[Release] Windows Defender 7.0 Intl Addon Creator

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
nonno fabio

[Release] Windows Defender 7.0 Intl Addon Creator

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:50 am

Onepiece's Windows Defender 7.0 International Addon Creator

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97019#97019

Using this tool you can silently create your own Windows Defender Addon in your preferred language.

Windows Defender Installer download link

Definition updates download link
Last edited by nonno fabio on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 am

Now I do not have a "problem" with this addon per se, but I would like to make a suggestion.

When making the windows defender addon, could the 'builder' *not* remove the installer and the definition updates?

It just seems like a waste of bandwidth to have to re-download the installer every time I want to make an update.

Thanks though for the addon builder.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Nameless Mofo

Post by Nameless Mofo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:20 am

Jeezus, Onepiece is a machine!!! Does he ever stop? :lol: :P :D He should have a big "S" tattooed on his chest..... :P

I'm gonna have to try this out............

Nameless Mofo

Post by Nameless Mofo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:23 pm

Nonno Fabio, so I just noticed that this is a RunOnceEx addon. Any chance that Onepiece could do a "true" addon? That would be most excellent...

JohnA

Post by JohnA » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Anyone have a mirror for this? The link has been dead for a while.

Thanks!

JohnA

Post by JohnA » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks nonno fabio!

Madhav

Post by Madhav » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:23 am

its not working for me nymore........the addon being made is less than 1mb.......maybe there is some change in their update pattern

SymSpaceT

Post by SymSpaceT » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:13 am

CrashFly wrote:
Now I do not have a "problem" with this addon per se, but I would like to make a suggestion.

When making the windows defender addon, could the 'builder' *not* remove the installer and the definition updates?

It just seems like a waste of bandwidth to have to re-download the installer every time I want to make an update.

I second the motion. Also, any chance for an integrated version?

Several questions:
1. It might be a good idea to tell us what this program is actually doing. My guess is that it takes the msi installer, puts the definitions into it somehow, makes it a switchless installer and then does something for this to show up in RunOnceEx. Is this correct?
2. If I already have a RunOnceEx imported at T12, how does this fit into the "system"?
3. For noobs like me, may we have a progress window when it is working?

Thanks!

SST

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:01 am

The program run an administrative setup of msi installer, opens it and directly changes 3-4 definition files, then creates the .exe file and the instructions to run it during RunOnceEx time.
It won't damage your own RunOnceEx file.
Many people don't like the progress window: the setup takes only a few seconds, so it's pretty unuseful.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

SymSpaceT

Post by SymSpaceT » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:21 am

nonno fabio wrote:The program run an administrative setup of msi installer, opens it and directly changes 3-4 definition files, then creates the .exe file and the instructions to run it during RunOnceEx time.
Thanks for the explanation!
It won't damage your own RunOnceEx file.
What do you mean by "damage"? Obviously it won't "damage" the file, the question is whether it correctly "fits into" the system of already existing RunOnceEx commands. For example, I put a reboot at the end of my RunonceEx... will this execute before that reboot? The tasks in RunonceEx are numbered and they execute according to this predefined order... Where will this go? Or is this an irrelevant question? If yes, why?

Many people don't like the progress window: the setup takes only a few seconds, so it's pretty unuseful.
Well.. I guess I am behind with this 2GHz/1GB machine, because for me it took about 3 minutes to execute and a progress window is useful for a 3-minute job.

Cheers:

SSt

SymSpaceT

Post by SymSpaceT » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:34 am

Hello folks,

I have a strange interaction to report, which seems to be happening with 100% consistency for like 10 installs now. It is WinXPSP3 with update pack (http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7184) and some standard addons (like IE8, Adobe) - I can make a list if needed.

If I use OnePiece .Net1.1 true addon ( http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6512) AND this Windefender RunonceEx addon also by OnePiece, then this WinDefender does not install. If I leave the .Net1.1 true addon out , Windefender does install.

I had 3 installs for each with 100% consistency: without this .Net1.1, windefender installed every time and with it Windefender did not install.

I have a great many things happening at RunOnceEx, like language pack install and Office 2003 install with all updates and then a reboot.

Any ideas?

SST