No shellextension is enabled by default but easy to do in the "config" menu. Instead it's added to the "SendTo" menu to easily checking/updating the checksum.
Stripped the PETools SDK (outdated), russian language and broken urls.
PE Tools v1.5.400.2003
SIZE: 142 KB
Description: Pe editor and much more
Title: PE Tools
License: Freeware (Source Code avalible)
Release Date: 2003-12-08
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Utilities\PETools"
Shortcut: Start Menu --> "Utilities\PETools.LNK"
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003
This is a fully-functional utility for working with PE/PE +(64bit) files. Including: Editor PE of files, Task Viewer, Win32 PE files optimizer, detector of compiler/packer and many other things.
· Editing of DOS heading
· Support of new PE+(64bit) format
· CRC correction
· Viewing and editing tables of import/export
· Process dump
· Dump Full
· Dump Partial
· Dump Region
· Ability to dump .NET CLR processes
· Automatic removal of protection " Anti Dump Protection "
· Change of a priority of process
· Kill process
· Loading of process into PE Editor and PE Sniffer
· Generic OEP Finder
· Search of the compiler/packer used
· Ability to update signature base
· Ability to scan directories
· PE Rebuilder
· Optimization of a PE file
· Change of PE address base of a file
Because this one is rather old I recommend MrsPeel's PEiD addon for signature scanning.
Using Mrs Peel's excellent layout with her permission (thanks!).
Have fun all!
Edit: 2006-04-20 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)
Edit: 2006-08-14 - Updated with "SendTo" link and even more slim (14 files)