[Release] Onepiece IE7-8 XP/2003 Addon Maker

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 am

Updated
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

chiners_68

Post by chiners_68 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:36 am

Universal Addon Creator

be aware guys this self extracting exe file is packed with a trojan. Dont disable your antivirus as mentioned on Fabios's frist page.

Downlead the file extract it with 7zip & scan the files. You wont pick it up unless the addon is run or you have extracted the files.

Event Detection of viruses, worms, Trojans, hack tools happened on computer ******8 in the domain ****** at Mon Jun 15 15:32:01 2009 File C:\IE -Addon\OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_AddOn_ENU\OPUPPCINTL.exe: detected Trojan program 'Backdoor.Win32.PcClient.akmt'.computer: localhost.

x-force

Post by x-force » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 pm

h**p://www.virustotal.com/tr/analisis/dc614da2 ... 1245082395

12/39 trojan.. but false alarm, files clean.. I cant see any connection.

nonno fabio

Re: [Release] Onepiece IE7-8 XP/2003 Addon Maker v090615

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:29 pm

nonno fabio wrote: If your AV warns you about Addon Creator, don't worry: it's a false positive brought by the use of Quick Batch File Compiler.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 pm

this might not be the best thread to ask that, but why you discontinued ie7 true addon? Cant find it anywhere any more. There are hotfixes available, but it seems that ie7 has died for you? Some of us dont care about ie8 and its all sort of suggested and compatibility "tips and tricks". I´d like ie7 true addon 2.6.1 or smth like that.
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:55 am

In a few seconds you can get the same identical (but updated) true addon using the IE Addon Creator.

So I guess Onepiece has decided to spare a few of his time to focus on something else..

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:26 am

OK, i c! Unfortunately this creator doesn´t work for me. All i see is dialog box asking

Code: Select all

Please enter the path of IE(7 - 8)-Windows(XP - Server2003)-x86-%LANG%.exe file
I enter the path and then it says creation successfully completed, but i dont see any new created file in the directory of the creator. I put hotfixes, the ie7 installer and the creator in it. No new file created or any file modified. I must be doing something very wrong i guess. :?

:oops: Oops! Didnt notice the .txt files i needed to create :P

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:23 am

the .txt files are optional. Remember to place IE7setup file and hotfixes in the same temp directory
Last edited by nonno fabio on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 am

Yes, i did that!!! And it didnt create the .7z file. I think it supposed to be in the same temp directory after its created? It´s not there!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:59 am

I've just tried in a low-end system: the entire process needs a few minutes because 7za.exe uses a lot of RAM but finally i've got an IE addon in the same path of IE setup files...

EDIT: try to stop the real-time AV, like suggested in first post

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 am

I disabled the real-time AV, entered the path correctly, process started (i think) and then it said :!: creation successfully completed. :shock: NO F***ING FILE! I wouldnt say my system is very low-end. AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1 GB RAM, Abit KV8 Pro motherboard... :? My thoughts are depleted. :(

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am

mmm... now I understand what you mean.

Actually you're right: my test was done with IE8, not IE7, and there's a bug that causes the addon not to be compressed. It is there, ready, but in an unpacked folder... Sorry, we fix it as ASAP.

EDIT: done; link updated

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 am

yeah...good, but not good enough. The bug is still there. I tested it with english IE7 setup file after you updated the file, no effect. I tested out of interest with the addon creator and IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ETI.exe file (IE8 setup file in estonian language) in the same folder, nothing else and AV down. Here we go again! No addon! :cry:

Sorry for asking, but...could there be some problem with path length or file names?:rolleyes:

I know, i must be pain in the ass with that problem, but i want to get it working (as you do, i think) :D

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 am

This time I don't know where is the bug but not inside Addon Maker: I tried to create an updated IE7 addon (only with public hotfixes) and this is the result (hash MD5 8C4C932E3037FFEDED0818277E604984).

Estonian is one of the few unavailable languages but you can do by yourself following these instructions:
Rename all IE files (installer and hotfixes) from *ETI* to *ENU*
Create the addon with Addon Maker
Extract entries-ie8.ini from the addon and change the MUI codes:
;This section contains entries that need to go into the [WinntDirectories] section of txtsetup.sif
[txtsetup_dirs]
270 = system32\en-US
271 = inf\IEM\0409

You can find yours by opening update/update.inf file inside IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ETI.exe and finding these lines:
[Strings]
MuiCultureDirectory = "xx-xx"
MuiCultureLangIdHex = "xxxx"

change "en-US" with the code of MuiCultureDirectory and "0409" with the ID of MuiCultureLangIdHex

then recompress and rename the addon as you like.

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:28 am

ok, thanx! Maybe something is wrong with my OS, dont know! I´ll try what you suggested. Hope i can get it working myself.

eethball

Post by eethball » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:08 pm

I assume that the addon maker will need to be updated to include the cumulative IE7 update KB972260? As always, thanks for all your work on this.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:44 am

No, but the addon maker is anyway a new build because it was needed by IE8.

About IE7, now there's no more need to add KB928090 in integration folder, because KB972260 includes corpol.dll again

RuKaDa

Post by RuKaDa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

@nonno fabio

Sorry to bother you, i´m trying to build IE8 (Portuguese) Addon with the AIO Addon Creator, my temp folder have this files:

IE8-WindowsXP-KB972260-x86-PTG.exe
IE8-WindowsXP-KB972636-x86-PTG.exe
IE8-WindowsXP-x86-PTG.exe

The addon seems to work but if i went to MUpdate it keeps telling that the IE8 KB972260 isn´t installed.

Can you help me on this, i´ve already tried same method for ENU version, same thing on MUpdate, 972260 isn´t installed.

Best Regards.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:43 am

AIO Addon Creator has been updated just now: please redownload it and retry

RuKaDa

Post by RuKaDa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:10 am

nonno fabio wrote:AIO Addon Creator has been updated just now: please redownload it and retry
Thanks, i´ll try it this afternoon. I´ll back for some feedback.

Best Regards.

wimb

Post by wimb » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 NL True Addon published by Stefhan in Dutch Update Pack forum
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7327
Direct Download: http://stefhan.nl/dl/dl.php?id=3

is giving problem in Install of XP from USB using USB_XP_Setup.exe of U_XP_SET package.
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.p ... topic=5306

In case that the XP Setup Source is Copied from internal Harddisk or from external USB-harddisk
to $WIN_NT$.~LS folder on Target Install-drive then:
- Files ie4uinit.mui iedkcs32.mui ieframe.mui mshta.mui en msrating.mui are not found in FileCopy of TXT-mode Setup XP.
- File sqmapi.dll is not found in GUI-mode of XP Setup.

After Install of XP from C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS folder the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\$winnt$.inf has:

[Data]
floppylessbootpath=\Device\HardDisk0\partition2
producttype=winnt
standardserverupgrade=no
win31upgrade=no
sourcepath=\device\harddisk0\partition2\$win_nt$.~ls
unattendedinstall=yes
floppyless=1
AutoPartition=0
UseSignatures=no
InstallDir=\WINDOWS
EulaComplete=1
winntupgrade=no
win9xupgrade=no
MsDosInitiated=1
dospath=C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS
Interesting is that the problem does NOT occur when the XP Setup Source remains located on USB-stick (harddisk6).
This case coresponds very well to Install from CD (MsDosInitiated=0)

After Install of XP from USB-stick and without problems the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\$winnt$.inf has:

[Data]
floppylessbootpath=\Device\HardDisk0\partition2
producttype=winnt
standardserverupgrade=no
win31upgrade=no
sourcepath=\device\harddisk6\partition1\XP3_907M_OP\
unattendedinstall=yes
floppyless=0
AutoPartition=0
UseSignatures=no
InstallDir=\WINDOWS
EulaComplete=1
winntupgrade=no
win9xupgrade=no
MsDosInitiated=0
dospath=U:\XP3_907M_OP\
Do you have a solution to this problem,
so that XP Setup Source in folder $WIN_NT$.~LS can be used without XP Setup FileCopy Errors ?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 am

Verify that these files are not cabbed in your final Setup Source:

ie4uinit.mui
iedkcs32.mui
ieframe.mui
mshta.mui
msrating.mui
sqmapi.dll

Windows setup requires they're uncompressed (I've seen in the past third party addons like style packs doing this, for example), otherwise it gives error messages like the one you get

wimb

Post by wimb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:08 am

The final XP Setup Source contains the required files and they are uncompressed.

But they appear double in entries_IE8.ini and also in the final dosnet.inf [Files] Section

[dosnet_files]
d1,ie4uinit.mui,ie4uinit.mu_
d1,ie4uinit.mui
d1,iedkcs32.mui,iedkcs32.mu_
d1,iedkcs32.mui
d1,ieframe.mui,ieframe.mu_
d1,ieframe.mui
d1,mshta.mui,mshta.mu_
d1,mshta.mui
d1,msrating.mui,msrating.mu_
d1,msrating.mui
d1,sqmapi.dll,sqmapi.dl_
d1,sqmapi.dll
Thanks for your help.

RVM Integrator 1.6.0.0 was used to prepare the XP Setup Source

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:43 am

Yes, they need to be doubled.

Could you retry a new test integration on a clean XP source, prepared with RVMi 1.6.1b2.1 (http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601) adding IE8 addon only and install it again from winnt32?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 am

double post, kindly offered by:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ryanvm.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

wimb

Post by wimb » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:39 am

nonno fabio wrote:Yes, they need to be doubled.

Could you retry a new test integration on a clean XP source, prepared with RVMi 1.6.1b2.1 (http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601) adding IE8 addon only and install it again from winnt32?
I did test integration on a clean XP source, prepared with RVMi 1.6.1b2.1 adding IE8 addon only and install it using winnt32.exe

In the case of using winnt32.exe to prepare C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS folder there are NO FileCopy Errors in TXT-mode XP Setup.

However, when using USB_XP_Setup.exe to prepare C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS folder there are still the same FileCopy Errors in TXT-mode XP Setup.
In that case the XP Setup Source is copied completely to C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS folder.

Stefhan has made a new OnePiece IE8 Addon that solves the problem:
http://tppc-support.nl/unattended/XP_IE ... dOn_NLD.7z
This one can be used with USB_XP_Setup.exe without getting the FileCopy errors in TXT-mode XP Setup.

Is it possible for you to adjust the procedure so that it is not needed to use winnt32.exe and that one can make use of the XP Setup Source copied completely to C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS folder ?

Thanks and Cheers,

wimb

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 am

Onepiece 's IE8 addons are planned to strictly follow the default MS setup process that doesn't allow to copy file to System32 from ie.inf.

However we could build a "repair" addon to fit that specific requirement

EDIT:

Here it is:

OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_v2009_Repair_for_USB_XP_Setup_Installation_AddOn_INTL.7z
http://www.qooy.com/files/S8WDWRZW/OneP ... On_INTL.7z
Hash MD5 8BB49CB2C1325F2C490C69DD03595287

add it in your integration list after IE8 Addon (or XP AIO UpdatePack)
Works with RVM Integrator only (not with Nlite)
Last edited by nonno fabio on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

wimb

Post by wimb » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:48 am

Somehow the Repair Addon is NOT giving the desired result for me when using USB_XP_Setup.exe.
I get the same FileCopy Errors at level 99% in TXT-mode XP Setup as reported previously.

After using RVM Integrator there are still double entries in txtsetup.sif at the end of [SourceDisksFiles.x86] Section which seem to be responsible for the FileCopy Errors.

ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,,3,3

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:50 am

Repair Addon uses [ExtraFileEdits] to disable those lines.
It has been successfully tested on XP SP 3 before uploading.

;This section allows you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
[ExtraFileEdits] 
TXTSETUP.SIF|ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui|;ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui|1
TXTSETUP.SIF|iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui|;iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui|1
TXTSETUP.SIF|ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui|;ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui|1
TXTSETUP.SIF|mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui|;mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui|1
TXTSETUP.SIF|msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui|;msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui|1
TXTSETUP.SIF|sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,,3,3|;sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,,3,3|1

Stefhan

Post by Stefhan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 am

nonno fabio wrote:Onepiece 's IE8 addons are planned to strictly follow the default MS setup process that doesn't allow to copy file to System32 from ie.inf.
The default MS Setup also doesn't allow IE8 to be integrated like this, should we respect that to? I just don't see the problem.
In the update.inf from the original IE8 these files are also copied to system32.
Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate you making the repair addon.

Why are these files copied to both system32 and the system32"MuiCultureDirectory" in the first place.
If I look at IE8 under vista those files are only present in the "MuiCultureDirectory".
If I delete the .mui files in system32 IE8 runs just fine.
It looks like they are redundant.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 pm

I mean that the integrated IE8 is identical to the installed one. Onepiece has spent many hours to get such a goal: it's easier to copy files using ie.inf but it's cleaner to do it from txtsetup.sif

I don't know why MS decided to copy those files both to System32 and MuiCultureDirectory folders in XP and to MuiCultureDirectory only in Vista, but this is the default behavior.

The "repair addon" is language indipendent and works flawlessy on a clean (not modified by third party SW) XP source but is not a replacement of the modified NLD addon, instead an alternative for different localization
Last edited by nonno fabio on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

wimb

Post by wimb » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:59 pm

My initial problem with IE8 Repair Addon in XP Setup with USB_XP_Setup.exe is almost solved
by using RyanVM Integrator in a two step process and Integrating first the IE8 Addon and then in a second run the IE8 Repair Addon.

Now the TXT-mode XP Setup FileCopy errors are gone, but file sqmapi.dll is not found in GUI-mode of XP Setup.
I verified that After TXT-mode Setup the file sqmapi.dll is present in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:10 am

Please redownload the USB XP Setup Repair Addon and retry: the issue should be fixed.

Thanks.

wimb

Post by wimb » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:32 am

nonno fabio wrote:Please redownload the USB XP Setup Repair Addon and retry: the issue should be fixed.
The IE8 Repair Addon applied after integration of OnePiece IE8 Addon is working now OK.
It allows now to make use of USB_XP_Setup.exe for Install of XP from USB using XP Setup Source with Repaired OnePiece IE8 Addon.

Thanks and Cheers,

wimb

vmanda

Post by vmanda » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:38 am

Running for few times run_automatic_ie78_xp2k3_own_addon_creator_intl.exe
to create IE7 addon, it works, addon creation are succesfull,
integrating in xp ok , but trying to install XP I got complains about missing msfeedsbs.dll..
Doing some researches I have find the problem: files in addon do not match with entries_ie7.ini file.
See foto:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1141/opie7err.jpg
Here is the list of files provided to addon creator:
IE7-WindowsXP-KB889333-x86-ENU.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-KB935560-x86-ENU.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-v2-x86-ENU.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
WindowsXP-KB972260-x86-ENU.exe

After unpaching and renaming msfeedsbs.dll as msfeedsb.dll repacking back, integrrating again, all xp setup went ok.
Originated file are msfeedsbs.dll from IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu, that needs to be renamed,
I just think, to 8.3 compliant name by creator, but she don't rename it, just registering it with desired name into entries ini file
I have solved mine's issue, but maybe creator needs to be corrected...

Best regards. vmanda

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 pm

is true, in the latest releases or touched that thing because it intends to pass or even ie7 feeding, in 8.3 Mod, and we forget or change the script

for the time you changed the name of the file in question, otherwise we will release all right, because even Nonno Fabio and holidays, so when Nonno Fabio returns, we will update the link

Thanks for reporting.

Ciao.

vmanda

Post by vmanda » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 pm

I have allready do it by hand, I have posted just to report issue.
Thank for yours response. Best regards, vmanda

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:42 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@kaitsevaim: Onepiece will add a fix for your instance in next release. In the meantime you could try to delete the suspected codelines from registry after Windows setup.

@all: if you want to add your own tweaks to Onepiece's IE7 true addon, unpack the addon and put them in a [IE_ADDREG] section of entries.ini:

[EditFile]
I386\IE.INF,IE.Tweaks.AddReg,IE_ADDREG
I386\IE.INF,IE.Tweaks.DelReg,IE_DELREG

[IE_ADDREG]

[IE_DELREG]
Quick question about this:

Is it actually necessary to unpack the files to do this? Couldn't we just create a whole new entries.ini file? I know that RVMi is (or at least was ... it's been nearly a year since I used it) capable of integrating a standalone entries.ini file.

Seems like it would make sense to integrate your addon, and then afterwards integrate an entries.ini file of our own.

eethball

Post by eethball » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Quick question. Does the addon maker need to be updated to support KB974455? Thanks again for your time.

eethball

Post by eethball » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 am

eethball wrote:Quick question. Does the addon maker need to be updated to support KB974455? Thanks again for your time.
Hey nonno. I was just wondering if this addon creator was still going to be maintained, or can I just pull the KB972260 out and put in KB974455 in it's place (and the post-KB974455 fix KB976749). I'm assuming the script needs to be modified to support those two hotfixes, but let me know. Thanks for all you guys do for this community.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:49 am

you can just pull the old KB out and put the newer one in its place

Kakaru

Post by Kakaru » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 pm

So, until the addon is updated:
1) i extract the 2 updates and the addon
2) i copy the files from qfe folder over the ones in addon
3) i copy the .cat from the 2 updates to the scvpack folder from addon
4) i 7z the files

And that's all?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 pm

No, Kakaru. You also need most of the registry entries from the [Product.Add.Reg] section within Update.inf.

Kakaru

Post by Kakaru » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Too bad then, I'll wait for the update.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 am

Kakaru

Post by Kakaru » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm

I used it (intuitive). Now to test it.

Kakaru

Post by Kakaru » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Test report:
Yesterday, with the original addon, all went smooth.
Today, I used the Universal to create an updated ie7 addon, and it worked ok, to the best of my knowledge. I checked the 7z and the updated files were present.
However, when slipstreaming in the exact same config as yesteday (with driverpacks mass storage-method2) i get an error when dp setup is supposed to run, complaining that the normaliz.dll is missing.
Went over to dp forum and learned that this is not their error but an error with the IE slipstreaming addon

Any more help? Thanks.

SelfMan

Failing KB978207

Post by SelfMan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 pm

I've got a small problem. I did the following:
- integrated SP3
- added
Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.07.7z
Kels_Runtimes_addon_v6.rar
OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_AddOn_ENU.7z
OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v1.1.4322.2443_True_AddOn_ENU.cab
onepiece_windows_media_player_11_true_addon_v2.0.0_enu.7z
RedDX_0.8.1_32bit_AddOn.7z
XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.1.7_20100122.7z
Everything went ok, but when I've entered the ms update site after the installation the KB978207 wanted to install but failed.

So I've started the installer manually and got an error:
Installation cannot continue because the following packages might not be valid.
KB889333-IE7 C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll 7.0.6000.20661
KB889333-IE7 C:\Windows\system32\iepeers.dll 7.0.6000.20661
Reinstall the packages listed above and then install KB978207.

I've had to manually extract the iepeers.dll from KB978207 and place it to the system32 and dllcache folder. Then the update succeeded.
p.s.> sory if I've missed a post with this problem already mentioned

eethball

Re: Failing KB978207

Post by eethball » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:02 pm

SelfMan wrote:I've got a small problem. I did the following:
- integrated SP3
- added
Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.07.7z
Kels_Runtimes_addon_v6.rar
OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_AddOn_ENU.7z
OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v1.1.4322.2443_True_AddOn_ENU.cab
onepiece_windows_media_player_11_true_addon_v2.0.0_enu.7z
RedDX_0.8.1_32bit_AddOn.7z
XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.1.7_20100122.7z
Everything went ok, but when I've entered the ms update site after the installation the KB978207 wanted to install but failed.

So I've started the installer manually and got an error:
Installation cannot continue because the following packages might not be valid.
KB889333-IE7 C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll 7.0.6000.20661
KB889333-IE7 C:\Windows\system32\iepeers.dll 7.0.6000.20661
Reinstall the packages listed above and then install KB978207.

I've had to manually extract the iepeers.dll from KB978207 and place it to the system32 and dllcache folder. Then the update succeeded.
p.s.> sory if I've missed a post with this problem already mentioned
I had the same issue, so I've removed the KB889333 request-only hotfix from the folder that has all the hotfixes in it and re-created the add-on without it and then the problem went away. Why MS does a check to see if a DLL is valid when it's going to replace it anyways it beyond me.

fajar

Post by fajar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:07 pm

is this support for 64bit built ?