[DELETED] Tor Proxy Addon Pack 0.1.0.17

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[DELETED] Tor Proxy Addon Pack 0.1.0.17

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:34 am

This is my favourite anonymous surfing utility. It needs to be used in tandem with Privoxy which you can download here. I will probably be releasing an addon pack for Privoxy in the near future when I have more time to sort out the regentries side of the addon making process.

This is one of the most promising internet anonymity projects I have seen and EFF.org is really struggling to support the development of it. So if you find this onion router utility valuable, then please consider dropping Roger and Nick a donation at the website here, cos it's a rare priviledge to have access to apps of this caliber for free.

I have included in this pack the utility Tor Tray 0.9.6 and the shortcut to run Tor will point to that. Some peeps prefer to use TorCP to manage Tor, but personally I have found TorCP to be problematic and I have never once had a problem with Tor Tray.

When I feel satisified with future versions of TorCP I will rebuild this addon pack using that instead, because it does have some valuable utilities that are not present in Tor Tray.

Tor Proxy v0.1.0.17
LINK: DELETED
MD5: *******
SIZE: 740 KB
Builddate: 2006/02/18
Description: Tor anonymous Internet communication system.
Language: English
Title: Tor Proxy
Version: 0.1.0.17
License: Open Source
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Security\TorProxy"
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003
Tor: An anonymous Internet communication system
Tor is a toolset for a wide range of organizations and people that want to improve their safety and security on the Internet. Using Tor can help you anonymize web browsing and publishing, instant messaging, IRC, SSH, and other applications that use the TCP protocol. Tor also provides a platform on which software developers can build new applications with built-in anonymity, safety, and privacy features.
Your traffic is safer when you use Tor, because communications are bounced around a distributed network of servers, called onion routers. Tor's technology aims to provide Internet users with protection against "traffic analysis," a form of network surveillance that threatens personal anonymity and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security.
Instead of looking at the content of your communications, traffic analysis tracks where your data goes and when, as well as how much is sent. Tor aims to make traffic analysis more difficult by preventing websites, eavesdroppers, and even the onion routers themselves from tracing your communications online. This means Tor lets you decide whether to identify yourself when you communicate.
Tor's security is improved as its user base grows and as more people volunteer to run servers. Please consider volunteering your time or volunteering your bandwidth. And remember that this is development code — it's not a good idea to rely on the current Tor network if you really need strong anonymity.
Diagrams on How Tor Works:

You can run this right out of the box if you wish - it's call set up to go - but if you want to tweak things a little or set up your own Tor Server (we need as many of them as we can get for the best anonymity) then there is plenty of excellent documentation on their website here.

If you are using Firefox Web Browser, as they recommend, there is a very good guide for switching proxies with it here.

Happy Anonymous Web Surfing!

:D

[Edit 2006/03/08] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2006/03/08] Updated version to 0.1.0.17
[Edit 2007/07/16] No time to maintain this anymore. Removed old outdated version.
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:05 am

I've been using this for about a year or so now. I was hoping you were going to make an addon for it :D

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 pm

RogueSpear wrote:I've been using this for about a year or so now. I was hoping you were going to make an addon for it :D
Hehehe consider it a Valentines Day pressie :wink:

mehedym

Post by mehedym » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:25 am

where are the links of your addons ? plz update them asap, i need it to update my cd.
Life is a Bliss, You just Have To Tast IT, :--____Mehedy Mizan____

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Updated version to 0.1.0.17.

Mehedym, I may work for no pay but I will not work for no gratitude. Next time you want to make demands upon the peeps here who work very hard here to deliver this stuff for free you might want to consider at least posting a few words of THANKS.

If were polite enough actually say THANKS and had prefixed your post with a PLEASE I might have actually considered getting this particular update re-released a little sooner. Ingratitude is not a very big motivator for me tho ;)

T D

Post by T D » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:59 pm

Hello
I've been using this addon since it was made and it's very good. Thanks Mrs P.
Can you upgrade version to 0.1.1.20. And can you include Vidalia in it?
http://www.vidalia-project.net/
It is also in a bundle on the tor download site.

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:26 pm

The latest stable release is 0.1.1.23,Can you upgrade your pack?
http://tor.eff.org/download.html.en

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:52 pm

Sorry dziubek but Mrs. Peel has gone MIA and has been for quite awhile now. You will have to talk someone else into updating it for you/

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Ive heard legends of her (Mrs Peel), I heard she is the best addon maker ever

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:09 pm

@Kelsenellenelvian

thanks for information

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:22 am

LOL ricktendo64, I'm sure those rumours were exagerrated. Sorry peeps I've been on sick leave for a few months and got a shitload of updates to catch up on here. I haven't even updated anything on my own PC for about 4 months and I really need to get my Tor up-todate asap.

T D, thanks for that vidalia link. I took a look at it tonight and I'm a bit concerned about how bloated and java-dependent it is. I've been intending to release a tor/privoxy bundle addon for months but always got messed up with the privoxy part of the install.

I'll do a bit more research and get back onto updating this soon as I can. Cheers

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:59 am

Welcome back :mrgreen: It's good to see you around here again

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:31 am

Welcome back Mrs Peel, your addons work like a charm all the time,
im definately gonna use this one you just created. thanks again..

ScOOt3r!
Go Canada Go!

xcow

Post by xcow » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 pm

wow.. this seems so cool... THANKS!!! =P

but but the tor thingie said this version of tor will not work with my network, what does it mean?

LOL im a noob..