Failed to copy KBDBHC.dll on RIS install that has UpdatePack

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Allistah

Failed to copy KBDBHC.dll on RIS install that has UpdatePack

Post by Allistah » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:20 am

So I've installed the update pack on a SP2 image. It seems to go just fine. Then when I point Server 2003 to that image to make a RIS image out of, I get an error when Windows installs that says it can't copy KBDBHC.dll.

If I leave out the update pack integration step it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas why this is breaking my RIS install?

Thanks,

-Allistah

Vaulden

Post by Vaulden » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:35 pm

I had the same issue on an unattended install, but I did several steps at once so I wasn't sure where I went wrong. When trying to recreate it I couldn't. Everything worked with each step. Then I decided to enable "Remove CAT Files" thinking I may have done that the first time. That did it, the error was recreated. Try unchecking that option.
Last edited by Vaulden on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:43 pm

Something to keep in mind regarding RIS - you should create your flat image prior to applying the RVM Update Pack. Another way of saying this is do not create your RIS image from anything other than a clean virgin XP SP2 source.

Of course this will introduce problems all it's own. I would suggest checking our Fencer's RISult or my own AutoRIS for working with RIS images.

I can't promise anything, but I've been putting together all of the technical necessities and documentation to give to Ryan, Siginet, and Paul so that perhaps at some point the Integrator may natively support RIS image processing in addition to optical media sources. There's more than what would initially meet the eye in terms of RIS.

Vaulden

Post by Vaulden » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:41 pm

Update: Ok deleting the CAT files works fine if you use the Integrator to create the ISO. Using nLite to create the iso causes issues if you select that option.

However, I am doing an unattended install which I know is different than RIS. Thought I would share my revelations as they may help you as well since there are many similarities.

pyjo

Post by pyjo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 pm

Update: Ok deleting the CAT files works fine if you use the Integrator to create the ISO. Using nLite to create the iso causes issues if you select that option.
Thanks Valden. Now I know what is the kbdbhc.dll error during T39

Tabasco

Post by Tabasco » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:24 am

Hi guys,

I'm running into the same error as Allistah (Setup cannot copy the file: kbdbhc.dll) trying to create RIS image with RVM update. I've read you discussion, but still didn't get the solution. Can anyone explain it to me please?