[Tutorial] Create a launcher to start a custom program

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
T D

[Tutorial] Create a launcher to start a custom program

Post by T D » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:30 am

Guys, quick tutorial to make a launcher to launch another program instead of windows default.
I'll use Paint.NET and M$'s mspaint.exe as an example.
This is kind of like my addon for notepad2notepad++ replacement.

Download Quick Batch File Compiler
Open it, lol I shouldn't need to tell u that!!
In it, put

Code: Select all

net start ".NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86"
"%programfiles%\Paint.NET\paintdotnet.exe" "%1"
exit
Remember to put any services (in paint.net, .net framework optimizer svc) as half of them won't start if launched by another program, ie the mspaint launcher.
In the Custom resources tab, put whatever info and icons u want. Click "build" and save it as mspaint.exe. Backup ur old mspaint.exe to desktop or something (and in system32 and dllcache if u have sfp enabled) and put the compiled mspaint into it. Test it by editing a jpeg or something and if all went well, it will open it w/paint.net!!
Simply make the addon for the proggie, makecab mspaint.exe, make an entries*.ini, compress it and integrate!!
Notes: some ppl ntegrate in nlite, and nlite checks the version number, only if it is higher will it integrate. Make it 9.0.0.0 or higher. I chose quickbfc because it is fast and has a better rate of "working".

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:48 pm

I want to do this but can't understand what this guy was trying to say, can anyone explain better in more detail maybe? I downloaded this quickbfc program, no luck with it yet though! thanks!
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:54 pm

i'm trying to edit kel's uberpack for myself and need to make a launcher/replacement for notepad.exe. i can't use the one in kel's ++ addon replace because i use custom folder names and his launcher don't recognize where ++ is installed. thanks in advance!
_coming soon, don't hold your breath