Mrs Peel's state of affairs.

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Kelsenellenelvian

Mrs Peel's state of affairs.

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun May 04, 2008 11:47 pm

I heard a rumor that Mrs Peel had been having some trouble so I emailed her to find out what is up with her and why she hasn't updated her site for some time.

I won't post the reply email because it is quite long and too personal in parts, but these are the main points:

In mid-March she became suddenly ill and collapsed and her cat was also suddenly ill and her landlords cat also became ill and suddenly died. After weeks of medical tests, cancer checkups, toxicology reports and interviewing neighbours, she discovered her new landlord had been using toxic chemicals around her apartment and also had exterminator out who fumigated the property without being told by her landlord that she was home sleeping at the time with her windows open.

She's finally got all the evidence and toxicology reports to prove that she (and also her cat) have been poisoned and they are both in treatment, but getting together all the evidence to sue this bastard and recover her health has taken up all her time and energy. Her circumstances have entitled her to go on the waiting list for emergency government housing and so she will suddenly be moving house when one becomes available.

She is in a very bad way right now and her landlord is being very hostile to her and still refusing to follow the law about use of toxic substances. She's strung out and exhausted all the time, she had to pull out of her college studies for the year because of chronic fatigue and poor concentration, and so obviously she hasn't had time to finish off her addon updates as she promised.

She sent me a link to what she has been doing with her releases (I won't share it here because I don't think she would want me to pass it along before it is fully ready to go public) and I can see how busy she has been working on this project and how thrilled her addon users are going to be when thy see the improvements (including about 50 new releases)

I thought it would help if people knew what she is up against at the moment and how much good work she has been doing behind the scenes that we haven't been aware of. I think she just wanted it to be a big suprise when she presented the finished project, so I hope she won't think I ruined the surprise by giving you this update on her state of affairs.

Her grand new project is nearly finished and as soon as she finishes moving I am sure she will be back in full force!

I wish her well and hope all of you bashers will shut the hell up now. Blessed Be...

roirraWedorehT

Re: Mrs Peel's state of affairs.

Post by roirraWedorehT » Mon May 05, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks for the update, Kels. I wish her the best!
Kelsenellenelvian wrote:I wish her well and hope all of you bashers will shut the hell up now. Blessed Be...
LOL! :shock: :lol:

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:51 am

i think this should be stickied... its probably for the best...as much as i might prefer to use my secret weapon when people come around asking about dead links http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5726
muuhahaha :evil: :twisted:

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Mon May 05, 2008 1:23 am

I think I can speak for most people on this forum when we only wish Mrs. Peel the best. As a fan of her wonderful addons, I can appreciate the need for her taking care of herself *first*. It is unfortunate that a person can completely ruin another persons life.

We thank you for the update on her, Kelsenellenelvian. Once again, I wish her nothing but the best outcome for her situation.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Mon May 05, 2008 2:09 am

her landlord is gonna be pwnt hard soon... I hope she puts him out of business... for good... thats just F'd... before I got to the part where it mentioned the fumigation I was thinking it was going to be something to do with mold/mildew which can be very dangerous and is something to look for before purchasing or renting even a property, water damages aren't always taken care of properly and when they aren't can be just as sickening and deadly even as this chemical fumigation she has endured... I wouldn't wish either on ANYONE... accept maybe her landlord... he obviously is asking for it...
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon May 05, 2008 2:36 am

She is seeking legal actions against him.

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Mon May 05, 2008 3:06 am

may the brightness of health shine upon her, and i believe the law will stop her landlord from using such substances, and of course, lead a good result to ms peels.
Last edited by yumeyao on Mon May 05, 2008 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Mon May 05, 2008 3:16 am

Hope you feel better soon MrsPeel. (and your cat too)

Warm thanks for all you have contributed to this community.

cosy

Post by cosy » Mon May 05, 2008 5:57 am

I wish her all the best all what she is going through

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Mon May 05, 2008 7:17 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope Mrs. Peels, and cat get better soon.

Oron123
Location: In the tavern in the village of Fleur de lis near Calypso - StS

Post by Oron123 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Best of luck to her in all matters, and I wish she will get better and be cured from what she has.
Addons are least needed now, in her state, and her health is much more important.
I thank you very-very much, Mrs. Peel, and I bet all other happy addon users do.
An advice for life: Do not argue with people who have no knowledge.
They aren't aware of what they say/write and will drag you down to their level.
www.TecHappens.com

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

I love cats.

Just can't eat a whole one.

Hey, get well soon and we'll all be here when you are up to coming back!

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Mon May 05, 2008 5:09 pm

newsposter wrote:I love cats. Just can't eat a whole one.
ROFL! :lol:

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm

And for more 'cat' fun....

http://www.lolcats.com/

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Mon May 05, 2008 8:14 pm

Nice...

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the post, Kel. Stickying...
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue May 06, 2008 11:42 am

Holy Crap! :( I hope mrs peel gets better soon. This is awfull news. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Tue May 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Get well soon Mrs Peel. we all miss you around here and wish you the best of luck.

ScOOt3r
Go Canada Go!

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 am

We miss you Mrs. Peel! Get well soon. We're all pulling for you.

Karma is a M'F'r. That landlord will be hating life soon.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

SnogBird

Hoooooly sh*t!!

Post by SnogBird » Fri May 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Damn, Mrs. P!! Get the rat bastard!! Henry and I are coming up to kick his verminated little butt (Henry being my cat). That is just insane!

Hope you get the police or whomever involved so you can recover in your own home... Get well soon, and sue him till he's naked in the street!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Kiki Burgh

Post by Kiki Burgh » Sat May 10, 2008 7:34 am

thanks for the update kel! i have been a user of her addons too and this news is just awful! get well soon Mrs. Peel ... GOD BLESS!
-KIKI-

bushhog

Post by bushhog » Sat May 10, 2008 2:56 pm

We wish you a rapid recovery and all the best MrsPeel. God bless and hurry back. We miss your smiling face!
Please forgive my stupidity...I'm just trying to make sense of it all

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Sat May 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Best of wishes Mrs.Peel and hope you get better soon, and may your landlord get the curse of a million groin itches.

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sat May 10, 2008 8:23 pm

I hate the itching but I kind of like the burning.

GasPipeJimmy
Banned

Post by GasPipeJimmy » Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Did it occur to anybody that "Mrs. Peel" is just a whack-job with a flair for the dramatic?
So her landlord is trying to surreptitiously poison her (and her cat), but now she FINALLY gathered together the evidence after sleeping through the fumigation of her house?
Yeah... right! :rolleyes:

Lots of paranoid schizophrenics believe someone is trying to poison them, but that doesn't make it so.
I think her next "grand new project" should be to find a combination of anti-psychotics that work.

So what is this "evidence" she has?

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sat May 10, 2008 9:12 pm

What is YOUR evidence!? You f*cking nut job. Read the post again and get your information straight. Where does it say she slept through the fumigation of her house? You don't need poison inside your house in order to be poisoned, I know as having worked for a company that poisoned a family by negligence. No, I won't name them so don't ask. And for that matter, who said she was even home when it happened?

You're concocting a conspiracy theory more complicated than Mrs. Peel's.

I'll tell you what, let's go buy a bunch of fumigation products and spray them all over your house while you're gone and see how your body reacts.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat May 10, 2008 9:49 pm

@ GasPipeJimmy :

I have seen some of the evidence.

You need to just shut the hell up.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sat May 10, 2008 10:30 pm

GasPipeJimmy wrote:Did it occur to anybody that "Mrs. Peel" is just a whack-job with a flair for the dramatic?
So her landlord is trying to surreptitiously poison her (and her cat), but now she FINALLY gathered together the evidence after sleeping through the fumigation of her house?
Yeah... right! :rolleyes:

Lots of paranoid schizophrenics believe someone is trying to poison them, but that doesn't make it so.
I think her next "grand new project" should be to find a combination of anti-psychotics that work.

So what is this "evidence" she has?
GasPipeJimmy, I think what you are saying disrespects someone of our community. First of all, how do you know that she is 'schizophrenic'? Do you personally know Mrs. Peel? She may have her outbursts, but she is *kind* enough to create the addons on this site. I think you need to leave her alone. Unless you personally know her, I think you should give her the benefit of doubt instead of accusing her of craziness.

There are a great deal of people here that know that Mrs. Peel does good work. I do not know her personally, but I do know that she works harder than most of the rest of us to keep the addons up to date. *WE* wish her nothing but the best.

Get well soon Mrs. Peel.
--Anonymous

GasPipeJimmy
Banned

Post by GasPipeJimmy » Sat May 10, 2008 11:18 pm

[quote="roirraW "edor""]What is YOUR evidence!? You f*cking nut job. Read the post again and get your information straight. Where does it say she slept through the fumigation of her house? [/quote]

Here:
Kelsenellenelvian wrote:After weeks of medical tests, cancer checkups, toxicology reports and interviewing neighbours, she discovered her new landlord had been using toxic chemicals around her apartment and also had exterminator out who fumigated the property without being told by her landlord that she was home sleeping at the time with her windows open.
I think those giving credence to her fantasies of persecution aren't doing really doing her any favors.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat May 10, 2008 11:25 pm

You are a f*cking moron...

The fumigator was spraying the yard OUTSIDE of the house and around the edges of the house. The landlord failed to tell the exterminator that someone was sleeping in the basement at the time. I don't know about you but I can sleep through a lot of shit and spraying the yard and the outside of the house does not make much noise.

I am not going to breach her privacy by posting the proof she has shown me. However, you can take mine, booggy's and most likely ryans word as to her state of health and some of the problems she has had going on with her.

Just to say someone is psychotic or has a psychosis is extremly rude especially considering all that she has done for this forum in the past.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 am

wow.. just wow.
GasPipeJimmy your words are highly uncalled for. not only rude but disrespectful. people like you should not be allowed on this forum.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Sun May 11, 2008 4:00 pm

I just want to say that we all stand on her side, including me ;)
I hope she will be on the better hand as time progresses and that she has enough courage & strength left to put that miserable inhumane monster out of business...
Get well Mrs. Peel !!!

For crying out loud, that GPJ person, has lost it himself I guess

KaptBlasto

Post by KaptBlasto » Sat May 17, 2008 8:40 am

Well, To Help Mrs. Peel, How 'bout we call Capital One....

Why...?

The answer is simple!

the evil space overlord decided against them for building his Capital One Credit card!

The same ones his Robot Henchman suggested he use! The ones we almost do not dare deploy, for fear of destroying HALF THE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT!

YES, we must deploy .....

WAR KITTIES!

They'll FUBAR THAT GUY....and possibly everything else in their wake, TOO!
On a quiet night you can hear an old Packard Bell Box squall as it finally gives up the ghost, and yet another disgruntled victim of BillG, curses loudly as they crate it up and head back to COMPUSA to violently hurl it at the low-paid, pimply faced, customer service techs, placed there as cannon fodder, forever having to call on managers that never ever come to approve of the return.

boki15

Post by boki15 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:47 pm

I dindn't come to this forum for longer time and one of the first threads that I read was this one, which made me sad&angry!

I am sad because of MrsP and angry because of the landlord and people posting provocating stuff in this thread!

I hope everthing will be ok with MrsP and the landlord should be charged, if not then someone should do at least the same with him, what he did to MrsP!

greets :)
boki15

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sat May 17, 2008 7:03 pm

There is no news of this on any of the usual NZ web sites....

Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis » Sat May 17, 2008 7:32 pm

I wasn't aware as I haven't visited frequently but I know she has contributed some good stuff and no one deserved what happened to her so I wish her all the best in getting it all resolved.

Eron

Post by Eron » Fri May 23, 2008 2:40 am

best of wishes to Mrs Peel from me.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 am

Get well soon Mrs Peel :)

I haven't had much chance to get to know you, but even a few PM's a few years ago made me appreciate you and your character.

arco

Post by arco » Fri May 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Wish you the best Mrs Peel.

cometoluc

Post by cometoluc » Sat May 24, 2008 6:14 am

Get well soon, i wish you all the best Mss Peel.

ontheteam

Post by ontheteam » Sat May 24, 2008 11:30 am

I, too, want to wish Mrs Peel well.

And to everyone else, don't forget that you can show your support with a donation for her web hosting bill.

http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=8303 (this is the link address from her site's "donate" button.) Or go to her site and click the Donate button on your own.

The donation doesn't have to be significant (although significant IS good). They take PayPal and major credit cards.

Just think... if every 'thank you' or 'get well' were at least $1 (or $25)...

[Since I can't buy her (and her cat) dinner, this will have to do.]
Aaron

*** Thank an addon maker (and every other integrator guru you run into).

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

rds_correia

Post by rds_correia » Sun May 25, 2008 4:04 am

This thread makes me sick.
Just to think that after Kel unveiled this horrible news to us STILL there are some here that prefer to think that MrsPeel is out of her mind...
After all the hard work she had with her addons that she gave everybody for free it just shows how dreadful some people can be.
If someone can't find a couple of comforting words for MrsPeel then you better shut the f**k up instead of making up all those horrible sick stories about her.
I say some posts (including mine) should get deleted and that the thread should be locked and kept stickied, but that's only me.
Rui

Yep, he's back for good :P.
Axl, WTF took you so long when we needed you so much??!!

GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES!

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Mon May 26, 2008 3:03 am

I think that guy's posts should be deleted. *shrug*

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 26, 2008 10:03 am

GasPipeJimmy has been banned and he's not welcome to come back. Let it go, guys.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Spartan Niner

Post by Spartan Niner » Wed May 28, 2008 1:33 pm

rds_correia wrote:Just to think that after Kel unveiled this horrible news to us STILL there are some here that prefer to think that MrsPeel is out of her mind...
After all the hard work she had with her addons that she gave everybody for free it just shows how dreadful some people can be.
MrsPeel *is* out of her mind: she's willing to help ungrateful bast4rds in spite of their being jackholes. :wink:

I for one have used her addons for a long time and much appreciate them, and this forum in general. Hope she gets her health and other issues sorted out soon, and well.
Blue Devils '09

KaptBlasto

Post by KaptBlasto » Sat May 31, 2008 1:23 pm

KaptBlasto wrote:Well, To Help Mrs. Peel, How 'bout we call Capital One....

Why...?

The answer is simple!

the evil space overlord decided against them for building his Capital One Credit card!

The same ones his Robot Henchman suggested he use! The ones we almost do not dare deploy, for fear of destroying HALF THE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT!

YES, we must deploy .....

WAR KITTIES!

They'll FUBAR THAT GUY....and possibly everything else in their wake, TOO!
STILL ..... Deploying the war kittens seems like a REALY GOOD IDEA to me....

Please get better Mrs. Peel....thank you for your addons...and I hope that you come back soon....OH! one more thing....if you do happen to be in the NKY area....stop by for GREAT RIBS at Eddie's BBQ...don't forget to get me, tho' I gotta get me some of them ribs too!
On a quiet night you can hear an old Packard Bell Box squall as it finally gives up the ghost, and yet another disgruntled victim of BillG, curses loudly as they crate it up and head back to COMPUSA to violently hurl it at the low-paid, pimply faced, customer service techs, placed there as cannon fodder, forever having to call on managers that never ever come to approve of the return.

KaptBlasto

Post by KaptBlasto » Sat May 31, 2008 1:24 pm

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBS!

:-)

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 pm

pray and hope she get well soon

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:02 pm

It has been a month since the first post. Do we know if there has been any progress made? Has Mrs Peel gotten any better?
--Anonymous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:34 am

Tis a very very good question. I haven't heard from her in over 2 weeks.

The last I heard she was getting better and looking for a new place to move to.