrow it down to one particular bad addon, rather than post in the thread of another addon makers release that had nothing to do with the problem, as you did in Booooggy's thread.

I can't even begin to imagine how many zillions of hours of my time I have wasted here trying to help members who posted a complaint about one of my addons that turned out to be something totally unrelated - a conflict with something else that they had also slipstreamed into their build.

The sad thing about working for free for people, is that when they waste your precious time like that then you don't have the luxury of adding some extra hours of labour costs to their bill, as I would if it was a paying client.