[Release] UserCreate 1.0.1, for (un)attended user creation

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Aserone

[Release] UserCreate 1.0.1, for (un)attended user creation

Post by Aserone » Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 pm

This little tool by Cancerface have saved me alot of time setting up my personal computers. If you for example install unattended /w "FullUnattended" and skip OOBE, this will let you setup a new useraccount without first logging in with the default "Administrator" account.

I know there are other ways using e.g. oobeinfo.inf but this is a much easier/functional way. No need for any external tools or for native windows tools in order to create the user and change the computer name.

About the addon:
UserCreate.exe will be copied to "%windir%" during TEXTMODE setup and then run at the very beginning of T13 for you to input your Userinfo (RunOnce), pausing setup for 60 seconds or user input. The advantage with this method is you don't need to have an $OEM$ folder.

No predefined input options have been set. For example if all you want to do is create a user, the only fields you need to fill in are Username and Password.

For more info on how to use please visit Cancerface's thread. Credit for making this nifty utility, MSFN topic --> User Creation Tool, for (un)attended user creation

CreateUser v1.0.1
LINK: Foxy_CreateUser_1.0.1_RunOnce_Addon
MD5: E29CFDDC9D24ED9D5FFD0268FF3B011A
SIZE: 107 KB
Description: Create a User during unattended setup

Language: Tested in English, multilanguage support on it's way.

Version: 1.0.1

License: Freeware

Release Date: 2006-05-16

Op System: Tested on 2k/XP/2k3 and works.

If someone has any feature request (regarding the addon that is) or have a better/other way to run this program. Please let me know, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Cancerface for letting me release this as an Addon here, and to Mrs Peel's for her excellent layout.

Have fun all!

Edit: 2006-05-14 - RyanVM hosting thank you!
Edit: 2006-05-14 - Will try out/debug different methods of calling "UserCreate.exe" the following days, to be compatible with as many setups as possible
Edit: 2006-05-23 - Finally tested it out on multiple setups. FullUnattended works perfectly.
Edit: 2006-05-23 - Updated to v1.0.1, Security settings disabled can't be set @ T13
Edit: 2006-05-24 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)
Last edited by Aserone on Thu May 25, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu May 11, 2006 7:54 pm

Will this addon stop the installation process indefinatly untill the user does something? Or does it have a timed feature in it that allows the installation to begin after like 1 min or so automatically if no user input is given?

I'm gonna check the creators thread for more info. Thx!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

leelamb

Post by leelamb » Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 pm

And does in require choosing ProvideDefault mode in winnt.sif, or will it work if one chooses FullUnattended or one of the "read only" modes. I read the whole page you linked us to, and pardon me if I didn't find the answer to this question, but I didn't, and really feel the need to know.
Thanks Aserone, for this marvelous addon, and of course for putting us on to its creator.
Lee Lamb

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Fri May 12, 2006 3:21 am

Siginet wrote:Will this addon stop the installation process indefinatly untill the user does something? Or does it have a timed feature in it that allows the installation to begin after like 1 min or so automatically if no user input is given?

I'm gonna check the creators thread for more info. Thx!
The addon is not sat to wait indefinatly until a user either clicks "Go!" or "Cancel". It pauses everything for 60 sec @ T13.

Here is the options used:

Code: Select all

EnableTimeOut=1
TimeOut=60000
Sorry I have been neglecting this public addon, i'm going to update and release a second version, maybe some more.
leelamb wrote:And does in require choosing ProvideDefault mode in winnt.sif, or will it work if one chooses FullUnattended or one of the "read only" modes. I read the whole page you linked us to, and pardon me if I didn't find the answer to this question, but I didn't, and really feel the need to know.
Thanks Aserone, for this marvelous addon, and of course for putting us on to its creator.
As to the whole FullUnattended it works perfectly! That's what I use it for, to be able to skip logging in as Administrator before setting up an user account.

You might find that the "user name" is " " when first logging in if you try to make the user admin. This is because it adds the user to both "Administrators" and "Users". Deleting the user from the "users" group will restore the name @ loggon and "start menu".
Last edited by Aserone on Tue May 23, 2006 7:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Ben.Hahlen

Post by Ben.Hahlen » Mon May 15, 2006 8:19 am

Would it be possible to add a "Administrator Password" Option?

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 23, 2006 5:36 am

Updated to v1.0.1

Timeout @ 60 sec now. Ability to change Computer info. No security options as they don't work @ T13.

Will also release an svcpack version, and maybe GuiRunOnce to setup Security Settings.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

v0.91
- Rewrote the function that determines if a user has admin rights adding non-english language support
v.1.0

* Added options to change the registered owner/organization
    * Added new section - SecurityInfo
          o Rename default Administrator account
          o Rename default Guest account
          o Create a fake Administrator account and lock it down
          o Create a fake Guest account and lock it down
          o Hide Administrator account from login list of users (Windows XP only)
    * Rewrote the GUIs dependence on the INI file. Sections will be disabled if the relevant Parse flags are set to 0
    * Fake accounts work for the english versions of windows ONLY!

v.1.0.1
- Fixed a timeout bug (no timeout would occur)
Default NewUser.ini settings for v1.0.1 Addon:
[Interface]
CheckValues=0
CancelButton=1
Confirm=0
ParseUserSection=1
ParseComputerSection=1
ParseSecuritySection=0
CheckIfUserExists=1
EnableTimeOut=1
TimeOut=60000

[UserInfo]
FirstName=
LastName=
Description=
UserName=
Password=
UnlimitedPass=1
AutoLogon=1
Admin=1

[ComputerInfo]
CompName=
CompWorkGroup=
CompDesc=
RegOwner=
RegOrg=

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:23 am

Updated to v1.7

User Creation Tool

v.1.7 Changelog

* Added French GUI support (thanks kSaMi!)
* Added PasswordCheck switch to disable password checking and force a blank password

implodium

no admin rights !!??

Post by implodium » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:58 pm

LOL i know i post REEEEAALLY late but only recently i discovered this
golden nugget !

This is the problem : I use nlited unattended xp pro sp2 setup with
winnt.sif and some stuff is already preset there. I also repacked the ini file
back into cab with my desired changes/additions.

Just at start of T-13, CreateUser kicks in and fails with "you do not have
admin rights".

How to fix it ? Are there any issues with other addons or nlite ?

Please reply with cases where it DID work and please at least roughly
describe what was used (xp version, nlite, addon, rvmintegrator, winnt.sif etc)

motofan

Post by motofan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:08 am

dziubek wrote:Updated to v1.7

User Creation Tool

v.1.7 Changelog

* Added French GUI support (thanks kSaMi!)
* Added PasswordCheck switch to disable password checking and force a blank password
@Aserone: could you update this GREAT addon? :D

hessames

Re: [Release] UserCreate 1.0.1, for (un)attended user creation

Post by hessames » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Do You CAN UPDATE ADDON
ChangeLog

v.1.8.4
Fixed AutoLogon (combination of parameters would result in AutoLogon being 'on' although it would be explicitly set to 'off')
Beautiful Feelings
Last edited by hessames on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

implodium

Post by implodium » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 am

Somewhere right after my previous post, in the act of despair, i searched for the author page of CreaeUser executable and found the updated version that works perfectly.

And instead of repackaging the whole cab file, i simply put it in $OEM$ folder and called it from my T-13 sequence.