[Release] RogueSpear's Method 2 Helper Addon V1.5

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
RogueSpear

[Release] RogueSpear's Method 2 Helper Addon V1.5

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 pm

RogueSpearAddonsM2_1.5.cab - 25.9KB
MD5: 72917C34E93FBE6569965D967DD9DBAD

This is a replacement for both of my previous Method 2 Helper Addons. This one will work with both CD/DVD based installs and RIS based installs. Also it will decompress a 7-Zip archive named 000_SR*.7z to %SystemRoot% and one named 000_SD*.7z to %SystemDrive% if those archives are found. If you felt like it you could even put SetDevicePath.exe (DevPath.exe) and WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe (WatchDSP.exe) in 000_SDrive.7z since that will get decompressed prior to either of those files getting called.

Here is the code for the PRESETUP.CMD file:

Code: Select all

SET TAG=\WIN51IP.SP2
FOR %%i in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAG%" SET CDDRIVE=%%i:
SET OEM=%CDDRIVE%\OEM

IF EXIST %OEM%\7za.exe Copy %OEM%\7za.exe %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\7za.exe

IF EXIST %OEM%\D*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %OEM%\D*.7z -o%SYSTEMDRIVE%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D*.7z -o%SYSTEMDRIVE%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D*.7z DEL %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D*.7z
IF EXIST %OEM%\000_SR*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %OEM%\000_SR*.7z -o%SYSTEMROOT%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SR*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SR*.7z -o%SYSTEMROOT%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SR*.7z DEL %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SR*.7z
IF EXIST %OEM%\000_SD*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %OEM%\000_SD*.7z -o%SYSTEMDRIVE%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SD*.7z 7za.exe x -y -aoa %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SD*.7z -o%SYSTEMDRIVE%
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SD*.7z DEL %SYSTEMDRIVE%\000_SD*.7z

IF EXIST %OEM%\SetDevicePath.exe SET SDP=%OEM%\SetDevicePath.exe
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\SetDevicePath.exe SET SDP=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\SetDevicePath.exe
IF EXIST %OEM%\DevPath.exe SET SDP=%OEM%\DevPath.exe
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\DevPath.exe SET SDP=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\DevPath.exe
IF EXIST %OEM%\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe SET WDSP=%OEM%\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe SET WDSP=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
IF EXIST %OEM%\WatchDSP.exe SET WDSP=%OEM%\WatchDSP.exe
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\WatchDSP.exe SET WDSP=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\WatchDSP.exe
IF EXIST %CDDRIVE%\D SET DP=%CDDRIVE%\D
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D SET DP=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D

%SDP% %DP%
START %WDSP%
Update 04/21/2006 - Version 1.5
In the spirit of everything going 8.3 compliant, I made some changes in order to make this addon and presetup.cmd 8.3 compatible.

Update 04/11/2006 - Version 1.4
Now supports wildcard for decompressing archives to %SystemDrive% and %SystemRoot%. I found this made it easier for me with all of the different setups I have to maintain. As an example, you could have 000_WinDir.7z that you use in all installations, but then also have 000_WinDir-Work.7z and 000_WinDir-Home.7z for differing installs. With support for wildcards you can now just pick and choose as many or few as you want to include in your source.
Last edited by RogueSpear on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

dunk

Post by dunk » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:21 am

does this method dispense with the fake setup.exe that the driverpacks use? i.e. does presetup.cmd rely on the fake exe or does it run for any xp install

i was trying to use the driverpacks with mce2005 but the fake setup doesnt recognise an mce2005 serial and stops the install in attended or unattended mode

thanks

dunk

Post by dunk » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 am

sorry ignore my last post - i just looked at the content of the cab file!

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:25 pm

I actually got an idea from you with your old M2 helper addon.

What I did, instead, was placed everything that normally went in my $OEM$ folders into \OEM\ as 7z archives. It worked out great. I was going to have it decompress based on prefixes in the filenames, but instead I decided to just use directories. So in my OEM directory, I have "WinDir" and "SysDrive" and just used the same syntax to extract them, but directed it to OEM\SysDrive\*.7z and \OEM\WinDir\*.7z accordingly.

I use this method to completely replace OEMPreinstall. It's also helpful because everything that normally went in $OEM$ can now be compressed with 7zip. I use this method to install themes, hosts file, et al. Also, it should allow for F6 installation of RAID drivers.

So this post is mostly to thank you. I never would have thought of doing that without you. :)

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:33 pm

I don't know if you remember my old addon pack I maintained for a while, but I had a 7z file in there full of visual styles, wallpapers, and the Intel Chipset .inf files.

In fact before my update pack really developed, I always took utlities with no install routine and placed them in %programfiles% using this method as 7z generally compresses better than cab.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:02 pm

Update 04/11/2006 - Version 1.4
Now supports wildcard for decompressing archives to %SystemDrive% and %SystemRoot%. I found this made it easier for me with all of the different setups I have to maintain. As an example, you could have 000_WinDir.7z that you use in all installations, but then also have 000_WinDir-Work.7z and 000_WinDir-Home.7z for differing installs. With support for wildcards you can now just pick and choose as many or few as you want to include in your source.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:10 pm

Update 04/21/2006 - Version 1.5
In the spirit of everything going 8.3 compliant, I made some changes in order to make this addon and presetup.cmd 8.3 compatible.
Last edited by RogueSpear on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yurek3

Post by Yurek3 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:34 pm

I can tell evrybody this script work perfect.

i try allready many times

THX for your job RogueSpear

w00blyn

Post by w00blyn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:26 am

Ahoy
I've just discovered your script pack, looks very thorough and time consuming on your part, so a huge thanks are in order.

Quick question about this pack...you say it patches txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf. It also puts presetup.cmd into the i386 folder.

Does this mean that after integrating your pack, all I need to do is put the DriverPack*.7z archives into the OEM folder, along with setdevicepath.exe and watchdriversigningpolicy.exe into 000_SystemDrive.7z?

Or should I still run Bashrats scripts to integrate the driverpacks after running Siginet's integrator, so as to get the Mass storage drivers integrated as well?

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 am

If you need to integrate the Mass Storage drivers for text mode, then you should not use this addon pack. You should just use the BASE slipstreamer. You could always replace the presetup.cmd BTS uses with mine manually if you like. I made this addon because I found that I rarely integrate the mass storage drivers.

I just updated the presetup.cmd to look for setdevicepath.exe and watchdriversigningpolicy.exe in \OEM\bin (for a CD-DVD) or in %SystemDrive%\bin (for RIS) in order to make it compatible with how Bashrat places files.

So I'll update this thread later today and hopefully the Script Pack this week (that's been on my shortlist for a month now).

w00blyn

Post by w00blyn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:41 pm

Cool, thanks dude.