Did not get the UserTweaks to work

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
BikinDutchman

Did not get the UserTweaks to work

Post by BikinDutchman » Sun May 27, 2007 1:43 pm

First: great package, you put a lot of effort in it, works better than anything else :D .

Second: I added special tweaks to [UserTweaks.AddReg] in NR_IE7en.inf. I did not work in my installation so I started looking into the file. I found it has prbably smthing to do with deleting the IE7-10 keys under [HKU.DelReg]. I commented that out and "problem solved".

MrNxDmX please look into this. You may have meant to delete smthing else with [HKI.DelReg].

While looking into NR_IE7.en.inf I also found a few other microscopic things. Imho:
-%17%\ can be left out of the advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx statements since it is the default folder. So no need for expandable reg string.
-HKU\.Default can be replaced by HKCU since most NR_IE7en.inf instructions are carried out under the Local System account.
-HKU\.Default is a symbolic link to HKU\S-1-5-18 so one can be dropped from [HKU.DelReg] if you use that at all.

Just trying to help improve further :? . This .Default registry thing is one of the most confusing ever.

ricktendo64

Re: Did not get the UserTweaks to work

Post by ricktendo64 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm

BikinDutchman wrote:-%17%\ can be left out of the advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx statements since it is the default folder. So no need for expandable reg string.
CONFIRMED and working... Thanks for the tip

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun May 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Ummm, I havent checked the tweaks at my last release, i was tired of tests.

I didnt know that %17% is not needed. I will remove them.
You may be right about the hku.delreg section. But i'm not sure that (HKU,".DEFAULT"=HKU,"S-1-5-18")
I need to confirm these with a new test.

Thanks for your post, but it was better to be posted in ie7 addon's topic. It seems you just opened account for this. Welcome to board :)

BikinDutchman

Sorry, should not have posted here

Post by BikinDutchman » Sun May 27, 2007 5:58 pm

I am new to this forum, actually became member to mention my small suggestions for the wonderful IE7 pack by MrNxDmX.

Hit the wrong button, next time I will go to the right forum

MrNxDmX

Re: Sorry, should not have posted here

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 pm

BikinDutchman wrote:I am new to this forum, actually became member to mention my small suggestions for the wonderful IE7 pack by MrNxDmX.
And, i am gladful that you've corrected my typos :wink:

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Thu May 31, 2007 6:44 pm

I too have received the "memory cannot be read" error when closing IE7.

This, on a system that runs Memtest86+ for 12 hours without errors.

laze.