[Release] xp-AntiSpy 3.96-4 plus Cpl Addon

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
MrNxDmX

[Release] xp-AntiSpy 3.96-4 plus Cpl Addon

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:49 pm

Homepage: EN
Quote from What is the xp-AntiSpy
The xp-AntiSpy is a little utility that lets you disable some built-in update and authentication 'features' in WindowsXP.
For example, there's a service running in the background which is called 'Automatic Updates'. I don't know what this service transfers from my machine to other machines on the internet, especially the MS ones. So I play it safe and disable such functions. If you like, you can even disable these functions manually, by going through the System and checking or unchecking some checkboxes. This will take you approximately half an hour. But why wast time when a little neat utility can do the same in 1 minute? This utility was successfully tested by lots of users, and was found to disable all the known 'Suspicious' Functions in WindowsXP. It's customiseable, but comes up with the Default settings, which are recommended. This utility is DONATIONWARE! This means, you don't have to pay anything for this program and you can give it to anyone who's interested in it, as long as you don't sell it. If you find this tool useful, and wanna gimme something back, think about donating a small amount of money.
Thanks.

Notes for both:
Both addons are English only and tested on a working windows, not via windows setup. FGCBA warns about an undefined inf file. Its safe to ignore. All shortcuts and entries will be deleted after uninstall.
If you use both of these, no conflicts will occur. You will see 2 xp-AntiSpy items in control panel :lol:

xp-AntiSpy Lite:
This one is installing in system32 folder. Puts a shortcut in startmenu/all programs/Utilities. Fully uninstallable via Add/Remove Programs. Name is "xp-AntiSpy 3.96-4 CPL" in Add/Remove Programs.

Download: NR_XpAntiSpy_Addon_1.1.cab
Size: 241KB / MD5: 9172B383BE2C0E89F841C1600084766F

xp-AntiSpy Standart:
And this one is being installed in ProgramFiles\xp-AntiSpy folder. It has shortcuts in StartMenu\xp-AntiSpy. Default shortcuts are added (Website, helpfile, exe and uninstall). Fully uninstallable via Add/Remove programs also via StartMenu uninstall shortcut. I used a cmd file to launch uninstall in startmenu. CPL entry is made. Name is "xp-AntiSpy 3.96-4 CPL" in Add/Remove Programs.

Download: NR_XpAntiSpyStd_Addon_1.0.cab
Size: 241KB / MD5: 2D836C64E56DAC39FAAAE991400A49AF

Changelog:
2007-02-18: Re-compressed both addons for smaller size.
2006-01-04: Lite 1.1: Modified a bit for not conflicting with standart one.
Last edited by MrNxDmX on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 am

Added standart version, and updated lite one. I prevented conflict now, so you can use both :lol:

Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:49 am

whats the difference between lite and standard? the home page doesnt have a lite version.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:05 am

That lite version is not the programs lite version. Its a lite addon. Contains only help file, and a cpl item...
MrNxDmX wrote:This one is installing in system32 folder. Puts a shortcut in startmenu/all programs/Utilities. Fully uninstallable via Add/Remove Programs. Name is "xp-AntiSpy 3.96-4 CPL" in Add/Remove Programs.

ahmerkhan

Post by ahmerkhan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:57 am

I would Love to see if any one make an Addon which does not contains any Interface but automatically changes in registry just like XpAnispy program....

If Some Ony Provide the registry Entries for all operations performed by XPAntispy,May be i can make Multi-Choice Addon for Each Operation/All in One....:)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Wow, it is diffucult to collect all registry changes done by xp-AntiSpy. Maybe you can contact the author. :idea: