Mimics the actual installer perfectly. Autoupdate is changed from beeing a "SharedDll" to simply beeing pointed to in the registry, and recide in the "Tiny Hexer" program directory instead of "Common Files". This works without any problem when testing to update after installing an old version (might change this if for some reson it will need to be apart from the installdir when updating in some cases).
Uninstallable (I decided to keep the INNO uninstall which is pointed to c:\), 8.3-compliant.
mirkes.de Tiny Hexer v188.8.131.52
SIZE: 2312 KB
Description: Hex Editor
Release Date: 2006-07-16
Installs to: "%PROGRAMFILES%\Utilities\Tiny Hexer"
Shortcut: StartMenu --> "Programs\Tiny Hexer.LNK"
Shortcut: SendTo --> "mirkes.de Tiny Hexer.LNK"
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003
tiny hexer is a free of charge hex editor for binary files. it allows you to edit multiple files (mdi), sectors of disks and other data media (disk editor) and modifiy virtual memory of other processes. tiny hexer is scriptable, lets you view data structures in a special browser in human readable format and has a plugin interface for third party extensions.
The main features of Tiny Hexer:
- search and replace of text or hex bytes (also with wildcard byte and regular expressions)
- file statistics and graphical data representation
- file properties dialog (including e.g. editable file times)
- editable file size up to 2 gb (depends on available virtual memory, in "disk image" mode also larger files can be edited sector/blockwise)
- native 32 bit windows application, mdi
- ascii, ansi, ebcdic (codepage 38), macintosh and custom character conversion
- unicode (ucs-2) support (character display, search and replace)
- scripting engine (tiny hexer script language) including macro recording and calling of stdcall functions in dynamic link libraries
- plugin interface to enhance tiny hexer and tiny hexer script functionality with your own delphi plugins (the sdk is currently not available, sorry...)
- insert and delete half bytes
- insert, overwrite and readonly modes
- common bookmarks and keyboard bookmarks per file
- cutting and pasting of binary data (also null-bytes)
- automatic backups of modified files
- configurable keyboard, shortcuts and toolbar
- value editor to modify bytes, words, ieee and ibm floating point numbers, single bits...
- structure viewer to better understand file structures (with sample structure scripts for .bmp, .exe, .lnk and .zip files and ntfs, fat16 and fat32 boot structures)
- multiple undo, single redo capabilities
- ole drag and drop support
- disk editing (windows nt/2000/xp only)
- support for alternate data streams on ntfs
- modification of virtual memory in other processes
- configurable editor appearance
- save and reload sets of options
- scriptable file import and export (with sample import scripts for hex text, intel hex and motorola s-record and sample export scripts/plugins for c-source file, pascal-source file, hex text, intel hex, motorola s-record, rtf, plain text, unicode text and html)
- absolutely free of charge!
- and more...
Okey, this one got a rather difficult licence to understand exactly. Free distribution but not to modify any files, and I do interpret that as it sez decompile/disassemble, and so on. All files are unmodified and supplied as is. If there is any problem with my interpretation, I will of course remove this Addon asap.
Will mail the author to really check.
Using Mrs Peel's excellent layout with her permission (thanks!).
Have fun all!
Edit: 2006/07/15 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)
Edit: 2006/07/18 - Updated to v184.108.40.206
Edit: 2006/07/25 - RyanVM hosting (thanks!)