[Release] DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 [Edit]

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Aserone

[Release] DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 [Edit]

Post by Aserone » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:00 am

I actually made this to a friend. I haven't really used the program, but many people swear by it. It should be one off the best DVD backup programs that exist. I searched the forum and to my surprise noone have made an addon for it yet, so I decided to share.

No default "program settings" have been changed. Installs like the regular installer does. It's also uninstallable from anywere, C:, D:,..,.. (bye bye INNO).

DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15
LINK: Foxy_DVDShrink_3.2.0.15_Addon
MD5: 3FDAD767B296C1A2844850B293886619
SIZE: 777 KB
Builddate: 2006-04-29
Description: DVD Ripping and Backup program
Language: English
Title: DVD Shrink
Version: 3.2.0.15
License: Freeware
Release Date: 2004-07-26
Installs to: "%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink"
Shortcut: StartMenu --> "DVD\DVD Shrink 3.2.LNK"
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003
DVD Shrink
DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc.

DVD Shrink will also burn your backup DVD, if you have installed the latest version of Nero. You can download a demo version of Nero here. If you already possess alternative burning software and prefer to stick with it, then you can still use DVD Shrink. The output from DVD Shrink can be saved as files on your hard drive, which you can then burn with software of your choice.

DVD Shrink is free software. You should never pay for DVD Shrink.

DVDShrink Licence wrote: 1. The Licensor grants you the right to make this freeware available on an internet site for the purpose of downloading, as long as NO FEE IS CHARGED for said download.
Legal note: If this program is illigal to use were you live don't download! It's your responsibility to check the laws that apply to your country.

If anyone can recommend any other dvd-backup/indentify programs, that you think is cool and why, i'll check it out. Many thanks in advance.

Example: DVD43, DVD Decrypter, DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Identifier?

Using Mrs Peel's excellent layout with her permission (thanks!).

Have fun all!

Edit: 2006/04/29 - Changed Installpath to "%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink" requested by "Sanjay".
Edit: 2006/05/05 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)
Last edited by Aserone on Wed May 10, 2006 5:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Yours is the first true addon of this program but otherwise it has been available for quite some time as a 'Switchless Installer Addon Pack' from RougeSpear.

Code: Select all

DVD Shrink V3.2.0.15
Home Page:http://www.dvdshrink.org
File size: 907KB
MD5: 55F9A7DAE19F204ED7738E4DF2EA9FCC
Install from: svcpack.inf
Installs to: %PROGRAMFILES%\CD-R\DVD Shrink
Shortcut: Programs\DVD
Last updated: 20060211
Thanks for this, it is always nice to have a true addon.
Last edited by Sanjay on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:44 pm

May I suggest you use the following:

Shortcut: "StartMenu\DVD\DVD Shrink"

By the way, is 'DVD Shrink 3.2' a shortcut, or a 'folder' where related shortcuts are placed? In case it is a folder then I suppose "StartMenu\DVD\DVD Shrink 3.2" should be fine.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:42 am

Sanjay wrote:Yours is the first true addon of this program but otherwise it has been available for quite some time as a 'Switchless Installer Addon Pack' from RougeSpear.
Yeah I know there is silent installers, but roguespear did withdraw his, I still got it but as it is now there isn't one public silent one here at this forum atleast.
Sanjay wrote: Thanks for this, it is always nice to have a true addon.
Thank you for replying! Don't get alot of those. Always helpful. ;)

I actually have no preference, silent or addon. Thou addons are "cleaner".
Sanjay wrote:May I suggest you use the following:

Shortcut: "StartMenu\DVD\DVD Shrink"

By the way, is 'DVD Shrink 3.2' a shortcut, or a 'folder' where related shortcuts are placed? In case it is a folder then I suppose "StartMenu\DVD\DVD Shrink 3.2" should be fine.
Well to clear this one up.

Default INNO installer path:
- - - -"%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink"

Default INNO installer link:
- - - -"Start Menu\Programs\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2.LNK"

The thing is the install program creates a *.lnk file named "DVD Shrink 3.2" thats why I use it.

There are two more shortcuts in "Start Menu\Programs\DVD Shrink" but I won't be linking them (help and uninstall). That's why I think it's not needed for this program to have an own startmenu directory.

I'm trying to follow Roguespears standard "link/install path's" for anyone using his silent addons, like me.

So this is what I will most likely do:

- - - -Installs to: "%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink"
- - - -Shortcut: "Start Menu\Programs\DVD\DVD Shrink 3.2.LNK"

Keep the default link name, hope it's ok with you? And change path as to your suggestion. I don't really like having 10 000 folders in "Program files" but I can't set a DVD program standard with one addon. ;)

I might use Rougespears install path:
- - - -Installs to: "%PROGRAMFILES%\CD-R\DVD Shrink", tell me if you would like that?

Edit: Will change when Sanjay/someone replies.
Last edited by Aserone on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:39 am

Personally I would prefer all the INNO installer defaults including all the shortcuts:
Install Path:
- - - -"%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink"
Start Menu shortcuts:
- - - -"Start Menu\Programs\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2.LNK"
- - - -"Start Menu\Programs\DVD Shrink\Help.LNK"
- - - -"Start Menu\Programs\DVD Shrink\Uninstall.LNK"

In case you are really averse to including the help and uninstall shortcuts, then your suggested choices as below would be just fine:

But, please don't use Rougespears install path.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:04 am

Sanjay wrote:In case you are really averse to including the help and uninstall shortcuts, then your suggested choices as below would be just fine:

But, please don't use Rougespears install path.
Okey, consider it done, v1.1 will be up shortly.

The reason for not including the "uninstall link" is that it feels stupid as it's already in "add/remove programs", AND INNO uninstall is gone. ;)

The help section is avalible thru the program "Help\Help Topic". Implemented with this:

Code: Select all

HKCU,"Software\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2\Preferences","InstallHelpDirectory",,"%16422%\%appd_dir%\Web"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2\Preferences","InstallHelpDirectory",,"%16422%\%appd_dir%\Web"
So once again kinda meaningless shortcut. ;)
Last edited by Aserone on Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:36 am

Nothing big just changed Installpath to "%PROGRAMFILES%\DVD Shrink" as requested by "Sanjay".

I'm still open for suggestions. Now it installs to the default installer dir. Hope everyone wanted that?

Have fun.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:12 pm

Thanks for your efforts.