I'm using it in conjunction with "regedit" to check and change reg values. Thats why this addon will create a shortcut in "%windir%" to make it possible to type "regalyzer" at the run prompt just like "regedit". Only English language supported.
RegAlyzer v1.4 - -
SIZE: 456 KB
Description: RegAlyzer is a tool to browse and change the registry. Written because of a few features missed in the original regedit tool.
Release Date: 2005-12-13
Installs to: "%PROGRAMFILES%\Security\RegAlyzer"
Shortcut: "And one shortcut in %windir%"
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003
A short list of the pros of RegAlyzer:
- - * Improved search function (results list)
- - * Hierarchical bookmark support
- - * Jump to key by command line parameter
- - * Jump to key by typing/copying it into dialog (instead of browsing)
- - * DWord editing with parallel hex/decimal/binary display
- - * Support of QWord (64 bit integer)
- - * Display of .reg file contents without importing it
- - * Support of version 5 files (Unicode) even with Windows 95/NT
- - * Low-level display of security settings with option to export it
But there are a few not-yet completed features as well:
- - * Complete Unicode support
- - * Display and import support for some system stuff (REG_LINK, REG_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, etc.)
- - * Changing security settings
- - * Remote connection doesn't ask login yet
- - * Changing opened .reg file
- - * Editing binary data
- - * Working (add/delete/etc.) in remote registry
This freeware registry editor is the best one i've found so far, but if anyone know some other great lightweight regedit program I would be glad. RegAlyzer is still missing some features.
Using Mrs Peel's excellent layout with her permission (thanks!).
Have fun all!
Edit: 2006/05/05 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)