Please note that now I have added an uninstaller for this you will have to re-associate your NFO and DIZ files after uninstallation.
DAMN NFO Viewer v2.10.0032.RC3
SIZE: 124 KB
Description: View NFO and DIZ files containing ASCII Art
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Title: NFO Viewer
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\DamnNFO"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
DAMN NFO Viewer
DAMN NFO Viewer is a utility for viewing text files containing ASCII Art (e.g. nfo files), and it proved itself to be handy So... if you're fed up with starting some DOS-like file manager each time you need to view nfo file, or ain't too happy with the viewer you use, or (worst case) use Notepad - give this little tool a try.
* Available in multiple languages: Chinese Simplified, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. You can choose the languages during installation and switch between them later via Settings dialog.
* Hyperlinks / Email addresses autodetection
* The viewer automatically detects hyperlinks / email addresses and shows them as clickable shortcuts.
* Customizable appearance
* You can set text/background colors, colors for hyperlinks and hovered hyperlinks, whether or not you want hyperlinks to be underlined, and choose between 3 built-in fonts, available in different sizes.
* Word Wrap: You can switch between word wrap, character wrap and no wrap.
* Shell integration: The Viewer can be set as the default application to open files with .nfo and .diz extensions. You get fancy file icons as a bonus.
* Smart line breaks handling: Unix style line breaks are supported (that is, you won't notice any difference). Moreover, the Viewer correctly displays files with doubled/tripled/etc. (e.g. because of improper multiple Unix<->Windows conversions) line breaks.
* Unicode support: Unicode version of the program is installed automatically if the operation system supports it. Unicode version provides better support for multilingual user interface.
* Copy-on-Select: When this feature is on, text gets copied to clipboard automatically after you have finished selecting it (released shift key or left mouse button). After the selected text has been copied, the selected area will flash shortly and the text will get deselected (so for those who thought it's a bug: it is not).
* Direct Scroll mode: In this mode there's no caret so you can't select text with keyboard, but you can navigate through file contents more easily (like in your browser). Turning it off makes it more like viewing a file in a text editor. and more...
Enjoy (or not)
PS: Ivanopoulo Rocks!!!
[Edit 2006/03/09] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2006/04/01] Added reg entries to make NFO and DIZ files default to Damn NFO Viewer.
[Edit 2007/07/07] Rebuilt to include an uninstaller and added some info files that were mising from original addon
[Edit 2007/07/27] Minor update to make uninstaller work with XP Home
[Edit 2007/07/29] Rebuilt optional components section
[Edit 2007/08/04] Fixed entries.ini, optimised some stuff in the inf file and used a rick trick to make new empty folder
[Edit 2007/08/26] Added a new reg section to restore file associations back to windoze default on uninstall