Multi user interface MUI

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
Post Reply
cometoluc
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:14 am
Location: Belgium

Multi user interface MUI

Post by cometoluc » Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 am

i wonder? is there a way to integrate the MUI in a windows xp sp3. It would be nice to have the different languages installed with the unattended installation of windows

TheSickman
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by TheSickman » Sat May 31, 2008 11:35 am

i did in a SP3

folder MUI in $OEM$ folder

and in me cmdlines.txt

Code: Select all

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"REGEDIT /S Reader.reg"
".\MUI\muisetup.exe /i 0413 /d 0413 /l /f /r /s"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB883921.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB925877.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\IE7MUI.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
this was unatended dutch (0413)

cometoluc
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:14 am
Location: Belgium

Post by cometoluc » Sat May 31, 2008 3:48 pm

thanks, i will give it a try

Raspro
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Raspro » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 pm

TheSickman wrote:i did in a SP3

folder MUI in $OEM$ folder

and in me cmdlines.txt

Code: Select all

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"REGEDIT /S Reader.reg"
".\MUI\muisetup.exe /i 0413 /d 0413 /l /f /r /s"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB883921.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB925877.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\IE7MUI.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
this was unatended dutch (0413)
I had this shortcut for this MUI updates, but can't find it.

I will realy apreciate if place it here ( nl, pt, pt-br, sp, fr )

Thanks in advance.

TheSickman
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by TheSickman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:24 am

Raspro wrote:
TheSickman wrote:i did in a SP3

folder MUI in $OEM$ folder

and in me cmdlines.txt

Code: Select all

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"REGEDIT /S Reader.reg"
".\MUI\muisetup.exe /i 0413 /d 0413 /l /f /r /s"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB883921.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\KB925877.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
".\MUI\UPDATES\IE7MUI.exe /Q /O /N /Z"
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
this was unatended dutch (0413)
I had this shortcut for this MUI updates, but can't find it.

I will realy apreciate if place it here ( nl, pt, pt-br, sp, fr )

Thanks in advance.
These aren't only updates
you must have the MUI cd's

kbal
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am

Post by kbal » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:54 am

For ages i have been waiting for something like this!
Would you be so kind to explain the whole procedure please, i have the MUI discs but don't know how to slipstream?

My Mommy says I am Special, so i'll need a step by step thingy 2 follow.

EDIT:
this iz me on the pic. Ill be in Slovenia soon.
Image

User avatar
roirraWedorehT
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:44 am

LOL!
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64

TheSickman
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by TheSickman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 am

kbal wrote:For ages i have been waiting for something like this!
Would you be so kind to explain the whole procedure please, i have the MUI discs but don't know how to slipstream?

My Mommy says I am Special, so i'll need a step by step thingy 2 follow.

EDIT:
this iz me on the pic. Ill be in Slovenia soon.
Image
whay i did wasn't slipstreaming

i just put content of MUI cd in folder MUI in $OEM$ folder

kbal
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am

Post by kbal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm unable to locate this 'MUI' folder on an XP SP3 English CD?

User avatar
beats
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:11 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by beats » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

MUI is not included with the XP cdrom.

kbal
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am

Post by kbal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 am

I have the language installation (SLV), but where should i put it on the XP disc...

User avatar
SymSpaceT
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by SymSpaceT » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:21 pm

For a language-specific installation of IE8 MUI, see this thread:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=


SST

Post Reply