Dell D620/D630 SigmaTel HDA Driver Exception / Splatted, Pro

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
EvilBetty

Dell D620/D630 SigmaTel HDA Driver Exception / Splatted, Pro

Post by EvilBetty » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:45 am

My Dell D620's and D630's are not loading the SigmaTel HDA audio driver correctly. It shows up in device manager with a nice yellow exclamation mark on it, and no working sound.

*THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WITHOUT RYANVM UPDATES, which I am integrating w/ nLite

Running Dell's Audio Driver Install setup, will fix the problem.

First off I realize that this problem may not be a problem of RyanVM at all. But, since I'm using this product along with several others I'm unable to pinpoint where the problem is occurring at this time.

I am building a Universal Image for Dell's business product line. OptiPlex / Latitude.

I am using nLite, RyanVM updates, DriverPacks finisher, and MySysprep.

I am using my own custom driver pack.

I have worked through every issue, except this SigmTel audio driver problem.

The driver I am using was collected from a Dell D630 with the above mentioned Dell obtained driver loaded, and harvested with Driver Genius Professional. This resulted in a SigmaTel directory and a Microsoft HDA directory. I combined these files into a single audio directory... ./D/06/06_D630

These files apparently are not adding correctly, and I don't know why.

I have also tried the Intel Reference Driver with no success.
Last edited by EvilBetty on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

EvilBetty

Post by EvilBetty » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:16 pm

This is the driver i used from Dell.
Driver link.

EvilBetty

Post by EvilBetty » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:15 pm

AND...

I have tried using the "Original HDA Inf Files Replacer Addon" with no change.
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4068

In THIS thread... It was said that the HDAUDBUS.INF change was corrected in the latest update.
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1972

Problem is that these SigmaTel drivers are providing thier OWN HDAUDBUS driver with an INF set with the old setting.

I was still getting the prompt to find HDAUDBUS.SYS until I made the following change in my HDAUDBUS.INF

Changed...

Code: Select all

[SourceDisksNames]
222 = %DiskId1%,"",222
To...

Code: Select all

[SourceDisksNames]
222 = %DiskId1%,"",222,"I386"
I swear I'm just missing something to get this all working. Someone has got to have this working on these models.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:26 pm

I edited one of your posts to improve the readability of the thread, EvilBetty. ;)

If I had a Dell to play with I'd be more than happy to help, but as it is, it seems we'll have to wait for somebody with similar hardware to chime in. I'll keep an eye out for similar issues, though.