Signing the modified nLite files (Certificate Authority)

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Outbreaker

Signing the modified nLite files (Certificate Authority)

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:14 pm

When removing some outdated Windows XP components with nLite then nLite will patch the "syssetup.dll" file to make Windows XP accept the modified unsigned files.
After i read the harkaz tutorial on how to re-sign files that have been modified i replace the syssetup.dll file that nLite has patched with the orginal one and re-sign the modified files from nLite.
But after the Windows XP installation the only theme i have available is the Windows 2000 theme and no network adapters are also available but the drivers are installed.
The installation itself runs without a probem and the setuperr.log file is also empty (no errors).
I don't know what else to try i played around with this now for over 4 days and i'm out of ideas. :(

This are the files that nLite has modified or patched and that i have re-signed:

Code: Select all

sfc_os.dll
syssetup.dll
tcpip.sys
uxtheme.dll
accessor.inf
DOSNET.INF
DRIVER.CAB
DRVINDEX.INF
FONT.INF
HIVECLS.INF
HIVEDEF.INF
HIVESFT.INF
HIVESYS.INF
HIVEUSD.INF
INTL.INF
LAYOUT.INF
shell.inf
SHL_IMG.INF
SYSOC.INF
SYSSETUP.INF
TXTSETUP.SIF

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Okay i found out what the problem was i removed OOBE and for that the file "syssetup.dll" needs to be patched too. :rolleyes:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/16414-s ... /?p=113068