Graphics by WolfX2 and HJW (special thanx Wolf and HJW)
We'll change the Run box and make it look like this:
First of all the disclaimer:
You don't have to do anything because I tell so, everything you do is on your own risk and I am not responssible when anything goes wrong.
With that out of the way, grab the tools if you don't have them yet:
- Any Bitmap thats 271 x 78 (right click the .png files above and Save Image As, then convert to .bmp with Paint)
- Replacer (optional, if you want to replace your current runbox without reformating)
- Extract shell32.dll from RVMUpdatePack2.x.x.7z to a safe place. (Copy it two times, one which we'll be editing, and one which is a backup)
- Open it in ResHacker and you'll see a list on the left side showing all available resources.
- Now select the 'Dialog' resource, and look at 1003. You'll notice it's the Run box.
- We'll start by adding a bitmap to place on our Run box. Go to 'Bitmap' and select 'Action', 'Add a new Resource'.
- Here you select a bmp file and give it the name RUNGFX.
- Press 'Add Resource' and now you can see it's added.
- Now we'll go back to the 'Dialog' 1003, 1033 and replace the existing script with this one:
Code: Select all
1003 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 188, 83
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | DS_CONTEXTHELP | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION ":: run ::"
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS SHELL DLG"
CONTROL "", 12298, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWN | CBS_AUTOHSCROLL | CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 3, 53, 181, 198
CONTROL "R", 12306, BUTTON, BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED | WS_TABSTOP, 21, 90, 1, 1
CONTROL "Run", 1, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 3, 67, 59, 14 , 0x00020000
CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 63, 67, 59, 14 , 0x00020000
CONTROL "Find", 12288, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 124, 67, 59, 14 , 0x00020000
CONTROL "RUNGFX", 0, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 3, 3, 181, 48
- When you have replaced it you press 'Compile Script'.
- And now you'll see the preview has changed to our new runbox!
- Press CTRL+S to save the modified dll.
- ModifyPE it
Now you can do one of 3 things: 1-Addon, 2-Manually Copy it or 3-Replacer to replace your current shell32.dll.
-1 Addon: Get the uncompressd shell32.dll and then open notepad and paste this into it: (Fill in the ????)
Code: Select all
Naming the addon: Make sure to include the word addon in your archive name, "and_dont_use_any_spaces" use underscore.
-2 Manually: Compress it with CabTool (from shell32.dll to SHELL32.DL_) and Replace/Overwrite the old one in your I386 folder.
-3 Replacer: Folow the insructions for the program and replace your current shell32.dll in your system32 folder.
*I made some addons with them Download HERE