[Release] JoeJoe's Rename Master Addon v2.7.5-070815

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] JoeJoe's Rename Master Addon v2.7.5-070815

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:24 am

My favourite renaming utility for regular everyday jobs. For industrial strength jobs of mass folder contents I prefer to use Naru's Flexible Renamer 7.3 here.

Between the two of them all my renaming needs are covered, but I use this one extensively in my addon pack making cos it let's me quickly rename files for my packs to 8:3 compliance and it alerts me of file name collisions in the process.

Rename Master v2.7.5
LINK: MrsP_Rename_Master_Addon_v2.7.5-070815
MD5: B06411D48842557C965122337D7E717A
SIZE: 427 KB
Description: Utility to rename groups of files or folders
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/07/12
Language: English
Title: Rename Master
Version: 2.7.5
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\RenameMaster"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
JoeJoeSoft Rename Master
Rename Master is a free utility for renaming large groups of files with a few clicks. Anyone that has worked with websites, file archives, or collections of music, videos, or pictures has probably spent way too much time renaming hundreds of files.
This utility will add, remove, or replace parts of the filename with ease and also supports renaming via file properties, MP3 tags, JPEG JFIF and EXIF tags. Batch renaming that's simple to use, yet still very powerful.
This version is written in Delphi 6 and should run on any Windows OS.
Features:
* Intelligent number sorting.
* JPEG/MP3 tag support and many more Meta-Variables.
* Auto-Preview support.
* "Scipts" to save commonly used renaming options.
[*] and [?] command prompt style wildcards for replacing and remove options.
* "Undo" button so a renaming operation can be rolled back.
* Floating thumbnail window for viewing pictures and optional thumbnail file list view.
* Optional Explorer integration for right-clicking on folders or using "Send To".[/color]

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2006/03/08] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2006/04/03] Updated to version 2.7.3, added config and shell menu entries for directories.
[Edit 2006/04/04] Added an extra shell menu entry for drives.
[Edit 2007/06/20] Updated to version 2.7.4
[Edit 2007/08/15] Updated to version 2.7.5 and rebuilt with uninstaller
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:20 am, edited 8 times in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 pm

Version update and I gussied her up a bit with some configurations. Cheers ;)

Timks

Post by Timks » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:34 pm

New version is out. 2.7.4
Thanks - RyanVM, Nuhi, Kelsenellenelvian, Bâshrat the Sneaky, Foxy, Siginet, Rappinhood, Mrs Peel, Ricktendo64, Xable, Zacam and the people on this board for all your hard work.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:25 am

Updated....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm

I just updated this again and noticed that there has been NO BLOODY RESPONSES to this thread for EIGHT MONTHS and not even an effing THANK YOU that I made the effort to update this two months ago.

If you people cannot bring yourselves to make a simple acknowledgement that you are using this very popular addon then I cannot be bothered maintaining this pack anymore.

SEVEN DAYS NOTICE to let me know that you use it or you LOSE IT!

keegan

Post by keegan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:14 am

Hello,

This is a pretty good one, Mrs.P... I always integrate this addon.

You say this is for everyday tasks. I don't know if your aware of this one..... http://www.albert.nu/default.asp?sub=pr ... r/main.htm

This one is really simple to use, flexible and low footprint. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like this one can do most of what Rename Master can do, and the installer itself is only 274 KB.

Just to clarify, I am thanking you for your addon, and I'm really not asking for an addon for the program I suggested. Just letting you know about as I find it a little more intuitive and simple, for those "everyday" remaning tasks.

Thanks for everything Mrs. P, even the one's you've nuked :wink:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:47 am

keegan wrote:Just to clarify, I am thanking you for your addon, and I'm really not asking for an addon for the program I suggested. Just letting you know about as I find it a little more intuitive and simple, for those "everyday" remaning tasks.
Yah I know that :P

Rename master is not perfect, and it's not the only renaming tool I use, but it is the one I have gotten most used to by habit and can quickly write scripts for to do mass file renaming for my addon building.

I'm still looking for the "perfect renamer" so I only have to use just one utility for everything, but the hardest thing to find is a freeware one which can auto-rename a batch of files to their PROPER 8:3 windoze names - all the freeware utils I tested so far just give incremental numbering and not the CORRECT 8:3 names, so if anybody can ever find me such a tool that is free I will have to remember you in my will :D

I have the "perception" that Rename Master is becoming more sluggish in recent versions than it was 2 or 3 versions ago. so I'm gonna go and check out this one you recommend here and see how it measures up. I'm always ready to dump my current utilities for leaner, cleaner, more efficient new ones, so thanks a bunch for the headsup.

;)

rubab

Post by rubab » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:58 am

You said, " I prefer to use Naru's Flexible Renamer 7.3 here. " But the add-on you are referring is nuked. Is it possible for you to reupload it please.