[Release] Onepiece IE7-8 XP/2003 Addon Maker

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
mionica

Post by mionica » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:22 am

hmmm.

any patches / options / whatever set when integrating with nlite? i find it pretty unlikely that the clean source i've been using for a while should fail all of a sudden (it's on my hdd, so scratches are :D unlikely). any other addons you're using along, nonno fabio?

if you can find the time to integrate just this pack and nothing else into a clean xp source, i'd be most eager to learn of your results. do remember that the error only happens at the end, during the 'saving settings' stage, and it's not apparent (except that setup wouldn't go any further).

I personally had to replace setup.exe with nu2menu.exe just to be able to start notepad and task manager.

To be honest, I didn't burn a CD and test that way - but experience has taught me that VMware Workstation is accurate enough to trust with everything except timings. Timings should not be a problem with regards to windows setup itself, I think.

If you don't find anything wrong, then I guess I'll just have to use the Integrator, diff its output against nLite's, and report.

--

P.S. Bug report (kinda): ieframe.dll.mui still has a full name in version 2.0.2 of the pack, unlike all others. Not exactly a bug, since fixing it does not change the results.
Mircea Horea IONICA
mionica@as.ro
+40 (0)766 694495

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:44 am

Sorry, we try but we can't reproduce this Saving Settings freeze error.

The way the addon uses to integrate IE7 doesn't involve that specific stage of Windows Setup.

Yes, ieframe.dll.mui and msfeedsbs.dll are not 8.3 compliant but this is needed and it is not cause of any problem.

It's pretty unlikely that Nlite is the guilty, too. 300 users have downloaded v2.0.2 and I don't think they are all Integrator users.

There's no need to burn a CD: VMs must work as well.

However if you want to give a try with Integrator and see what happens, we will appreciate
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

DigeratiPrime

Post by DigeratiPrime » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Had no luck getting "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.2_ENU.7z" to work properly with XP Pro SP2 and SP3using nLite 1.4.1 and RVM_Integrator_1.5RC7c.exe I got the same result where IE7 would open but not send or receive.

I am going to try "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.2_ENU_v3_For_RVMi.7z" and I noticed that it says
needs IE7.exe and hotfixes (KB938127,KB944533,KB947518,KB935560):
however the image shows

some of those hotfixes are different, I looked them up and it appears they are succeeded by the ones I've quoted. I was able to find all of these hotfixes except one:

KB938127 | Link
KB944533 | Link
KB947518 | Link
KB935560 | Discontinued?

Also I looked inside the entries_ie7.ini and it looks like one needs to append "IE7-" to the begining of "WindowsXP-KB938127-x86-ENU.exe" to work.

I tried that and I got many file copy errors during txt based setup and when I got into windows I had IE6.

[edit] now that I post this I see "Addons are compatible with integrator 1.4.3" :) will try again...

*Reaper*

Post by *Reaper* » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:28 am

DigeratiPrime......

If you are using Onepiece's Addon..... Shouldn't you be posting this in
his thread....

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4847

Instead of MrNxDmX's thread????

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:39 am

Indeed, Makave2345. Corrected.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:45 am

@digeratiPrime: image was referred to older hotfixes. Now I have posted an updated one.

If you like to use v3, you can download KB935560 from THS
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 am

FYI:

I used NonnoFabiao_IE7_v2.0.1_AddOn_ENU_v3_For_RVMi.7z 341.1 Kb
at T-13 with the latest Ryan pack and it was perfect... THANKS!!!!

mionica

Post by mionica » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I didn't get around to testing 2.0.2 with the integrator and to compare its results against nLite, but nonetheless, version 2.0.3 works. What changed?

And no, I am not integrating XP SP3.

I'm quite curios. My seed XP kit is quite "customized", but I don't see what could do funky stuff.

If it might matter, this is what I start with: XP SP2 source modified as follows:
- I have redistributed files in driver.cab / sp2.cab / drvindex.idx so that sp2.cab contains only files changed _after_ sp2 was released
- I have my own setup.exe (VC++), which basically launches both nu2menu and windows setup.exe (renamed xpsetup.exe) in parallel (so that I can do fancy stuff like running taskmgr, cmd, regedit, and winmine :) all that during setup)
- I have pre-integrated (by nLite) the Intel AHCI drivers (which are a requirement of most current-day laptops)
- the winntbbu.dll and winnt32.exe have certain changed resources in them.

None of these changes ever produced any side effect, not until 2.0.2, not after it.

P.S. Is there any chance I could persuade OnePiece / you to go back to 8.3? It's unpleasant to unpack / change dosnet.inf txtsetup.sif entries.ini / repack for each version ;)
Mircea Horea IONICA
mionica@as.ro
+40 (0)766 694495

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 am

the only thing changed in 2.0.3 is a line in entries.ini related to Syssetup.dll hexediting for XP SP3 v.3311.

there's absolutely no need to change any file inside the addon, when applied on a clean (untouched) source: Old 8.3 version was created only for working with Integrator 1.4. Present addon works flawlessly with Integrator 1.5 and Nlite

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:18 am

nonno fabio I was wondering if you guys could add this to the addon. MrNxDmX added it to his IE7 addon and it seems to fix the only error still left in my setuperr.log 8)

Code: Select all

[Del.PluginOcx.AddReg]
;Plugin.ocx deletion, thanks HJW
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-0",,"regsvr32 /u /s ""%11%\plugin.ocx"""
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-1",,"CMD /Q /C DEL ""%11%\plugin.ocx"" /Q/F"
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-2",,"CMD /Q /C DEL ""%11%\dllcache\plugin.ocx"" /Q/F"
Tell Onepiece thanks for his work and also thanks to you for keeping us updated.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:50 am

It's an UpdatePack problem but if it solves...

OK, this version should fix in a different way the plugin.ocx error in setuperr.log, caused by RVMUpdatePack.

CAUTION: Use only if you integrate RVM XP PostSP2 UpdatePack on your XP SP2 CD.
If you integrate SP3 on your XP CD, use 2.0.3 instead.

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_ENU_Only_for_RVM_Update_Pack.7z 8.5 MB
http://www.adrive.com/public/a8caaefa3a ... e1abc.html
Hash MD5 C47FC2D082882375A787FCE9C0DD3B43

windozer

Post by windozer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:17 am

nonno fabio wrote:It's an UpdatePack problem but if it solves...

OK, this version should fix in a different way the plugin.ocx error in setuperr.log, caused by RVMUpdatePack.

CAUTION: Use only if you integrate RVM XP PostSP2 UpdatePack on your XP SP2 CD.
If you integrate SP3 on your XP CD, use 2.0.3 instead.

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_ENU_Only_for_RVM_Update_Pack.7z 8.5 MB
http://www.adrive.com/public/a8caaefa3a ... e1abc.html
Hash MD5 C47FC2D082882375A787FCE9C0DD3B43
Can I use this with nLite? And if yes, in which order do I have to place/integrate it? Before or after RyanVM's update pack?

kontini

Post by kontini » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:56 am

Yes, you can use nLite inserting it after RVMUP.

windozer

Post by windozer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 am

kontini wrote:Yes, you can use nLite inserting it after RVMUP.
Thank you very much!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm

improved AddonCreators and RVMi "mini-addons", now simpler and fully international

Jondar

Post by Jondar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:17 am

I'm having problems downloading "RUN Automatic OnePiece IE7 v2.1.0 Own AddOn Creator International Only For RyanVM Update Pack.exe" AVG Free is reporting this file as infected with a virus that's coming up as "Dropper.Generic.VJK".

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?

EDIT: AVG Free is coming up as suspected virus on all three of the AddOn Creators :-(

Thanks in advance,

-- Jondar

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:03 am

it's a false positive, due to use of Quick Batch File Compiler.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 pm

nonno fabio wrote:improved AddonCreators and RVMi "mini-addons", now simpler and fully international
So as I understand it, the "true addons" that use the hotfixes in the plugin folder now only need to use v2.0.4, and not a v2.0.4_v1, v2 or v3 (depending on hotfixes in plugins folder) right?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Right.

You can choose to insert in Integrator plugin folder only critical updates or optional too.

Also you can use the same way for localized integration, different than English, without doing any modification to the addon structure.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 pm

You're not going to believe this (as I am still puzzled myself) but your addons are the source for my troubles on a x38 chipset system I posted about here

storprop.dll does not get copied over from driver.cab when integrating either OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_INTL_Only_for_RVMi.7z or OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_ENU_Only_for_RVM_Update_Pack.7z using integrator 1.5.1 and nothing else (not even rvm update pack). This was using v2.0.3 and now v2.0.4. I have spent two weeks agonizing over this problem with many combinations of rvm update + addons and have finally narrowed it down to the IE7 true addon. No clue how this causes it because IE7 is just a program and shouldn't affect system files (storprop.dll is the driver file that shows additional properties of storage devices like CDROM, raid array, single hard disk, etc.)

I do use driver packs, but in testing I only use mass_storage and chipset so my unattended install will see the RAID1 array to copy files in setup. Using the same driver packs without the IE7 true addon results in no error.

Where do I start to figure out why this is happening, what logs do you want to see?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:14 am

In fact, I don't believe IE7 is the reason ;)

Driver.cab is not touched in any way by IE7 addons and usually doesn't interfere with driverpacks (at least I think so: 4100 DLs of 2.0.4 addon and probably someone else make use of Driverpacks)

Some odd incompatibility between Integrator, Driverpacks, IE7 and that specific hardware? Don't know.

Try with Nlite 1.4.5 (in place of Integrator, only for testing) using the same addon combination and tell us if you have the same troubles

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:59 pm

nonno fabio wrote:In fact, I don't believe IE7 is the reason ;)

Driver.cab is not touched in any way by IE7 addons and usually doesn't interfere with driverpacks (at least I think so: 4100 DLs of 2.0.4 addon and probably someone else make use of Driverpacks)

Some odd incompatibility between Integrator, Driverpacks, IE7 and that specific hardware? Don't know.

Try with Nlite 1.4.5 (in place of Integrator, only for testing) using the same addon combination and tell us if you have the same troubles
Ok will try with nlite tonight - but just to let you know, the problem does not exist with MrDmx's IE7 addon using integrator 1.5.1.

To show I am not crazy, there are other instances of *possible* storprop problems (DVD writing not working) after installing IE7 out in the wild: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/asp ... abili.aspx

A very strange problem, for sure.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:34 pm

OK, used nLite 1.4.5 and OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU.7z (plus driverpacks masstorage afterwards), no error!

So I guess I now have to pester Siginet forums :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 am

NrMxDmx's excellent addon uses a different way to integrate itself in CD.

Ask Sigi if he has any ideas: usually these addons works fine with Integrator 1.5, especially the "mini" one, but perhaps there's some strange behavior with that specific configuration

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:48 am

nonno fabio wrote:NrMxDmx's excellent addon uses a different way to integrate itself in CD.

Ask Sigi if he has any ideas: usually these addons works fine with Integrator 1.5, especially the "mini" one, but perhaps there's some strange behavior with that specific configuration

I started a thread over at sigi's forum, ENU_User believes the problem lies within the syssetup.inf edits. Please feel free to contribute:

http://www.siginetsoftware.com/forum/sh ... php?p=3240

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 pm

i have learned its better not to mess with sysetup edits as its an nlite functionality

meaning why try to implement or imitate this when you already have nlite to do it all for you .. and better then you think ...plus it uses support if anything should get mixed with files .etc

besides you have nlite & integrator both at you're figure tips..and both are free to use.. why mix between their functionality.
we can have different addons with different tools ..

good luck!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't think Onepiece "messed with Sysetup". Syssetup.inf is touched only for a cosmetic question, to avoid Setuperr.log lists 4-5 files. However we're pretty sure that the problem pointed out by Fragbert has nothing to do with Syssetup.inf.

If you want to test, replace entries.ini and ie7.inf in the addon with the ones attached here: http://ifile.it/kps6vyj
The addon will not "mess with Sysetup" anymore (you will find a few setuperr.log warnings) and if the new addon will work for you, so the cause was syssetup.inf

The true addon doesn't imitate or implement a Nlite functionality: simply Nuhi (thx) was the first to apply the simpler method of IE7 integration using what Microsoft allows to do.

There's no need to make different addons for Nlite and Integrator. Once there was two different addons, only because old Integrator didn't tolerate the non-8.3-compliant IE7 files.

I remember that if someone want to be sure not to have any kind of problems, he can use NonnoFabio's svcpack addon. Or, better, "he can try a more friendly pack that doesn't use syssetup.inf edits or simply use nlite to integrate his packs"

:wink:

thx to you all for your patience

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:34 am

@Fragbert
nonno fabio wrote: if someone want to be sure not to have any kind of problems, he can use NonnoFabio's svcpack addon. Or, better, "he can try a more friendly pack that doesn't use syssetup.inf edits or simply use nlite to integrate his packs"

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 pm

ENU_user wrote:@Fragbert
nonno fabio wrote: if someone want to be sure not to have any kind of problems, he can use NonnoFabio's svcpack addon. Or, better, "he can try a more friendly pack that doesn't use syssetup.inf edits or simply use nlite to integrate his packs"
That isn't solving the problem, it's avoiding it :wink:

BTW - it's officially not a fluke anymore, another x38 board had the same problem pop up.

What is so special about x38?

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:33 pm

nonno fabio wrote:

If you want to test, replace entries.ini and ie7.inf in the addon with the ones attached here: http://ifile.it/kps6vyj
The addon will not "mess with Sysetup" anymore (you will find a few setuperr.log warnings) and if the new addon will work for you, so the cause was syssetup.inf
Thanks nonno, will test tonight!

marzsyndrome

Post by marzsyndrome » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Fragbert wrote:storprop.dll does not get copied over from driver.cab when integrating either OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_INTL_Only_for_RVMi.7z or OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_ENU_Only_for_RVM_Update_Pack.7z using integrator 1.5.1 and nothing else (not even rvm update pack).
Er, pardon me for pointing this out, but if you're not using the RVM Update Pack at all, then shouldn't you be using the designed-for-vanilla-SP2 "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU.7z" with Integrator?

Funnily enough, you then go on to mention using that archive with nLite!

;)

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:39 pm

@marzsyndrome :: it appears that you missed the "multi" part of the line ya quoted... looks to me like he tested two different addons both of which cause the same problem.. course i coulda missed something myself :)

TechnoHunter

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Just to clear up any confusion. 8.3 compliance is important for users who wish to install windows using winnt.exe (which is the cmdline setup file). If you boot to the disk then you won't have any problems with non 8.3 compliant files. ;)

BTW... nono fabio. I have made some progress on that script I spoke about earlier but I am not finished quite yet. I will let you know when I have something.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:29 am

Fragbert wrote: That isn't solving the problem, it's avoiding it :wink:
if thats gratitude towards you're evil twin! then I its all clear to me :P

i really wanted to help you more with this but I'm strung up with other things
hopefully you will soon figure whats it about or use other builds if you cant wait ...

good luck

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:51 am

nonno fabio wrote:If you want to test, replace entries.ini and ie7.inf in the addon with the ones attached here: http://ifile.it/kps6vyj
Testing results:

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_ENU_Only_for_RVM_Update_Pack.7z (modified) +RVM 2.2.1 + integrator 1.5.1 = ERROR GONE!

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.4_INTL_Only_for_RVMi.7z (modified) + integrator 1.5.1 =

But I think this error is due to overlooking something else, I will gladly re-test when fixed :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:00 pm

@fragbert:

I've forgotten to say that those file were the one for the true addon, not for Integrator Plugin addon. So is O.K. if this one doesn't work.
However it's really strange that this addon works with 5000 PCs but not for that specific hardware: if we could replicate it... however thx for your testing

Marzsyndrome is right but this can't be the cause of such an error.

@Siginet:

There's no hurryat all. I think Onepiece has developed a newer script: if you want, I can pvt it

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 pm

i think i may have an issue to report,after using the t13 addon in my setup, the browser has issues displaying an item,witch dosent let me complete the runonce config.its not a big issue but i though u guys should check it out if u haven the issue too.
the issue is:
line 81
char 5
error object dosent support this property or method
code 0

edit:
the problem is with all web pages acctualy.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

kalavera

Post by kalavera » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:20 pm

hi nonno fabio ... i used 2.0.3 addon and the runonceex.cmd problem reappeared :S.

Now i applied the only current workaround that is putting this command in my runonceex :
REG ADD %KEY% /V FLAGS /T REG_DWORD /D 128 /f

the applications this way start to install but hides the runonceex dialog.

Any solution? Thanks

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:50 am

@kalavera:
we don't have runonceex.cmd issues long since, neither with 2.0.3 nor with 2.0.4

have you added regtweaks using a .cmd file (or Nlite)? please try again in a vm on a clean CD only with IE7 addon without any regtweak and with no workaround, then report if runoncex.cmd is broken again

kalavera

Post by kalavera » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:57 am

@nonno fabio:
i have used xp sp3 5503 and your addon. putting the workaround registry it worked. also tried to put the original iernonce.dll (from sp2) (without workaround) and worked (the runonceex dialog appeared and started my installations correctly, but then inside windows, ie is strange, so it may need a newer version of the dll or something). so the problem is almost for sure in the iernonce.dll.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:39 am

Addons aren't tested yet with v5503 (OMG, a leaked build!!! ;) ).

we'll test it soon if there's something different and then we'll report

EDIT: retested and updated addon. Now it works with v5503 too and Runonceex.cmd keep on working flawless

roborobo

Post by roborobo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:53 pm

bober101 wrote:i think i may have an issue to report,after using the t13 addon in my setup, the browser has issues displaying an item,witch dosent let me complete the runonce config.its not a big issue but i though u guys should check it out if u haven the issue too.
the issue is:
line 81
char 5
error object dosent support this property or method
code 0

edit:
the problem is with all web pages acctualy.
Hi,

I had the same problem using the T13 addon (switchless installer). Almost all webpages would show those errors. Even the Microsoft Update site couldn't load because I could never see the ActiveX installation notification after the errors. I didn't have any RunOnce config items to take care of, so that wasn't part of my issue, but I'm sure it is the same.

There were 2 ways that I've fixed this:

At first, the way I fixed this was going into the installation CD and running the switchless installer again after the entire system was done. This resolved all my issues and I was able to use ActiveX controls, all the javascript displayed correctly, and all was right with the world.

Since this solution worked, I figured it must have been an issue with the order in which some of the Switchless Installers were running -- based on me running the switchless installer again after installation was complete. I had several switchless installer packs running, including runtime libraries and other items.

Ultimately, I decided to "fix" this by creating a new installation CD and reinstalling again. However, this time when I added the T13 Switchless Installer Addon for IE7, I added it as the very last switchless installer, so it would be the last one listed in the inf file during installation.

This worked great.

My thanks to the authors of these great addons!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:50 pm

roborobo wrote:...when I added the T13 Switchless Installer Addon for IE7, I added it as the very last switchless installer, so it would be the last one listed in the inf file during installation.
thank you, especially because you've reminded us of that ;)

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:54 am

How do I control what step the T13 installer runs at?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 am

Decompress the svcpack.in_ file and open with notepad. Edit then recompress.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:52 am

Added AddonCreator and RVMi Plugin t-13 versions

yiuc1

Post by yiuc1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 am

Hi, I'm using NonnoFabio_IE7AddOn_2.0.0_ENU.7z and it works great, thanks!

I have a question though. I searched the forums but didn't find an answer. Is it possible to stop the creation of the Favorites folders "Links" and "Microsoft Websites" for each new user? For IE6, I could use winnt.sif and the [FavoritesEx] section to do it.

I thought the folders would be located in Docs\Default User\Favorites, but they are not there.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:43 am

nonno fabio wrote:
roborobo wrote:...when I added the T13 Switchless Installer Addon for IE7, I added it as the very last switchless installer, so it would be the last one listed in the inf file during installation.
thank you, especially because you've reminded us of that ;)
That doesn't seem to work for me. No matter what... if I install IE7 at T13 then I have the runonce loop everytime I open IE. :( But if I install it within an installed windows it works fine. It's got to be some sort of registry setting that is not getting placed into the registry at the t13 stage. But I can't figure it out. Very weird.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:31 am

@Siginet:
When you start IE7 for the first time, it goes here and immediately after it switches to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx: do you have the loop in that stage?

Unfortunately we try to reproduce the error without success: does it occur on a clean XP sp2 without any other addon?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:40 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@Siginet:
When you start IE7 for the first time, it goes here and immediately after it switches to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx: do you have the loop in that stage?

Unfortunately we try to reproduce the error without success: does it occur on a clean XP sp2 without any other addon?
Yes it does loop like that. But the issue is when saving settings. It does not sve the settings. It only happens when it is installed at the SVCPACK stage.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician