[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:54 pm

Hey satan you have never mentioned language and if you have sp2 integrated.

tamilcheetas

Post by tamilcheetas » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

boooggy wrote:i guess is very hard to go on microsoft site........
download link
I tried to find this,but cant get this..

Thanks for this

code65536

Post by code65536 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:38 pm

tamilcheetas wrote:I tried to find this
The search feature of the Microsoft download center is your friend...
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:54 pm

satan.....
i told u in the thread u started
try like this
insert your xp cd with sp2 then copy it some where on your harddrive
then use slipstreamer.

ps
try use a new downloaded wmp 11 installer and also be sure that u have enough free space on the hdd u copied xp cd.....

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:22 pm

I was under the impression that 'KB938232' superceded 'KB931756' so how come we don't need 'KB938232' anymore? Has it been superceded and if so by which Hotfix?

Thanks.

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:26 pm

yes it was superseeded by 936782
please search and inform yourselves before posting......

satan

Post by satan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:17 am

boooggy wrote:satan.....
i told u in the thread u started
try like this
insert your xp cd with sp2 then copy it some where on your harddrive
then use slipstreamer.

ps
try use a new downloaded wmp 11 installer and also be sure that u have enough free space on the hdd u copied xp cd.....
Hey booogy, come on....
i think i know at least these things....
i'm going to tell you the steps i've done...
1) I've inserted a Fresh Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition Service Pack 2 (English Version) CD in my CD drive....(From which i've created my previous unattended without WMP11 & which when installed directly works fine).
2) Copied the all files from the CD drive & pasted in my E:\New (My E: has 24 GB space free....)
3) I'm having already the final version of Windows Media Player 11.... I'm tried with that, but it doesn’t work for me....so i downloaded the Windows Media Player 11 from the link you have given in your site.... But still not working....
4) I've also tried integrating the media player 11 hotfixex which are mentioned in your website.... But still not working...
5) I've tried disabling the kaspersky antivirus 7.0... But still not working...
6) I've integrated the ryan vm's post sp2 update pack through integrator... but still failed (& the update pack & integrator downloaded are also recent...RVMUpdatePack2.1.11 & RVM Integrator 1.4.3)
7) I've tried your previous version 0.73 which is not working for my solution .... so i've tried your latest release which has the version 0.82i... But still giving the same error message...
8) The last thing I’ve done is reinstalled my OS to a fresh XP & installed Dot Net framework 3.0.... But still giving the same error message.....

i'm posting the error message again.... so that you can analyze that & found the solution for me....

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: E:\New\i386\wmp11temp\extracted\acadproc.dll
at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.StaticFunctions.CompareVersions(String fileToCompareAgainst, String fileToCompareTo)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.integrateKB926239(String tempCompareFolder, String catalogFolder)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.ApplyFixes()
at WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

Deleting "E:\New\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

The source being modified has not been damaged.
All changes have been successfully reverted.
Please read the full message & then think about the situation....
Thanks for helping me.... :D :D :D

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:17 am

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910678

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928595

both the above links deal with the mentioned .dll file.. google is indeed your friend..

TechnoHunter

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 am

it does nothing.
it should be KB926239.
and now KB926239 is already superseeded by KB928595....
so in fact.... this is not needed any more.
and KB 926239 is included in WMP 11's installastion.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:39 am

I'm trying my first attempt at running the slipstreamer unattended with the command line switches listed from /? and having trouble.

Code: Select all

WMP11Slipstreamer.exe /installer:"C:\unattended\WMP11\wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe" /winsource:"C:\Unattended\XPCD" /hotfix:"C:\unattended\wmp11\hotfixes\windowsmedia11-kb928788-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb929399-v2-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb929773-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb932390-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb933547-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb935551-x86-intl.exe|windowsmedia11-kb935552-x86-intl.exe|WindowsMedia11-KB936782-x86-ENU.exe" /output:"Normal" /slipstream /closeonsuccess
When I run this batch the slipstreamer will launch with the correct parameters for the installer, winsource, and output in place - however no hotfixes are listed and the program does not slipstream, rather it waits for my input.

Any ideas?

code65536

Post by code65536 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:42 am

Slash after "hotfixes" should be a pipe.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:52 am

code65536 wrote:Slash after "hotfixes" should be a pipe.
DOH! :shock:

Syntax! Syntax! Syntax! Always the little things for me.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Works perfectly. :D

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:41 pm

New hotfix has been released: KB939209, updates qasf.dll. Hotfix table on site has been updated.

qasf.dll is now at 11.0.5721.5233

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:51 pm

orz, new hotfix out.
good news that my pack has not been released.....
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

*Reaper*

Post by *Reaper* » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:35 pm

Great work Boooggy and n7Epsilon... Your work is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

aliumalik

Post by aliumalik » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 am

getting this, maybe because i am running sp3 pre beta? acadproc.dll (5.1.2600.3180)

Code: Select all

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: E:\windows\i386\wmp11temp\extracted\acadproc.dll
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
   at WMP11Slipstreamer.StaticFunctions.CompareVersions(String fileToCompareAgainst, String fileToCompareTo)
   at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.integrateKB926239(String tempCompareFolder, String catalogFolder)
   at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.ApplyFixes()
   at WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

Deleting "E:\windows\i386\wmp11temp"...  Done!

The source being modified has not been damaged.
All changes have been successfully reverted.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:52 am

Same thing I sent to satan earlier, please extract your wmp11-installer using WinRAR to a new folder. And then try to double-click on wmpappcompat.exe. Does it extract ? Does it give you the MS hotfix wizard ? or does it load for a while and then nothing happens ?

I am leaning towards thinking this is an issue with SP3 Beta somehow blocking this hotfix from extracting.... Maybe it is the delta patch engine unable to find the file as the basis to extract the fix... maybe MS ships new basis files that block these hotfixes from extracting in SP3 Beta.

(wmpappcompat.exe inside wmp11 installer is a type 1 hotfix that uses the MSDelta (mspatcha.dll) to extract the needed files)

aliumalik

Post by aliumalik » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:57 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:Same thing I sent to satan earlier, please extract your wmp11-installer using WinRAR to a new folder. And then try to double-click on wmpappcompat.exe. Does it extract ? Does it give you the MS hotfix wizard ? or does it load for a while and then nothing happens ?

I am leaning towards thinking this is an issue with SP3 Beta somehow blocking this hotfix from extracting.... Maybe it is the delta patch engine unable to find the file as the basis to extract the fix... maybe MS ships new basis files that block these hotfixes from extracting in SP3 Beta.

(wmpappcompat.exe inside wmp11 installer is a type 1 hotfix that uses the MSDelta (mspatcha.dll) to extract the needed files)
absolutely nothing happens

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Just a friendly reminder (with much appreciation for your works on this and other things) that I haven't been able to use the slipstreamer on a XP MCE 2005 source, whether I'm running ON XP MCE 2005 or XP Pro. I still haven't tried using .NET 2.0+updates from WU instead of RyanVM's .NET 2.0+some updates switchless installer, but I promise I will and that I'll report back what the result was.

In lieu of any better solution that I've found so far, I'm still using your WMP11 tweaked addon v1.49.

Also, this isn't applicable to my situation (yet), but I thought the slipstreamer doesn't work on x64 sources?

Again, thank you, and this is not a flame at all.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:46 pm

Can you zip up these files from the problematic source and send it to me:

EULA.TXT
LAYOUT.INF
TXTSETUP.SIF
DOSNET.INF
SYSOC.IN_ (or SYSOC.INF)
SVCPACK.IN_ (or SVCPACK.INF)

Please export this registry key and send it to me as well (with the files above:)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]

I have been researching the problem far and wide and I am still not sure of the reason, I am not considering this a flame in anyway, actually it is good you report valid issues like this so I can fix everything.
Last edited by n7Epsilon on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:30 pm

@All who are getting acadproc.dll:

This is a problem with SP3 pre-beta in general. I cannot fix this.
KB926239 is a type 1 hotfix (mspatch hotfix) that depends on the existence on certain versions of files in order to extract the data (as it seems), and SP3 versions of the files affected by this hotfix (as it seems or a bug in it) is causing this hotfix to not execute.

I am working on it to see if there is a way to workaround or anything, but this is probably a bug from MS side (this is a PRE-BETA after all). First post edited with a warning... and future versions will either block running on sp3 pre-beta or ignore that fix (but it maybe needed by XP SP2 vanilla sources).

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 pm

this info also added to the slipstreamer site.

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:Can you zip up these files from the problematic source and send it to me:

I have been researching the problem far and wide and I am still not sure of the reason, I am not considering this a flame in anyway, actually it is good you report valid issues like this so I can fix everything.
I put a link to the zip of files in a PM to you. I am very curious as to what would cause the slipstreamer to just outright fail before it seems to attempt to do anything, when it works with no problem on my XP Home source. I'm very certain I used a much earlier version on a XP Pro source for a customer as well.

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Just wanted to publicly thank n7Epsilon and Boooggy for tracking down what was causing the issue with my trying to use the WMP11 Slipstreamer on my XP MCE 2005 source.

Thanks so much!

santuzzo

Post by santuzzo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:52 pm

WMP 11 Slipstreamer v0.82
windows xp pro SP2 italian

getting this error
WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods+ArchiveProcessException: An error occurred while creating "wmp11.ch_". ---> System.ApplicationException: AddFile failed with code None
in Mischel.CabDotNet.CmpRoutine.AddFile(String filename, String nameInCab, Boolean execOnDecompress, FciCompression compressType)
in WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetMakeCab(String fullFilename, String destinationDirectory, Boolean log)
--- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetMakeCab(String fullFilename, String destinationDirectory, Boolean log)
in WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.CompressFiles()
in WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

Deleting "D:\WINDOWS_XP_SP2\i386\wmp11temp"... FAILED!

An exception occurred while attempting to delete the temporary folder to revert the changes done to the source.
i also tried not adding the hotfixex but not worked...
gives the same error...

satan

Post by satan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:21 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:@All who are getting acadproc.dll:

This is a problem with SP3 pre-beta in general. I cannot fix this.
KB926239 is a type 1 hotfix (mspatch hotfix) that depends on the existence on certain versions of files in order to extract the data (as it seems), and SP3 versions of the files affected by this hotfix (as it seems or a bug in it) is causing this hotfix to not execute.

I am working on it to see if there is a way to workaround or anything, but this is probably a bug from MS side (this is a PRE-BETA after all). First post edited with a warning... and future versions will either block running on sp3 pre-beta or ignore that fix (but it maybe needed by XP SP2 vanilla sources).
Hey n7Epsilon....
Why cant you all guys make an Operating system of yours which will give the all satisfaction to the users....
you can start to develop this project...by launching the open source release of the project OS....
Anyway best luck for your next build which i think must be working with SP3 or can patch SP3 so that i will work......

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:28 am

me thinks you know not of which you speak.....
Last edited by newsposter on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 am

SP3 beta will time out...why are people even slipstreaming it? just use ryanvm's update pack with code65536's addon.

and just to clear up any confusion, the newest version of the WMP11 slipstreamer is working perfectly with windows xp sp2. then again, mine is legal (not some messed up warez copy) :)

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:01 pm

fool, it doesnt matter if xp its legal or not.......i dont get why u brought it here.......

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:10 pm

actually boooggy, it does.. RyanVM has closed/locked MANY threads dealing with morons with warez versions of XP having issues with various addons.. INCLUDING your addons themselves.. nothing wrong with the addons, just screwed by whatever hack was used to make the wares copy..

that would be "why he brought it here" as the case may be..

he (from what i read) made the point that pre-SP3 should not be used and if used dont expect it to work.. with a point of it(the slipstreamer) works on a clean legal xp SP2..

hope this helps :)

TechnoHunter

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:34 pm

This thread won't be locked unless boooggy wants it locked. Ryan has made it clear that his forum will not support warez, but for a thread to be locked for that reason it must start with a request to fix or discuss warez, or the content of the thread must have wandered irredeemably into disallowed discussion. The worst that would happen in this thread, TechnoHunter, is that I'll remove a few inappropriate posts.

Microsoft's SP3 is not strictly warez, even if it was obtained through unofficial channels. The act of distributing it without Microsoft's consent is frowned upon here because we don't need Microsoft sending us Cease And Desist notices.

Even so, satan, it is not boooggy's or n7Epsilon's responsibility to support SP3. If they decide to do so then consider it an act of kindness.

Now, let's try to stop cluttering this thread and stay on topic, everyone. Further discussion on the legality or the appropriateness of using SP3 betas can be continued in a more appropriate thread.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:06 pm

no offense meant, i was just trying to clarify runningfool's post ;)

as always i want to thank boooggy and n7epsilon for their fine work on the slipstreamer.
keep it up please! your efforts are appreciated and make my life for one much easier in my customer support :)

thanks again

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:37 pm

santuzzo wrote:WMP 11 Slipstreamer v0.82
windows xp pro SP2 italian

getting this error
WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods+ArchiveProcessException: An error occurred while creating "wmp11.ch_". ---> System.ApplicationException: AddFile failed with code None
in Mischel.CabDotNet.CmpRoutine.AddFile(String filename, String nameInCab, Boolean execOnDecompress, FciCompression compressType)
--- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.CompressFiles()
in WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

Deleting "D:\WINDOWS_XP_SP2\i386\wmp11temp"... FAILED!

An exception occurred while attempting to delete the temporary folder to revert the changes done to the source.
i also tried not adding the hotfixex but not worked...
gives the same error...
Make sure your i386 folder does not have any files that are with the Read-Only attribute. Try to right-click on your i386 folder > Properties... and untick the "Read-Only" checkbox, and then choose to apply this attribute for all files and subfolders...

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:00 pm

slipstreamer updated to version 0.85

Changelog:
v0.85
1. Switch to win32 resource api / brute force byte search to extract
type 2 hotfixes.
2. Switch to ms delta api to extract type 1 hotfixes (resolves sp3
incompatiblity)
3. Speed optimization to cabinet.dll interface (faster compression)
4. Fixed: WMP11Slipstreamer loses focus while extracting hotfixes (fixed
by 1 and 2).
5. Update of SimpleIniEditor to v4.
6. Update of ArgumentParser to v2.5.
7. Fixed crash when windows source EULA.txt is corrupted or empty.
8. Better error handling in cabinet.dll to help uncover mysterious
errors (the ones with Code: None).

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:17 pm

thanks for this, works fine on an ISO tested in VMware, real hardware test comes on Monday.....

code65536

Post by code65536 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:48 pm

The WMP11 integration is noticeably faster now that you've cut out the process spawning overhead. Thanks! :)

Just one very minor thing: the temporary files that you use to hold the cabs extracted from the exes are not deleted after integration.

code65536

Post by code65536 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:57 pm

JFYI, KB939683

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:50 pm

thx code
i cant update teh site right now cause i am not home and as soon as i get some internet access from where i am ...i will do that.
hopefully that new fix its getting integrated right.......

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:05 pm

ran a test on a VM, it appears that 939683 integrated properly. More testing tomorrow.

Polat Alemdar

Post by Polat Alemdar » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 am

Can someone post KB939693 somewhere else, on rapidshare.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:49 am

why bother, it's easily available at MSFT assuming you don't have a pirated version of windows.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:27 am

Does 939683 superceed any others?

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 pm

No, it neither supersedes nor is superseded by other hotfixes. It updates unregmp2.exe

It is worth mentioning that this fix appeared on WU for me.

Polat Alemdar

Post by Polat Alemdar » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:26 pm

newsposter wrote:why bother, it's easily available at MSFT assuming you don't have a pirated version of windows.
Well, you see, you are right, newsposter.

That's the reason why I need someone to upload this new hotfix on rapidshare. Please. :)

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:50 pm

polat please dont make this requests here .
thank u...

armond

Post by armond » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Boooggy and n7Epsilon,
With many, many thanks for your hard work!
Is there any way to tell the slipstreamer to not integrate the KB908536 and KB894871 and even KB913800 into the install sorce? I think that the reason is not important.
If that is possible, Please add this functionality in the future versions. Also, Please advise the users to how to integrate the RVM update pack or other addons with the integrated WMP 11 source. Are there a special integration directions?

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:57 am

for MCE2005, this is necessary otherwise you will get it on Windows Update.

KB908536 is very important when slipstreaming on non-updated XP SP2 source otherwise you will find yourself stuck on Windows classic and themes service doesn't work.

KB894871 is required otherwise OOBE will be broken (ie: No Welcome To Windows on 1st boot and direct login to Administrator account regardless of winnt.sif settings).

Anyway, I check file versions and slipstream only when needed, ie: If you are using source updated with any update pack, KB894871 is silently skipped, same thing for KB908536...

If I discover old patched version of UxTheme.dll in XP SP2 source (non-updated), I patch the KB908536 Uxtheme.dll as well so that whatever the user was trying to do is not affected.

armond

Post by armond » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:27 pm

n7Epsilon,
So there are not any special integration direction? For example, Can I use the slipstreamer on a XP source that previously updated with Ryan's or the Code's update packs, without any problem?
Thank you again.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:29 pm

Yes, the slipstreamer takes care of these scenarios by itself.

DjKilla

Post by DjKilla » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:45 pm

I hope I'm not repeating the same question as above from armond. If I updated my XP source with RVM update pack 2.1.11 and code65536 update pack 2.1.11.12, how exactly do I install WMP 11?

For example, do I use WMP11 Slipstreamer to install the WMP11 installer and **ALL** of the hotfixes located in the Requirements section? Would it be ok to use the Slipstreamer to install only the WMP11 installer then use the Slipstreamer to install each hotfix one at a time?

Thanks to n7Epsilon and others for taking the time to help out when needed.

BIG shout-out to Boooggy for the work involved in creating and keeping this slipstreamer updated!