Windows XP Pro and Home

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
genegold

Windows XP Pro and Home

Post by genegold » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 am

This is the sort of basic info as a newbie to the forumI searched the site for, but couldn't find. The update FAQ says that Ryan's post-XP/SP3 pack (Jan 2009) is good for both versions, but I'm wondering if that applies to the user-contributed monthlies since they are listed as Pro. Is there any functional difference for someone with XP Home? Thanks,

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 am

I assume yes, they are still ok for both.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:41 am

I never had any problems updating my Pro and Home CDs.

genegold

Post by genegold » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 am

Thanks. Have you had any trouble downloading the Integrator beta? When I tried this morning, it flipped to a login screen, even though I was already logged in, and then wouldn't take my username and pw as valid. I suppose it's not absolutely needed, just that the last update pack mentions using it.

beats

Post by beats » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:10 am

Never had such issues with the latest RVMi beta release. Are you using nLite as well to tweak your source? Are you integrating any other stuff? More information would be nice, since this issue could be caused by many other things.

genegold

Post by genegold » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 am

beats wrote:Never had such issues with the latest RVMi beta release. Are you using nLite as well to tweak your source? Are you integrating any other stuff? More information would be nice, since this issue could be caused by many other things.
I'm talking about right here at the discussion board: http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601. Click on the download link and end up with http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/attach ... mentid=760. My id/pw is a no go.

Don't know if you noticed, but Wednesday mid morning the board organization changed, and I'm wondering if this problem is a loose end. Something else that changed is in Other Update Packs forum the various versions are no longer listed as subhead links, and it's not obvious where they are looking at the threads. To find XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.1.0_20090908.7z, I had to search (qfe).

beats

Post by beats » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 am

My bad, I missed the login part. But I can log into it just fine.

genegold

Post by genegold » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:08 pm

I wrote a PM to Ryan yesterday, but maybe a moderator will notice this first and have a suggestion.

I mentioned about site changes yesterday, but now it looks like a matter of where I log in. Http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/index.php is a green and black screen that has the Windows versions listed. That must be the public version. Once logged in there is the blue version, which has different and less accessible info.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 pm

You have chosen the RyanVM board style, which is flawed in that way. It does not allow users to view subforums. You must use the Profile link at the top of the page and select either the subSilverDark or the RedWings board style.

genegold

Post by genegold » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Ok, thanks, now I see where that change is made. Now I also see that clicking on the beta takes one to another site in blue, Signet, where it's necessary to register again. All this is not very obvious, except in the negative.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

genegold wrote:Thanks. Have you had any trouble downloading the Integrator beta? When I tried this morning, it flipped to a login screen, even though I was already logged in, and then wouldn't take my username and pw as valid. I suppose it's not absolutely needed, just that the last update pack mentions using it.
I downloaded RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1.7z back on 30 March 2009 so I have no recent memory of issues, if any, you mentioned. It's been working fine ever since for all of my integrations and those of friends I'm helping. :D

genegold

Post by genegold » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Maybe the site switch is new? I'd hate to think it's happening only on my computer.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:57 pm

The site switch is not new. It is necessary to join and log into Siginet's site to download attachments on his forum. For now, you may use this temporary link to the file from MediaFire.

Download:

genegold

Post by genegold » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:08 pm

As I wrote, I figured it out eventually. It would help if he who posted the update pack - or a moderator - noted that it goes to another site and requires separate registration. It's definitely not obvious if one is using the blue screen format on this board.

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Ok, I was pulling out my hair with that download link over at signet as well. Here is the deal, the download link at the top of the post does not work (kicks you to login again and again), but their is a download link at the bottom of post #1 and it does work.

Not sure why that don't fix or remove that first download link for the 2.1 beta version.

Anyways, its nice that Seraph hosted it here as well. Too bad I did not see this thread before.

beats

Post by beats » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:15 pm

A mirror is in my .sig as well now :o