This is of course not the the primary purpose of this desktop utility (which has sadly fallen into the realms of abandonware now), but I am sure there are many of you who will enjoy it for it's intended purpose - which is to pretty up your desktop appearance.
Because this was not my own purpose however, I have only given this the minimal amount of pre-configuration to solve my particular problem and the rest you will have to configure for yourselves.
Y'z Shadow v1.9
SIZE: 186 KB
Description: Create shadow effects and menu transparency
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Title: Y'z Shadow
Website: http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.p ... topic=1161
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\YzShadow"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and settings
Sorry, no screenshot available at this timeY'z Shadow
Y'z Shadow adds a shadow effect to the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow". It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
* Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
* Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active window and a different one in the inactive window.
* The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
* Add a drop shadow to the menus.
* Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
* The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your liking in the settings dialog.
* It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
* The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from having the drop shadow effect.
* The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar.
* Available in different languages (Japanese and English).
Enjoy (or not)