[Request] Font utilities

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
leelamb

Post by leelamb » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:09 am

Ahem! . . . Moving right along . . . Mrs Peel, I too appreciate your fine taste in applets, and right now I believe you could give me some good advice about Font utilities. I love all those fonts you put up, can't resist a single one of them, but of course, I must do something about the vast number of them. I would love to be able to prevent most of them from loading until I really want them. I've got an old app that will uninstall fonts while saving them for re-install, but again, I'm betting that you know of something better. Please advise, and maybe even do an addon of your favorite (free) font manager.

Tks.
Lee Lamb

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:28 pm

She's provided one in her tutorial, take a look around here for that...
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:30 pm

Leelamb, please start a new thread for this so it doesn't get confused with issues regarding this particular addon pack release. That will also make it easier for others with the same interest as you to search for information on that topic. I'll respond to your discussion in your new thread.

Cheers
:)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:28 pm

Leelamb (and others) please test this for me: MrsP_FontThing_Addon_v0.80b2

I'll respond to your other queries when I get home this evening.

Cheers,
:)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:54 pm

OK, now I have a little more time to respond...
leelamb wrote:Mrs Peel, I too appreciate your fine taste in applets, and right now I believe you could give me some good advice about Font utilities. I love all those fonts you put up, can't resist a single one of them,
Flattery will get you.... ermmmmmm.... nowhere.... :lol:
leelamb wrote:but of course...I must do something about the vast number of them.
Yes you really must resist the urge to overdose on fonts, as I already warned y'all.

The Microsoft Software Font Packs are about 75% dupes so you would probably not overload things too much if you installed all three of those, but I certainly would not recommend installing all of my Decorative Font Packs at once.
leelamb wrote:I would love to be able to prevent most of them from loading until I really want them.

Not possible. They are either installed or they are not.

Your only solution is to cull out the fonts that you know you definitely will use and make your own Custom Font Addon Pack for them. Keep all the fonts that you maybe want to use in a folder somewhere and install them as and when required.
leelamb wrote:I've got an old app that will uninstall fonts while saving them for re-install, but again, I'm betting that you know of something better.
The site search engine is your friend: viewtopic.php?t=1401&highlight=font+utility
leelamb wrote:Please advise, and maybe even do an addon of your favorite (free) font manager.
Request filled. Hope it works OK :D