- This addon slipstreams Internet Explorer 8 and its updates directly into an NT 5.2 x64 source.
- Intended for Windows XP/2003 x64 SP2, with or without localization via MUI packs (Addon).
- SP2 is required to use this addon. The following old SP1 files in the original installer have been omitted from v2009-03_x for compatibility with RVMi:
- browseui.dll, shdocvw.dll and shlwapi.dll
wbrowseui.dll, wshdocvw.dll and wshlwapi.dll
- All files are from the SP2QFE branch, where applicable.
- Tested in VirtualBox 4.3.28 throughout development.
- Tested with and without my update pack.
- Integrates with RyanVM Integrator 1.6 and nLite 220.127.116.11, or later versions of either.
- Addon without updates or tweaks.
- Link: 5er_IE8_Addon_2009-03_5_x64.7z
Size: 23.1 MB
Addon with updates, without tweaks.
- Link: 5er_IE8_Addon_2015-07_1_x64.7z
Size: 24.8 MB
Tweaks INI including all my preferred tweaks. Requires an IE8 addon above.
Compress for use with nLite. (DETAILS)
- Link: entries_IE8Tweaks.ini
Size: 9.13 KB
- Note: Bulleted updates can be verified with QFECheck, if it exists on your system.
- KB3065822 - MS15-065 - Internet Explorer - Cumulative
High Priority Updates:
- All tweaks previously included within the IE8 addon have been removed and placed in entries_IE8Tweaks.ini. Integrate the INI as is to include all my preferred tweaks—they're fully commented and tested—or edit as you see fit. Tweaks must be in INF format and will be applied to all users.
The following files and their WoW64 equivalents from the IE6 cumulative update have been added to the updated addon since v2012-02_1 to replace almost all of the SP1 files included in the original installer. This was done for completeness as well as to include the fix for the functionality described in KB972582. The inclusion of these files has been tested off and on for over a year with no ill effects. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.
- browseui.dll ..- Replaces SP1 file included in original installer.
ieencode.dll ..- Not included with IE8 but added as part of the IE6 cumulative update.
mshtml6.dll ...- Replaces original IE6 file used until T-13. Original filename: mshtml.dll
pngfilt6.dll .....- Replaces original IE6 file used until T-13. Original filename: pngfilt.dll
shdocvw.dll ...- Replaces SP1 file included in original installer.
w03a3409.dll - Not included with IE8 and not an IE6 file but the IE6 update usually has and needs the latest version.