Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:36 am

I have reported all issues to Onepiece: I'm sure he'll verify if they are related to updatepack or not.
Outbreaker wrote:Is ther a new version caming out whit the new WGAV and KB958644 ?
No, there isn't... at this moment. Next one will have KB958644, WGAV and uninstallable WGAN
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

wire
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 am

Post by wire » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:23 am

I can confirm the MSI installer problem too. The installs work from the local machine but I have load of strange errors in the event log, as follow

The description for Event ID ( 1040 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: {90120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}, 376, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

The description for Event ID ( 1035 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system, 12.0.6215.1000, 1033, 0, (NULL), , .

The description for Event ID ( 1042 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: {90120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}, 800, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

Yet everything appears to have install correctly, apart from anything from a mapped drive.

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 pm

bober101 wrote:compstuff:

ure integrating DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_AddOn_0.5.1_-_redxii.7z
but 1st post states the aio already has DX.
bober101... great find THANKS... I will make a test with the correction :oops:

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:58 pm

nonno fabio wrote:I have reported all issues to Onepiece: I'm sure he'll verify if they are related to updatepack or not.
Outbreaker wrote:Is ther a new version caming out whit the new WGAV and KB958644 ?
No, there isn't... at this moment. Next one will have KB958644, WGAV and uninstallable WGAN
So that means i must deinstall WGAN after the windows install ?
And i waited now 2 mouth to use this updatePack but alwas if a new version cames out a user reports a Bug and i must wait again a mouth for a new version that sucks. I am really get forced to switch to an other pack :(

User avatar
Pasha_ZZZ
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 am
Location: Russia, Slobodskoy

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:37 am

wire wrote:I can confirm the MSI installer problem too.
Look here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6795
Same promlems with SP3 integrated only

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 am

Outbreaker wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:I have reported all issues to Onepiece: I'm sure he'll verify if they are related to updatepack or not.
Outbreaker wrote:Is ther a new version caming out whit the new WGAV and KB958644 ?
No, there isn't... at this moment. Next one will have KB958644, WGAV and uninstallable WGAN
So that means i must deinstall WGAN after the windows install ?
And i waited now 2 mouth to use this updatePack but alwas if a new version cames out a user reports a Bug and i must wait again a mouth for a new version that sucks. I am really get forced to switch to an other pack :(
99,9% of Onepiece's XP Update Pack downloaders never pointed out any bug at all and IMHO no one of the few issues posted here was a critical one.

This is called All In One Update Pack, so WGAN will be there because it's mandatory for MU/WU. Despite that, as many users with a genuine Windows license don't like WGAN, it can be easily uninstalled after windows setup, even by "pirates", and only WGAV will remain.

Anyway, if you think that XP AIO pack sucks why persist in for so long time? RyanVM's is safer, excluding several uncommon hotfixes and especially stuff like IE7, a real pile of... troubles.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

XIII
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:47 am

Post by XIII » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 am

Nonno, there are also people that appreciate the hard work by OnePiece and you. I'm one of them...

This new pack you are talking about, is that the November release, or will there be an interim release?
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 pm

nonno fabio wrote:99,9% of Onepiece's XP Update Pack downloaders never pointed out any bug at all and IMHO no one of the few issues posted here was a critical one.
If i must choose to install few HotFixe manual and have a Bug free windows then i thing i use the manual option. ;)
nonno fabio wrote:This is called All In One Update Pack, so WGAN will be there because it's mandatory for MU/WU. Despite that, as many users with a genuine Windows license don't like WGAN, it can be easily uninstalled after windows setup, even by "pirates", and only WGAV will remain.
What is the point to include WGAN mmmm ohhh yes none its only waste of PC resources.
Why is no UpdatePack including WGAN ? because no one wants this ....
It's funny that ther are really people out ther that support .... like this.

djkc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by djkc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Outbreaker wrote: Why is no UpdatePack including WGAN ? because no one wants this ....
Except the people like me that do. I generally install 10-20 machines each week and am required to do all updates from MS including WGAN. It doesn't take much time to do it, but multiply that by 500-1000 times over the course of the year... Sure there are addons for adding it seperately, but I rather like having an All in One pack that doesn't require me keeping track of a bunch of seperate addons that also need to be updated.

Oh, and thanks for your work Nonno and Onepiece.

XIII
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:47 am

Post by XIII » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm not sure whether I reported this before, but the first time I try to open the "User accounts" control panel, I get an error screen informing me that there is an error in res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/nusrmgr.hta

What could be wrong here?
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

User avatar
bober101
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: canadia!

Post by bober101 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:23 pm

nonno fabio, can you ask onepeice to verify that the GMT-05:00 eastern time (US&CANADA) entry is not swaped with the GMT-04:00 Atlantic eastern time entry. cause i have to set it to -4:00 to have the right hour,and normaly its -5:00.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

User avatar
galileo
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Post by galileo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 pm

bober101 wrote:nonno fabio, can you ask onepeice to verify that the GMT-05:00 eastern time (US&CANADA) entry is not swaped with the GMT-04:00 Atlantic eastern time entry. cause i have to set it to -4:00 to have the right hour,and normaly its -5:00.
...be sure to verify your Daylight Saving Time setting.... :rolleyes:

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 pm

djkc wrote:
Outbreaker wrote: Why is no UpdatePack including WGAN ? because no one wants this ....
Except the people like me that do. I generally install 10-20 machines each week and am required to do all updates from MS including WGAN.
WTF you are required to install WGAN :rolleyes:
90% of the people dont want it if you want it to make your PC's faste :) the you can include it with nLite or at RunOnce.

User avatar
bober101
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: canadia!

Post by bober101 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:56 pm

galileo wrote:
bober101 wrote:nonno fabio, can you ask onepeice to verify that the GMT-05:00 eastern time (US&CANADA) entry is not swaped with the GMT-04:00 Atlantic eastern time entry. cause i have to set it to -4:00 to have the right hour,and normaly its -5:00.
...be sure to verify your Daylight Saving Time setting.... :rolleyes:
owww come on im not that bad,lol. prety sure some new hotfixes concerning timezone are the culprit.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

User avatar
galileo
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Post by galileo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

bober101 wrote:owww come on im not that bad,lol. prety sure some new hotfixes concerning timezone are the culprit.
ROFLOL...HA...not you, rather that would be my kind of faux pas.

Yes, I would agree that there was most likely something related to time zones located somewhere in the updates.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:16 am

Ok, let's recapitulate:
- USB non-recognized drivers Nick_white/pawan issue: we can't reproduce it in a VM (no time to test it in a real one, at the moment:( ) have you the same issue with previous UPs?
- .msi file not-installing-from-other-drivePC-in-a-mapped-network Nick_white/Wire issue: no network to test it :( I guess the culprit is installer 4.5. Have you the same issue with previous UPs?
- timezone Bober101 issue: that f... timezone updates! obviously UP 1.6.x was ok...?
- user accounts CPL XIII issue: Have you the same issue with previous UPs?

Have I missed something? I'm afraid Outbreaker should be right: those new hotfixes suck... :?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:38 am

Outbreaker wrote:
djkc wrote:
Outbreaker wrote: Why is no UpdatePack including WGAN ? because no one wants this ....
Except the people like me that do. I generally install 10-20 machines each week and am required to do all updates from MS including WGAN.
WTF you are required to install WGAN :rolleyes:
90% of the people dont want it if you want it to make your PC's faste :) the you can include it with nLite or at RunOnce.
but where's the problem, if the first thing you can do the first time you start XP updated with Onepiece's Pack is unistalling WGAN from Add/Remove Windows Components page?
Even if you have a pirated XP copy (I'm sure it isn't so...) you'll see the "error" message only once, then you stop it and no more annoyances and memory waste
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

wire
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 am

Post by wire » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 am

nonno fabio wrote:Ok, let's recapitulate:
- USB non-recognized drivers Nick_white/pawan issue: we can't reproduce it in a VM (no time to test it in a real one, at the moment:( ) have you the same issue with previous UPs?
- .msi file not-installing-from-other-drivePC-in-a-mapped-network Nick_white/Wire issue: no network to test it :( I guess the culprit is installer 4.5. Have you the same issue with previous UPs?
- timezone Bober101 issue: that f... timezone updates! obviously UP 1.6.x was ok...?
- user accounts CPL XIII issue: Have you the same issue with previous UPs?

Have I missed something? I'm afraid Outbreaker should be right: those new hotfixes suck... :?
nonno fabio, No the previous update pack was fine, well those event log entries are there but MSI's install from a mapped network drive install fine. (Sophos updating fine as 1 example) I've manually added all the updates included in 1.7.0 and get the same error so my guess is M$ doing there usual trick of fixing something else in one of these patches and not telling anyone. Looks like i'll have to apply them one by one!

BTW The update pack rocks!

User avatar
pawan
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:43 pm
Location: India

Post by pawan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 am

nonno fabio wrote:Ok, let's recapitulate:
- USB non-recognized drivers Nick_white/pawan issue: we can't reproduce it in a VM (no time to test it in a real one, at the moment:( ) have you the same issue with previous UPs?
the problem is with all the drivers, as I am using the same on my office pc, and whenever I install new hardware (printers etc) the error screen come. The previous update pack was fine. But I have already mentioned before that the problem occurs only with ryanvmintegrator, nlite is fine.

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:53 am

nonno fabio wrote:but where's the problem, if the first thing you can do the first time you start XP updated with Onepiece's Pack is unistalling WGAN from Add/Remove Windows Components page?
Even if you have a pirated XP copy (I'm sure it isn't so...) you'll see the "error" message only once, then you stop it and no more annoyances and memory waste
This "Add/Remove Windows Components page" dosen't remove ewriting.
And because i don't support this stupid WGAN doesn't mean i have a Pirated version and ther are also a lot of working online Keys out ther for XP.
Why not make a separat addont why force user to install WGAN ?
Even to make a addon for this junk is crazy. ;)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 am

@wire: thanks. If you wish to do some testing I could provide you a windows Installer 4.5 Addon to integrate in a clean XP cd so we can identify if it is the culprit... Can you tell me also if Qfecheck claims about KB942288-v3?

@pawan: thanks, glad to know that. Qfecheck claims about anything?

@XIII: in our VM XP User Accounts CPL and all its links open without popups. We saw same problem some time ago with w2k Update Pack and the cause was a critical MS hotfix. Could you retry a new installation from a clean XP CD with RVMi-ed XP UpdatePack only?

@Outbreaker: with next Onepiece XP Update Pack you can remove WGAN. Why force users? We don't force anyone to use this UpdatePack. This is born to be an AllInOne Update pack: it's WindowsUpdate which forces anyone to install WGAN, more than DX updates, WMP11 or Root certificates. So, it's junk but it's logic that it's there.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

wire
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 am

Post by wire » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 am

nonno fabio@ Sure thing if you think it will help..

UPDATE: Clean xp sp3 base image with update pack 1.6.0 and this months critical updates minus KB956390 and KB956391 which i forgot. Still the information entries in the event log but msi installs work. Will add more and get back to you.

Edit:

KB942288-v3

Description"="Hotfix for Windows XP (KB942288-v3)"
"InstalledDate"="Version 1.6.0"
"InstalledBy"="OnePiece Update Pack"
"Type"="Update"

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:15 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@Outbreaker: with next Onepiece XP Update Pack you can remove WGAN. Why force users? We don't force anyone to use this UpdatePack. This is born to be an AllInOne Update pack: it's WindowsUpdate which forces anyone to install WGAN, more than DX updates, WMP11 or Root certificates. So, it's junk but it's logic that it's there.
Windows Update lets you choose it if you want to install it.
Why not make a WGAN addon OR 2 Packs on with and one without WGAN OR an addon that removes WGAN form the UpdatePack.
And i don't use this Pack because it is a AllInOne but because it has more HotFix'es.

nick_white
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by nick_white » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 pm

nonno fabio wrote: - .msi file not-installing-from-other-drivePC-in-a-mapped-network Nick_white/Wire issue: no network to test it :(
I wasn't testing it on a real network.
Installed the updated WinXP image in VirtualBox + VBox Guest Additions. Added a shared folder (which contained installers including MSI), mapped it in the guest OS ("net use x: \\vboxsvr\<Share_name>") and tried to install.

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:09 pm

hello nonno fabio, i've been thinking about using your addon here for the very first time. now i've read that your next revision will contain wgan and i see a few people complaining about this..

i think people arent complaining about it being included but rather what it does after its installed.

now i dont know too much about it so i'll copy and paste what i've read before:
RaGhul wrote:N stands for Notifications.
V stands for Verification.

What does that mean? I can only give a very rough understanding of the difference btwn the two:
Verification checks your Windows one time to make sure it's valid. That's it. Whereas the Notifications will leave you the infamous "star" in your system tray if your Windows is not "Genuine", thus many users say the N stands for "Nag". It also constantly pings Microsoft to check new serials, as well as look for updates to WGA.

Therefore, in a nutshell, WGAV is the better addon, IMHO. It will let you skip the first MU screen, without having Windows nag you. Plus, you won't get bothered by the tray thingy. And you won't lose any internet performance due to M$'s constant pinging.

As always, this is "afaik", so plz correct me if I'm wrong.... :wink:

anyways, maybe there is a way to make both sides happy. to include it but also disable the annoyances? seems like once upon a time someone did make an addon with this in mind http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... light=wgan

but it seems to have been abandoned. but perhaps you could do something similar by including wgan so mu wont ask to download it but also disabling the wgatray.exe and wgalogon.dll stuff


anyways, its just a thought

XIII
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:47 am

Post by XIII » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@XIII: in our VM XP User Accounts CPL and all its links open without popups. We saw same problem some time ago with w2k Update Pack and the cause was a critical MS hotfix. Could you retry a new installation from a clean XP CD with RVMi-ed XP UpdatePack only?
The problem I reported happened with a clean install of an nLite 1.4.9.1 installation with only this pack (and some drivers).

I don't use RVM... Do I really need to test it with that?
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 am

Clandren... thanks very much for that explanation as I too have been completely confused regarding the entire issue... adding to my confusion has been the fact that I have always used either Ryan's or someone elses WGA addon and have never really experienced any problems or issues... yes I do have 100% legit versions which may be why I don't really ever see anything

Along the same lines of your research it seems to be wgatray and wgalogon that are the items in question ...I see you also posted in this thread http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84555#84555 and the original addon referenced NO wgatray and wgalogon so I started using Xables updated addon lately with no adverse effects (that I know of) yet that one IS WGAN... :rolleyes:

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:44 am

nick_white wrote:
nonno fabio wrote: - .msi file not-installing-from-other-drivePC-in-a-mapped-network Nick_white/Wire issue: no network to test it :(
I wasn't testing it on a real network.
Installed the updated WinXP image in VirtualBox + VBox Guest Additions. Added a shared folder (which contained installers including MSI), mapped it in the guest OS ("net use x: \\vboxsvr\<Share_name>") and tried to install.
If you mean this:
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 439tm1.png
http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 441ff6.png
http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 442zc0.png
using VMWARE msi files can be executed from a mapped network drive.

If so, maybe there's some incompatibility between a new fix and Virtualbox network emulation...?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

pawan wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:Ok, let's recapitulate:
- USB non-recognized drivers Nick_white/pawan issue: we can't reproduce it in a VM (no time to test it in a real one, at the moment:( ) have you the same issue with previous UPs?
the problem is with all the drivers, as I am using the same on my office pc, and whenever I install new hardware (printers etc) the error screen come. The previous update pack was fine. But I have already mentioned before that the problem occurs only with ryanvmintegrator, nlite is fine.
a lot of testing is finished and it has never shown issues like those. If isn't a broken integration, maybe is a particular configuration: you should make the same test we do, with repeated integrations and setups, adding to old 1.6.0 UP a single suspected hotfix at every run...
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

klob77
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:00 pm

Post by klob77 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Chalk me up with the same time zone problem as Bober. Eastern (US & Canada) is 1 hour behind.

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:51 pm

compstuff wrote:
Along the same lines of your research it seems to be wgatray and wgalogon that are the items in question ...I see you also posted in this thread http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84555#84555 and the original addon referenced NO wgatray and wgalogon so I started using Xables updated addon lately with no adverse effects (that I know of) yet that one IS WGAN... :rolleyes:
ha yea, the whole wga thing is kind of confusing. i think people use wga as a general term but it could mean wgan or wgav, both are similar but one is more annoying lol

edit: looks like ryan has a wgan addon too http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack-sp3.html (towards the bottom of the page)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:56 am

nonno fabio wrote:Next one will have KB958644, WGAV and uninstallable WGAN
I meant this (from Italian pack-updated XP, but I think the image is clear):

Image
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:39 pm

Ther is a addon if one of 1000 wants to include it no point to force it to install it.
It would be better to include Visual C++ and Shockwave then WGA.
WGA is like a Titanic for a UpdatePack. :)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 am

@Outbreaker: question "WGAN or no WGAN" can never be solved. Yes, it would be better anything else but WU pushes WGAN, not Visual C++ or Shockwave. However let's try next pack. I understand you don't want to hear the word WGAN, not even if you can remove it just after first logon. But let us see how this will work.
If the whole WGAN thing will suck and remaining 999 mates will complain about it, I'm sure Onepiece will retrace his step again

@bober101; klob77: only for testing purposes, please try to download this: TZCHANGE.rar
Hash MD5 57927108EE51E715540487BA89AC8B3A
http://ifile.it/krht7g9
extract it, install on the system with wrong time, restart and see if the Eastern Time is fixed or not. Thanks.

@pawan: same for testing, please try to install on your XP the newer win32k.sys executing this MS hotfix then try if you have same issues when plugging in usb devices. thanks
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:41 am

Don't think that people company again and again about it people switch and the problem is solved for them.

XIII
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:47 am

Post by XIII » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:22 am

Outbreaker wrote:Don't think that people company again and again about it people switch and the problem is solved for them.
Looks like you yourself are the proof that this statement is not 100% true...

(since you don't seem to switch and keep on complaining)
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:37 am

XIII wrote:
Outbreaker wrote:Don't think that people company again and again about it people switch and the problem is solved for them.
Looks like you yourself are the proof that this statement is not 100% true...

(since you don't seem to switch and keep on complaining)
Laste time i have not complained about it where WGA was include and then again removed again because other people complained about it.
But now i i'am because now i must switch back to my old packs.

djkc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by djkc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:40 am

nonno fabio wrote:@bober101; klob77: only for testing purposes, please try to download this: TZCHANGE.rar
Hash MD5 57927108EE51E715540487BA89AC8B3A
http://ifile.it/krht7g9
extract it, install on the system with wrong time, restart and see if the Eastern Time is fixed or not. Thanks.
Haven't tried this, but for me exporting the reg settings from a working computer to one installed with this pack, then changing the timezone to a different one and back fixed it. Didn't require a reboot.

User avatar
Pasha_ZZZ
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 am
Location: Russia, Slobodskoy

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:06 am

nonno fabio wrote:question "WGAN or no WGAN" can never be solved.
Can you post with next UpdatePack instructions how to remove WGAN from it? All the problems gone :D

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:15 am

Pasha_ZZZ wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:question "WGAN or no WGAN" can never be solved.
Can you post with next UpdatePack instructions how to remove WGAN from it? All the problems gone :D

a few posts above nonno mentioned you will be able to uninstall
wgaN through "Add/Remove Windows Components"

User avatar
Pasha_ZZZ
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 am
Location: Russia, Slobodskoy

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:47 pm

user_hidden wrote:a few posts above nonno mentioned you will be able to uninstall
wgaN through "Add/Remove Windows Components"
I know. But removal it directly from UpdatePack/distributive is better...

User avatar
lespea
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by lespea » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:17 pm

The point of unattended installs is that you should be done once the install is complete. I just don't get why wgan can't just be a separate addon to appease everybody. It really is the simplest way to do it.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

wgaN removal

Post by user_hidden » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:45 pm


keegan
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:47 am
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Contact:

Post by keegan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Good work on this one, OnePiece. Everything seems to work as expected for me, so far. Only one problem though, the part of Microsoft Update where it searches for available updates, is in Italian. The rest of it is in English as far as I have seen.

Not a big deal, and I guess when the activeX control gets updated later it will probably fix this right?

Pistolero
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:27 pm

Something in this pack gave cooties to my MS Money!

Post by Pistolero » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 am

Hi NonnoFabio, OnePiece,

Firstly, thank you for your kick ass efforts to build us these packs and addons. You guys kick ass.

Now, I am a bit sad because 1.7.0 gave cooties to my Microsoft Money Plus 2008 - made it crash and horribly burn (symptoms explained on this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836197)

This doesn't happen with 1.6.0. Could you please look into this and fix as appropriate?

Thanks!

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 am

@keegan: can you post a screenshot of italian MU window? Thanks.

@pistolero: I guess it can be fixed. At the moment, please go to Add/remove Programs, click on Show updates, search for MSXML4 and uninstall it. Then reinstall it (you can find it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833954430)
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Cipherfx2
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 am
Location: Philippines

Post by Cipherfx2 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm

@nonno fabio

kb941833 is for Windows Vista :?: I'm a bit confused...

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:18 pm

KB941833 works with XP as well. It seems to be the latest version of MSXML 4.0 which is why OnePiece, RyanVM and I include it in our update packs.

User avatar
Cipherfx2
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 am
Location: Philippines

Post by Cipherfx2 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:17 am

Thanks for the info.... 5eraph

amirali_esh
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by amirali_esh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:05 am

Can I use DirectX 9.0c November 2008 Addon on top of this to update DirectX to latest version?

Post Reply