[Release] Andre's Exact Audio Copy Addon v0.95b3-070918

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Andre's Exact Audio Copy Addon v0.95b3-070918

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Woohooooooooo!!!! Andre Wiethoff has very kindly granted me permission to redistribute this here as an addon! He has asked me to remind you all that this is NOT "freeware" but an unregistered copy of the software, so I hope y'all will do the right thing and visit his website to register it as he asks.

If you are wondering why I have released version 0.95b3 here instead of the latest version it is because Andre was under pressure to remove the TOC feature of EAC due to German copyright law and this previous version still has it included for those of us who need it. See the news entry on his website here for more information on that.

When I first released this last year I said I might consider making an addon for more recent versions of this when they come out IF they possess some substantial new features which might outweigh the loss of TOC. I have since decided to NOT upgrade above v0.95b3 because the ripping standards of some private music sites I belong to demand the use of this particular version with the TOC - and unless that changes in future neither will I so do NOT bother trying to engage me in a debate about it here.

Now for the good news, which is that I have totally rewritten this addon from the ground up and included a whole lot of extra goodies, such as the FLAC 1.2.1 binary, the LAME v3.97 final binaries, and some new documentation files and shortcut links to popular EAC user guides and the AccurateRip database. I have also updated the FreeDB databases list, the AccurateRip DLL and the cygwin1.dll to versions that are current at the time of this release AND preconfigured the default settings to FLAC at the "scene standard" required by reputable private music sites.

Other things I have changed from my previous EAC addon release are that I moved the installation directory, built an uninstaller that will also cleanup any new files created by the program with runonceex on reboot, and removed the old Coaster Factory EAC guide (which I converted to pdf for you) that has since been removed from their website because because the author considers it too outdated now. (RIP to one of the best EAC resources on the net :()

In the addreg section, I have preconfigured everything right-ready-to-go for your first "scene standard" FLAC rip, however I did NOT add any reg entries for settings that pertain to any specifc CD/DVD drive you might be using. The reasons for this are obvious, but never fear, on first run the software will contact the AccurateRip database and insert the correct offsets for your particular drive. Pretty cool huh ;)

Alrightee then, I don't think this most excellent audio utility needs any further introduction by me....

Exact Audio Copy v0.95b3
LINK: MrsP_Exact_Audio_Copy_Addon_v0.95b3-070918
MD5: 49734B218755B3859254B1293DA9D6EA
SIZE: 2.44 MB
Description: Grab audio from CD-ROM and convert to digital
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2005/08/26
Language: Multi-language
Title: Exact Audio Copy
Version: 0.95b3
License: Cardware (Unregistered)
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Ripping\ExactAudio"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries, personal settings and program created dat files (on next boot)
Exact Audio Copy
EAC is a new audio grabber for CD-ROM drives. The main differences between most other audio grabbers is the cost of registration is low (just a postcard and a stamp) and it works with a new technology, reading audio CDs almost perfectly. If there are any errors that can't be corrected, it will tell you on which time position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you could easily control it with e.g. the media player

Features of EAC:
* Usage of the Windows 95 and Windows NT ASPI Interface, so both SCSI and ATAPI CD-ROM drives are supported
* Hidden sector synchronization (jitter correction)
* Secure, fast and burst extraction methods selectable. Fast extraction should run at the same speed as other grabbers, but is probably not exact anymore. Burst mode just grabs the audio data without any synchronization.
* Read error and complete loss of sync detection and correction in secure modes, as far as possible
* Output of time positions of all non-exact corrections and listen to these positions
* Copy of ranges of music data, not only tracks
* Automatic Speed reduction on errors and fallback afterwards
* Normalization of extracted audio
* Usage of the Windows Audio Compression Manager (ACM Codecs) for direct compression e.g. to MP3 waves
* Support for the BladeEnc DLL that is usable like an ACM Codec for online MP3 compression
* Support of external MP3, VQF, RA and AAC encoders for automatic compression after extraction
* Batch compression and decompression of/to WAV files
* Compression offset support for exact compression/decompression
* Detection of pre-track gaps
* Detection of silence in pre-track gaps
* Automatic creation of CUE sheets for CDRWin, including all gaps, indicies, track attributes, UPC and ISRC
* CD player functionality and prelistening to selected ranges
* Automatic detection of drive features, whether a drive has an accurate stream and/or does caching
* Sample Offsets for drives with no accurate streams, including the option of filling up missing samples with silence
* Option for synchronizing tracks for non-accurate stream drives
* Filename editing with local and remote CDDB database and cdplayer.ini support and more features like ID3 tagging
* Browse and edit local database
* Certified Escient ® CDDB(TM) Compatible
* Local CDDB support
* Record and Loop Record functions for recording from LP, radio, etc.
* Automatic rename of MP3 files according to their ID3 tag
* Catalog extraction function
* Multisession (CD-Extra) support
* CD-Text support
* CD-Write support for some drives
* ID3 Tag editor with drag and drop possibility from track listing and database
* Glitch removal after extraction
* Small WAV editor with the following functionality: delete, trim, normalize, pad, glitch removal, pop detection, interpolation of ranges, noise reduction, fade in/out, undo (and more).

Enjoy! (I know you will)

:P

[Edit 2007/07/23] Major rebuild to include uninstaller, pre-configuration settings, extra goodies and (including links to reliable ripping resources) and bundled the latest FLAC and LAME final
[Edit 2007/07/27] Flac binary updated to 1.2.0, rewrite uninstaller to work with XP Home
[Edit 2007/07/31] Rebuilt optional components section
[Edit 2007/08/04] Fixed entries.ini and optimised some stuff in the inf file
[Edit 2007/08/25] Tweaked uninstall reg entries to force a proper icon to display in Add/Remove programs
[Edit 2007/09/18] Flac binary updated to 1.2.1
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Lolly

Post by Lolly » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:31 am

Thank You so very much!
:)
For gamers and giggles:
http://www.purepwnage.com/
( dood liek lern 2 spell lol noob rofl )

dot-bot

Post by dot-bot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:08 pm

I've updated this for myself, I've replaced all EAC files with the latest Beta 4, also replaced lame.exe and lame_enc.dll with the latest lame-3.98a6_2006090806. Also inf and inis updated - where it said b3 now it sais b4 and build date is 2006.09.10. Filename is: MrsP_Exact_Audio_Copy_Addon_v0.95b4_Incl_lame_enc_3.98a6_2006.09.08_not-tested.7z

Thanks Miss P. :P for the addons.

I will not post the actual addon until someone sais I am allowed to (and maybe tells me to change sometthing). Mrs Peel, how about it?

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 pm

what about make a new thread and post the credits there?

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:48 pm

Great job as always Mrs Peel.. thanks for sharing this

ScOOT3r!
Go Canada Go!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:39 am

dot-bot wrote:I've updated this for myself, I've replaced all EAC files with the latest Beta 4, also replaced lame.exe and lame_enc.dll with the latest lame-3.98a6_2006090806. Also inf and inis updated - where it said b3 now it sais b4 and build date is 2006.09.10. Filename is: MrsP_Exact_Audio_Copy_Addon_v0.95b4_Incl_lame_enc_3.98a6_2006.09.08_not-tested.7z

Thanks Miss P. :P for the addons.

I will not post the actual addon until someone sais I am allowed to (and maybe tells me to change sometthing). Mrs Peel, how about it?
Didn't you bother to read my release notes for this at ALL dot-bot?

I quite clearly stated TWO things:

1. I will not be releasing v0.95b4 because Andre had to remove the TOC feature of EAC due to German copyright law and this previous version still has it included. The v0.95b4 update does not have enough advantages to warrant loosing that feature and does not perform any better than b3.

2. I have a formal arrangement with the software author to redistribute this program and YOU do NOT. If you want to thank me then do so by respecting my good judgement and the good will of the author to negotiate a redistribution contract with ME.

Furthermore, it is TOTALLY unacceptable to modify addons made by other pack makers because it is THEFT of their coding and hard work. Do not EVER presume to use MY NAME on a file that was not made by ME!

Are we crystal clear about this now? I bloody well hope so :rolleyes:

RyzeG

Post by RyzeG » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:55 am

<3 thanks for this one. program rocks...

Udge

Post by Udge » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:16 pm

What a CLOWN This is why i trust your addons and ideas

Ill start posting a bit more to let you know how all is running
with your updated versions and new addons as well.

Keep up da Excellent work Mrs Peel...........[/img][/code]

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:01 pm

Well this was a mission and a half, but I hope y'all enjoy what I have done with this new release - totally rebuilt from the ground up with all sorts of useful goodies, guides and preconfig. See my release notes above for details ;)

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:45 am

Wow... Looks like a good rebuild on this one. Thanks Mrs. P. I too have been holding out on this version. I'm glad you have stuck with it and improved your addon at the same time. Good job.

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:21 pm

great software, and great work on this addon! for all the audio "purists" out there, EAC encodes at a slightly higher quality than foobar2000

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:26 pm

runningfool87 wrote:great software, and great work on this addon! for all the audio "purists" out there, EAC encodes at a slightly higher quality than foobar2000
C'mon dude! Are you seriously suggesting that any serious audio "purist" would even consider using anything other than EAC to achieve exact copies of their music CDs?

I mean to say, Foobar is an awesome player - it's the only one I'll ever use for audio formats - but a serious encoder it is not :D

AUDIO-CD => FLAC = EAC
AUDIO-CD => LAME = EAC
LOSSLESS FILES => FLAC = FLAC GUI
LOSSLESS FILES => LAME = BESWEET GUI

Just the opinion of this amateur audio "purist" ;)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:56 am

As my usual luck would have it, they updated FLAC to v1.2.0 the very next day after I updated this.....

Damn I hate Murphy :evil:

keegan

Post by keegan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:31 am

You know something funny Mrs. P......

Every time I decide its time to reinstall my main system, you go on one of these rampages of updating your addons. Luckily I do about 5 test runs before I actually am happy with everything, so maybe we'll both finish up at the same time. Another toast to Murphy.

Oh, I've been meaning to mention to you.... in the sysoc line with the HIDE option, if the name there doesn't match the Optional Components section in the main inf file, the HIDE function does not work. I don't know if you knew that or not, or if there was a reason you do it the way you do.

Thanks for you constant vigilance :wink:

boki15

Post by boki15 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:34 am

Thanks for the addon, its very useful. I wanted to download updated version but the link is not working :cry:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:21 am

Sorry about that boki, I updated them on the server last night and didn't get a chance to update all my posts links till just now cos I had a hard drive crash on my server this morning and had to spend the day fixing that and doing data recovery (ackkkkkkk)

Keegan, I am not sure what you mean there about this "hide" thing. I only just learned how to do this updateini trick for sysoc entries a few weeks ago, and I'm just replicating what was taught to me by Mitsuko Aninikkou, but I confess that I really don't understand much about how it works - I only know that it deletes the entry from the sysoc.inf as he describes.

I don't actually use the native windows add/remove programs applet myself (I only ever use Pserv to uninstall stuff) so I would not be any the wiser if something is not looking as it should in there - I am presuming that is where you are referring to?

Would you mind giving me an example of what you mean here by posting some of my entries or inf code and pointing out where the indiscrepancy is please?

Cheers

PS: I think "constant vigilance" is a much nicer way of referring to my kind of perfectionism than what I call it.... "an obsessive compulsive disorder" LOL :D :D :D

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:59 pm

OK, never mind answering that now Keegan. LOL 5eraph just spent over an hour explaining it to me (DUH) and I see what you mean now. :?

So you know what this means now huh?

Uh-oh........ yes thats right folks.......... ANOTHER batch of rebuilds over the weekend........... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!

(((((sigh))))) oh what a learning curve this uninstaller building has turned out to be :oops:

Thanks SO MUCH for bringing this to my attention!!!!

keegan

Post by keegan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:13 am

It may mean another batch of rebuilds, but it is really quick and easy to fix. I've been doing it to your addons that I use for as long as I remember now. It's no big deal, of course I suppose it is a pain to all the people who use your addons, but if they don't like it that's their problem, right? :twisted:

If they are smart they'll wait until you say "I really mean it, for real this time, this one is done" :D

db597

Post by db597 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks a lot for this great addon - it's very useful.

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:02 am

Sweet

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:04 am

keegan wrote:It may mean another batch of rebuilds, but it is really quick and easy to fix.
Oh keegan, you wouldn't say that so cheerfully if you knew how much palaver is involved in addon maintenance.

It quite literally takes less time to build an addon than it does to write up the release posts, and even longer again to repack/rechecksum/reupload and then update those release posts.... and THEN there is having to edit the addons listings page here which is nearly a full-time job to keep current anyway. I need a bloody secretary I tell ya!!!

Anyhoo, thanks for the headsup on this, but I can't be as grateful as I should be when you mentioned later that you had known about this problem for ages and never told me - this could quite literally have saved me three days of extra work if I could have integrated this "hide fix" into a previous batch of rewrites.

Updated.... again.... so this will hide properly in the "Windows Components Wizard" now....

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:21 am

Sorry about that. For a long time it never occured to me it was a problem. Then I found out about the fix for it, and both of us weren't around for a while, and it was kind of forgotten.

I didn't remember about it until when I mentioned it, as I'm working on rebuilding my system, and checking the add/remove programs dialog for mistakes in the VM install has only recently been something I've paid attention to. Not to make excuses though, I do apologize.

And you're right, it didn't really occur to me how long it takes to do all the ancillary tasks involved with posting an addon. I'm slowly getting to the point where I know enough to make my own addons, so eventually I will know about that all too well.

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 am

P.S. - By a long time I only meant a couple months :wink:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:11 am

Fixed entries file....

zenmachine

Post by zenmachine » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 am

I'm backing up cd #20 or 21 (can't remember by now) and the 200+ cd stack isn't looking any smaller.... however I'm glad the process is pretty much just 'plug and play' thanks to this program :)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:15 am

Minor tweak to make icon look pretty in Add/Remove programs applet.....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Updated with new FLAC version v1.2.1

GasPipeJimmy
Banned

Post by GasPipeJimmy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:26 am

Mrs. Peel: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Until tonight I never paid much attention to this add-on, even though I use EAC quite a bit, I just figured that it would be just as easy to grab the latest version from EAC and simply install it when I needed it.

Your mention of "TOC" Mrs. Peel hit me over the head with a hammer and I so got to reading up on EAC's use of the "TOC" on some copy protected CDs.

"TOC" for those new to audio CD ripping stands for "Table of Contents" and frequently that is hidden (via copy protection) and that can be a problem when ripping your music CDs.
Having that feature removed on the newer versions of EAC is a big deal.
More info here at Hydrogen Audio on this exact subject.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... opic=41638

Thank you again Mrs. Peel!

I wonder if some really smart programmer could not re-introduce that feature as maybe a "plug-in" on the later builds of EAC?
(just thinking out loud here - not necessarily a suggestion)

roweezy

Post by roweezy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:17 pm

eac is best audio ripper...thank you!

mashimus

Post by mashimus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:26 pm

my fave ripper .. thanks