Modified Ryan's pack 2.0.7 without WGAtray

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
wiz011

Modified Ryan's pack 2.0.7 without WGAtray

Post by wiz011 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:31 pm

For Ryan's Update Pack 2.0.7 only - SORRY, NOT COMPATIBLE YET WITH THE NEWEST 2.0.7a - the compatible version will be released soon.

- Removed WgaTray and WgaNotify (KB905474)
- KB905474 replaced with KB892130 (Sugestion by Aserone)
- legitcheckcontrol.dll replaced with the latest build 1.5.540.0 (thanks to RyanVM and MrNxDmx)
- Updated Registry entries related to legitcheckcontrol.dll (BuildCheckSum, Date etc)

Please, consider this build as a beta release until the users confirm that it works without any flaws.

Download it from:

http://addons.ryanvm.net/wiz011/Ryan207WGArem.exe

or from the RapidShare mirror:

http://rapidshare.de/files/24329413/Rya ... m.exe.html

MD5: DB96D511182FE844ACC46EE8F87A8FD3

Instructions:

1. Unpack RVMUpdatePack2.0.7.cab to some folder
2. Start patcher engine (it is freeware version of ClickTeam's PatchMaker)
3. Choose a folder with unpacked files
4. After patching process is finished pack all files from this folder to a new CAB

(for details about CAB packing and unpacking see the disscusion below)
Last edited by wiz011 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.

piXelatedEmpire

Post by piXelatedEmpire » Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm

excellent!

:D

I will test it tonight 8)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm

To clarify what happened in the other thread, my problem isn't with people releasing addons/programs which can make changes to the pack.

What got ryanmodpack/samspade/samspade2 banned was:
a) Violation of my site rules disallowing modification & redistribution without my content. Strike 1.
b) Posting warez on my boards which is clearly not allowed. Strike 2.
c) Using a duplicate account to do it. He knew he was breaking the rules and tried to get away with it by using a different name. Strike 3.

I've told wiz011 that I'd prefer an addon as it's more clean, but what he's doing is OK by me. Warez is NOT OK.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

razormoon

Post by razormoon » Tue May 16, 2006 4:15 am

Ok, everything dandy here. Just tested your proggy and tray is gone.

Good Job.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 16, 2006 5:38 am

Yeah, didn't see this. I should have done something similar to this little prog. The Integrator isn't stong enough to revert to the old kb without mucho hassle (v1.2.3 will be).

I haven't checked, does this leave LegitCheckControl.dll and change reg like in 2.0.5?

take a look here --> [Release] Replace WGA-Notify with WGA-Only Addon by Aserone

I'm sorry that there are two ways now, I said I were going to make one a couple weeks ago, i'm not trying to takeover your great release!

The only good thing about mine is you don't need to repack anything.. ;)
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:48 am

Aserone wrote:I haven't checked, does this leave LegitCheckControl.dll and change reg like in 2.0.5?
The updater leave all related to LegitCheckControl as is.
Aserone wrote:The only good thing about mine is you don't need to repack anything.. ;)
Perhaps repacking could be automated with some bach file (or BAT2EXE) and command line switches.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 16, 2006 5:58 am

wiz011 wrote:Perhaps repacking could be automated with some bach file (or BAT2EXE) and command line switches.
Yes ofcource that would make it more avalible to people that don't know much about comps!

Might I suggest you add these to your prog to replace [KB905474.AddReg] if you haven't already..

Code: Select all

[KB892130.AddReg]
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA","InstalledBy",0,"%NAME%"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA","InstalledDate",0,"%VERSION%"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA","Type",,"Update"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA\Filelist\0","BuildCheckSum",0,"9102a"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA\Filelist\0","BuildDate",0,"Mon Apr 10 15:35:24 2006"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA\Filelist\0","FileName",0,"LegitCheckControl.dll"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA\Filelist\0","Location",0,"%11%"
HKLM,"%UPDATES%\WGA\SP0\WGA\Filelist\0","Version",0,"1.5.526.0"
HKLM,"%ACTIVEXCOMP%\{17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}","Compatibility Flags",0x10001,0
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ext\CLSID","{17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}",0,"1"
Great work btw!

Edit: I will most likely retire my addon if you make it do exactly what my does. Less work for me ;)
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:31 am

Aserone wrote:Might I suggest you add these to your prog to replace [KB905474.AddReg] if you haven't already..
Here is a version updated with your suggestion:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20596785/rem ... 6.zip.html

MD5: D36F9DCCA5DA78D57C256686CFFC4DBA
Last edited by wiz011 on Tue May 16, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 16, 2006 6:33 am

wiz011 wrote:
Aserone wrote:Might I suggest you add these to your prog to replace [KB905474.AddReg] if you haven't already..
Here is a version updated with your suggestion:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20585556/Rya ... _.zip.html
You can update your topic if you'd like, and submit it to Ryan for hosting.

I don't need it personaly, but thanks for all your work.. ;)

Edit: Tried your new version now! Works like a charm.

Might I suggest another thing?

If you add a remove for the wga* files from DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF and KB*.cat from SVCPACK.IN_ one can point it to "i386" directory, and don't need to repack anything at all! Just Integrate first.. (hope I don't forgot something now)

piXelatedEmpire

Post by piXelatedEmpire » Tue May 16, 2006 7:50 am

great teamwork guys.. the updated tool is great and works flawlessly.

Many thanks 8)

hakab

Post by hakab » Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 am

guys, could you make versions which also remove LegitCheckControl.dll and its related entries, please? I have no need for it.

and which app/command do you recommend to use to make a new .cab from all these files?

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:31 am

BTW, by mistake I've named updated file "Ryan_205-206+" although it isn't a patch for update from previous (2.0.5) version. That may confuse some users. Now, the file is renamed. Those who already downloaded the patch should not worry, the file is the same, only the filename is changed.

Rudi1

Post by Rudi1 » Tue May 16, 2006 10:31 am

I try your patch wiz011 like Aserone suggest me and work really nice :lol:

Thx both of you!

Cheers!

When I made my Unattended CD I like to have the clean one,without this disturbing message from microsoft and this is not warez at all,becouse I just won't to remove hotfix wich one I don't like.I don't like stuff like this from microsoft,becouse if I pay once time for software is enought for me and not to call it for any big change in my computer and so on.
Next time when vista is comming up I will think 2 or maybae 3 times before I buy it if this control is going the way like now.

Yuki

Post by Yuki » Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 am

which command or ever must use for create update add-on cab after?

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Yuki wrote:which command or ever must use for create update add-on cab after?
Here is info how to use cabarc to repack --> [Tutorial] Cab files with cabarc.exe by Aserone

Look at the bottom of my post for download link and commandline to use.

Hope it helps!
Last edited by Aserone on Wed May 17, 2006 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 12:18 pm

There is also a frontend for cabarc.exe:

http://mferman.50megs.com/software/CabinetBuilder.html

hakab

Post by hakab » Tue May 16, 2006 1:54 pm

anyone with direct link to d/l Cabinet Builder? can't find the link on its home page :(

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 2:13 pm

hakab wrote:anyone with direct link to d/l Cabinet Builder? can't find the link on its home page :(
The link is on its home page, but it is really weird. After e-mail started couple of times a download dialog appear.

According to the readme file the distribution is free:
This program is FREE, use it, copy it, give it to your friends.
So, here is an alternative download link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20620037/Cab ... r.zip.html

hakab

Post by hakab » Tue May 16, 2006 6:02 pm

wiz011: thanks for the link

re my previous Q: could you make a version which also removes LegitCheckControl.dll and its related entries?

I'd appreciate you make such a version of your patcher.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:01 pm

@hakab

I can't understand why anyone need such version? If you want to make live update legitcheckcontrol.dll is necessary. If not, it in this case really do not impact anything on your PC. If you still want a PC without legitcheckcontrol.dll simply unregister it: start -> run, and then type:

regsvr32 /u legitcheckcontrol.dll

after you press OK the dll is unregistered. You can delete it after that, if you want.

englishmen

Post by englishmen » Thu May 18, 2006 7:03 am

I have done the following download 2.0.6. extracted the contents to a folder, run remove_wgatray_206.exe which was successful. Am i correct if i then use cabinetbuilder to recompile the files/folders to a .cab file? because nlite stats the file as a "unsupported file". Thanks for any help.

ron2024

Post by ron2024 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:20 am

@englishmen, correct recab it, it's nice to have Expand/Makecab in your "Send To" menu, a quick way to uncab/recab files.
After you run test/install on this, please report your success/failure back here.

Expand/Makecab in your "Send To" menu: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lazimute/CABTOOLS.ZIP

englishmen

Post by englishmen » Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 am

Thanks ron2024 for the info and link, your suggestion worked a treat. I'm about to build a new lite xp disc so ill post here again if it works, again thanks.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:40 pm

ron2024 wrote:@englishmen, correct recab it, it's nice to have Expand/Makecab in your "Send To" menu, a quick way to uncab/recab files.
I already have installed this tool but I learned that the usual CAB compression (select the folder) is possible using it after reading your post here. That's happen when people don't read readme files. :)

BTW, there is also a CAB plugin for Total Commander. Seems that it only use MSZIP, but it is also very convenient:

http://www.paraglidernc.com/CabWCX.html

soulstace

Post by soulstace » Thu May 18, 2006 3:17 pm

I used CAB Tool. Right-click on the folder > Send to... Cab Tool

Easy as pie. ;)

BTW, there are links to Cab Tool in the tutorials on this forum.

ron2024

Post by ron2024 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:12 am

@wiz011, I think your removal choice at this time is the better one myself. It's one less
"new" problem that nLite &/or the Integrator have to deal with, thank you... Oh & Aserone's
Foxy_WGA-Notify_RemoveAddon_v1.0.cab , I just read is NOT working with nLite, so yours is
currently the only viable solution out there for the nLite users.

Yes, theres nice little Cab Addons (Kel's icon for CabTool is great) here on this site,
but your gonna need a cab tool to uncab them, So I just lead him to the horse's mouth,
JDOE Tools. The one soulstace is talking about & the one I posted are both JDOE Tools,
just different versions & btw sometimes you need more than just one version of this tool.
You can tell when someone used CabTool v1.8 &/or the VBS version to cab up a file/folder,
the file name will be in all CAPITAL LETTERS, Expand/Makecab the filename extension ".CAB"
will just be in caps. Then again you can use a file convertor/renamer to change case but
that can get old after a while. JDOE Tools are great, which ever version you use.
Last edited by ron2024 on Fri May 19, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

owikh84

Post by owikh84 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:46 am

I unpacked RyanVM Updatepack 2.0.6 and applied that patch, then used winACE 2.6.1 to rebuild the cab. Tested and working on nLite RC8!
Last edited by owikh84 on Wed May 24, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Fri May 19, 2006 10:51 pm

I must say thanks for all positive comments and a special thanks to Aserone, who suggest a very important update to my patch. Seems that there is no one problem with the patch I've made.

Well, I'm now a bit drank, but this isn't because my patch but because my dear Eva isn't with me now.

owikh84

Post by owikh84 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:38 pm

u made a good job wiz011.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue May 23, 2006 8:32 am

ron2024 wrote:@wiz011, I think your removal choice at this time is the better one myself. It's one less
"new" problem that nLite &/or the Integrator have to deal with, thank you... Oh & Aserone's
Foxy_WGA-Notify_RemoveAddon_v1.0.cab , I just read is NOT working with nLite, so yours is
currently the only viable solution out there for the nLite users.
Yeah, that's true but believe me when I say if I had found a way to make an addon to remove it with nLite, I would have released it, still might be possible.

(haven't tried my possible solutions yet, it just takes a damn lot of time to change/test with nLite, and i'm never even using it myself, hard for me to put away time for it because of that)

It's some sections thats not implemented into nLite as of now that make it incompatible. So it's not my fault, really. ;)

But wiz011 prog does an excellent job. So why spend all this time trying to make it nLite compatible? Might wait for the sections to be implemented (time, time, time, to little time).

nowinscenario

Post by nowinscenario » Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 pm

I'm so confused what to use now, my head is spiining into weird quantuum behavior...

Do any of these updates/fixes/add-ons replace my using FoxyZacam_Hacked_SYSSETUP_Addon_OOBE_VerSkip.cab with nLite? Because right now. it's the only solution I have to the SFC function being broken.

BTW, that WGA Notify crap has got to go: it is patently NOT a Windows Critical/Security Update--by what definition or stretch of the imagination is Microsoft qualifying that as sceurity/critical vulnerability? Everyone and their mother needs to call/write/e-mail MS and tell them it's crap. Look I've had Microsoft themselves activate different legal copies of Windows over the phone and that stupid notifications STILL says that my copy is not activated...!(?!) This is crap programming, their own software can't even reconcile itself with its own OS. It's a critical and security flaw introduced by MS themselves!

... And yet we feel compelled, like mindless automatons, to integrate everything MS happens to list as a critical and security update, even when it clearly is NOT, and clearly causes problems with their own legitimate software. Conclusion: this should not be anywhere near an update pack right now. It took me two hours of wasted time just to hack this thing out of my system: so now what? legitimate users are forced by MS to technically turn into criminals just to make their legal copies function right? What's next? A WGA Notify checker that checks if WGA NOtify is running and installed correctly, so it can check that Windows, which was already checked to be genuine, is still genuine, and hasn't all of the sudden changed over night? When will it stop? When we have to jump through fourteen hoops just to download a Media Player skin two hours later? And when do we stop blindly supporting this nonsense by masochistically putting it our update packs, just to have to turn around and hack ip back out to make everything work right again...?

This has nothing to do with fighting real priacy and everything to do promoting reak insanity: it's the stupid stick and carrot thing, with MS wacking up the backside with the stick--but we're just obligingly bending over and taking it without a peep by including this nonsense in our update packs ... and does it then make sense for all of us to scramble and develop half-[fill-in-the-obvious] methods to pull it out of our backsides? Hey, I've got an idea: don't integrate it in the first place--but instead allow it as a separate update that self-torturers can add of their own free will.

Blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, I just had to vent. (Have any of you ever spent an actual four straight hours off and on with MS?)

The soapbox is all yours...

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Wed May 24, 2006 4:32 am

nowinscenario wrote:Do any of these updates/fixes/add-ons replace my using FoxyZacam_Hacked_SYSSETUP_Addon_OOBE_VerSkip.cab with nLite? Because right now. it's the only solution I have to the SFC function being broken.
It's broken in nLite yes, it's NOT broken here, just search and you will find working addons to disable wfp..
nowinscenario wrote:BTW, that WGA Notify crap has got to go: it is patently NOT a Windows Critical/Security Update--by what definition or stretch of the imagination is Microsoft qualifying that as sceurity/critical vulnerability? Everyone and their mother needs to call/write/e-mail MS and tell them it's crap. Look I've had Microsoft themselves activate different legal copies of Windows over the phone and that stupid notifications STILL says that my copy is not activated...!(?!) This is crap programming, their own software can't even reconcile itself with its own OS. It's a critical and security flaw introduced by MS themselves
Well it might be "critical" if you bought a copy of XP believing it was legal from a retailer/someone and found out it's pirated.

nowinscenario wrote:This has nothing to do with fighting real priacy and everything to do promoting reak insanity: it's the stupid stick and carrot thing, with MS wacking up the backside with the stick--but we're just obligingly bending over and taking it without a peep by including this nonsense in our update packs ... and does it then make sense for all of us to scramble and develop half-[fill-in-the-obvious] methods to pull it out of our backsides? Hey, I've got an idea: don't integrate it in the first place--but instead allow it as a separate update that self-torturers can add of their own free will.
Halfassed? Both methods does the exact same thing, both work flawlessly with the info supplied with them.

I can't see what all the raving is about. You can't use the integrator? You can't repack the Updatepack? Well then ask and I will explain how to do it...

BTW: I hate Micro$oft and will be the first one to abandon this sinking ship when/if goverments can crush there monopoly. *nix all the way, but for now I think we're all stuck with ms someway or another..

nowinscenario

Post by nowinscenario » Wed May 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Aserone:

Sorry for the rant. It's just, not only getting to be a jumping-through-hoops contest, but headed towards a Cirque Du Soleil performance to get Windows to work right with its own nonsense ... in this case, yet another pseudo-critical update that tortures the honest, and really does nothing for the dishonest (except make them snicker at another 20-second challenge): the update is effective only at annoying people like us. Does Microsoft think this really changes fundamental piracy? Do you? Don't you think they should be using a carrot, not a stick, if they want more legit users, and less pirates (and, to be fair, there is a growing branch of MS that's evolving in this direction--but this other wing is the most grossly ineffective feather of the so-called "security initiative"). As to the carrot approach being more effective, the whole history of human behavior seems to attest to this. Besides do you know anyone who's elated about the WGA tray?--and is, furthermore, waiting with baited breath for the next hoop that MS will make legit users jump through (and crackers laugh at)...?

My only point, through all the ranting and raving, is this: At what point do we stop passively accepting this kind of ineffective (at best) and damaging (at worst) drivel from Microsoft under the ruse of critical update? (You've forgotten to address the fact that I've dealt, on more than one occasion, with these so-called genuine checks failing on totally legit copies of Windows, even after running through the whole routine with Microsoft themselves--it's even locked legal users out of their own systems... That's security?--that's a critical update?--or a critical flaw? What zero-day exploit is this protecting me from when I browse the Internet?)

Also, about the commercial pirate copies: Have you really ever known anyone that bought Windows from a legit retailer to have a fake copy of Windows? Sure, if I get an $8 copy of an OS from the jungles of central Viet Nam from a company called "Microloft," it's almost assuredly knock-off--but, if I'm that much of an idiot, then I get what I deserve. So the solution, then, is to treat the majority of users that aren't idiots, like those idiots...? Because a minority of the lowest common denominator buys that crap, the rest of us suffer? I don't think that the answer to criminality is to, step by piecemeal step, create a police state.

Look, whatecer happen to good old civil disobedience? MS want to remain at the top, wants to make money, and so will ultimately listen to its users--but not unless we talk to them. Nobody likes this crap, but--then again--how many of us say something to MS about it? and how many just bend over and take it?--and, in effect, therefore promote it: silence gives sanction--and us just accepting it, gives MS the thumbs-up to do it to us some more. If you hate how MS does some things, like you say, then want don't you do something about it besides implicitly defending such policies and decisions? Is it logical to argue that a Microsoft universal policy that negatively affects the majority, and only temporaily nudges a handful of mental cases, can qualify as a sane policy, let alone a "Critical" and "Security" update...?

Okay, I'm shutting up now--and the soapbox is, once again, yours.

BTW--I have successfully used the add-ons of which you speak (so, yes, I am becoming a pretty good virtual acrobat perfromaer!): it was not my intention to criticze the work you are doing, but only to criticize the fact that you even have to struggle to do it in the first place (and we all have to suffer through it)--on the contrary, I applaud your efforts, benefit from them, and honestly wish they continue unfettered. My original frustration was borne out of the fact of not knowing which add-on (or combination of add-ons) was the most ideal to use--that confusion merely led to the real reason behind the whole mess in the first place: MS policy. That being said, I'm no closer to the answer than I was at the beginning ... so (thank the powers that be) back on task here:

What do you think is the best add-on (or combination thereof) to address these issues adequately? Like I said, I've been using the nicely designed (thank you again) FoxyZacam_Hacked_SYSSETUP_Addon_OOBE_VerSkip.cab (and now, it appears, the new WGA that MS put out has warranted yet another add-on)...

I would appreciate any input on this matter.

(As to MS, if we just call them and talk to them, they do in fact listen--but not unless we talk to them. I do as often as I can--the last few weeks, though, because I've had to: they've wreaked havoc with their own OS with this new apporach in policy, more often than people realize.)

'Nuff said.

bluetickle

worked for me

Post by bluetickle » Wed May 31, 2006 1:18 am

worked for me

unpacked, updated, repacked, integrated

installed in vm

no more agravation! :D

BT

12Iceman

Post by 12Iceman » Wed May 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Thanks for the fix wiz011. I can also confirm that the update worked fine for me!

Submariner

Post by Submariner » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:38 am

Comedy gold, a "professional" operating system with a beta tool, that might totally stuff up. It checks in daily with MS, even if you have a legit version of windows.
Microsoft has acknowledged that it needs to better inform users that its tool for determining whether a computer is running a pirated copy of Windows also quietly checks in daily with the software maker.

The company said the undisclosed daily check is a safety measure designed to allow the tool, called Windows Genuine Advantage, to quickly shut down in case of a malfunction.

"It's kind of a safety switch," said David Lazar, who directs the Windows Genuine Advantage program.

Lazar said the company added the safety measure because the piracy check, despite widespread distribution, is still a pilot program. He said the company was worried that it might have an unforeseen emergency that would require the program to terminate quickly.
<SNIP>
Weinstein said he also was surprised that Microsoft decided to release so widely a tool that it says is in a "pilot" mode and might need to be suddenly shut down.

"Really what you're talking about is someone saying, 'Look we've put something on your computer and it might go screwy, so we're going to kind of check in every day,'" he said.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/06/ ... ?from=top5

ebin25

Post by ebin25 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:48 pm

does this work with 2.07?

Link

Post by Link » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:18 pm

Can you just manually remove the files related to WGA, remove the corresponding registry entries and file names in entries.inf, and repack it as a cab? Why wouldn't that work perfectly for removing this WGA crap?

Or is it not that simple?

marzsyndrome

Post by marzsyndrome » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:56 pm

Having read about supposed dodgy dealings with the Malicious Software Removal Tool, I'm considering deleting that from my copy of the Update Pack as well as WGA. Is it relatively easy-peasy or is it better to provide a step-by-step guide in case no-one has the time to make another patch?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:10 pm

marzsyndrome wrote:I'm considering deleting [the Malicious Software Removal Tool] from my copy of the Update Pack...
There's no need because it's not there. ;)

All that exists regarding the MSRT are the registry entries showing that it has already been run (even though it never has). Removing those entries will make it appear on WU/MU/AU as a critical update.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:21 pm

5eraph wrote:
marzsyndrome wrote:I'm considering deleting [the Malicious Software Removal Tool] from my copy of the Update Pack...

All that exists regarding the MSRT are the registry entries showing that it has already been run (even though it never has). Removing those entries will make it appear on WU/MU/AU as a critical update.
i remember somebody has posted that mu/wu checks for mrt.exe file too. so you have to delete it too.

marzsyndrome

Post by marzsyndrome » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:44 pm

MrNxDmx wrote:
5eraph wrote:

i remember somebody has posted that mu/wu checks for mrt.exe file too. so you have to delete it too.
I don't get this. Surely you mean I have to keep that file in order for WU/MU to not moan about it? And the fact such an exe exists at all surely means it's more than just the registry entries being installed in the first place? :?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:45 pm

Out of curiosity, what are the problems with MRT that people are complaining about?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:59 pm

Dear marzsyndrome, i made an addon for MRT removal.
Remove MRT From RyanVM Update Pack
Just use this as an addon while creating your Xp install disc.

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:22 pm

ebin25 wrote:does this work with 2.07?
No, it does not. I just notice that the Ryan's pack was updated and I hope that I'll make soon a 2.0.7 compatible version.

EDIT: The 2.0.7 compatible version is released
Last edited by wiz011 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:32 pm

Make it with version 1.5.540.0 to save yourself a step in the near future

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:35 pm

Is there a direct link for downloading 1.5.540.0 or I should make a Win update?

And, of course, thanks for the sugesstion. :)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:17 pm

wiz011

Post by wiz011 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Thanks MrNxDmx.

The 2.0.7 version is just released :) Please, report here any problems with this build.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:28 am

thanks for new release.